Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Happy Christmas to everybody

SystemSystem Posts: 11,018
edited December 2013 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Happy Christmas to everybody

Mike Smithson

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    And a very Merry Christmas to you too. Thank you for another year of enlightening analysis, interesting trivia and some cracking betting tips as well.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,852
    Merry Christmas Mike. Thanks for the great site
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,916
    Merry Christmas Mike
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Happy Christmas to OGH and all PBers.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    To OGH , his family and all who post on here , have a Super Xmas .
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    edited December 2013
    It's an intriguing and often amusing site OGH, and for me instructive. Thank you.

footnote: "politicalbetting.com" = "giant celtic bloom pit". (sorry)
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,332

To OGH , his family and all who post on here , have a Super Xmas .

Hear hear!
  • Options
    I'm a bit of a Bah! Humbug! when it comes to Christmas, but I echo the sentiments downthread to the Smithson clan, all the Lurkers, and all posters past and present, and that includes you, too, tim.

May you all have the Christmas that you want, and that your hopes for the future be realised.
  • Options
    Me_Me_ Posts: 66
    FPT- Hey Nick! Brazilian parties are such a mess.

If you need any help, just say it. We have more than 20 parties in Congress. And, yes, we do make politics of every country look sober!

As for the law ending cosmetic animal testing in São Paulo, there's a big probability that the governor will sign it (there are already petitions on the internet and 2014 is election year).
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Happy Christmas, one and all.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    All the best to everyone this Christmas
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Merry Christmas to OGH and all on here.

Department stores at the mall have been open for 100 hours straight and will close at 6pm. I bet the folks working there will be glad of the break.

True to form the bah humbug brigade are trying to spoil the fun. Greenpeace has an ad with Santa saying that due to ice melting at the north pole he might have to cancel christmas. This is showing all over the place and kids are seeing it and getting upset. Adults will recognize who is playing Santa. Here is the extended version of the commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCQJuzSqj6s
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,287
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  • Options
    ZenPaganZenPagan Posts: 689
    Nadelik Lowen oll

or in otherwords merry christmas all if you insist on one of the lesser languages :)
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    Merry Christmas...am trying to tell small niece that Father Christmas is kept sober on the day by fairies and his sleigh is limited to 100mph by Notwork Fail.

Best wishes to OGH and family as well as PB contributors, posters and lurkers.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,332
    Tim_B said:

True to form the bah humbug brigade are trying to spoil the fun. Greenpeace has an ad with Santa saying that due to ice melting at the north pole he might have to cancel christmas. This is showing all over the place and kids are seeing it and getting upset. Adults will recognize who is playing Santa. Here is the extended version of the commercial.

Hammersmith Council have joined in the Scrooge act, writing to all their tenants telling them to be frugal so they have enough money for the rent. I suppose one could regard it as prudent advice for people in arrears, but they've apparently sent it to all tenants, even those who have always paid on time.

• Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    Tim_B said:

Department stores at the mall have been open for 100 hours straight and will close at 6pm. I bet the folks working there will be glad of the break.

Except of course ice at the north pole isnt melting. You see these pressure groups with their shock posters and videos. The same is said about other things. Shelter run campaigns about the growing numbers of people homeless and sleeping rough. Homelessness is barely a third of what it was a decade ago. Then we have pictures of poor hungry children going without, which again is largely old bumph, obesity rates are higher for children of parents who are on benefits.
  • Options
    To all and sundry (and there are a good few sundries on here!) have a very merry Christmas!
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,051
    edited December 2013
    Tim_B said:

How dare those spoilsports cast a pall over 100 non-stop hours of retail. They'll be telling us it's nothing to do with the birth of Christ next.

Happy non-specific festival of clinging on to crumbs of comfort in the midwinter darkness, to right and left and everyone in between. A wee glimmer of positivity from an honorary Glasgow Boy:

Hassan Rouhani ‏@HassanRouhani
    May Jesus Christ, Prophet of love & peace, bless us all on this day. Wishing Merry #Christmas to those celebrating, esp Iranian Christians.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,920
    Ho ho ho ! Watching a docu on Mel Smith at the gfs parents.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Merry Christmas, one and all!

And for the benefit of those who are working, no mention of the Q word!
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    Is Ed Miliband around?
    No, he's tall and thin...
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    I see that OGH has made a Selfie. :D
  • Options
    RichardNabaviRichardNabavi Posts: 3,413
    edited December 2013
    Pulpstar said:

Ho ho ho ! Watching a docu on Mel Smith at the gfs parents.

I knew him well at Oxford. I have some stories...

Merry Xmas to all! And of course special thanks to Mike, Robert, our invisible moderators, and all who make this wonderful site what it is.
  • Options
    Bit bizarre that some homes in Surrey and Sussex may be without power tomorrow. Those are usually the least likely places to be hit by bad weather. Hope they do get power back in time for Christmas lunchtime.
  • Options
    compouter1compouter1 Posts: 642
    edited December 2013
    Merry Christmas to OGH, all the posters and polling crossover predictors.

PS. Why is there a picture of Mr Magoo on the top of this thread? ;-)
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,203
    Just back from Midnight Mass. Merry Xmas to one and all and a special thanks to Mike, Robert and the moderators.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,269
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    "Beer-loving politician Nigel Farage may be forced to spend Christmas day in the pub after electricity supplies failed in his home village."

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/24/nigel-farage-ukip-leader-to-spend-christmas-in-the-pub-after-uk-storm-4242221/
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

"Beer-loving politician Nigel Farage may be forced to spend Christmas day in the pub after electricity supplies failed in his home village."

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/24/nigel-farage-ukip-leader-to-spend-christmas-in-the-pub-after-uk-storm-4242221/

Fear not, Nigel tells us (via Twitter) that he has given up waiting for the power to be restored and has packed his family into the car and taken them off to relatives.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Merry Christmas from Eastbourne - hope Santa was generous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5bo4VDEH-U
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    A Happy and Merry Christmas To OGH and a all who frequent the halls of PB.
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,435
    Merry Christmas.

Spare a thought for Saint Anastasia whose Day it is also; does anyone celebrate Her Day?
  • Options
    New Thread
This discussion has been closed.