Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The final phone poll of 2013 has almost no change on Novemb

SystemSystem Posts: 11,008
edited December 2013 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The final phone poll of 2013 has almost no change on November

There’s the December phone poll from ComRes for the Indy just out and the figures are almost exactly the same as in November. Only shift is that UKIP are down 1.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 1m
    YouGov/Sun poll tonight: Labour lead jumps back up to eight points:
    CON 33%, LAB 41%, LD 8%, UKIP 13%
  • Options
    Labour Lead was 9% a year ago with ComRes.

Definite trend seeing Labour's lead shrinking since this time last year.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

Pity ! Crossover postponed yet again !!
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,901

You are a disgrace for saying I would cheer Jean de Menezes being shot. You misunderstood what I said and aren't man enough to admit it.

Joker
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,298
    edited December 2013
    isam said:

You are a disgrace for saying I would cheer Jean de Menezes being shot. You misunderstood what I said and aren't man enough to admit it.

Joker
    You're the joker, wanting defence barristers punished for defending clients.

Don't make yourself look an even bigger idiot for trying to deflect away from your silliness.
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    surbiton said:

So George Osborne has wasted yet another opportunity to close the gap.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Phew - I'd have lost £500 if Computerash did bet! I'd offered a bet that this poll would have the Blues 6% or less behind... he bottled it but was right - it was 7% or more...

Hoorar!!!
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    isam said:

Joker
    I think the bigger issue is your claim that you would take a baseball bat to a bound man. Cheering the death or not of someone you have never met pales into insignificance.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    SMukesh said:

surbiton said:

Osborne is just biding his time, tormenting and playing with his political enemies.

He's poised and ready to strike, like a coiled hamster.

• Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    edited December 2013
    SMukesh said:

surbiton said:

Sounds like AVB's Spurs, we too always missed that opportunity....
  • Options

isam said:

Joker

Don't make yourself look an even bigger idiot for trying to deflect away from your silliness.
    I was wrong to say that about the lawyer, although I don't think I could defend Michael Adabalajo.

But you are a disgrace for saying I would cheer an innocent man being shot, when nothing I have said remotely suggests that, and a coward for not apologizing

Shame on you

• Options
    BobajobBobajob Posts: 1,536

surbiton said:

Phew - I'd have lost £500 if Computerash did bet! I'd offered a bet that this poll would have the Blues 6% or less behind... he bottled it but was right - it was 7% or more...

Hoorar!!!
    I was just thinking that Scrapheap!! I also thought "I'll never take that"

Odd bouncing about by YouGov although I guess it's all MOEish.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,826

Plumetting Crossover by Xmas

• Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,131
    SMukesh said:

surbiton said:

Didn't somebody relatively famous, if a bit foreign and quite old not die? I am sure I saw something on the Beeb about it.

• Options
    Bobajob said:

surbiton said:

Hoorar!!!

I feel like I've won £500 - shows how pointless polling day to day really is!

Time to lump on a Defoe hat trick tomorrow vs his old team????
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Joker

I was wrong to say that about the lawyer, although I don't think I could defend Michael Adabalajo.

But you are a disgrace for saying I would cheer an innocent man being shot, when nothing I have said remotely suggests that, and a coward for not apologizing

Shame on you

The shame is all on you.

I could point all the shameful things you've said tonight.

But I'm not going to bore everyone pointing out your comments, that justified mine (and other posters comments to you) by repeating them here.

You retracted your position on defence barristers, in a while you'll retract your other reactionary comments.

Knock yourself out, I'm off to watch some TV then bed, I won't be joining you on your outrage bus.
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    The Sun readers have spoken: Wednesday's Sun front page - "Draw a red line on immigration or else!" #tomorrowspaperstoday #bbcpapers pic.twitter.com/IOpQiXcT7a
  • Options
    edited December 2013

isam said:

isam said:

Joker

Shame on you

The shame is all on you.

But I'm not going to bore everyone pointing out your comments, that justified mine (and other posters comments to you) by repeating them here.

You retracted your position on defence barristers, in a while you'll retract your other reactionary comments.

Knock yourself out, I'm off to watch some TV then bed, I won't be joining you on your outrage bus.
    You don't normally mind boring people with your unfunny shoe stories, why stop now?

You are a gutless, boring coward, and you should be ashamed of yourself

• Options
    One for the cricket fans:

Tomorrow's Matt. Too good. pic.twitter.com/iVLBgvcWJj chrisdeerinrt
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,903

SMukesh said:

surbiton said:

Come on, chop chop - Appoint Zola. I'll be up £400 if he gets in.
  • Options
    I hope that puntahs are dissecting the polling headlines; monitoring Delta-2*; and staying humble. Has anyone looked at the Third-Derivative since, say, early September? It's not just the change in change but the pattern to which it underlies that change.

:junior-will-know:

* First-Derivative only shows the slope between two specific points. It's like certain posters' analysis of when some bloke from 'The Sun' posts YouGov figures: Meaningless and unscientific....
  • Options
    Mackem's all over Chelsea - they are 11/10 to qualify, Chelsea old boys a little tired in the last mins...still 4/6 tho?
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Joker

Shame on you

The shame is all on you.

You don't normally mind boring people with your unfunny shoe stories, why stop now?

I have no sense of shame, that way my other senses are enhanced.

Plus, I don't mention my shoes, it is other PBers who have seen them, that bring them up.
  • Options
    Lucian FPT

Very true. Cart the lot of them out. Bring in the young bloods. Bring back the urn in 2015.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

SMukesh said:

surbiton said:

Come on, chop chop - Appoint Zola. I'll be up £400 if he gets in.
    Unless Tim and Sir Les take us on a great Xmas run, I think you are stuffed until the summer and post the World Cup with the managers then shaken 'out' like Klinsmann perhaps.
  • Options
    Andrew Neil ‏@afneil 9s

Most business men I know think Cameron's previous anti-Heathrow line total bollocks. Think taken purely for PR reasons.

• Options

Mackem's all over Chelsea - they are 11/10 to qualify, Chelsea old boys a little tired in the last mins...still 4/6 tho?

Did anyone bet in play???? I didn't.... hoorar though.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Joker

Shame on you

The shame is all on you.

I have no sense of shame, that way my other senses are enhanced.

Plus, I don't mention my shoes, it is other PBers who have seen them, that bring them up.
    What a pity you will stoop so low to win an argument
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Is France going to have a very merry Christmas? I shouldn't think so.

http://order-order.com/2013/12/17/hollibande-leaves-france-on-verge-of-triple-dip-recession/
  • Options
    Hope noone lumped on Chelski tonight !
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

SMukesh said:

surbiton said:

Osborne is just biding his time, tormenting and playing with his political enemies.

He's poised and ready to strike, like a coiled hamster.

More like a castrated one!
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Joker

Shame on you

The shame is all on you.

Bobajob said:

surbiton said:

Hoorar!!!

Your luck is in tonight. Maybe ask the missus if she fancies an early night. It's sure to go down better than the Tory Party membership! :)

• Options
    DavidL said:

SMukesh said:

surbiton said:

Didn't somebody relatively famous, if a bit foreign and quite old not die? I am sure I saw something on the Beeb about it.

If this even didn`t happen,you think the people of the UK would have been overjoyed at their chancellor borrowing 111 billion a year after making deficit reduction his flagship policy and claiming he would have eliminated the structural deficit by next year end?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

isam, dude, calm down.....

You are right, it is utterly pathetic of me to get wound up by an internet chat room... explains a lot!
  • Options
    Yes, calm it a little isam. You'll never convince those on PB who refuse to look evil in the face.
  • Options
    Why did United let Wes Brown go? MOTM tonight. Again.
  • Options
    Some very interesting posts over the last few hours that reveal more about the posters than they probably wanted to.
  • Options
    isam said:

SeanT said:

You are right, it is utterly pathetic of me to get wound up by an internet chat room... explains a lot!
    To be fair, TheScreamingEagles did massively mis-represent you. Remember he has an agenda relating to the Lee Rigby story.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Yes, calm it a little isam. You'll never convince those on PB who refuse to look evil in the face.

By bringing themselves down to their level? Probably time for the bloodthirsty brigade to go to bed.

• Options
    Bobajob said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Joker

Shame on you

The shame is all on you.

Bobajob said:

surbiton said:

Hoorar!!!

Your luck is in tonight. Maybe ask the missus if she fancies an early night. It's sure to go down better than the Tory Party membership! :)

I'd forgotten that present, phew - can I get a Tory family club membership with my 'winnings' and join up Scrap jnr and the dog too?
  • Options

John Blundell ‏@johnablundell 4m

The 3rd runway at Heathrow should have been built years ago, the cost benefit analysis is overwhelmingly favourable unlike HS2
  • Options
    Arf Andrew Neil has smacked down HD2 formerly of this parish on twitter.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    DavidL said:

SMukesh said:

surbiton said:

Did someone? I must have missed it. I guess the BBC didn't cover it extensively.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

isam said:

SeanT said:

To be fair, TheScreamingEagles did massively mis-represent you. Remember he has an agenda relating to the Lee Rigby story.
    Yes!

I said Michael Adebalajo (a self confessed killer) should be tortured

he said

'You probably cheered when Jean De Menezes (an innocent man) was shot'

wtf?

• Options

isam said:

SeanT said:

What agenda is that, for those not in the know?
  • Options

surbiton said:

Hoorar!!!
    As I said last night I do not bet.

However, being correct about tonight's poll is enough for me.

PS - Opinion poll post desert on here tonight.....as I said it would be last night on here.

Poll......what poll?
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

DavidL said:

SMukesh said:

surbiton said:

If this even didn`t happen,you think the people of the UK would have been overjoyed at their chancellor borrowing 111 billion a year after making deficit reduction his flagship policy and claiming he would have eliminated the structural deficit by next year end?
    A mixed bag. Far too much borrowing, too much spending, excellent growth, unbelievable employment figures, ok inflation, some bits and pieces. But the media story was positive and I think it might have made some difference but for whatshisname.

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

Arf Andrew Neil has smacked down HD2 formerly of this parish on twitter.

Now HE was a nutter. Although he was always quite polite. Even to the PB Lefties.

• Options

Battle For Britain, THERE IS NO OTHER CHOICE. pic.twitter.com/Pf8EjKvEFZ

— John Slade (@JohnSladeWFC) December 17, 2013

The battle is just starting!
  • Options
    You know it could well be justice in the hard cases such as that of Babar Ahmed (Taking a hypothetical counterfactual of him being tried in this country) that suffers as a result of Gottlieb's shameful defence of Adebalajo today.

If I was a juror walking into his case, I might well be thinking he'll say anything to get 'em off.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Looks like Santa wont be delivering crossover in his sack to Avery LP for Xmas.

Swingback, swingback......my kingdom for any kind of swingback!
  • Options

Bobajob said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Joker

Shame on you

The shame is all on you.

Bobajob said:

surbiton said:

Hoorar!!!

I'd forgotten that present, phew - can I get a Tory family club membership with my 'winnings' and join up Scrap jnr and the dog too?
    I reckon you'll pick that bumper package up for fifty quid. The other £450 buys Lynton Crosby as Santa on Christmas Eve.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Torture is evil.

I think TSE is doing a fairly good job of making that clear.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

That reminds me of Silly Billys "Ten days to save the pound".
  • Options
    This is an odd book, it sounds like Tom Knox 5 but was written in 2008 and the hero is called Knox:

"Fact collides with fiction in Will Adams second pulse-pounding adventure featuring the enigmatic Daniel Knox. On the trail of a Dead Sea Scroll, Knox stumbles across an ancient temple being surreptitiously excavated by evangelical Christians outside Alexandria. A chase ends in tragedy with the death of Alexandria's senior archaeologist, and Knox the chief suspect. Meanwhile, Knox's partner Gaille Bonnard is baby-sitting a television crew around the ancient city of Amarna, home of the multiple mysteries of Pharaoh Akhenaten. Kidnapped by rogue soldiers, her time fast running out, she sends Knox a message hidden in a hostage video, pleading with him to come to her rescue. But Knox has problems of his own, under arrest on suspicion of murder, locked in a police cell half a country away. And the only way for him to find and save her is to crack one of the great unsolved mysteries of the ancient world."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Exodus-Quest-Will-Adams/dp/0007250886/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1387318124&sr=1-1&keywords=exodus+quest

Didn't SeanT spend months travelling around Egypt researching 'The Deceit' ? It seems he could have got half the ideas from reading this earlier book, which from brief reading I find to be of a much lower standard than SeanT's.

Has the torture thriller industry reached the point where it is swallowing its own tail so to speak. Where every idea has already been partially used before or is there something more sinister happening ?

I suspect there's an enormous conspiracy taking place.

There must be a good torture thriller to be written about this conspiracy.
  • Options
    I think the LAB 41 and CON 33 are at the edges of the confidence intervals as were LAB 38, CON 36.

Lab 39.5, Con 34.5 is probably the true picture. So the lead looks more swingy than it actually is.

Lab 41, Con 38 or Lab 36, Con 33 would both be worse polls for Labour than the one the other day.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,921
    MikeK said:

Where do I sign up? I want to save Britain from the racists, loonies and fruitcakes of UKIP!
  • Options

isam said:

SeanT said:

Care to expand? Or are you happy to leave the smear hanging?

• Options
    Charles said:

MikeK said:

Torture is evil.

Burkhas, nikabs and FGM are forms of torture.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

You know it could well be justice in the hard cases such as that of Babar Ahmed (Taking a hypothetical counterfactual of him being tried in this country) that suffers as a result of Gottlieb's shameful defence of Adebalajo today.

If I was a juror walking into his case, I might well be thinking he'll say anything to get 'em off.

Gottlieb's defence speech and statements in court today was shameful and a disgrace; a factual twisting of the evidence, and one that he will rue.
  • Options
    Can't be arsed scrolling through, though I can see some handbags have been swung. Who's lost their mascara and whos' lipstick has been rubbed all over their face.
  • Options
    The conservative share has definitely improved since the autumn statement. But the Labour share hasn't really moved.
  • Options

MikeK said:

Mate - you seen YouGov? You were right. Thankfully you saved Scrapheap's Christmas by not taking the bet.
  • Options

isam said:

SeanT said:

What is his agenda ? Come on. Out with it.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited December 2013
    There will of course be no whole tariffs imposed because they were ruled to be in breach of the human rights of prisoners by the ECHR earlier this year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23230419
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

The conservative share has definitely improved since the autumn statement. But the Labour share hasn't really moved.

Strange how this graph seems to go against what you have just posted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/UK_opinion_polling_2010-2015.png
  • Options

Charles said:

MikeK said:

Torture is evil.

Care to expand 're TSE?

• Options

Pulpstar said:

Hmm So it does. Human perception of events isn't perfect, seems I was wrong.
  • Options
    Bobajob said:

MikeK said:

Mate - you seen YouGov? You were right. Thankfully you saved Scrapheap's Christmas by not taking the bet.

I know. Just spotted Avery running down the road with goalposts emblazoned with the words "polling crossover".I am always here to educate the uneducated.
  • Options
    Burkhas, nikabs and FGM are forms of torture.Care to expand 're TSE?

Nope.
  • Options

surbiton said:

Hoorar!!!

PS - Opinion poll post desert on here tonight.....as I said it would be last night on here.

Poll......what poll?

it's not quite a desert when I'm out celebrating my escape from the poll and you actually post that???????????????
  • Options
    My agenda is, via my posts and the occasional threads I write, is to corrupt you with my evil, with subtle subliminal messages, referencing true evil.

Yes, I'm talking about 80s/pop music.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Well that graph does go up to mid November
  • Options
    Where's Edmund's widget when you need it.
  • Options

surbiton said:

Hoorar!!!

Poll......what poll?

it's not quite a desert when I'm out celebrating my escape from the poll and you actually post that???????????????
    Scrapheap - It is ever such on here regarding polls. I had actually forgot the Populus poll was released on a Monday as it seemed to have fell off the PB Hodges radar yesterday. Actually noticed the result late last night and realised why it was as popular as a fart in a lift on here.

It will be a Subsection Lord Lucan tonight/in the morning.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Care to expand 're TSE?

Nope.

Spineless fool. This thread does some people no credit. It's like a BNP for pussies convention.

I'll leave you all to it for the night.
  • Options

And continuing my amusement at the Knoxian torture thriller conspiracy, from an Amazon customer review:

"Very much a continuation of the first one - using the main central character (Tom Knox) which was possibly the author's major mistake."

Either that customer has read so many torture thrillers that he's getting the character Daniel Knox and the author Tom Knox mixed up ...

... or there is a conspiracy taking place and the Amazon customer is dropping significant hints.

What we need is to have a Tom Knox book to investigate who this Daniel Knox really is and who stands behind him.

The snake is swallowing its own tail, the mirrors are reflecting themselves ...
  • Options
    compouter1compouter1 Posts: 642
    edited December 2013

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Well that graph does go up to mid November
    Their polling data includes yesterdays Populus, though the graph goes to 10:31 on the 9th November.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

I am actually mentioning this so we can keep talking about the polls.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,321
    FPT David L

When my wife was taking her time about producing our first child I had problems with my diary. I had a proof the next day when the moment came. Before I took her to hospital I raced over to the office (in another town) to write a detailed note about what had to be done the next day. Having done this I came back and took her to the hospital.

You look back on these events and wonder. I have no recollection what that case was about. I will remember the day my daughter was born for the rest of my life.
    ------------

Brilliant story. Hope to meet you at a pb do or something sometime.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,921
    SeanT said:

This is an odd book, it sounds like Tom Knox 5 but was written in 2008 and the hero is called Knox:

"Fact collides with fiction in Will Adams second pulse-pounding adventure featuring the enigmatic Daniel Knox. On the trail of a Dead Sea Scroll, Knox stumbles across an ancient temple being surreptitiously excavated by evangelical Christians outside Alexandria. A chase ends in tragedy with the death of Alexandria's senior archaeologist, and Knox the chief suspect. Meanwhile, Knox's partner Gaille Bonnard is baby-sitting a television crew around the ancient city of Amarna, home of the multiple mysteries of Pharaoh Akhenaten. Kidnapped by rogue soldiers, her time fast running out, she sends Knox a message hidden in a hostage video, pleading with him to come to her rescue. But Knox has problems of his own, under arrest on suspicion of murder, locked in a police cell half a country away. And the only way for him to find and save her is to crack one of the great unsolved mysteries of the ancient world."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Exodus-Quest-Will-Adams/dp/0007250886/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1387318124&sr=1-1&keywords=exodus+quest

Didn't SeanT spend months travelling around Egypt researching 'The Deceit' ? It seems he could have got half the ideas from reading this earlier book, which from brief reading I find to be of a much lower standard than SeanT's.

Has the torture thriller industry reached the point where it is swallowing its own tail so to speak. Where every idea has already been partially used before or is there something more sinister happening ?

I suspect there's an enormous conspiracy taking place.

There must be a good torture thriller to be written about this conspiracy.

Hah. Bless! No, I was unaware of this. However you are right: there are only so many massive, global religious conspiracy thriller ideas knocking about, so there is always overlap. And now there is overKILL, and sales have died away

This is why I have now moved away from this genre to posher literary thrillers. I am now officially called S K Tremayne. And this is my new thriller (already written, but due 2015):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Ice-Twins-S-Tremayne/dp/000745922X

(Tremayne was my great grandmother's surname)

It is a big change! I'm a bit scared and rather excited. We're selling the book around the world, so things look good - but I have not, of course, won over a single reader, yet. The gods will decide.

My next is in a similar vein, but set in Cornwall. I'm aiming for Daphne du Maurier on mild amphetamines.
    I've pre-ordered your book, Sean. It'd better be good or I'll send the boys around ...

As a matter of interest, have you read any of Peter May's detective stories based on the isle of Lewis? (The Lewis Man, The Blackhouse etc).

Hang on! I've just seen the date: it's not due to be released until August 2015? Nearly two years? I knew the publishing industry is slow, but that's ridiculous. Especially if they've already paid you ...
  • Options
    BETTING POST

If anyone followed State Go Away (I think) advice on buying "The Field" in League 2 for 11 points you can now cash out for 14 points. I've done so. Or you could let it ride in the knowledge it is value. Up to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Last poll prior to the Autumn Statement vs the Latest poll post Autumn Statment

ICM Con +2, Lab -1

ComRes phone poll, Con NC, Lab NC.

ComRes online, Con NC, Lab +1

YouGov, Con +4, Lab NC

Populus, Con nc, Lab NC

Ipsos-Mori Con +1, Lab -1

Opinium, Con +2, Lab +2

Average changes since the Autumn Statement

Con +1.29

Lab +0.14
  • Options

surbiton said:

Hoorar!!!

Poll......what poll?

LOL. I dare say it's probably the first and last time you will celebrate an eight point Labour lead!
  • Options
    I put a lightbulb in a cup the other day. I suggest noone does this, the bulb must have expanded on cooling now and it is stuck.
  • Options
    I imagine - I hope - that for some, reading this/the last thread in the morning will feel like waking up with a sore head next to the biggest minger in the universe.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I put a lightbulb in a cup the other day. I suggest noone does this, the bulb must have expanded on cooling now and it is stuck.

Random, but very funny :-)
  • Options
    SeanT said:

This is why I have now moved away from this genre to posher literary thrillers. I am now officially called S K Tremayne.

Tom Knox sounded like a man of action but this S K Tremayne bloke sounds a bit prim and proper.

I visualise them as:

Tom Knox = Magnum
    S K Tremayne = Higgins

• Options
    Incidentally the ducks you can see on my twitter page, @Pulpstar - they are now living in Thanet South (Long story). They could be living in UKIP's first ever parliamentary seat come 2015.
  • Options

And continuing my amusement at the Knoxian torture thriller conspiracy, from an Amazon customer review:

"Very much a continuation of the first one - using the main central character (Tom Knox) which was possibly the author's major mistake."

Either that customer has read so many torture thrillers that he's getting the character Daniel Knox and the author Tom Knox mixed up ...

... or there is a conspiracy taking place and the Amazon customer is dropping significant hints.

What we need is to have a Tom Knox book to investigate who this Daniel Knox really is and who stands behind him.

The snake is swallowing its own tail, the mirrors are reflecting themselves ...
    I think a snake swallowing its own tail was significant in one of the earlier Tom Knox theses.

The symbolism is dramatic...
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

According to my friend who has worked in A&E, putting a lightbulb in a cup, isn't the most exciting place where a lightbulb has been put.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    My final thought for the evening.

It should be mandatory, for some women to wear the Niqab
    Carola said:

I imagine - I hope - that for some, reading this/the last thread in the morning will feel like waking up with a sore head next to the biggest minger in the universe.

• Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420
    edited December 2013
    To be fair:

TSE has defended Keir Starmer*. Keir Starmer has been portrayed as a defender of 'Tick-boxes' breaking the rule-of-law. FGM has never been prosecuted (unlike we see in Tanzania today); Sex-based abortions have been condoned; and as for paeophiles in Islamic "communities"....

Please remember: Correlation =/= causation. I don't think our resident Scots-born lawyer/editor/moderator has ever supported any of the [Starmer] tool's approach to English-Law.

* Appointed by the "crim"** Baroness Scotland no less....
    ** It is, under "English"-Law, a criminal offence to employ illegal-immigrants I do believe.
  • Options
    compouter1compouter1 Posts: 642
    edited December 2013

Last poll prior to the Autumn Statement vs the Latest poll post Autumn Statment

ICM Con +2, Lab -1

ComRes phone poll, Con NC, Lab NC.

ComRes online, Con NC, Lab +1

YouGov, Con +4, Lab NC

Populus, Con nc, Lab NC

Ipsos-Mori Con +1, Lab -1

Opinium, Con +2, Lab +2

Average changes since the Autumn Statement

Con +1.29

Lab +0.14

Can I play this game :

Difference to fist poll after Autumn Statement:

Con +1
    Lab +2

The Yougov you have quoted was a complete outlier and showed Labour with a 12% lead, the largest Labour lead for seven months. The other leads that week was 6/8/6/8.

Lies, damn lies....
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

According to my friend who has worked in A&E, putting a lightbulb in a cup, isn't the most exciting place where a lightbulb has been put.

If someone comes into A&E with a lightbulb and worries that it has grown, well it probably has.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

My agenda is, via my posts and the occasional threads I write, is to corrupt you with my evil, with subtle subliminal messages, referencing true evil.

Yes, I'm talking about 80s/pop music.

Fans of early 80s music may be interested in this fantastic cover of Joe Jackson's 1982 hit "Steppin' Out" by a YouTuber called Tom Brislin:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3JdNGAv8hc&amp
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924
    @seant,

Can I just pay you £15, and you send me a pdf or doc file?
  • Options
    Jeremy Hunt doing his best to get out the NHS vote for Labour

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nhs-staff-told-no-pay-2937572. I can see his point and its one I agree with, pay should be restrained. But MPs should lead by example - the 11% from IPSA is a great way to show solidarity with the workers. Tough times and all that.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

If someone comes into A&E with a lightbulb and worries that it has grown, well it probably has.
    That's another post of the year candidate right there.
  • Options
    Are Labour in favour of the third runway btw ?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Are Labour in favour of the third runway btw ?

Who knows?

Wait until 2015*

*or late 2014.
This discussion has been closed.