Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Macron still in 3rd place in French Presidential polling but i

Comments

• Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Chris_A said:

Roger said:

John_M said:

John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

If we were confident we wouldn't need a special relationship. Then again we wouldn't need Brexit either.

Speak for yourself. It is because we are confident we want to break free, have our own laws, contol our borders and strike trade deals with whoever we want, not some failing undemocratic bloc
    Goodness you must have suffered for the past 40 years. Poor you what a blessed relief for you now to see freedom in sight.
    I voted remain but welcome the opportunity to make our own laws - if it is good enough for the Scots it is good enough for us
    Excellent finally you can spread your wings and be all you can be.
    Think I have already done that in my 73 years having travelled round the world 10 times in the last 10 years, have a great family and four grandchildren, and am retired in a beautiful Welsh Victorian Seaside Town
    OMG. Not Llandudno?
    The beautiful Queen of resorts with so much to offer
    When I met Jenny, we seriously considered Llandudno, it's only three hours from London. There are worse commutes. We settled for staying in Monmouthshire because: Haberdashers, and it's a two hour journey. I'm very envious of you, it's a lovely area.
    It is quite fabulous.

As we drive over the Little Orme and see the wonderful arc of the bay with it's Victorian Hotels and then the Great Orme standing high we are just so grateful that we have lived and worked here for over 52 years
    I used to live in St Asaph and often kicked about all along that coast. Underrated part of the country in my view.
    I used to go to school in Penmaenmawr. I used to spend alternate Sundays on day release around the Great Orme. What happened to the Gogarth Hotel Big G?
    Do you mean the hotel on top of the Orme?
    Yes that was it. A cream coloured gothic looking place. I used to have lunch either there or at the Imperial.
  • Options
    PaganPagan Posts: 259
    surbiton said:

PAW said:

The EMA in London employs 59 British, several thousand EU. Not sure it is a big loss of jobs.

Where do they pay their taxes ?
    http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index.jsp?curl=pages/about_us/general/general_content_000329.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac0580029426

salaries are exempt from national taxation
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

His lies are all so weird as often needless and he doesn't give himself the usual politician "out"...if he had said he predicted brexit and arrived as it came true...you could debate the exactness of that.

Not lies !

Alternative facts...
    Sorry yes, but whose alternative facts about the facts...
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    edited January 2017

Scott_P said:
    His lies are all so weird as often needless and he doesn't give himself the usual politician "out"...if he had said he predicted brexit and arrived as it came true...you could debate the exactness of that.
    He's not a politician. Goebbels could have learned a trick or two from the Ochre One. Instead of the Big Lie, he's spraying a hojillion little lies, and the press scamper from one to t'other without (so far) laying a glove on him.

I've met folk like Trump holding forth in many a hotel bar, just never thought that archetype could ever become POTUS.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    His lies are all so weird as often needless and he doesn't give himself the usual politician "out"...if he had said he predicted brexit and arrived as it came true...he gets the message out just the same while being able to debate the exactness of that.
    Another thing - we are talking of Nato, torture, trade agreements, terrorism etc and Faisal Islam turns all childish yet again
  • Options
    Chris_AChris_A Posts: 1,237
    Roger said:

Chris_A said:

Roger said:

John_M said:

John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

If we were confident we wouldn't need a special relationship. Then again we wouldn't need Brexit either.

Speak for yourself. It is because we are confident we want to break free, have our own laws, contol our borders and strike trade deals with whoever we want, not some failing undemocratic bloc
    Goodness you must have suffered for the past 40 years. Poor you what a blessed relief for you now to see freedom in sight.
    I voted remain but welcome the opportunity to make our own laws - if it is good enough for the Scots it is good enough for us
    Think I have already done that in my 73 years having travelled round the world 10 times in the last 10 years, have a great family and four grandchildren, and am retired in a beautiful Welsh Victorian Seaside Town
    OMG. Not Llandudno?
    When I met Jenny, we seriously considered Llandudno, it's only three hours from London. There are worse commutes. We settled for staying in Monmouthshire because: Haberdashers, and it's a two hour journey. I'm very envious of you, it's a lovely area.
    It is quite fabulous.

As we drive over the Little Orme and see the wonderful arc of the bay with it's Victorian Hotels and then the Great Orme standing high we are just so grateful that we have lived and worked here for over 52 years
    I used to live in St Asaph and often kicked about all along that coast. Underrated part of the country in my view.
    I used to go to school in Penmaenmawr. I used to spend alternate Sundays on day release around the Great Orme. What happened to the Gogarth Hotel Big G?
    Yes that was it. A cream coloured gothic looking place. I used to have lunch either there or at the Imperial.
    You could mean the Gogarth Abbey Hotel, a vast pile on the West Shore There was a fire a few years ago and it looked a few weeks ago as if it's about to open ad z housing development.
  • Options
    DixieDixie Posts: 1,221
    Roger said:

Well done Laura K. I think she asked a question the majority of the country want answered. As for meeting the Queen....the demos will be HUGE!!

Does no one find talking about our 'SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP' rather cringeworthy

I was eating lunch last week when Laura K sat down to my right. I didn't particularly listen in to her conversation, but I overheard, it was nothing about the day job. My friend who I was with said later that because of social media, you can't say anything privately anymore. It's all on the record. I've also noticed this with my MP who only speaks in vagaries. Come to think of it...he always did!
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,988
    edited January 2017

Scott_P said:
    A woman always wants to know where Trump has his tiny hands....
    It does look as if she is leading him down the garden path.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited January 2017
    John_M said:

Scott_P said:
    He's not a politician. Goebbels could have learned a trick or two from the Ochre One. Instead of the Big Lie, he's spraying a hojillion little lies, and the press scamper from one to t'other without (so far) laying a glove on him.

I've met folk like Trump holding forth in many a hotel bar, just never thought that archetype could ever become POTUS.
    Reminds me of in peter Kay's phoenix's nights they have Kenny senior!

Eg he claims he once stayed in a tent next to Robert DeNiro in Pwllheli and beat him at Swingball.
  • Options
    I wonder what dirt Robbie savages agent have on the bbc manager who decides who gets used as a pundit? Because there is no way he is hired on merit!!!
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,970

I wonder what dirt Robbie savages agent have on the bbc manager who decides who gets used as a pundit? Because there is no way he is hired on merit!!!

His employment is hard to explain, as is Mark Lawrenson's much longer tenure.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

Remarkably, Savage wins Sony awards. I guess the view is that he has opinions.
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,970

I suppose at least Lawrenson - like Shearer - was quite a distinguished player. But gawd, the BBC could find more illuminating pundits.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

I find Lawrenson, when he drops the third Chuckle Brother act, is surprisingly good. Particularly on radio, which I think is a better medium for wordsmiths generally.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

He's a top drawer gobshite. That's why they hire him.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Chris_A said:

Roger said:

Chris_A said:

Roger said:

John_M said:

John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

I am retired in a beautiful Welsh Victorian Seaside Town
    OMG. Not Llandudno?
    It is quite fabulous.

You could mean the Gogarth Abbey Hotel, a vast pile on the West Shore There was a fire a few years ago and it looked a few weeks ago as if it's about to open ad z housing development.
    The Gogarth Abbey. That's the one! I went to the Great Orme a few years ago and couldn't find any trace of it. I couldn't even find it on google
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942
    Good to read some Gt. Orme chat on here this evening. My uncle lives on it and I spent many a summer playing cricket/football/golf on the rec. Entirely agree about the mine. Magical.
  • Options
    DixieDixie Posts: 1,221
    matt said:

I find Lawrenson, when he drops the third Chuckle Brother act, is surprisingly good. Particularly on radio, which I think is a better medium for wordsmiths generally.
    I agree. You've got to work hard on radio, you need to think clearly about your point, MOTD is awful narrative
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,803
    Looks like Theresa's played a blinder in USA?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Looks like Theresa's played a blinder in USA?

For certain values of "blinder", yes.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    OK, NOW I'm cringing. Damn, I thought I'd got away with it.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Grab her by the hand...

• Options
    matt said:

Where as savage in the radio, especially when he has to talk to members of the public is even Worse...his argument normally goes, I am right / you are wrong, because I was a pro and you werent.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    edited January 2017
    O/T just gpt home from a very pleasant lunch at Gauthier Soho. Not cheap but extremely enjoyable for a special occasion (we had the tasting menu @£65 per head). Happy to recommend.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    edited January 2017
    Emmanuel Macron with his heavily EU-flavoured platform may be in with a chance. No French leader would want their nose soiled with "US brown" as Theresa May's was today to her apparent delight. They'd find it undignified.

"Don't let's brown-nose Trump as Brexit Britain needs to! France belongs in the EU!" will get him some votes.

What is Le Pen's short answer to that one? "Neither Washington nor Berlin"? "Yes, but the real issue is the Arabs"?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Scott_P said:
    Perhaps Trump's unsteadiness is due to nuerological disease, caught from Hillary, who mysteriously has recovered...
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,847
    I see the Mail's desperate desire to return to the Reagan-Thatcher years continues undiminished.

The shameless eulogising of May and Trump epitomises the paper's one dimensional view. I suspect there'll be some sneering article blaming "the Left" for the weather being a bit chilly in London this week.

Thought I'd get my retaliation in first...
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

I suppose at least Lawrenson - like Shearer - was quite a distinguished player. But gawd, the BBC could find more illuminating pundits.
    Not as difficult to explain as Lineker who - whatever his talents as a footballer - was not a natural broadcaster when recruited by the BBC in the mid-1990s. Considerable sums had to be spent to train him up as a presenter to make him barely adequate.Since then he has been paid obscene money to do do a job for which others were much better qualified and who would have done it for a fraction of the cost. A good example of Licence Payers' money being abused.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    Tonight's discussion about Llandudno is a reminder to get a better understanding of my family history.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,709

Dromedary said:

Tip for editors: stop assuming leaders of foreign elites will appreciate it as a huge favour if they're allowed to meet the "queen" and get their photos taken with her in public.

From an editorial in the Independent:

"So far as a deal is concerned, Mr Trump wangled a public invitation for a state visit to the UK later this year, complete with the usual pomp, ceremony and photo opportunities with the Queen."

He "wangled" it. What a favour he is receiving. He doesn't deserve it, but we know how the little darling likes it. How we smiled as we let him have it. Just don't ask us a second time, mind! And we'll consider letting you ride a horse in Windsor Great Park if you're a good boy!

Who is laughing at whom? Who is patronising whom?

It's pretty obvious Trump likely the pomp and circumstance of meeting the Queen. Great for his ego.

Sure, other people might find it a drag. But it's a very cheap bargaining chip for May!
    TBF all U.S.presidents want to be seen in the company of just two foreign personages: Queen Elizabeth and the Pope, who are the only foreigners all Americans have heard of. They need to press the flesh of various U.S.semi celebrities but that's just patronage. The Queen and the Pope are pure prestige. The dictator of Uzbekistan doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    FF43 said:

Dromedary said:

Tip for editors: stop assuming leaders of foreign elites will appreciate it as a huge favour if they're allowed to meet the "queen" and get their photos taken with her in public.

From an editorial in the Independent:

"So far as a deal is concerned, Mr Trump wangled a public invitation for a state visit to the UK later this year, complete with the usual pomp, ceremony and photo opportunities with the Queen."

He "wangled" it. What a favour he is receiving. He doesn't deserve it, but we know how the little darling likes it. How we smiled as we let him have it. Just don't ask us a second time, mind! And we'll consider letting you ride a horse in Windsor Great Park if you're a good boy!

Who is laughing at whom? Who is patronising whom?

It's pretty obvious Trump likely the pomp and circumstance of meeting the Queen. Great for his ego.

Sure, other people might find it a drag. But it's a very cheap bargaining chip for May!
    TBF all U.S.presidents want to be seen in the company of just two foreign personages: Queen Elizabeth and the Pope, who are the only foreigners all Americans have heard of. They need to press the flesh of various U.S.semi celebrities but that's just patronage. The Queen and the Pope are pure prestige. The dictator of Uzbekistan doesn't cut it.
    He might do it as favour to the British elite. Meeting Vladimir Putin is far more important.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Theresa May is almost certain to regret that picture.
  • Options
    Charles said:

O/T just gpt home from a very pleasant lunch at Gauthier Soho. Not cheap but extremely enjoyable for a special occasion (we had the tasting menu @£65 per head). Happy to recommend.

Do you live pretty far away or was it a very long lunch :)
  • Options
    justin124 said:

Not as difficult to explain as Lineker who - whatever his talents as a footballer - was not a natural broadcaster when recruited by the BBC in the mid-1990s. Considerable sums had to be spent to train him up as a presenter to make him barely adequate.Since then he has been paid obscene money to do do a job for which others were much better qualified and who would have done it for a fraction of the cost. A good example of Licence Payers' money being abused.
    Without a doubt Lineker is a great host, the right combination of charm, humour and knowledge.

My opinion is completely unrelated to his blatent partisanship for Citeh!
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Charles said:

The wine list looks rather enjoyable. I could imagine a proper lunch takes a while there? Thanks for the recommendation - frustratingly I used to live about 0.25 miles away!
  • Options

Charles said:

North London is quite remote :wink:
  • Options

justin124 said:

Without a doubt Lineker is a great host, the right combination of charm, humour and knowledge.

His 'who do you think you are' was dull dull dull.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

justin124 said:

His 'who do you think you are' was dull dull dull.
    Semper Eadem! Always the same...

• Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    So an utterly cringeworthy episode stateside and an embarrassing moment for Britain, which is now having to suck up to a Grade A twat in the White House, having alienated its European allies, while its awkward PM fails to answer questions from British journalists. I imagine the sycophantic May boosters on here loved it. Meantime, the rest of the world flinches at the pathetic spectacle.
  • Options
    So, PM May now jets off to meet Erdogan. What a way to spend a weekend.
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    Just imagine how FURIOUS these Trump/May photos are making your dwindling circle of Guardian reading friends and allow yourself a chuckle.
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,435
    John_M said:

To continue to discuss hitting ISIS?
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Jobabob said:

So an utterly cringeworthy episode stateside and an embarrassing moment for Britain, which is now having to suck up to a Grade A twat in the White House, having alienated its European allies, while its awkward PM fails to answer questions from British journalists. I imagine the sycophantic May boosters on here loved it. Meantime, the rest of the world flinches at the pathetic spectacle.

The dogs bark, the caravan moves on. You are suffering from 619 syndrome, where the patient thinks that the statement "I, a pseudonymous internetter, think Donald Trump is a Grade A twat" has any useful explanatory or predictive value.
  • Options
    If every deranged impotent remoaner irrelevance is as fuming as Bobajob, tomorrow is going to a marvellous day.
  • Options

John_M said:

Honestly, I have no idea. While the western press is having a fit of the vapours over the Trump presidency, Erdogan is making the constitutional changes needed to make him an actual dictator. I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.
  • Options

John_M said:

I thought she had given up on Interventionism. Apparently not.

• Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,304

What should she have done?
  • Options

Just imagine how FURIOUS these Trump/May photos are making your dwindling circle of Guardian reading friends and allow yourself a chuckle.

Chortle.

This parliament has already seen off the Indy. Hopefully the Grauniad won't be long for this world.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Jobabob said:

The dogs bark, the caravan moves on. You are suffering from 619 syndrome, where the patient thinks that the statement "I, a pseudonymous internetter, think Donald Trump is a Grade A twat" has any useful explanatory or predictive value.
    And he now has a 59% approval rating in the US the same as Obama at the same time after his election
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,983
    Jobabob said:

Who cares what the rest of the world thinks, the UK needs a strong relationship with the most powerful nation in the world. I also doubt there will be few concerns in the likes of India, Australia, Israel, New Zealand etc
  • Options

https://twitter.com/CockertonMark/status/825102449300094977
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Chortle.

This parliament has already seen off the Indy. Hopefully the Grauniad won't be long for this world.
    The i still going though
  • Options

I didn't say she could avoid it, merely that she will regret it.

That picture will be used every time Donald Trump does something outrageous.
  • Options
    I do think the left and the remainer's are having a collective breakdown
  • Options

If every deranged impotent remoaner irrelevance is as fuming as Bobajob, tomorrow is going to a marvellous day.

Bobajobabobajob is a generally a contrary indicator to me:

The angrier he is, the less the common ground of this country give a damn. The more comfortable he is with something, the more likely the people of this country will be unhappy.
  • Options

"I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women!"
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039

A hostage to fortune. Quite literally.
  • Options
    Dromedary said:

Emmanuel Macron with his heavily EU-flavoured platform may be in with a chance. No French leader would want their nose soiled with "US brown" as Theresa May's was today to her apparent delight. They'd find it undignified.

"Don't let's brown-nose Trump as Brexit Britain needs to! France belongs in the EU!" will get him some votes.

What is Le Pen's short answer to that one? "Neither Washington nor Berlin"? "Yes, but the real issue is the Arabs"?

In Paris maybe, the average Frenchman or woman in declining industrial areas, rural France and the south is far more concerned with outsourcing, uncontrolled immigration and terrorism at the moment
  • Options

I do think the left and the remainer's are having a collective breakdown

Their worldview is being questioned for the first time in 25 years. It's hilarious.
  • Options

I see I was right about the May boosters on here! Guardian/virtue signalling/Indy/SJW etc fucking etc.
  • Options
    UK and the US BFFs again despite Obama's desperate attempts to fuck it all up. It's heartwarming.
  • Options

So you have no answer..

I miss the old foxinsoxuk who used to make intelligent and insightful contributions.

This new version is a partisan bore.
  • Options

Do Remainers Dream Of European Sheep?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,807
    Jobabob said:

Your tears are food for my soul.
  • Options
    Those who are enthralled by a self-confessed sexual predator with a tangential relationship with the truth and a hair trigger temper might not see the problem with that image. Others will.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    Mortimer said:

Chortle.

The Indy is still alive in digital form (and in cut-down 'i' form). Digital is the future of news reporting; weekly is the future of print (IMO, because it'll need to be quality and will therefore need to be not timely).

I shall now disprove this by writing a quality piece for tomorrow in 30 minutes. Maybe.
  • Options

A hostage to fortune. Quite literally.
    I was thinking "shackled to a corpse". But yours is better.
  • Options
    Mortimer

Those who are enthralled by a self-confessed sexual predator with a tangential relationship with the truth and a hair trigger temper might not see the problem with that image. Others will.

Virtue signalling SJW.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Mortimer said:

Chortle.

The Indy is still alive in digital form (and in cut-down 'i' form). Digital is the future of news reporting; weekly is the future of print (IMO, because it'll need to be quality and will therefore need to be not timely).

I shall now disprove this by writing a quality piece for tomorrow in 30 minutes. Maybe.
    Cheap newspapers get cheap news. The FT is still very good. One of the few to pick up that trump might win.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Jobabob said:

Your tears are food for my soul.
    I'm not crying.

I'm wincing.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    Jobabob said:

Spot on! Don't mind the loons on here!
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Chortle.

I now read the Metro and the Evening Standard on the tube in the week which are both free and only get the Telegraph and the Sunday Times at the weekend
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Mortimer

Virtue signalling SJW.
    Why's he writing about Bill Clinton? Hasnt he exited stage left?
  • Options
    murali_s said:

Jobabob said:

How was that Labour ground game, again?
  • Options
    murali_s said:

Jobabob said:

I only come here for the loons. Better class of frother on PB. Supping corking bourbon in honour of our American allies and watching the sycophantic hilarity unfold. Viva Friday. Viva PB!
  • Options

Short of never meeting him I'm not sure how it could be avoided.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

The angrier he is, the less the common ground of this country give a damn. The more comfortable he is with something, the more likely the people of this country will be unhappy.
    Lol. Build a fucking homeland for the majority outside the M25. We'll have the rest.
  • Options

Do you think that she will want to be pictorially hand in hand with Donald Trump forever?
  • Options

See below on 619 syndrome.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Or they might be quietly impressed at how she tamed the beast, and respect her for it.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,100
    Jobabob said:

I see I was right about the May boosters on here! Guardian/virtue signalling/Indy/SJW etc fucking etc.
    One meeting, and she's already taught him how to hold a woman properly.

Next step is to get him eating out of it, Theresa.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Mortimer said:

Lol. Build a fucking homeland for the majority outside the M25. We'll have the rest.
    No need. It's called Britain. We already live here. Remainistan dwellers seem to live in the clouds.
  • Options
    Dan Hannan vs James O'Brien.

This is only going to go one way.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Mind the 67 point gap:

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/12/01/new-entrant-ed-balls-moves-immediately-to-3rd-place-in-latest-yougov-favourability-ratings/
  • Options

Do you think that she will want to be pictorially hand in hand with Donald Trump forever?
    Of course she'd have preferred not to have this photo. But, again, how was it to be avoided other than never meeting him?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,914

Of course she'd have preferred not to have this photo. But, again, how was it to be avoided other than never meeting him?
    Trump reaches in and BAM the hand is held !

That photo won't appear with Putin tommorow, perhaps we do have a *special* relationship after all :>
  • Options

This started with me noting that she was almost certain to regret this picture. I'm glad we agree.

This is a very minor example of the malign consequences of Brexit. If Britain was not in such a strategically awful position, Theresa May would not have had to rush to touch the toxicity.
  • Options

Ishmael_Z said:

Mind the 67 point gap:

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/12/01/new-entrant-ed-balls-moves-immediately-to-3rd-place-in-latest-yougov-favourability-ratings/
    What in the name of God has that got to do with anything?
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

Ishmael_Z said:

Jobabob said:

And he now has a 59% approval rating in the US the same as Obama at the same time after his election
    Does he? Which pollster?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @seanjonesqc: Hannan: Brexit has a globalist and internationalist flavour. Uh-huh. #Newsnight

@pcsavage: In much the same way black pudding has a vegan flavour. twitter.com/seanjonesqc/st…
  • Options
    nunu said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Jobabob said:

Does he? Which pollster?
    Announced on US media
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Trump reaches in and BAM the hand is held !

That photo won't appear with Putin tommorow, perhaps we do have a *special* relationship after all :>
    To be honest, every time there's a new President we get a photo like this.

There was the alpha male of Bush with his backslap to Blair, and Clinton "guiding" Blair into the White House with his arm.

The only one I can think who escaped that was Maggie with Ronnie. And even then some people were upset with them laughing together in the golf buggy.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    nunu said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Jobabob said:

Does he? Which pollster?
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/25/president-trumps-approval-rating-rises-57-percent/
  • Options

This started with me noting that she was almost certain to regret this picture. I'm glad we agree.

This is a very minor example of the malign consequences of Brexit. If Britain was not in such a strategically awful position, Theresa May would not have had to rush to touch the toxicity.
    Strategically awful is the new way of saying 'the vote went against what I wanted'?
  • Options

So you agree that the front page is embarrassing?
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Strategically awful is the new way of saying 'the vote went against what I wanted'?
    No.

Do you think that Theresa May wants to snuggle up to Donald Trump? But because of Brexit, she doesn't have any option.
This discussion has been closed.