Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The year end YouGov polls from 2010 – 2014

SystemSystem Posts: 11,008
edited December 2013 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The year end YouGov polls from 2010 – 2014

Just to note that tomorrow there will not be the usual PB Christmas Day cross-word from StJohn. For various reasons he’s not been able to do one this year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    Hope you have a nice restful christmas, OGH.
  • Options
    MillsyMillsy Posts: 900
    Happy Christmas everyone.

I've blogged on 6 reasons for Tories to be cheerful this Christmas
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,924
    Have a good Christmas everyone. Thanks, OGH, for all you do.

And a prosperous 2014 to all (except bookmakers!) .
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    edited December 2013
    As everyone cuddles up close to their family and friends, I wish all on PB a Merry Christmas in the traditional sense.
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 896
    Yes, Happy Christmas to all from deepest Andalucia.
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone.

Very interesting to compare the graphs. Labour and LIb Dems are more or less the same, but there's a more significant shift in UKIP and Conservative numbers.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,131
    Well I am off to Markies. As Captain Oates said I may be some time.

If I don't get back a merry Christmas to all.
  • Options
    One last thought before I go.

I was chatting to my 10 year old in the car yesterday. His latest idea was that we should spend our foreign aid budget on plane tickets so that those living in horrible countries can live somewhere better. He saw little point in giving them food so they could stay put. His view was that we would only end up saving them again next year. If they moved to proper countries they could get a job and look after themselves.

What political party is he going to end up supporting?
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    All the veries to everyone and your families, and may you have a profitable 2014.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    A wise young man; but not a kipper by the sound of it!

Happy Winterval to everyone

:-)
    DavidL said:

I was chatting to my 10 year old in the car yesterday. His latest idea was that we should spend our foreign aid budget on plane tickets so that those living in horrible countries can live somewhere better. He saw little point in giving them food so they could stay put. His view was that we would only end up saving them again next year. If they moved to proper countries they could get a job and look after themselves.

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    edited December 2013
    A good day for profits warnings, additional trading statements, arrests of 'entertainers', inquiries into the behaviour of clergy, news of failing hospital managers, useless IT projects, MOD project overspends, BBC presenters' income tax arrangements, release of MPs' expenses for research and travel, failing tax receipts, higher borrowing costs and celebrity recreational drug and drink abuse, Z listers night of shame.

Christmas is more than just an opportunity to hide bad news. Enjoy it.

Seasonal compliments to OGH, other posters and thread headers. Normal hostilities will be resumed asap.
  • Options
    Bishop tries to have his Christmas cake and eat it:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25488875

"The Bishop of Warrington, the Right Reverend Richard Blackburn, said the changes [introduction of universal credit] - along with austerity cuts - had hit the "most vulnerable" hardest. "

"He said the changes were "long overdue" but there were inevitably "casualties"."

So, they're long overdue and also hitting the vulnerable hardest?
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    DavidL said:

The Libertarian party, if one exists.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,924
    I can see what the Bishop means. There's a strong, but not universally accepted, argument that the various social security benefits had developed into a bureaucratic nightmare, with no-one ….. claimants, advisors or officials …… finding it easy to work through, or establish who was entitled to what..

So that's a plus for UC. However the way it has been introduced, combined with a reduction in some elements means that some of the most vulnerable had been disadvantaged. Sometimes, I understand, severely.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas PB!

I'm not quite alone in the office today, there are a couple of other lost souls in. Nice a quiet though.

Got the entire in-law clan round for Christmas Eve dinner later. Was up fairly late cleaning and cooking.. Felt like I chopped my body weight in onions. I'm making an Indian feast, the kitchen will smell amazing.

Favourite cracker joke #1: Two snowmen are in a field, one turns to the other and says "Can you smell carrots?"
  • Options
    Favourite cracker joke #2: (Best said in a Scottish accent) What do you do if you find a trumpet buried in your garden? You rooti-toot.
  • Options
    Father Christmas : Can you look outside and tell me what the weather's like.

Wife of above: Looks like rain dear.
  • Options
    Q: What's blue and smells like red paint?
  • Options
    DaemonBarberDaemonBarber Posts: 1,626
    edited December 2013
    dr_spyn said:

Father Christmas : Can you look outside and tell me what the weather's like.

Wife of above: Looks like rain dear.

Reminds me of an old shaggy dog story...

Potted version:

It's Chritmas Eve and Mr and Mrs Pepperpott are having tea and a scone in a little cafe by the seaside. It's terrible weather outside. Suddenly the door bursts open and there stands Rudolf Nureyev! He's in a very miserable mood and slumps in to the nearest chair muttering to himself. Mrs Pepperpott asks her husband, What's wrong with him? The Russian must have overheard because he interjects, Rain it's always sodding rain in this country! Mr Pepperpott, ever the proud Englishman leaps to the national defence, Nonsense he says, It's a bit windy I grant you and there is a chance of snow but no rain! The dancer leaps out of his chair, and demands again that there is rain in the air! Mrs Pepperpott leans over her husband and in a calming voice says to him:

Wait for it...

"Rudolph the Red knows rain dear..."

Badum tch!
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245

Favourite cracker joke #1: Two snowmen are in a field, one turns to the other and says "Can you smell carrots?"

Two parrots stood on a perch. One turns to the other and says "can you smell fish?"
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,828
    Morning all :)

Unlike Mr Barber, I'm not going to make it to Guildford today as SWT have alll sorts of problems with flooding and fallen trees.

First, let me wish everyone on here a Happy Christmas with particular thanks to Robert and Mike for keeping the site going and providing a place for us all to agree coherently or incoherently (delete as appropriate).

On-topic, the graph shows a slight recovery for the Conservatives but compared to their position this time two years ago, they remain a long way off the pace (not so much four lengths behind and on the bridle as someone put it but ten lengths down and hanging right under pressure). There's a very long way to go but with the in-built seat bias to contend with, a Conservative majority still looks a much bigger ask than a Labour majority.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,811
    DavidL said:

The fact that you did not educate him that they were indeed not "horrible countries" but that they were just nice countries that were materially poor and run by people like Tories and as is their want just a few people stole all the money, in any case says it all about you. Another member of the nasty party coming up.
  • Options
    A happy Christmas to all.

And one of these for Avery:

http://search.aol.co.uk/aol/image?q=chicken+suit+images&v_t=client97-sb

The bet I offered on the previous thread is open to all Osborne fans.
  • Options
    Festive greetings to all PBers, - wishing you all a safe and very jolly time - Merry Christmas.

What did Father Christmas do when he went speed dating? - He pulled a cracker!
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

. Another member of the nasty party coming up.
    He doesn't sound like a potential Labour voter IMO... ;-)

Nice to see you're as full of festive cheer as ever
  • Options
    When you look at the graph, the Labour percentage is very stable with last years being an outlier. One party has taken a hit whilst another party is rising gradually.

Something for the PB Hodges to chew over with their Christmas turkey.
  • Options
    On Topic for a change...

The graph does seem to give lie to the claims that Labour are as effected by the rise of UKIP as the Tories.
  • Options

On Topic for a change...

The graph does seem to give lie to the claims that Labour are as effected by the rise of UKIP as the Tories.

SSSHHHHH.....first rule of PB for the Hodges, don't let facts get in the way of the agreed line.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    So North Korea is run by Conservatives? Not how I would describe them!

Indeed the problem in many countries is that they are run by narrow minded nationalists, and demagogues who like to blame their failings on others.

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

The fact that you did not educate him that they were indeed not "horrible countries" but that they were just nice countries that were materially poor and run by people like Tories and as is their want just a few people stole all the money, in any case says it all about you. Another member of the nasty party coming up.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,921
    I'd feel slightly better if a pardon was given to everyone convicted of that law, not just someone who also did valuable war work and is now famous.

(Although IMHO Tommy Flowers deserves much credit he does not get)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Flowers
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746

On Topic for a change...

UKIP's 2013 increase seems to come from Labour rather than the Conservatives. The quibble would be the size of UKIP's 2013 increase.

• Options
    compouter1compouter1 Posts: 642
    edited December 2013

On Topic for a change...

UKIP's 2013 increase seems to come from Labour rather than the Conservatives. The quibble would be the size of UKIP's 2013 increase.

Looking at the graph since 2010 Labour has lost 1%, Lib Dems stable

The Tories have lost 5% and UKIP gained 6%

Looks plain and simple to me, but hey ho.....or should that be ho ho?
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    MG..You have excelled yourself this morning..appalling.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

On Topic for a change...

The chart shows the Conservatives increasing 2012>2013, and Labour decreasing 2012>2013.

To support the argument that UKIP are eating into Labour's vote, local election results work better than YouGov polls.

local election results:
    2012: Con 31%, Lab 38%, LD 16%
    2013: Con 25%, Lab 29%, LD 14%, UKIP 23%
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,921
    edited December 2013

On Topic for a change...

The chart shows the Conservatives increasing 2012>2013, and Labour decreasing 2012>2013.

To support the argument that UKIP are eating into Labour's vote, local election results work better than YouGov polls.

local election results:
    For completeness, what's the corresponding figure for UKIP in 2012?

(Edit: interesting data, btw)
  • Options
    edited December 2013

On Topic for a change...

local election results:
    For completeness, what's the corresponding figure for UKIP in 2012?

(Edit: interesting data, btw)
    No idea. I'm getting these numbers from Wikipedia, and they don't offer a UKIP 2012 figure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_local_elections,_2012

But I think 2013 was the first attempt by UKIP to stand candidates across the country.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

On Topic for a change...

The graph shows the Conservatives increasing 2012>2013, and Labour decreasing 2012>2013.

local election results:
    Local election results cannot be used as they are not like for like. There are certain areas that have local elections on different years that will produce better results for either the Tory Party or Labour. Metro v Shires. However, you already knew this but played the slanted figures anyway.

Second rule of the PB Hodges, find a set of results favorable and spin, spin, spin.

Third rule of PB Hodges, if an opinion poll is not good, don't mention it, ignore it....look squirrel. For an example check this site for the last Yougov of the year. No, you won't see much mention of it. Then check the third to last one of the year, which showed the 2% Labour lead.......sub-sectioned to death.

Merry Christmas on and all......even the PB Hodges.
  • Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916
    UKPolling Report Take on the Polls

"The six point Labour lead is the same as the average in YouGov’s polls across December, in comparison in December 2012 YouGov was showing an average Labour lead of eleven points, so year-on-year Labour’s lead has almost halved – the YouGov average for December 2013 is Conservative 33% (up 1 since 2012), Labour 39% (down 4), Lib Dem 9% (down 1), UKIP 12% (up 3).

Labour leads have seemed a tad lower since the Autumn statement, but the vast majority that narrowing came in the early part of 2013 when economic optimism first stating picking up. We can see the changes in attitudes to the economy in the other regular YouGov trackers here. 17% now think the economy is doing well, 50% badly. It’s still strongly negative, but compare it to December 2012 when it was 5% well, 73% badly. 41% of people now think the coalition are managing the economy well, 51% badly – it’s still a net negative, but compare it to December 2012 when it was 31% well, 59% badly"
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It would be nice if we can have one thread (a full day would be better but reality bites) without the constant background pollution of PBTories/Hodges/RedEd/blahblah/biasedBBC/blah/nonsense...

It really is most tiresome.

Have a sherry and a mince pie
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,903
    After winning the toss*, Labour elected to bat first. After a shaky start by opener Miliband, he found his rhythm and just failed to reach his century, out for 95. Fellow opener Balls flashed hard, but was caught for 15 off a great delivery by spin bowler Osborne. Nevertheless a total of 350 was amassed with helpful contributions from Cooper, Alexander and a maiden 50 for middle order Reeves. An unusually high portion of Labour's runs came from boundaries, many of which saw the ball flying past second slip (Clegg).

Heading into bat second, opener Cameron put on an excellent hundred but around him the wickets tumbled. Middle order pair Fox and Lansley both out for ducks. Cable was looking very good till he holed out for 31. A total of 270 was amassed leaving a deficit of 80. No-one from the Labour team bowled particularly well, a combination of rash shots and poor decision making was to blame.

The match is still very winnable for both sides heading into the second innings, though it looks a bigger challenge for the blue team. The draw just edges favouritism however.

Current prices:

Lab: 2.68
    Con 4.3
    Draw 2.52

• Options
    Second rule of the PB Hodges, find a set of results favorable and spin, spin, spin.

Says a man who has described the whole of 2012's Labour polling as an outlier to try and mask the 2013 decline.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

On Topic for a change...

The graph shows the Conservatives increasing 2012>2013, and Labour decreasing 2012>2013.

local election results:
    Local election results cannot be used as they are not like for like. There are certain areas that have local elections on different years that will produce better results for either the Tory Party or Labour. Metro v Shires. However, you already knew this but played the slanted figures anyway.

Third rule of PB Hodges, if an opinion poll is not good, don't mention it, ignore it....look squirrel. For an example check this site for the last Yougov of the year. No, you won't see much mention of it. Then check the third to last one of the year, which showed the 2% Labour lead.......sub-sectioned to death.

Merry Christmas on and all......even the PB Hodges.
    As I understand it the published local election results are normalised to produce a comparable figure: National Equivalent Vote (NEV).

EDIT
    The House of Commons library offer slightly different numbers.

"Estimates suggest that Labour would have won 29% of the national equivalent share of the vote, the Conservatives 26%, UKIP 22% and the Liberal Democrats 13%."

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/research/briefing-papers/RP13-30/local-elections-2013
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Financier said:

UKPolling Report Take on the Polls

"The six point Labour lead is the same as the average in YouGov’s polls across December, in comparison in December 2012 YouGov was showing an average Labour lead of eleven points, so year-on-year Labour’s lead has almost halved – the YouGov average for December 2013 is Conservative 33% (up 1 since 2012), Labour 39% (down 4), Lib Dem 9% (down 1), UKIP 12% (up 3).

Labour leads have seemed a tad lower since the Autumn statement, but the vast majority that narrowing came in the early part of 2013 when economic optimism first stating picking up. We can see the changes in attitudes to the economy in the other regular YouGov trackers here. 17% now think the economy is doing well, 50% badly. It’s still strongly negative, but compare it to December 2012 when it was 5% well, 73% badly. 41% of people now think the coalition are managing the economy well, 51% badly – it’s still a net negative, but compare it to December 2012 when it was 31% well, 59% badly"

So when do you expect the crossover then, or was it your self that said May? The PB Hodges imminent crossover in September, and the Xmas crossover have hit the buffers.

I need to get my back ready for moving those goalposts again and would like a bit of time to get it ready.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,321
    Interesting chart, showing the difficulty in finding things to talk about when the polls barely shift for 3 years. AnotherDave's local election stats are actually in line with them, since they are specific to 2012-13. Looking at individual results over the year, my impression is that UKIP have started to do quite well in classic working-class Labour seats where Labour is completely dominant: it's the "oh, let's try someone else" phenomenon of safe seats, which we've also seen in Tory-dominated areas. Neither really affects likely seat outcomes, though.
  • Options

Says a man who has described the whole of 2012's Labour polling as an outlier to try and mask the 2013 decline.

Nigel, that graph above is the last Yougov poll of 2012.
  • Options

Interesting chart, showing the difficulty in finding things to talk about when the polls barely shift for 3 years. AnotherDave's local election stats are actually in line with them, since they are specific to 2012-13. Looking at individual results over the year, my impression is that UKIP have started to do quite well in classic working-class Labour seats where Labour is completely dominant: it's the "oh, let's try someone else" phenomenon of safe seats, which we've also seen in Tory-dominated areas. Neither really affects likely seat outcomes, though.

You're far too sensible Nick.
  • Options

It would be nice if we can have one thread (a full day would be better but reality bites) without the constant background pollution of PBTories/Hodges/RedEd/blahblah/biasedBBC/blah/nonsense...

I am fighting the hordes here. Left wing posters on here now are as common polling crossovers. This messageboard is the left Rourke's Drift, we need whatever ammo we have left.
  • Options

I am fighting the hordes here. Left wing posters on here now are as common polling crossovers. This messageboard is the left Rourke's Drift, we need whatever ammo we have left.
    Join us for a game of football in no man's land and leave the invectives behind for one day...
  • Options

Join us for a game of football in no man's land and leave the invectives behind for one day...
    For you Mr Barber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ErrZ-ipoE
  • Options
    edited December 2013

For you Mr Barber:

...snip...

Call me Daemon... or Ace ;-)

but Wings!?!?! Get thee to Planet Rock immediately:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od7GUy9XS7c
  • Options
    I've amended the header to include chart for ICM

Just 2 years ago it had UKIP on 1%
  • Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options

I've amended the header to include chart for ICM

Just 2 years ago it had UKIP on 1%

Dec 2011 - Now that is what you call a polling crossover.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    DavidL said:

Sounds like an Orange Booker

Free market economics plus unlimited immigration...
  • Options

Bishop tries to have his Christmas cake and eat it:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25488875

"The Bishop of Warrington, the Right Reverend Richard Blackburn, said the changes [introduction of universal credit] - along with austerity cuts - had hit the "most vulnerable" hardest. "

"He said the changes were "long overdue" but there were inevitably "casualties"."

So, they're long overdue and also hitting the vulnerable hardest?

Ironically it was the same day as ++George (Carey) stood up an complained that the government wasn't standing up for Christianity in the UK.

My immediate reaction was 'you've just kicked them in the nads, and *now* you're complaining they don't help you'...
  • Options

Merry Christmas PB!

I'm not quite alone in the office today, there are a couple of other lost souls in. Nice a quiet though.

Got the entire in-law clan round for Christmas Eve dinner later. Was up fairly late cleaning and cooking.. Felt like I chopped my body weight in onions. I'm making an Indian feast, the kitchen will smell amazing.

Favourite joke overall:

There are two fish in a tank. One of them turns to the other and says "How do you drive this thing?"
  • Options
    "How does he maintain such consistent standards? He makes it look so easy, with his endlessly pious tone and sad voice, punctuated by little sighs when someone asks a question he doesn't like. Then there are the terrible speeches delivered as though they have been assembled on an app which strings together assorted liberal platitudes."

Clegg...
  • Options
    Think I'm going to roll a die come GE2015. Deciding th weightings for eah party will be the tricky bit. Thinking 1 = LD, 2,3 = UKIP, 4,5,6 = CON at the moment.
  • Options

Indeed the problem in many countries is that they are run by narrow minded nationalists, and demagogues who like to blame their failings on others.

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

:Innocent Face:

Seasons Greetings to one and all, and best wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2014!

In particular thanks to OGH who does an excellent job!

• Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    A VERY unexpected Christmas present... from Ofsted!

http://www.clerktogovernors.co.uk/ofsteds-subsidiary-guidance-showing-changes-in-january-2014-version/

http://teachingbattleground.wordpress.com/ (retweeted by the DfE, which says a lot - plus they have a 'ban gimmickry in teaching' bloke blogging for them on their facebook page).

Anyway... Merry Christmas to all PBers, even the Tories (I'll pray for your souls ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8qE6WQmNus
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,435
    The polling data appears to support the hypothesis that initially UKIP drew voters from the tories, but now it is a rallying point for disenchanted voters.

There is hardly any movement from 2010 L voters, but that is because Brown had chased them away already.
  • Options
    Did you weep for the jewelers this Christmas? Gold is now at $1200, whereas a year ago it was riding high at $1700.

One of the main influences, a major clampdown on imports into India (for jewelery) as it was affecting their balance of payments.
  • Options
    Financier said:

Did you weep for the jewelers this Christmas? Gold is now at $1200, whereas a year ago it was riding high at $1700.

One of the main influences, a major clampdown on imports into India (for jewelery) as it was affecting their balance of payments.

The Indian jewellery trade is not to be underestimated. One of the "facts" routinely trotted out on "how badly Britain is doing at exporting" is "Belgium exports more to India than Britain does" - the vast majority of which is diamonds from Antwerp.......

• Options

The Gordon Brown memorial award for economic ineptitude:
    There can only be one winner this year. As an economic brainbox, with lots of Treasury experience helping organise the end of boom and bust, Ed Balls has huge intellectual self-confidence. This makes his colleagues wary of taking him on when he says he knows what is really happening in the economy.
  • Options
    Brent crude at $111.56. £/$ 1.63.

These figures are almost identical to this time last year !
  • Options
    GBP vs EUR 1.22 -> 1.19. A small change but not alot...

Globally it seems to have been a quiet year...
  • Options
    To Financier:

On gold - there is a huge transfer of physical gold underway from west to east. Vaults in London / New York at record low inventories. At some point the western central banks will no longer be able to intervene to depress the price of gold and the gap between the price of gold and the gold price (ie physical vs paper) will close. IMHO $1200 is a floor.

To everyone else too:

Happy Christams and a prosperous 2014 to you all. A couple of cracker jokes to throw in the mix:
    Q: What did the fish say when it swam into a wall?
    A. Dam!

1. Knock knock
    2. Who's thee?
    1. The interrupting cow
    2. The int...
    1. MOOOO!
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    NickP.

"Looking at individual results over the year, my impression is that UKIP have started to do quite well in classic working-class Labour seats where Labour is completely dominant:"

From my anecdotal position, I tend to agree. In safe Labour seats, it's nice to give the party the occasional kick in the nuts. But a few of the voters will go for good once they're broken the habit of a lifetime. Therein lies the danger for Labour if Ukip continue to thrive.

Anyway Happy Christmas to everyone and thanks for the entertainment.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

GBP vs EUR 1.22 -> 1.19. A small change but not alot...

Globally it seems to have been a quiet year...

@Pulpstar:

Yes the ends are similar but quite a bit of variation in between.e.g Euro has been at 1.234 and a low of 1.143. So if you picked your timing right and took the right options, there was a lot of money to be made.

Some shares have shown a very good return. Picked up one in Aug 2012 at 250p and sold out this December at 690p, but you have to know a lot about the company. Luckily the stock market often over-panics at short term bad news about a sound business, which allows for better than expected profits on the rebound. The share will increase in value over the next five years as their global strategy is right, but I wished to take the major part of the profit now.
  • Options
    BETTING POST:

888Sport are currently 2.625 (13/8) Conservatives most seats.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,581
    After a year in which I have hardly posted, for one reason and another, I would just like to wish a Merry Christmas to all PBers, whatever your political colours. The class struggle resumes on Boxing Day!

Bold predictions for 2014: Kippers to win the Euros, Yes to win in Scotland, the Toon to get into Europe and the Mackems to get relegated.
  • Options
    Good morning all. My best joke is a visual one, but works well on any age group (it's particularly good with young children and drunk adults):

Q: How does an elephant ask for a cream bun?
    A: (Extend your arm from your face and waggle your hand in the face of the victim and say:) Can I have a cream bun please?
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,157
    This is a rather heartwarming story for Xmas - http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/20/bradford-synagogue-saved-muslims-jews

Anyway, my contribution to bad Xmas cracker jokes:

Q: What do you call a fish with no eye?

A: FSH

Merry Xmas to all!
  • Options
    I'm specifically enjoined from posting jokes on PB.

Some PBers are yet to recover from my jam joke.

However

The Bank of England is to introduce plastic banknotes that can survive a spin in a washing machine by 2016.

Surely that will just encourage money laundering ?
  • Options
    One thing is for sure on GE night 2015 I will have some more cash back in various accounts !

Whether I make a profit is another matter though ;)
  • Options

I'm specifically enjoined from posting jokes on PB.

Some PBers are yet to recover from my jam joke.

However

The Bank of England is to introduce plastic banknotes that can survive a spin in a washing machine by 2016.

Surely that will just encourage money laundering ?

TSE

Perhaps you can try it for us and test their de-inking resistance?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

And a merry Christmas to you Malcolm. I would even wish you a happy new year but I fear you might in fact find it a bit disappointing.
  • Options
    q. what do you call a deer with no eyes.

a. No idea.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,901
    edited December 2013

Would be nice if the new years resolutions of some posters was to stop the use of "PB this" or "PB that" as an insult... usually just highlights how partisan the poster is

@antifrank so is it a total of £200 at 4/6 you have on the LD/UKIP bet?

My fav joke...

I asked a trainer at the gym if he could teach me to do the splits...

He said "Sure, how flexible are you?"....

I said "I cant make Tuesdays..."

boom boom

Merry Christmas
  • Options
    Charles said:

DavidL said:

That was kinda my thought. Is this like letting your child support Blackburn Rovers or Liverpool? Condemned to a long life of disappointment and ridicule.

• Options
    DavidL said:

Charles said:

DavidL said:

That was kinda my thought. Is this like letting your child support Blackburn Rovers or Liverpool? Condemned to a long life of disappointment and ridicule.

Well, at least the LibDems have got out of their Spurs phase.

No longer do they have unrealistic hopes of a great breakthrough...
  • Options
    "...the four great sources of happiness within human control are faith, family, friends and work. Married people are happier than singles. Those engaged in religious practices are happier than the unchurched."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-23/how-to-be-happy.html

Make sure you go to church this Christmas!
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Charles said:

DavidL said:

A friend of mine bought a Blackburn top in the mid 90s...

• Options
    Charles said:

DavidL said:

Charles said:

DavidL said:

Well, at least the LibDems have got out of their Spurs phase.

No longer do they have unrealistic hopes of a great breakthrough...
    And despite all the betting chat on here they don't change their leader every year either.
  • Options
    @isam, yes £200 on the Lib Dem side of that bet in total. Many thanks.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,321
    Happy Christmas all, and may your holidays be free of AWFUL jokes...
  • Options
    BBB Magazine has an article about how much land is given over to golf courses - land for the rich, idle and privileged as some would say.

Well the area/county which has most of its land devoted to golf courses is: Merseyside at 2.82%. So now we may have a few different adjectives to describe Merseysiders.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24378868
  • Options
    A very merry Xmas and Happy New Year to everyone - even the moderator who banned Tim and, as a result, made this site a lot less interesting (it is now in danger of becoming a place where tedious arguments between UKIP supporters and Tories dominate).

I have three Montescristo No 2s stored away, there is whisky, there is beer, there are a couple of bottles of very nice wine, there is meat, there is family, there is no work. I have made my peace with the cricket and the football. For the next week or so everything is sorted. Bliss.

Once again - joy and peace to one and all. I may pop in from time to time. When I do I will probably be a little oiled, so apologies in advance.
  • Options

A very merry Xmas and Happy New Year to everyone - even the moderator who banned Tim and, as a result, made this site a lot less interesting (it is now in danger of becoming a place where tedious arguments between UKIP supporters and Tories dominate).

I have three Montescristo No 2s stored away, there is whisky, there is beer, there are a couple of bottles of very nice wine, there is meat, there is family, there is no work. I have made my peace with the cricket and the football. For the next week or so everything is sorted. Bliss.

Once again - joy and peace to one and all. I may pop in from time to time. When I do I will probably be a little oiled, so apologies in advance.

TIM IS NOT BANNED !
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,811
    DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

And a merry Christmas to you Malcolm. I would even wish you a happy new year but I fear you might in fact find it a bit disappointing.
    David, Thanks and Best Wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family , I will even offer you a drink next year in an independent Scotland, maybe then we will see a real Scottish Conservative party flourish and get shot of all the deadwood London placemen presently in place.
  • Options
    Financier said:

BBB Magazine has an article about how much land is given over to golf courses - land for the rich, idle and privileged as some would say.

Well the area/county which has most of its land devoted to golf courses is: Merseyside at 2.82%. So now we may have a few different adjectives to describe Merseysiders.

Golf courses are for people who want to play golf I thought ;p
  • Options
    Financier said:

Up here in civilisation (Scotland), golf is a sport for all. There are naturally plenty of elite courses, but there are many many more municipal courses. No class barriers on the fairway.

Also as a scouser... wot youze tryin to say like?
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Pulpstar,

"TIM IS NOT BANNED !"

He's probably playing golf on one of the many Merseyside golf courses.

• Options
    Right, time to go home an cook curry.

Merry Christmas one and all!

• Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
  • Options
    MikeK said:
    I thought you was going to say he stuck his finger up Vinces.....
  • Options
    In the spirit of crap Christmas jokes:

How does Father Christmas like his pizza?

Deep pan, crisp and even.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    CD13 said:

Pulpstar,

"TIM IS NOT BANNED !"

He's probably playing golf on one of the many Merseyside golf courses.

Wading through the River Alt on the Kirkby Municipal looking for what happened to his tee shot off the first ;-)
This discussion has been closed.