Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Those from elite schools continue to dominate the betting to s

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited February 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Those from elite schools continue to dominate the betting to succeed state-educated Theresa

It is perhaps worth remembering that for a 40 year period, until David Cameron was elected, the Tories made a point of choosing as leaders those who were from more humble backgrounds. So general election winners Heath, Thatcher, and Major all went to state schools – the latter not even going to university.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,957
    edited February 2018
    You call those elite? Pah
  • Oh and primus inter pares
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,957
    edited February 2018
    I can understand why William Rees-Mogg didn't want to put Jacob Rees-Mogg into a Somerset school, he might have gotten a Somerset accent, which is bad because they talk funny.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    edited February 2018

I can understand why William Rees-Mogg didn't want to put Jacob Rees-Mogg into a Somerset school, he might have gotten a Somerset accent, which is bad because they talk funny.

Oy - thotz moi fulk yer torkin bout.
  • Charles said:

Oi - that's my folk you're talking bout.
    There's a reason why the Yokels by The Two Ronnies had a West Country twang to them.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    edited February 2018

Charles said:

Oi - that's my folk you're talking bout.
    There's a reason why the Yokels by The Two Ronnies had a West Country twang to them.
    I translated it for you (it's now back in Summer Country dialect)
  • Corbyn, who is an Arsenal fan, also called on Tottenham Hotspur fans before Saturday’s north London derby to abandon a “Yid Army” chant which is still sung by some sections of supporters. The term Yid is often used as a derogatory term for Jewish people but some Spurs fans claim it is used to refer to supporters of the club.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,571
    Gove has at least some experience of a state school.
    And was at the relatively egalitarian LMH.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164

Corbyn, who is an Arsenal fan, also called on Tottenham Hotspur fans before Saturday’s north London derby to abandon a “Yid Army” chant which is still sung by some sections of supporters. The term Yid is often used as a derogatory term for Jewish people but some Spurs fans claim it is used to refer to supporters of the club.

We can't use the y word, we'll just call them c****.
  • Corbyn, who is an Arsenal fan, also called on Tottenham Hotspur fans before Saturday’s north London derby to abandon a “Yid Army” chant which is still sung by some sections of supporters. The term Yid is often used as a derogatory term for Jewish people but some Spurs fans claim it is used to refer to supporters of the club.

Arsenal have the worst fans in the world.

Jeremy Corbyn, Osama Bin Laden, and worst of all, Piers Morgan.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    Plus Corbyn went to a grammar school so May, who went to a grammar turned comprehensive in her time there, is still the only PM we are likely to have had from a comprehensive for some time yet
  • HYUFD said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Given that is more than Leadsom got in 2016 when she got to the final 2 by winning 84 MPs in the 2nd round (albeit dropping out) if Mogg stood and got almost 90 MPs voting for him he would go to the membership vote
    Not necessarily. You need one-third of the votes to be assured of a second-round place. In 2001, Portillo missed out on the members' vote despite receiving the backing of 32% of MPs - the equivalent of 101 with today's larger parliamentary party.
    Except JRM is the IDS candidate not the Portillo candidate and there is bound to be at least one right wing Leaver in the final 2. Portillo got knocked out as he was squeezed in the end between the right wing IDS and the One Nation Clarke.

Plus remember 90 first round votes for Mogg could easily go above 101 in the 2nd round once other right-wing candidates e.g. Fox, Leadsom, maybe even Boris get knocked out
    IDS's leadership was the best thing that every happened to the Conservative Party
    It was better than Hague's is about the best you could say of it but at least you could listen to Hague's speeches and be fired up without cringing as was the case with IDS
    If someone other than IDS had won, they would have fought and lost the 2005 election.

And Cameron would never have had the chance to become leader afterwards - he would have been too junior. It would probably have been David Davis...
    Cameron only got a Shadow Cabinet position after the 2005 general election, not impossible Portillo could have got a similar result as Howard, resigned and also appointed younger faces to succeed him. Clarke may have got a hung parliament though and stayed on
    Did someone say "What if Ken Clarke had won the 2001 Tory leadership contest?"?

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/but-for-a-vote-ken-clarke-wins-the-2001-tory-leadership-contest.361152/
  • tlg86 said:

Corbyn, who is an Arsenal fan, also called on Tottenham Hotspur fans before Saturday’s north London derby to abandon a “Yid Army” chant which is still sung by some sections of supporters. The term Yid is often used as a derogatory term for Jewish people but some Spurs fans claim it is used to refer to supporters of the club.

We can't use the y word, we'll just call them c****.
    I'm so cheering for Arsenal on Saturday.

Still bitter about Spurs and the cheating/diving team.

I hope Dele Alli, Harry Kane, and Erik Lamela all get injured when they next dive.

There are hookers that don't go down as easy or as often as those Spurs players.
  • TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    pb.com focussing on identity not ideas again.

• FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited February 2018
    Speechless.....

Study found up to 100 Germans die a year through risky masturbation practices
    One died after tying to melt cheese on his body while sitting next to a heater
    Another man was found dead with Christmas tree lights clamped to his nipples

Edit - One man - wearing pantyhose, a raincoat and a diving suit as well as a plastic bag over his head - died in Hamburg after sitting next to a heater and trying to melt slices of cheese on his body.
  • Anyhoo, it isn't about where you came from, it is all about where you are going.

From that list only Jeremy Hunt can lead the Tories to a general election victory in 2022.
    Nigelb said:

Gove went to a private secondary school on a scholarship
  • Speechless.....

You wouldn't be speechless if you worked in A&E.

The horror stories my friend could tell you.
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,393
    My schools were so elite that they have all now been demolished.

However my old secondary school (in its former guise as a grammar) did briefly feature in a book I read recently.
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,001
    edited February 2018
    JRM on steps of No 10 - re Brexit it is a fantastic opportunity for Japanese car manufacturers and said why would you buy a Peugeot that probably wouldn't work.

He is box office
  • FPT:
    brendan16 said:

In the end it's an independent governing state and its own parliamentarians have made this choice. Its not Britain - Brits have zero right to live and work there as of right. And it's more progressive on gay laws than many narions of which the Queen is head of state.

Bermuda is not independent. It's a British Overseas Territory. The British government's most recent statement on the relationship included the following:

"The UK Government has a responsibility for the overall good government of the Territories and takes a close interest in how Territory Governments discharge the functions devolved to them."

It also included the following statement:

"The UK and the Territories share a common agenda to promote respect for human rights and tackle discrimination. The UK Government expects the Territories to abide by the same basic standards of human rights as the UK. Over the last decade, as new Territory Constitutions have been agreed, these have included new or strengthened human rights chapters that reflect these standards, in particular the European Convention on Human
    Rights (ECHR) and the United Nations International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR)."

British MPs have a particular responsibility to raise concerns about the way in which Bermuda is run. Comparing it with other nations is a complete red herring.

• Good afternoon, everyone.

Mr. Eagles, that reminds me of the Batman story I heard at university.

On-topic: I disagree. As Derek Jacobi's character almost said in Gladiator, one might not be a man of the people, but one can be a man for the people.
  • JRM re Brexit is a fantastic opportunity for Japanese car manufacturers and suggested why would you buy a Peugeot that probably wouldn't work.

He is box office

Bar a brief fling with an Italian, for the last 18 years all my cars have been German cars.

I want my German cars post Brexit.
  • JRM re Brexit is a fantastic opportunity for Japanese car manufacturers and suggested why would you buy a Peugeot that probably wouldn't work.

He is box office

Bar a brief fling with an Italian, for the last 18 years all my cars have been German cars.

So do I and I will
    edited February 2018
    HYUFD said:

Nigelb said:

Yes, but state primary, hence the 'at least some experience'.
  • stevefstevef Posts: 1,044
    I think we should remember that Major and Heath were general election losers too. Heath lost 3 out of 4 general elections, Major led the Tories to its biggest defeat since we became a democracy. We should also remember that Blair and Attlee had a privileged education.

We should also remember that the betting markets usually get things notoriously wrong. They might have Mogg as favourite to succeed May but almost certainly he will not.

Leavers tend to accuse Remain as being the cause of the political Establishment rather than the social elite. There is a difference.

I think posters on here -and the media- tend to see everything through the prism of Brexit -which is a posh way of saying they are obsessed with Brexit.

I dont think thats the way most ordinary people -from comprehensive schools -see it.

• PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    78,000 miles on my Peugeot, will go for 200. Electric cars will hopefully have come round to a decent second hand market by then.

Speechless.....

I see what you mean...
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/08/nhs-hospitals-england-worst-a-and-e-performance
  • HYUFD said:

Nigelb said:

From a state school.

Robert Gordon's would probably qualify as edgy inner city comp by JRM's standards.

JRM on steps of No 10 - re Brexit it is a fantastic opportunity for Japanese car manufacturers and said why would you buy a Peugeot that probably wouldn't work.

He is box office...

... comedy box office.
  • On balance, it's a good thing that Boris Johnson didn't go to Cheltenham Ladies College.
  • Nigelb said:

Speechless.....

I see what you mean...
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/08/nhs-hospitals-england-worst-a-and-e-performance
    Alas not that.

She once had to remove a bulb (that had had smashed) from a guy's bum.

He had been using it as a butt plug/prostate massager.

And that's one of her least traumatising stories.

He is box office

Yeah, these Fiat Cinquecentos are an acquired taste.
  • Nigelb said:

Speechless.....

I see what you mean...
    Alas not that.

That's more information than we need as we digest our luncheons.

JRM re Brexit is a fantastic opportunity for Japanese car manufacturers and suggested why would you buy a Peugeot that probably wouldn't work.

He is box office

When cars go autonomous why bother owning or being fussy about the make/model ?

Car ownership will be very niche.
    Dominic Raab went to a grammar school before going to Oxford.

Raab is a very impressive performer on TV. He is the son of immigrants, very articulate.

In a couple of years after a few promotions, he might well be higher up on that list. It is to people like him that the Tories need to turn rather than toffs like Mogg, and Trump lookalike buffoons like Johnson.
  • I prefered the party when it was mostly Old Estonian and not Old Etonian*.

*Dave excepted, he was awesome.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080

Good afternoon, everyone.

Mr. Eagles, that reminds me of the Batman story I heard at university.

On-topic: I disagree. As Derek Jacobi's character almost said in Gladiator, one might not be a man of the people, but one can be a man for the people.

One can also be a tit.
    edited February 2018
    stevef said:

I think we should remember that Major and Heath were general election losers too. Heath lost 3 out of 4 general elections, Major led the Tories to its biggest defeat since we became a democracy. We should also remember that Blair and Attlee had a privileged education.

We should also remember that the betting markets usually get things notoriously wrong. They might have Mogg as favourite to succeed May but almost certainly he will not.

Leavers tend to accuse Remain as being the cause of the political Establishment rather than the social elite. There is a difference.

I think posters on here -and the media- tend to see everything through the prism of Brexit -which is a posh way of saying they are obsessed with Brexit.

I dont think thats the way most ordinary people -from comprehensive schools -see it.

Heath also won the 1970 election against the odds and Major an almost unique 4th term for his party in government

It is of course Tory MPs and members who would elect Mogg first before the voters across the country got a chance
  • Nigelb said:

Speechless.....

I see what you mean...
    Alas not that.

I have gone right off my Hawaiian pizza now....
  • TGOHF said:

JRM re Brexit is a fantastic opportunity for Japanese car manufacturers and suggested why would you buy a Peugeot that probably wouldn't work.

He is box office

Try living in Dore without a car, car ownership will never be niche here.
  • Morris Dancer has no car, unlike you elite capitalist pigdogs.

Mr. Flashman (deceased), I think car autonomy may be overblown. For transporting people, internal controls and overrides will always be necessary, which rather diminishes the advantage of autonomy in the first place.
  • Nigelb said:

Speechless.....

I see what you mean...
    Alas not that.

That's more information than we need as we digest our luncheons.
    Slacker, lunch is served and eaten between 12pm and 2pm.
  • Nigelb said:

Speechless.....

I see what you mean...
    Alas not that.

Incandescent, fluorescent or LED?
  • TGOHF said:

He is box office

I can easily foresee a Netflix style pay monthly for access to a car on demand type service when they can drive themselves. However the general purpose driving themselves bit is many many years away.
  • Pulpstar said:

78,000 miles on my Peugeot, will go for 200. Electric cars will hopefully have come round to a decent second hand market by then.

Likewise re electrics. I did have a Peugeot but only as an emergency buy after my previous Mazda needed too much work doing, and it only lasted 10 months - though that was enough in the circumstances.
  • Nigelb said:

Speechless.....

I see what you mean...
    Alas not that.

Incandescent, fluorescent or LED?
    All I know she was incandescent with rage at what life had given her that night.
    HYUFD said:

stevef said:

Heath also won the 1970 election against the odds and Major an almost unique 4th term.

It is of course Tory MPs and members who would elect Mogg first before the voters across the country got a chance
    But Tory MPs would never vote for Mogg.

• david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,401
    edited February 2018
    TGOHF said:

He is box office

Same reason that people "bother owning or being fussy about the make/model" now? A car, for many, is more than just a means of transport; it is an expression of the personality they like to project (which may be distinct from the personality others perceive).
    I remember back in 1992, after Labour's fourth successive defeat, seeing Tony Blair on TV and saying: "thats the man who could win a general election for Labour"

I recently saw Dominic Raab on TV a few times and thought: "thats the man who could win a general election for the Tories"

Just sayin'.
    stevef said:

HYUFD said:

stevef said:

Heath also won the 1970 election against the odds and Major an almost unique 4th term.

It only needs a third of them to and he is through to the membership stage

Morris Dancer has no car, unlike you elite capitalist pigdogs.

Mr. Flashman (deceased), I think car autonomy may be overblown. For transporting people, internal controls and overrides will always be necessary, which rather diminishes the advantage of autonomy in the first place.

Imagine the injection of disposable income into the economy when cars are rented by the hour rather than owned.

Will be as transformational as the internet has been.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    stevef said:

I remember back in 1992, after Labour's fourth successive defeat, seeing Tony Blair on TV and saying: "thats the man who could win a general election for Labour"

I recently saw Dominic Raab on TV a few times and thought: "thats the man who could win a general election for the Tories"

Just sayin'.

Premonitions strike twice?

TGOHF said:

He is box office

Same reason that people "bother owning or being fussy about the make/model" now? A car, for many, is more than just a means of transport; it is an expression of the personality they like to project (which may be distinct from the personality others perceive).

TGOHF said:

He is box office

Do people insist on a German taxi/uber ? No.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,787
    stevef said:

Just sayin'.

Dominic Raab was also one of the first to support the idea of a second referendum.
  • Mr. Flashman (deceased), possibly. I think there'll be an impact, but not as much as others seem to think.
  • TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

He is box office

TGOHF said:

He is box office

When I used to use Uber I always requested an Uber LX.

Usually got me a German car.
  • TGOHF said:

Morris Dancer has no car, unlike you elite capitalist pigdogs.

Imagine the injection of disposable income into the economy when cars are rented by the hour rather than owned.

Will be as transformational as the internet has been.
    You can already rent cars by the hour in London.
  • HYUFD said:

stevef said:

HYUFD said:

stevef said:

Arithmetically it could happen on less than a third, for example 80% X, 11% JRM, 9% Y on the last MP round. However, that's not looking at all likely, and if it did look likely there would probably be some X votes that were lent to Y.

As Alastair points out upthread though, the obstacle is that he'd have to get past Boris and Gove first, and possibly others. That's even assuming that Brexit is the defining issue for MPs; inasmuch as that is true now, it will be less true if the contest is not held until 2019.
  • stevef said:

Just sayin'.

Lidington looked very promising at PMQs this week: better than May or even Cameron, but it is only one week and he has not yet run anything.
  • HYUFD said:

stevef said:

HYUFD said:

stevef said:

How many to stand in the contest ?

TGOHF said:

He is box office

I can easily foresee a Netflix style pay monthly for access to a car on demand type service when they can drive themselves. However the general purpose driving themselves bit is many many years away.
    Within a decade, I think.
  • HYUFD said:

stevef said:

HYUFD said:

stevef said:

Arithmetically it could happen on less than a third, for example 80% X, 11% JRM, 9% Y on the last MP round. However, that's not looking at all likely, and if it did look likely there would probably be some X votes that were lent to Y.

As Alastair points out upthread though, the obstacle is that he'd have to get past Boris and Gove first, and possibly others. That's even assuming that Brexit is the defining issue for MPs; inasmuch as that is true now, it will be less true if the contest is not held until 2019.
    Realistically, any candidate who wants to stand a chance of winning does need at least a quarter of MPs' support in the final round, and probably more than that. With only 25%, that means that someone else has at least double your support, which is probably an unassailable lead. In the example above, candidate X wins at a canter.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,765

Nigelb said:

Speechless.....

I see what you mean...
    Alas not that.

The Gestapo used to do that as a form of torture.

A friend of mine who was working as a manager on a construction project in India once signed off a doctor's invoice, for one of his employees, stating "To professional costs for removing plastic bottle from anal cavity."
  • Bank of England increases growth from 1.6 to 1.8 and expects interest rate rises, pound rises

But we are all going to oblivion according to some remainers
  • TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

He is box office

That's still assuming that an 'autonomous car' equals 'a hired car'. I don't see the logic there. most people don't own a car so that they can drive; they own a car so that they have control over their travel space as well as where they're going.
  • SandraMcSandraMc Posts: 582
    Sean_F said:

Nigelb said:

Speechless.....

I see what you mean...
    Alas not that.

A friend of mine who was working as a manager on a construction project in India once signed off a doctor's invoice, for one of his employees, stating "To professional costs for removing plastic bottle from anal cavity."
    I heard similar from an Italian proctologist. She once had to remove a marrow from a rectum. I thought I had made a translation mistake and she meant courgette - but no, it was a marrow.
  • Bank of England increases growth from 1.6 to 1.8 and expects interest rate rises, pound rises

You forgot to mention how ell the FTSE was doing.

We were supposed to be going there, but the Prime Minister lost the map.
  • ElliotElliot Posts: 1,516
    I strongly agree with what someone said downthread about Dominic Raab. He combines the sense of being both professional and down to Earth. Like Blair.
  • Nigelb said:

TGOHF said:

He is box office

Within a decade, I think.
    Not worth buying a new ordinary car, then.

FTSE is OK
    Elliot said:

I strongly agree with what someone said downthread about Dominic Raab. He combines the sense of being both professional and down to Earth. Like Blair.

They've both got the smarm-factor, but I don't think Raab has anywhere near the same political talent.

Bank of England increases growth from 1.6 to 1.8 and expects interest rate rises, pound rises

Might need something stronger than this coffee seeing as I'm buying a house and work for an exporter on that news :D

FTSE is OK
    Down about 500 points in 10 days.

FTSE is OK
    And the US

FTSE is OK
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/markets/europe/lse_ukx

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

He is box office

That's still assuming that an 'autonomous car' equals 'a hired car'. I don't see the logic there. most people don't own a car so that they can drive; they own a car so that they have control over their travel space as well as where they're going.
    In heavily populated areas no point in a car sitting on your drive or place of work if you can rustle one up with an app.

Worst thing about taxis and Ubers are the drivers - once they have gone, use will rocket.

Kids wont bother learning to drive either.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    edited February 2018
    I think I've just had the weirdest ad I've ever had before a youtube video (on a comedic review of a video game) - it was a 2 minute video narrated by someone with a child's voice explaining how the Turks are being betrayed by the USA by their support for the Kurds, and thus why they are right to be taking action right now.

Why produce such a video and who is it for?! Apparently the algorithms think it is for me, obviously, but it felt so strange that anyone would try such a method like youtube pre roll ads to sway opinion.
    kle4 said:

I think I've just had the weirdest ad I've ever had before a youtube video (on a comedic review of a video game) - it was a 2 minute video narrated by someone with a child's voice explaining how the Turks are being betrayed by the USA by their support for the Kurds, and thus why they are right to be taking action right now.

Why produce such a video and who is it for?! Apparently the algorithms think it is for me, obviously, but it felt so strange that anyone would try such a method like youtube pre roll ads to sway opinion.

Quite worrying developments are happening:
    https://twitter.com/abdbozkurt/status/961539922132963328
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    As I said on the last thread, Soros is an arsehole, his Jewish heritage has nothing to do with it.
  • Mr. kle4, ha, not seen that. Occasionally you do get really weird ads, though.

Youtube algorithms for the Adpocalypse appear to be rubbish, so can't be surprising the advert algorithms are poor as well.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,583
    SandraMc said:

Sean_F said:

Nigelb said:

Speechless.....

I see what you mean...
    Alas not that.

I heard similar from an Italian proctologist. She once had to remove a marrow from a rectum. I thought I had made a translation mistake and she meant courgette - but no, it was a marrow.
    Remove a marrow from a rectum? That must have been a pain in the arse!

Sorry of someone beat me to it!

Time to chuck Turkey out of NATO.
  • Mr. Max, intriguing that the response to Timothy criticising Soros has far exceeded (or seemed to) that of Corbyn welcoming back in Holocaust deniers to Labour.
  • SandraMc said:

Sean_F said:

Nigelb said:

Speechless.....

I see what you mean...
    Alas not that.

Remove a marrow from a rectum? That must have been a pain in the arse!

Sorry of someone beat me to it!
    Sounds like quite a squash.

kle4 said:

I don't doubt it - but I would suspect I am rare in watching this particular youtube ad, as even more thanmost it looks like a 'skip ad' one.
  • kle4 said:

I remember when I bought my parents an iPad, they were using my login, so I kept on seeing some strange ads/suggested videos.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    MaxPB said:

As I said on the last thread, Soros is an arsehole, his Jewish heritage has nothing to do with it.
    Apart from his sterling bet I don't really know all that much about him.

Why is he an arsehole?
  • Mr. kle4, also, could be indicative of Turkey spending cash on propaganda ahead of further military action/seizing territory. Be interesting to see if that's the case.
    This may have come up, but it is true there is nothing more elite than going to Eton? It is definitely up there, but there has to be something so entitled and decadent that it eclipses even attending Eton College.
  • welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

Bank of England increases growth from 1.6 to 1.8 and expects interest rate rises, pound rises

FTSE is OK
    The big (and good news) is that at long last Gilt yields have started to rise. 20 year gilt yield up about 16% since the end of 2017. More please. The long road back to some kind of sanity might just have begun over the past few weeks. Even Carney is talking about interest rate rises.

This will all be a hugely good thing for pension deficits and might free up more money for spending and investment if we all don't have to keep "extra" saving to compensate for rates on the floor.

I live in hope.

Mr. Max, intriguing that the response to Timothy criticising Soros has far exceeded (or seemed to) that of Corbyn welcoming back in Holocaust deniers to Labour.

I haven't been paying much attention, but Soros is and has always been a threat to democracy and any centre right or right wing political movement. He uses his money fund anti-democratic organisations and open borders. I don't blame the Hungarians for disowning him, he is altogether evil and needs to be locked out of funding any political organisations in this country.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,958

kle4 said:

NOW they won't be joining the EU any time soon......

On balance, it's a good thing that Boris Johnson didn't go to Cheltenham Ladies College.

Is BoJo the 13th Duke of Wybourne?
    TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:

Why is he an arsehole?
    His funding of anti-democratic organisations and his continual support for open borders in countries where he doesn't live or have tax residency.

kle4 said:

Will they reach Vienna this time?
  • welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:

Why is he an arsehole?
    His funding of anti-democratic organisations and his continual support for open borders in countries where he doesn't live or have tax residency.
    Labour party member and solid Remainer this morning, in the office, came out with "blimey if he's involved, maybe the other lot aren't so bad after all".
This discussion has been closed.