Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Opinium’s Tory lead down from 26% at the start of Starmer’s LA

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,826

Pagan2 said:

@Pagan2 you voted Tory in 2015 for an EU referendum, yet more people voted for other parties. So why should you get exactly what you want, and others get nothing?

That’s how our system works. I know you don’t care because you did in fact get what you want, but you wont forever.

You need to grow up.

Say for the sake of argument tories in 2015 got 45% lib dems 15% labour 40%. Tories and lib dem form a coalition therefore. Price of coalition is that the tories drop the referendum

Now further say20% of those tory voters only did so because of the rerendum promise. Removing those give tories 25% lib dems 15% labour 40%...your coalition now only has absolute power of 40% as you complained about becaise you stole the votes of those that only voted for tories due to the eu referendum promise. That is precisely the problem with coalitions

They steal the votes and use them to claim a mandate they don't have because people wouldn't have voted for them if they knew the eventual manifesto.
    Manifestos don't mean anything. Many things are in manifestos that don’t get done. Or things that aren't that do. Are those votes “stolen” as well?
    Yes they are
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,826
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

@Pagan2 you voted Tory in 2015 for an EU referendum, yet more people voted for other parties. So why should you get exactly what you want, and others get nothing?

That’s how our system works. I know you don’t care because you did in fact get what you want, but you wont forever.

You need to grow up.

Say for the sake of argument tories in 2015 got 45% lib dems 15% labour 40%. Tories and lib dem form a coalition therefore. Price of coalition is that the tories drop the referendum

Now further say20% of those tory voters only did so because of the rerendum promise. Removing those give tories 25% lib dems 15% labour 40%...your coalition now only has absolute power of 40% as you complained about becaise you stole the votes of those that only voted for tories due to the eu referendum promise. That is precisely the problem with coalitions

They steal the votes and use them to claim a mandate they don't have because people wouldn't have voted for them if they knew the eventual manifesto.
    Manifestos don't mean anything. Many things are in manifestos that don’t get done. Or things that aren't that do. Are those votes “stolen” as well?
    Yes they are
    Just because I think pr is crappy doesn't mean I will defend parties not implementing their manifeto's under fptp....they get elected under a prospextus and should do their best because its what people voted for.

Under a shitty pr system....people vote then hope you might do something they vaguely like because there is nothing you are voting for except a party name and I am pretty sire pr election parties put things in their manifesto they no will garner votes but are designed to be traded away as I suspect Camerons referendum pledge was....I don't believe he ever thought he would have to go through with it. I suspect rather he expected another coalition with the lib dumbs that allowed him to say it was the price of coalition to can it
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

I love the smell of a lord, a WM MP & another WM MP in the morning. It smells like...victory.

https://twitter.com/TheScotsman/status/1289578829384564738?s=20

Scottish Independence used to vex me. It seemed so important.

And yet now? Oh god, who cares. Go have a vote. The West is collapsing. Every single western society is going to be drowning in debt for two generations, and that's IF we survive this with a decent vaccine coming along soon. Without that, we face a global roiling - as power moves from west to east - that makes internal "British" politics look like a game of Scrabble during Hurricane Katrina.

Do it. Vote indy. Good luck. Sincerely. Who gives a fucking toss any more. It is just a bunch of rocks in the sea.
    I guess when you were reduced to making the genetic case for preserving the Union you still cared. Oh well, life comes at you fast.
    We are just arguing about the specific governance of Rockall during a nuclear winter. If that turns you on, still, knock yourself out
    Am upholding the Irish claim! Come hell, high water OR eighty billion more tons of seagull poop.
    The Irish claim that was shown to be bollocks?

As always it’s about the sea zone of control not the island itself
    What's bollocks in London can be coddle in Dublin, and visa versa.

AND would yez dare argue against the proposition, that Irish birds can out-shit anything that flies, swims or waddles?
    Dublin doesn’t claim sovereignty, although it doesn’t recognise the U.K.’s claim