Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Amber Rudd now clear third favourite in the CON leader bettig

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited February 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Amber Rudd now clear third favourite in the CON leader bettig

However you look at the next Conservative leadership betting there’s one thing that is probably not going to happen – that the two men heading the betting at the moment, old Etonians Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg, are not going to be fighting each other in the membership ballot which, of course, is of the two who top the secret ballot of party MPs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    First :)
  • RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    Perhaps UKIP should just have guest leaders every week like they do on Have I Got News For You.
  • Not sure she'd be a good choice. But then, most of the frontrunners aren't great.
  • Perhaps UKIP should just have guest leaders every week like they do on Have I Got News For You.

Whose turn is it now?
  • RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679

Perhaps UKIP should just have guest leaders every week like they do on Have I Got News For You.

Whose turn is it now?
    Sadly I don't think he'd do it, but Lily Savage would be a great follow up and keep the comedy value going.
  • I see Labour are having a good day too...

https://twitter.com/JWoodcockMP/status/964868329705009152
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392
    Ruddmainers

What a mess British politics is in. Didn't a comedian write a book a few years ago called 'who the fuck do I vote for now?' or something similar?
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766
    Fewer than one in twelve Conservatives support Rudd for next leader, would be a more appropriate headline.

What a mess British politics is in. Didn't a comedian write a book a few years ago called 'who the fuck do I vote for now?' or something similar?
    John Harris I think, but it was more a craving for what we'd now term Corbynism after the war-mongering centrism of the Blair years.
  • Ruddmainers

Ambermainers.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,695
    UKIP - Oh dear!
  • JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    edited February 2018
    I'm tend to the view, with the loss of another UKIP leader and mindful of the thread subject, that all party leaders should be drawn from the ranks of the Scottish aristocracy.

Such would be the unconfined joy of the masses that peace and goodwill would universally prevail and Burnley FC would win the Champions League in a trice and Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott would once again find love on a motor-cycle and sidecar down the highways and byways of East Germany.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,957

Ruddmainers

Ambermainers.
    Think they are likely to be facing a Ruddy Duck.....with the same result as the waterfowl. The UK population of Ruddy Ducks was quite literally, blown out the water.....

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/mar/08/ruddy-ducks-extermination
    That's the fruitcake - tick and loony - tick. Now to find the closet racist.....
  • That's the fruitcake - tick and loony - tick. Now to find the closet racist.....
    Hasn't she already left the closet?
  • Surely it's more likely to be the Russians..... or Douglas Carswell.
  • TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Rudd is wetter than a haddock's bathing costume.

And her majority is too small.

No chance.

That's the fruitcake - tick and loony - tick. Now to find the closet racist.....
    Hasn't she already left the closet?
    I don't think the racist counts. Has to be at least partially not-in-broad-daylight in their views to get a tick...
  • Astonishing to think that this lot brought down a prime minister, ripped asunder decades of British economic and foreign policy and had the Tories cowering in their shadow. How?
  • EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    She replied to her own tweet with this, which makes things clear as mud.

https://twitter.com/Jo_Marney/status/964909322982608897

Maybe the initial tweet was a joke at the idea that she was some kind of Remainer plant?
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786

Astonishing to think that this lot brought down a prime minister, ripped asunder decades of British economic and foreign policy and had the Tories cowering in their shadow. How?
    They got infiltrated by some Tories. It's the first example of reverse entryism.
    Essexit said:

Maybe the initial tweet was a joke at the idea that she was some kind of Remainer plant?
    Where is she suggesting he sticks his thumb?
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,979
    rcs1000 said:

Fewer than one in twelve Conservatives support Rudd for next leader, would be a more appropriate headline.

Fewer than one in five Conservatives support ANYONE for leader. That figures.
  • Astonishing to think that this lot brought down a prime minister, ripped asunder decades of British economic and foreign policy and had the Tories cowering in their shadow. How?
    This bloke doesn't even know that MI6 work overseas. MI5 is the home operation.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,695

Astonishing to think that this lot brought down a prime minister, ripped asunder decades of British economic and foreign policy and had the Tories cowering in their shadow. How?
    Nigel. Farage.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,732
    Barnesian said:

rcs1000 said:

If I were feeling malicious I would point out that that's still higher than the proportion of the PLP who supported Corbyn last time they were asked...

Essexit said:

Where is she suggesting he sticks his thumb?
    Into a flag by the looks of it.
    ydoethur said:

Barnesian said:

rcs1000 said:

If I were feeling malicious I would point out that that's still higher than the proportion of the PLP who supported Corbyn last time they were asked...
    About the same.
  • TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

They got infiltrated by some Tories. It's the first example of reverse entryism.
    Brexit Conservatives took action and achieved.

Now they can return.

Labour moderates should take note - or are they too spineless ?
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Barnesian said:

rcs1000 said:

Replied FPT on FSM but can’t shift answers on my phone
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    edited February 2018
    Pedantry fascist, I know, but maybe leads should be checked by other eyes before publication - there's a "not" too many in para 1, a "more popular" or similar missing in para 2, a "peobably", and sentence 1 of para 2 is a bit askew too. I write too quickly all the time so I recognise the problem...
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,052
    TGOHF said:

Rudd is wetter than a haddock's bathing costume.

And her majority is too small.

No chance.

If the Tories gain seats, she is safely returned with a bigger majority. If she loses her seat, Jezza is PM. Either way her fate matches the wider party. A small majority concentrates the mind!
    This bloke doesn't even know that MI6 work overseas. MI5 is the home operation.
    MI7 is simply the best! Ask Sir Johnny English!

Pedantry fascist, I know, but maybe leads should be checked by other eyes before publication - there's a "not" too many in para 1, a "more popular" or similar missing in para 2, a "peobably", and sentence 1 of para 2 is a bit askew too. I write too quickly all the time so I recognise the problem...

There's a mistake in the title too unless this is now www.politicalbettig.com
  • Essexit said:

Burnley Belter Creole...
    Charles said:

Barnesian said:

Charles said:

Barnesian said:

Charles said:

Barnesian said:

Charles said:

Barnesian said:

FF43 said:

FF43 said:

The LibDems main aim must be to simply stay in the game, until fortunes turn again.
    How about state pensions for well off people? Or pension tax credits for wealthy people.
    Pension contributions are capped. State pensions are s return on NICs
    Aren't entitlement to free school meals capped?
    Don't the parents of "well -off" children who get free school meals pay tax?
    https://www.libdems.org.uk/free_school_meals_for_all_infants

Lib Dem policy gave free school meals to all infants.

We are arguing a narrow point but quite important: not that the policy is beneficial but whether all infants should get it free.

In my view tax funding is limited and should be applied as effectively as possible. Clegg’s argument “relieving pressure on budgets” implies that he knows how to spend family money better than they do which is an ideological approach to government not a pragmatic one in my view
    Charles said:

Barnesian said:

rcs1000 said:

I've picked up the previous thread - I hope.

You say "In my view tax funding is limited and should be applied as effectively as possible. Clegg’s argument “relieving pressure on budgets” implies that he knows how to spend family money better than they do which is an ideological approach to government not a pragmatic one in my view"

What is "family money"? The tax payer is not necessarily the same as the tax receiver. If tax funding is limited how do you justify state pensions for the wealthy? I think the answer is a pragmatic one - just as it is for free school meals.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,732

I once received a communique from the DFE at a conference I was attending. It was riddled with errors and I spent so long correcting them I actually forgot to read the content.

I then proceeded to very publicly criticise the person who wrote it, characterising them as lazy and disinterested.

I learned a valuable lesson from the conference chair's reply: 'I wrote this myself, actually.'

(Mind you, what I said was still true.)
  • History/videogames: I know some other PBers are into games, so thought I'd post this. It's a blog about the realism of Kingdom Come Deliverance, and whether it's immersive or annoying: http://thaddeusthesixth.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/kingdom-come-deliverance-early-thoughts.html
  • It’s always easier spotting mistakes in other people’s writing. Until a piece is published, at least. Then you can spot your own mistakes instantly.
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Essexit said:

:smile:
  • Odd to watch so many Tories capering with glee at UKIP’s misfortunes, even as they implement UKIP’s 2015 manifesto.
  • Mr. Meeks, indeed. When proofreading stuff, even if I've redrafted it a dozen times, I still find grammatical and spelling mistakes.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    So Bolton goes and yet another UKIP leadership election, unless the Tories reverse course on Brexit or decide to keep the UK in the single market and free movement I think the party is slowly dying a death
    Rudd is probably the likeliest candidate of the Tory Remain faction to get to the final two against Boris or JRM
    edited February 2018
    Barnesian said:

Charles said:

Barnesian said:

Charles said:

Barnesian said:

Charles said:

Barnesian said:

Charles said:

Barnesian said:

FF43 said:

FF43 said:

The LibDems main aim must be to simply stay in the game, until fortunes turn again.
    How about state pensions for well off people? Or pension tax credits for wealthy people.
    Pension contributions are capped. State pensions are s return on NICs
    Aren't entitlement to free school meals capped?
    Don't the parents of "well -off" children who get free school meals pay tax?
    https://www.libdems.org.uk/free_school_meals_for_all_infants

Lib Dem policy gave free school meals to all infants.

We are arguing a narrow point but quite important: not that the policy is beneficial but whether all infants should get it free.

In my view tax funding is limited and should be applied as effectively as possible. Clegg’s argument “relieving pressure on budgets” implies that he knows how to spend family money better than they do which is an ideological approach to government not a pragmatic one in my view
    Charles said:

Barnesian said:

rcs1000 said:

I've picked up the previous thread - I hope.

You say "In my view tax funding is limited and should be applied as effectively as possible. Clegg’s argument “relieving pressure on budgets” implies that he knows how to spend family money better than they do which is an ideological approach to government not a pragmatic one in my view"

What is "family money"? The tax payer is not necessarily the same as the tax receiver. If tax funding is limited how do you justify state pensions for the wealthy? I think the answer is a pragmatic one - just as it is for free school meals.
    There are other advantages to school meals for all at Primary School: Social inclusion of all pupils, and creating a common dining culture of eating collectively at a table. This is increasingly rare in many households. A second good reason is to establish good dietary habits in terms of variety and nutrition. Both are worthwhile bits of social engineering standard at most private schools.
  • Typos? What typos?

Auto-correct and text to speech on mobile phones/iPads are a nightmare when righting (sic) PB threads.

Odd to watch so many Tories capering with glee at UKIP’s misfortunes, even as they implement UKIP’s 2015 manifesto.

Unfortunately that isn't the UKIP manifesto that called for taxi drivers to wear uniforms.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517

Mr. Meeks, indeed. When proofreading stuff, even if I've redrafted it a dozen times, I still find grammatical and spelling mistakes.

Some people rely on it. Many moons ago, Marcomedia (who they?) were one of the top ten visited websites in the world. We had a meeting with some of their bods, to show them our implementation of their tech.

My boss typed in 'macromedi.com' instead of macromedia. And guess what came up?

Yep, pron. Someone had domain-sat on a mis-spelling of the company name, knowing a small fraction of the people who made the mistake still meant visitors.

The Macromedia bods were rather shocked, and apparently unaware of it.
    HYUFD said:

So Bolton goes and yet another UKIP leadership election, unless the Tories reverse course on Brexit or decide to keep the UK in the single market and free movement I think the party is slowly dying a death

Nothing slow about it!

Reasonably entertaining too.
  • Mr. Jessop, not quite the same thing, but I do like the idea of renaming myself George RR Tolkien, and calling my next book Lord of the Thrones.
  • TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    FPT

I think what may help the Lib Dems next time is Labour voters in say Richmond being more happy to switch. This election even in Richmond I would have voted Labour as they were given a lot of criticism for going a direction I wanted so it felt really important to show my support with a vote regardless of the effect on the seat. Next election I would imagine Labour voters like me being more relaxed about switching to Lib Dem in the few places it would make a difference.

I remember one guy for example arguing with me that Labour had got less votes than members in the Richmond by election, this kind of thing and other criticism's probably drove people to vote Labour even where a Lib Dem vote would have been better in Anti-Tory terms.

• Odd to watch so many Tories capering with glee at UKIP’s misfortunes, even as they implement UKIP’s 2015 manifesto.

Might be worth republishing this thread of yours with an update?

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2017/08/08/the-ukip-leadership-race-alastair-meeks-marks-your-card/
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited February 2018
    From bbc news....

A row has broken out at Labour's National Policy Forum (NPF) gathering after a vote to elect a new chair was cancelled.

The winner of the election, expected to have been Ann Black, would have joined the eight-strong group of "(core) officers" within Labour's National Executive Committee (NEC), which is considered to have six pro-Corbyn members.

Despite being a left-winger, Ann Black does not enjoy the support of the pro-Corbyn Momentum group. There are claims pro-Corbyn members stopped the vote as part of wider efforts to control Labour's NEC.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,760
    I may need a little bit of help here. Why do MI6 supposedly give a monkey's about UKIP? Especially now?
    Foxy said:

There are other advantages to school meals for all at Primary School: Social inclusion of all pupils, and creating a common dining culture of eating collectively at a table. This is increasingly rare in many households. A second good reason is to establish good dietary habits in terms of variety and nutrition. Both are worthwhile bits of social engineering standard at most private schools.

If you think 'eating at table' improves dietary habits, then you never experienced the queues at our tuck shop. ;)

Schools cannot 'fix' such social problems, only paper over the effects. It is a parenting issue, either through lack of money or lack of care. In fact, removing the responsibility for failing parents to feed their children harms the situation, not improves it.

On the other hand, good parents will lose precious parenting time with their children if the children eat at school ...
    DavidL said:

I may need a little bit of help here. Why do MI6 supposedly give a monkey's about UKIP? Especially now?

For the LOLs.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,957
    edited February 2018
    DavidL said:

Because of Farage, Trump, Russia, and electoral interference in the referendum?

Mr. Jessop, not quite the same thing, but I do like the idea of renaming myself George RR Tolkien, and calling my next book Lord of the Thrones.

:)
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    I think we might be seeing the death of VAR tonight. Two shocking mistakes - handball by Smalling and a goal wrongly ruled out for offside.
  • MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,921
    rcs1000 said:

I don't see her getting 43% of the vote in a GE.
  • oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

From bbc news....

A row has broken out at Labour's National Policy Forum (NPF) gathering after a vote to elect a new chair was cancelled.

The winner of the election, expected to have been Ann Black, would have joined the eight-strong group of "(core) officers" within Labour's National Executive Committee (NEC), which is considered to have six pro-Corbyn members.

Despite being a left-winger, Ann Black does not enjoy the support of the pro-Corbyn Momentum group. There are claims pro-Corbyn members stopped the vote as part of wider efforts to control Labour's NEC.

But Momentum aren't trying to influence any internal elections in the Labour Party. We have been told that time after time after time. Shame on you for thinking such things.
    edited February 2018
    Mortimer said:

rcs1000 said:

Can you see her doing a Dave and winning a majority on a lower share of the vote?
    HYUFD said:

Rudd is probably the likeliest candidate of the Tory Remain faction to get to the final two against Boris or JRM

Rudd would be May mk2. She is not the answer. Someone needs to have a word in her shell-like. Amber will not progress to green.

DavidL said:

For the LOLs.
    Right. I forgot the famous British sense of humour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMx0RH_YXgU
  • Mr. 86, sounds like incompetent decision-making rather than a problem with the concept itself.
    VAR is surely going to be a 1 season wonder by the way. We really can't go on like this. Appalling decisions made by a referee who is not even in the ground.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164

Mr. 86, sounds like incompetent decision-making rather than a problem with the concept itself.

That's a bit like saying that the problem with Socialism is the people implementing it.
  • TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840

But Momentum aren't trying to influence any internal elections in the Labour Party. We have been told that time after time after time. Shame on you for thinking such things.

Not sure who told you that but they seem a little confused, momentum stand candidates in internal elections, as did progress and Labour first (together) in recent NEC elections, generally candidates try to win these internal elections.
    tlg86 said:

Mr. 86, sounds like incompetent decision-making rather than a problem with the concept itself.

That's a bit like saying that the problem with Socialism is the people implementing it.
    Well in fairness that is one of the problems.
  • DavidL said:

VAR is surely going to be a 1 season wonder by the way. We really can't go on like this. Appalling decisions made by a referee who is not even in the ground.

It's just like DRS at the start.

I remember some shocking calls by Daryl Harper when he was in the hot seat.

He missed a massive inside edge because he had his headphones on silent.
  • stevefstevef Posts: 1,044
    UKIP is finished and was never a viable political party in its own right: it was always nothing but Nigel Farage's followers.

The danger now is that Farage will start a new party of the radical and populist right -which he has threatened to do. Bolton's removal may well be the trigger for that. It is th duty of every democrat to make sure that a new Farage party fails. Such a party would get a huge boost if Remoaners put wind into its sails with their attacks on older voters and with their incessant plots to frustrate the referendum result.

Politics is already in its worst state since the Second World War with one of the worst governments and most appalling oppositions in British history without a bitter rump of the Remain cause driving frustrated working class people into the arms of the poisonous right.
  • AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    DavidL said:

Perhaps he means the CIA, thinking it is Russian?

Good evening, everybody.
  • So they used the straight lines not the wobbly lines.
  • Mr. 86, except that using video footage works well enough in F1 and rugby.

Miss JGP, good evening.

From bbc news....

How can anyone deny what is happening to the Labour Party, that it is being infilitrated andtaken over by a nasty and dangerous organisation?

Mortimer said:

rcs1000 said:

Can you see her doing a Dave and winning a majority on a lower share of the vote?
    I'm a party member and I have no idea that she stands for apart from not being driven home by Boris. Is that enough? I'm not sure.

FPT

I think what may help the Lib Dems next time is Labour voters in say Richmond being more happy to switch. This election even in Richmond I would have voted Labour as they were given a lot of criticism for going a direction I wanted so it felt really important to show my support with a vote regardless of the effect on the seat. Next election I would imagine Labour voters like me being more relaxed about switching to Lib Dem in the few places it would make a difference.

I remember one guy for example arguing with me that Labour had got less votes than members in the Richmond by election, this kind of thing and other criticism's probably drove people to vote Labour even where a Lib Dem vote would have been better in Anti-Tory terms.

Just lend us your vote. It's in a good cause.
    edited February 2018

Odd to watch so many Tories capering with glee at UKIP’s misfortunes, even as they implement UKIP’s 2015 manifesto.

That would also require the Treasury to have eliminated the deficit by the end of this year, scrapping of hospital car parking charges, private health insurance requirement for foreign migrants and 5 year wait for benefits, scrapping of the 'bedroom tax', £3 billion a year for the NHS by 2020, inheritance tax scrapped, allowing secondary schools to become grammars, no fees for students studying STEM subjects, reduction in the TV license fee, an end to sex education for primary school children, an end to the continuous at sea nuclear deterrent, integration of defence and security spending, repeal of the Climate Change Act 2008 and the scrapping of HS2 and cutting the Overseas Aid budget by £9 billion a year.

Though the Tories have implemented UKIP 2015 policies such as departure from the EU, removing EU directives which harm the UK economy, aiming for a bespoke trade agreement with the EU, setting an immigration target of under 100,000 a year (though not quite the 5 year ban on unskilled immigration and points system UKIP wanted), an increased personal allowance, reduction in the cap on benefits, restriction of child benefit to two children and protection of most of the Green Belt
    www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11536535/manifesto-2015-summary.html
    edited February 2018

Mr. 86, except that using video footage works well enough in F1 and rugby.

Miss JGP, good evening.

A few Welsh Rugby fans might disagree with you.

Me, I'm still seething about the TMO's call in the 2007 World Cup Final
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766
    Mortimer said:

rcs1000 said:

What do you reckon, 50%?
    rcs1000 said:

Mortimer said:

rcs1000 said:

What do you reckon, 50%?
    :)
    HYUFD said:

That would also require the Treasury to have eliminated the deficit by the end of this year, scrapping of hospital car parking charges, private health insurance requirement for foreign migrants and 5 year wait for benefits, scrapping of the 'bedroom tax', £3 billion a year for the NHS by 2020, inheritance tax scrapped, allowing secondary schools to become grammars, no fees for students studying STEM subjects, reduction in the TV license fee, an end to sex education for primary school children, an end to the continuous at sea nuclear deterrent, integration of defence and security spending, repeal of the Climate Change Act 2008 and the scrapping of HS2 and cutting Overseas Aid budget by £9 billion a year.

Though the Tories have implemented UKIP 2015 policies such as departure from the EU, removing EU directives which harm the UK economy, aiming for a bespoke trade agreement with the EU, setting an immigration target of under 100,000 a year (though not quite the 5 year ban on unskilled immigration and points system UKIP wanted), an increased personal allowance, reduction in the cap on benefits, restricted child benefit to two children and protection of most of the Green Belt,
    www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11536535/manifesto-2015-summary.html
    I thought they were implementing the People's Will in the referendum. Of course you dont think that whether the UK is an independent country or part of a European superstate is any of the People's business.................................
  • Mr. Eagles, ha, I remember Cueto's try being disallowed.

Also, the Welsh decision would've merely decreased the scale of their defeat.
    edited February 2018

Mr. Eagles, ha, I remember Cueto's try being disallowed.

Also, the Welsh decision would've merely decreased the scale of their defeat.

Had that try been awarded with the conversion Wales would have won the match.

DavidL said:

It's just like DRS at the start.

I remember some shocking calls by Daryl Harper when he was in the hot seat.

He missed a massive inside edge because he had his headphones on silent.
    And he was Australian....
  • Mr. Eagles, no. Because they wouldn't've had the penalty, so you have to remove those 3 points, and add the 7. Which is still Wales defeated.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392

Foxy said:

Scott_P said:

I don't think Farage has much interest in the UK anymore. Post-Brexit he can get more attention and more cash on Fox in America than he can involved in a poxy British minor party.

He was on question time (again) this week
    Coming week, I think. Ken Clarke too.
    https://twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/964765681920159744
    Is he serious about the stuff he spouts?! There really are loonies all over
    edited February 2018

HYUFD said:

Rudd would be May mk2. She is not the answer. Someone needs to have a word in her shell-like. Amber will not progress to green.
    I think the Tories will likely pick a Leaver to succeed May but of the senior Tories in the Cabinet who backed Remain and have not yet fully converted to Leave eg Hammond, Rudd, Clark, she is probably the best
    AnneJGP said:

DavidL said:

Perhaps he means the CIA, thinking it is Russian?

Good evening, everybody.
    You think he can think?
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I think the Tories will likely pick a Leaver to succeed May but of the senior Tories in the Cabinet who backed Remain and have not yet fully converted to Leave eg Hammond, Rudd, Clark, she is probably the best
    Devastating critique of the alternatives.
    stevef said:

UKIP is finished and was never a viable political party in its own right: it was always nothing but Nigel Farage's followers.

The danger now is that Farage will start a new party of the radical and populist right -which he has threatened to do. Bolton's removal may well be the trigger for that. It is th duty of every democrat to make sure that a new Farage party fails. Such a party would get a huge boost if Remoaners put wind into its sails with their attacks on older voters and with their incessant plots to frustrate the referendum result.

Politics is already in its worst state since the Second World War with one of the worst governments and most appalling oppositions in British history without a bitter rump of the Remain cause driving frustrated working class people into the arms of the poisonous right.

It would be great if Farage started a new party of the radical and populist right, particularly if "Remainers put wind into its sails with attacks on older voters". It would siphon off Tory votes and help Corbyn get into power and transform the political landscape.

Foxy said:

If you think 'eating at table' improves dietary habits, then you never experienced the queues at our tuck shop. ;)

Schools cannot 'fix' such social problems, only paper over the effects. It is a parenting issue, either through lack of money or lack of care. In fact, removing the responsibility for failing parents to feed their children harms the situation, not improves it.

On the other hand, good parents will lose precious parenting time with their children if the children eat at school ...
    Sure, pupils are quite adept at scoffing sweets in place of healthy meals, but they should at least be exposed to a healthy diet for one meal a day. Britain's dietary habits are pretty appalling and storing up a lot of future health issues.

• AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

Mr. 86, except that using video footage works well enough in F1 and rugby.

Miss JGP, good evening.

Good evening, Mr Dancer. I hope you are well.
    Barnesian said:

stevef said:

It would be great if Farage started a new party of the radical and populist right, particularly if "Remainers put wind into its sails with attacks on older voters". It would siphon off Tory votes and help Corbyn get into power and transform the political landscape.
    Sounds a good plan to me!
This discussion has been closed.