Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Biden (77yo) just beating Trump (74yo) as having the mental an

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited July 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Biden (77yo) just beating Trump (74yo) as having the mental and physical stamina to be President

How confident are you that [see below] has the mental and physical stamina necessary to carry out the job of president?Donald Trump Very/Somewhat 45% Not too/Not at all 54%Joe Biden Very/Somewhat 52% Not too/Not at all 45%(Monmouth U. Poll, RV, 6/26-30/20)

Read the full story here

Comments

• MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,589
    First
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,625
    I keep on saying it - where was a 2 term Governor, late 40s-early 50s, fit, sensible, articulate, when the Democrats were making their pick?
  • logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,669
    Is the UK's purchase of OneWeb a good idea?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYdSdawgMrw
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,768
    Hang on a minute, that's weird. Why have two threads floated up simultaneously?
  • YokesYokes Posts: 1,178
    Is it a big issue? Whilst its a binary choice between Oswald Mosley and Joe Biden its frankly irrelevant and so far there are no signs that situation is changing. When it could change then its an issue.

You go with what you got, not with what you want.
    Biden looks like the mind could let go before the body.

Trump looks like the mind has already gone.
    Trump's attack on Biden always seemed an example of the pot calling the kettle black. It doesn't look as though it's succeeding.

The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Donald?
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603

I keep on saying it - where was a 2 term Governor, late 40s-early 50s, fit, sensible, articulate, when the Democrats were making their pick?

Cuomo. I don't understand why he didn't stand.
    Yokes said:

Is it a big issue? Whilst its a binary choice between Oswald Mosley and Joe Biden its frankly irrelevant and so far there are no signs that situation is changing. When it could change then its an issue.

I wonder how the dynamic changes in a Pence v Biden run off?

I'll go Biden.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,756
    ydoethur said:

I don't care! I was first on both occasions. Victory lap around the garden, or maybe two victory laps!
  • EPGEPG Posts: 5,996
    The question is a dog that doesn't bark. It matches their popularity; if it didn't, one campaign would be trying to exploit the fact by splitting off conflicted supporters.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,082
    Leicester Anecdata: weather overcast but dry.

Just been running some errands in town. 3 mobile testing centres in action, 2 only a mile apart on the Uppingham Rd, all with a few punters. Vicki Park and Spinney Hill Park both very quiet. Food and takeaways busy, queues socially distancing well, mask wearing greater than 50% particularly amongst Asians. A few visible police strolling about. 1 pub just outside lockdown area shut, 2 others a little further out look pretty quiet, one with its carpark coned off to deter non locals.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

ydoethur said:

I don't care! I was first on both occasions. Victory lap around the garden, or maybe two victory laps!
    98 more and you can match Major Tom
    edited July 2020
    MaxPB said:

Changing horses in the middle of a crisis (ie Cuomo shirking his gubernatorial duties) would be a helluvan attack line, more damaging than any Biden bloopers imo. As it happens Biden or his team seem to have kept the blooper count to a bare minimum so far.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,840

Moreover. I know which one looks like the body could last four years.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,044

MaxPB said:

Changing horses in the middle of a crisis (ie Cuomo shirking his gubernatorial duties) would be a helluvan attack line, more damaging than any Biden bloopers imo. As it happens Biden or his team seem to have kept the blooper count to a bare minimum so far.
    Sherrod Brown was the horse that was allowed to get away.
    Foxy said:

Just been running some errands in town. 3 mobile testing centres in action, 2 only a mile apart on the Uppingham Rd, all with a few punters. Vicki Park and Spinney Hill Park both very quiet. Food and takeaways busy, queues socially distancing well, mask wearing greater than 50% particularly amongst Asians. A few visible police strolling about. 1 pub just outside lockdown area shut, 2 others a little further out look pretty quiet, one with its carpark coned off to deter non locals.

Thanks for the update. What news on hospital numbers?
  • Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Foxy said:

Also grey but dry here (North Herts,) fair amount of people out and about but more demand at Tesco (longest queue I've seen for a while) than at the pubs when I went into town later. Walked past two of the big watering holes with husband on way to drop something off at the GP surgery - from what little I could see the hostelries are attracting punters, but not in vast numbers. It's neither dead nor thronging - although I think the weather is playing its part. If it were as hot and sunny now as it was in May then I think they'd be attracting more trade.

The specific answer on the governor question is that Obama and the Democratic leadership sacrificed hundreds of state-level Democrats to pass the very divisive ACA-PPACA in 2009-10. Given how narrowly it passed, it is difficult to gainsay the strategy, but they started paying the price when Republicans took over dozens of state governments just in time for redistricting. To this day, Republicans still beat Democrats in state-level elections by about a 2:1 ratio. So what happens to the Democrats is (a) you fail to get elected Governor (b) you are Governor dealing with one or two Republican chambers against you (c) you are Governor with a trifecta in a left-wing state and you have to beat the moderates AND Bernie.
    dixiedean said:

Moreover. I know which one looks like the body could last four years.
    Big Mac and fries? Would you like to go supersize Mr Trump?
    From the 'other' new thread:

@Charles I'm surprised to see you getting hung up on the "once in a generation" remark by Salmond like HYUFD does.

Do you agree with the principle that no Parliament can bind its successor? Do you agree that no PM/FM can bind their successors?

Constitutionally Johnson isn't bound by comments May made. Sturgeon isn't bound by comments Salmond made.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,265
    Yokes said:

Quite. If it was proved that Biden has dementia and would never take any action on anything, he'd still be better than the malevolent incumbent.

By the way, thanks to algarkirk for his amicable disagreement on the last thread (I value the friendly tone of many disputes that we get here as much as anything else on PB - conversely I agree his theses are also perfectly possible.

How is un-lockdown going elsewhere than Leicester? Haven't been out myself.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

If Biden hadn't run Sherrod Brown would now be facing Trump.

Brown saw his oxygen cut off by Biden.
  • SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,243
    HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.—That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/03/883024992/npr-reads-the-declaration-of-independence
    Have we heard from Morris Dancer recently?
    Oh - to add, you could argue that Boot edge edge was an extremely delayed realisation by some Democrats that the "2 term Governor, late 40s-early 50s, fit, sensible, articulate" was a good idea. And Baemy an even more extremely delayed realisation of the same conceit.

Still, in the final analysis, the primaries were won by the guy who finished fourth and fifth in Iowa and New Hampshire. It's like Asimov's Mule, an event breaking the laws of social science.

He was on a bit earlier, making uncomplimentary remarks about McLaren.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165
    My dad's jut returned from a reccy of the pubs in the Woking area. Most are still shut and those that look like they might be open are not busy. The only one that is doing a good trade is the one in Pirbright that's been doing take-away food for sometime and the customers go and sit on the village green.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,625
    Yes - Las Vegas was largely invented by the mob.

Who then got chased out of town by the most dangerous gang there is - Big business.
    ydoethur said:

Not as uncomplimentary as those from the staff who are being laid off.
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Mr. Doethur, that was after I tipped Norris at 10.5 and Sainz at 5.25 to beat everyone except the big 6 in qualifying...

Mr. Borough, something amiss?

F1: bit irked I didn't back Bottas. He was 5 for fastest in qualifying, but there we are.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,713

@Charles I'm surprised to see you getting hung up on the "once in a generation" remark by Salmond like HYUFD does.

Do you agree with the principle that no Parliament can bind its successor? Do you agree that no PM/FM can bind their successors?

Constitutionally Johnson isn't bound by comments May made. Sturgeon isn't bound by comments Salmond made.

She is however bound if Westminster refuses to agree to indyref2 and respects what Salmond originally promised
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,676

That's zealots for you , democracy is only for them.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.—That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/03/883024992/npr-reads-the-declaration-of-independence

Now Trump has trashed the place we no longer want it back!

Happy Independence Day.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,972

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!

Happy Treason Day you bunch of ungrateful colonials aka the day we decided we'd much rather have India.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614

Mr. Doethur, that was after I tipped Norris at 10.5 and Sainz at 5.25 to beat everyone except the big 6 in qualifying...

F1: bit irked I didn't back Bottas. He was 5 for fastest in qualifying, but there we are.

I’m still happy with the7/1 tip on Bottas to win the race... :)
    Alistair said:

Am a big Sherrod Brown fan. And agree he'd be a formidable candidate, perhaps the only Democrat (we shall see) who could carry Ohio.

BUT note that Brown decided not to run BEFORE Biden announced his candidacy.

From Time, March 2019 -
    Ultimately, Brown concluded his path was too narrow to be viable. Much of the Democratic base has its eyes on the history-shattering candidacies of Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar or Kamala Harris. Others are thrilled by the likes of social-media darlings Cory Booker and Beto O’Rourke. All signs point to former Vice President Joe Biden jumping in the race in short order. The gruff, plain-spoken Brown had a tough path to match would-have-been rivals’ charisma. While he may have offered Democrats their best shot at a Midwest revival that is desperately needed should the party stand a chance at the White House, he was unlikely to survive a crowded primary, one adviser told TIME.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,082

Foxy said:

Thanks for the update. What news on hospital numbers?
    70 on Friday I think, stable over the month.12 on ICU, 3 on ECMO but those are often regional rather than local. Most of the ICU patients are from outside the lockdown area, I believe.
  • stodgestodge Posts: 12,745
    As it's apparently "super Saturday", I can only assume it's for the running of both the Derby and the Oaks at Epsom.

The Oaks looks a three-horse race on paper. LOVE won the 1000 Guineas and looks a top-class filly. FRANKLY DARLING beat ENNISTYMON in the Ribblesdale and you'd have to think there'd be little between them. I've not played on the race but my selection is LOVE.

The Derby looks wide open but it's easy to have doubts about a lot of the principals. ENGLISH KING won the Lingfield Derby Trial but the second that day might not be anything special and ENGLISH KING has a poor draw.

KAMEKO won the 2000 Guineas but he's a mile and a quarter horse on breeding so I oppose him. The Aidan O'Brien horses look nothing special - MOGUL may well come on from his King Edward VII run but he'll have to. RUSSIAN EMPEROR won the Hampton Court and the ground should be ideal - I think he'll go close.

PYLEDRIVER won with an enterprising ride at Ascot and he won't get that advantage again. HIGHLAND CHIEF won a handicap on soft ground last time and isn't anywhere near good enough.

I've backed MOHICAN HEIGHTS each way at 20/1. I thought he ran home well behind PYLEDRIVER at Ascot and could be staying on from the rear when others are running on fumes.
    On topic I suspect neither has the wit of Reagan when it comes to making their age a virtue.

Related to age....

Two things in recent days have made me feel really old.

1) We're closer to 2050 than we are to 1990.

2) People who weren't born when The Fellowship Of The Ring was released at the cinema are now having children.

Yours sincerely a 41 year old.
  • DjayMDjayM Posts: 21
    Once again, the Democratic Party is asking progressives to vote for a presidential nominee who says he disagrees with it about every major issue. This is presented as an offer it cannot refuse. If it casts a protest vote for a third-party candidate like the unionist and environmentalist Howie Hawkins of the Green Party or stays home on that key Tuesday in November, Donald Trump will win a second term.......

Suck it up snowflakes
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    ydoethur said:

Ill timed comments there...
    Mr. Sandpit, that must be something you said and I missed/forgot about :p

Just hoping the Norris bet sticks and he doesn't get penalised.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!

Happy Treason Day you bunch of ungrateful colonials aka the day we decided we'd much rather have India.
    Thanks for the kind thoughts! Like Ben Franklin said, "we must all hang together, or we will surely die separately."

Another apt quote : "Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason? Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason." - John Harington

Mr. Sandpit, that must be something you said and I missed/forgot about :p

Just hoping the Norris bet sticks and he doesn't get penalised.

What’s gone wrong with Ferrari?

Have they hired Luca Badoer?

Ben Franklin said, "we must all hang together, or we will surely HANG separately."

Alistair said:

Am a big Sherrod Brown fan. And agree he'd be a formidable candidate, perhaps the only Democrat (we shall see) who could carry Ohio.

From Time, March 2019 -
    Ultimately, Brown concluded his path was too narrow to be viable. Much of the Democratic base has its eyes on the history-shattering candidacies of Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar or Kamala Harris. Others are thrilled by the likes of social-media darlings Cory Booker and Beto O’Rourke. All signs point to former Vice President Joe Biden jumping in the race in short order. The gruff, plain-spoken Brown had a tough path to match would-have-been rivals’ charisma. While he may have offered Democrats their best shot at a Midwest revival that is desperately needed should the party stand a chance at the White House, he was unlikely to survive a crowded primary, one adviser told TIME.
    Before Biden announced his candidacy but after it was clear he was going to as mentioned in that quote.

A bit like how Johnson decided not to run in 2016 before Gove announced his candidacy but after he knew Gove was going to run and that meant he wouldn't win.
    Mr. Eagles, Mercedes and Red Bull have massively updated their cars.

It appears Ferrari forgot to do this.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,153

On topic I suspect neither has the wit of Reagan when it comes to making their age a virtue.

Related to age....

2) People who weren't born when The Fellowship Of The Ring was released at the cinema are now having children.

I can sympathise. For me it's the realisation that as a child, I was closer to the Great War than to today ...
    isam said:
    Wasn't Nige hanging about in Tulsa 2 weeks ago sniffing Trump's bottom? Must have had a superfast executive jet on standby to whip him back.

Mr. Eagles, Mercedes and Red Bull have massively updated their cars.

It appears Ferrari forgot to do this.

I thought it was more that Ferrari got caught, what's the word, oh yeah, cheating.
    Mr. Eagles, look on the bright side. Hannibal was at his most magnificent in his 30s and 40s.
    Carnyx said:

Related to age....

I can sympathise. For me it's the realisation that as a child, I was closer to the Great War than to today ...
    Indeed. As of this year my birth was closer to VE day than to today.
  • On topic, that poll really is two bald men fighting over a comb.

I continue to find it quite staggering that we are witnessing a battle - in a defining, "culture war" election - between two septegenarians, one of whom would be an octogenarian before the end of his first term.

And neither could be said to be looking especially well on it - they both look and act not a single day under their chronological age.

Alistair said:

From Time, March 2019 -
    Before Biden announced his candidacy but after it was clear he was going to as mentioned in that quote.

A bit like how Johnson decided not to run in 2016 before Gove announced his candidacy but after he knew Gove was going to run and that meant he wouldn't win.
    Big problem for Sen, Brown is that Mr. Charisma he ain't. Methinks that if he'd run in primaries, he might have had a trajectory similar to late US Sen. Henry "Scoop" Jackson (D-WA) who ran in 1976; had national reputation (on foreign policy), was very popular in his home state AND had substantial labor backing (when organized labor was a MUCH bigger deal) but was NOT charismatic and just never got any traction in a crowded field.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,713
    Hard Brexiteers pushing for their own Independence Day

https://twitter.com/LewisFeilder/status/1279315529577226240?s=20
    F1: markets not up, entirely possible I'll write the pre-race ramble tomorrow. Either then or this evening is equally likely.
    Carnyx said:

Related to age....

Crikey. Well within 5 years my birthday will be closer to Victorian times than my age then to my birthday!

Alistair said:

From Time, March 2019 -
    I had presumed that Brown's exploratory committees had come to the conclusion that Biden was running and would take all of Brown's viable funding sources.

Brown is the definition of "generic Dem" . He would have been perfect for this election.
    HYUFD said:

They were torn by divisions for decades ending up in a bloody Civil War and half a million dead.

Maybe not the best analogy.
    Interesting that Farage says he's had a test. I wonder how he got that and in what circumstances.
    HYUFD said:

Cough...ankers!
    tlg86 said:

Interesting that Farage says he's had a test. I wonder how he got that and in what circumstances.

He probably registered online to say he wants one.

Absolutely anyone is entitled to do so.

Why is that odd?
  • HYUFD said:

What a completely and transparently facile comparison.

Exactly what Twitter was made for. Ten out of ten.
    edited July 2020

tlg86 said:

Why is that odd?
    You don't even have to say you have symptoms? I don't think there's anything in the quarantine rules that say you can get a test and then skip quarantine if it's negative.
    edited July 2020
    "The next four months are going to be very, very ugly."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/02/opinion/trump-covid-economy.html
  • tlg86 said:

Why is that odd?
    Not absolutely anyone. You do need to be exhibiting symptoms to qualify. It's self-reported so, in practice, you could get one purely on a precautionary basis without consequences, but you'd be lying to get it.
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

IF you want to understand why Black Lives Matter is resonating so strongly with a diverse spectrum of Americans in the wake of the killing of George Floyd - despite the wretched excesses of a small minority of anarchists, rioters & other opportunists - these key words from the Declaration of Independence are the reason.

We often fail to live up to them - their author Thomas Jefferson certainly did - but they keep ringing in our ears and appealing to what our greatest president Abraham Lincoln called "the angels of our better nature".
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614

Related to age....

People born after 9/11 voted in the last UK election.
    HYUFD said:
    Great spoof. They should have their own TV comedy half hour.
  • No_Offence_AlanNo_Offence_Alan Posts: 3,705
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

From Time, March 2019 -
    I had presumed that Brown's exploratory committees had come to the conclusion that Biden was running and would take all of Brown's viable funding sources.

Brown is the definition of "generic Dem" . He would have been perfect for this election.
    Agree. I was on him at 80-1, I think.

HYUFD said:

What a completely and transparently facile comparison.

Exactly what Twitter was made for. Ten out of ten.
    Actually America DID negotiate a deal with the Mother Country - a pretty good one - Treaty of Paris 1783.
    tlg86 said:

Didn't he attend Tulsa? A wise precaution then.

For some reason I thought you hadn't been on here for a while. And then you pop straight up! :smile:
    edited July 2020
    Mr. Borough, to be fair, I've been posting a bit less recently due to being vaguely productive.

Edited extra bit: nice to be missed, though :)
    stodge said:

As it's apparently "super Saturday", I can only assume it's for the running of both the Derby and the Oaks at Epsom.

The Oaks looks a three-horse race on paper. LOVE won the 1000 Guineas and looks a top-class filly. FRANKLY DARLING beat ENNISTYMON in the Ribblesdale and you'd have to think there'd be little between them. I've not played on the race but my selection is LOVE.

The Derby looks wide open but it's easy to have doubts about a lot of the principals. ENGLISH KING won the Lingfield Derby Trial but the second that day might not be anything special and ENGLISH KING has a poor draw.

KAMEKO won the 2000 Guineas but he's a mile and a quarter horse on breeding so I oppose him. The Aidan O'Brien horses look nothing special - MOGUL may well come on from his King Edward VII run but he'll have to. RUSSIAN EMPEROR won the Hampton Court and the ground should be ideal - I think he'll go close.

PYLEDRIVER won with an enterprising ride at Ascot and he won't get that advantage again. HIGHLAND CHIEF won a handicap on soft ground last time and isn't anywhere near good enough.

I've backed MOHICAN HEIGHTS each way at 20/1. I thought he ran home well behind PYLEDRIVER at Ascot and could be staying on from the rear when others are running on fumes.

I have done ENNISTYMON , good bet at 7-1 given form.

tlg86 said:

That's as maybe, but it was decision to go there. I doubt the authorities would have let him have a test on his return as a way to avoid having to quarantine.
    HYUFD said:
    I wonder if he spoke to Donald Trump Junior's girlfriend or Herman Cain who were both also at the Tulsa rally and now have coronavirus.
  • stodgestodge Posts: 12,745
    malcolmg said:

Yes, I backed her each way at Ascot and made a few quid that day.

Good luck.

HYUFD said:
    One rule for them, another rule for us. It's quite easy really.
    BREAKING NEWS for NASCAR FANS

Seven-time champion Jimmie Johnson tests positive for COVID-19, will miss Sunday's Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Speedway.

Believe JJ is biggest US sports star to contract the Creeping Crud.
    malcolmg said:

stodge said:

2nd , well beaten but good EW bet, have done Mogul in the Derby
  • isamisam Posts: 40,731

isam said:
    Wasn't Nige hanging about in Tulsa 2 weeks ago sniffing Trump's bottom? Must have had a superfast executive jet on standby to whip him back.
    Seems so
    edited July 2020
    HYUFD said:
    You always know the unionists are panicking when they rollout Agent Pish, is Carlotta on vacation and left her spotty oick Hy FUD in charge of the shop.
    PS: Hamilton another of your invisible Tories that no-one has ever heard of or would recognise if they fell over them.
    tlg86 said:

All the footballers playing the Prem are being tested twice a week without any symptoms arent they?

Everyones talking about Nige in the pub with a pint.. he plays his enemies like a fiddle
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

That's as maybe, but it was decision to go there. I doubt the authorities would have let him have a test on his return as a way to avoid having to quarantine.
    Do national treasures need to quarantine?
    Looks like covid deaths in Georgia are going to start rising after a long and steep decline.

The age profile of Georgia Covid cases is amazing, a complete inverse of Sweden's with the majority of the cases amongst young adults.

HYUFD said:
    I wonder if he spoke to Donald Trump Junior's girlfriend or Herman Cain who were both also at the Tulsa rally and now have coronavirus.
    If Farage can get photographed being arrested for having a pint because a Lib Dem MP grassed him up it will be beyond his wildest dreams.. they cant help themselves can they?
    isam said:

tlg86 said:

All the footballers playing the Prem are being tested twice a week without any symptoms arent they?

Everyones talking about Nige in the pub with a pint.. he plays his enemies like a fiddle
    They're paying for them, I doubt Nige paid for his.
    tlg86 said:

isam said:

tlg86 said:

They're paying for them, I doubt Nige paid for his.
    Why'd you doubt that?
    PLEASE let Sir Keir call for Farage to be arrested
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    Alistair said:

Looks like covid deaths in Georgia are going to start rising after a long and steep decline.

The age profile of Georgia Covid cases is amazing, a complete inverse of Sweden's with the majority of the cases amongst young adults.

Its like having 10,000s of young people huddled together for hours on end screaming and shouting, between hacking their guts up from tear gas isnt a great idea.

All those articles from a few weeks ago talking about why no spike after reopening, not looking so clever now...

I see Australia and Israel are also now suffering new outbreaks.
This discussion has been closed.