Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » PaddyPower makes it 3/1 that TMay won’t survive beyond the end

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited February 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » PaddyPower makes it 3/1 that TMay won’t survive beyond the end of March

A spokesman for the bookie said: “Theresa May’s time as PM has been a constant case of one step forward followed by several steps backwards – and that’s just her political viewpoints. The pressure is ramping up on May, and the odds are shortening that she’ll be ousted, prompting another General Election and – likely – another Brexit Referendum.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    edited February 2018
    First! But I cannot think of a suitable metaphor....
  • Depends on the wording. I can see Mrs May losing a vote of confidence in March.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,954
    I'd want to be on the other side of all those bets....
  • Plans to shaft Northern Ireland by Boris does make that DUP bet look interesting.
  • Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Make June the end of May - Lab slogan 2017, Con slogan 2018.
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392
    Is there no time limit on the DUP bet? Is it until the end of the parliament?
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392
    Ishmael_Z said:

Make June the end of May - Lab slogan 2017, Con slogan 2018.

March of the May-kers?
  • BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    3/1 Theresa May to be removed as Conservative Leader in Q1 2018

That's a 10/1 shot at best
  • Brom said:

3/1 Theresa May to be removed as Conservative Leader in Q1 2018

That's a 10/1 shot at best

By the 31st March - really
  • All terrible bets.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,708
    edited February 2018

Plans to shaft Northern Ireland by Boris does make that DUP bet look interesting.

Boris' new support for a limited hard border between NI and the Republic would be fine by the DUP
    edited February 2018
    FPT:

DavidL said:

Wonder if the market thinks 'no deal' now more likely?

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/968828404517736448

That's a fall of just under a cent? Seems an appropriate response.
    And fits the mood music on a day where Toy'R'Us (UK) has gone into liquidation and Maplin appears to be about to do the same.

We're dooommmed Capt Mainwaring! We're all dooommmed!!!! :open_mouth:
    That is nothing to do with Brexit but the advance of the internet and on line sales. It is just going to get worse for the high street and the blame, if you want to apportion blame, is with every on line shopper
    Mr G - if you read closely, you will see that I never mentioned Brexit
  • Well it was 17 days from Dave announcing his resignation to Theresa May becoming Tory leader, 19 days to her becoming PM.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    FPT.
    welshowl said:

welshowl said:

Why should they care about UK public opinion?

Because in 10, 15, 20, 100 years time we are still going to be neighbours.

The EU is repeating its apparent fixation with a 2- 4 year time frame and not giving (seemingly) much thought to the long term. Do they want "Canada" 21 miles from their "USA", similar but different, cooperative, friendly, supportive, or do they want a sort of Japan/China, spiky, suspicious, antagonistic relationship?
    You think the mandate of 2016 will last a hundred years? That's bordering on insane.
    "100" was a long term figure I plucked out of the air to illustrate a general point. Who knows where we will be in 100 years time, or 25 for that matter, of course.

However, the EU deep down are pretty good at tactics to be sure, but I cannot fathom their strategic goal? Surely they either, in general terms want a "Canada" to continue my analogy, or they wish to convince a large majority of us of the worth of the EU "Project" so we settle down to being good Europeans in their eyes, (the latter being something similar to your view perhaps?). I cant see that saying you want to economically snip off a bit of the UK does either for them across the broad generality of UK voters.

Insert "Corsica" into their text instead of "NI" and replace "ECJ" with "Supreme Court in London" and see how that would play in France?

But it's a negotiation. Long way to go.
    Just think about what you're saying for a minute. You think the friendly neighbour option is a "Canada" 21 miles from their "USA". You completely ignore the fact that Northern Ireland is 0 miles from "them", yet at the same time you regard unity between NI and GB as non-negotiable. Where does Ireland fit in your worldview?

You should perhaps instead ask yourself what kind of relationship you want with Ireland in 10, 15, 20 or 100 years' time.
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited February 2018
    I think the EU could disintegrate without the UK as a member. Anyone agree?
    edited February 2018
    Given we have to agree a deal with the EU by October to get any transition period post Brexit let alone make progress on a FTA if May goes this year and there is a general election it makes hard Brexit very likely.

• HYUFD said:

Plans to shaft Northern Ireland by Boris does make that DUP bet look interesting.

Boris' new support for a limited hard border between NI and the Republic would be fine by the DUP
    But would not be fine to the people of Norn Iron, a majority of whom voted Remain

Do the DUP want to lose seats?
  • philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

FPT.

welshowl said:

welshowl said:

The EU is repeating its apparent fixation with a 2- 4 year time frame and not giving (seemingly) much thought to the long term. Do they want "Canada" 21 miles from their "USA", similar but different, cooperative, friendly, supportive, or do they want a sort of Japan/China, spiky, suspicious, antagonistic relationship?
    You think the mandate of 2016 will last a hundred years? That's bordering on insane.
    "100" was a long term figure I plucked out of the air to illustrate a general point. Who knows where we will be in 100 years time, or 25 for that matter, of course.

However, the EU deep down are pretty good at tactics to be sure, but I cannot fathom their strategic goal? Surely they either, in general terms want a "Canada" to continue my analogy, or they wish to convince a large majority of us of the worth of the EU "Project" so we settle down to being good Europeans in their eyes, (the latter being something similar to your view perhaps?). I cant see that saying you want to economically snip off a bit of the UK does either for them across the broad generality of UK voters.

Insert "Corsica" into their text instead of "NI" and replace "ECJ" with "Supreme Court in London" and see how that would play in France?

Just think about what you're saying for a minute. You think the friendly neighbour option is a "Canada" 21 miles from their "USA". You completely ignore the fact that Northern Ireland is 0 miles from "them", yet at the same time you regard unity between NI and GB as non-negotiable. Where does Ireland fit in your worldview?

You should perhaps instead ask yourself what kind of relationship you want with Ireland in 10, 15, 20 or 100 years' time.
    One that supports ROI as the EU collapses in turmoil, chaos and acrimony?
  • FPT.

welshowl said:

welshowl said:

Same question applies to the EU even if it still exists in 20 years time

HYUFD said:

But would not be fine to the people of Norn Iron, a majority of whom voted Remain

A majority of NI seats were won by the DUP after the Leave vote and after the DUP backed Brexit, including leaving the single market and customs union
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950

FPT.

welshowl said:

welshowl said:

And what kind of relationship we had with Ireland 100 years ago.
  • FPT:

DavidL said:

And fits the mood music on a day where Toy'R'Us (UK) has gone into liquidation and Maplin appears to be about to do the same.

That is nothing to do with Brexit but the advance of the internet and on line sales. It is just going to get worse for the high street and the blame, if you want to apportion blame, is with every on line shopper
    Sorry - I did not mean to infer you did, my mistake. But hope you agree otherwise
  • volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    Definitely prefer to be a layer rather than a player in all of these markets.Very poor value.
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,715
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

A majority of NI seats were won by the DUP after the Leave vote and after the DUP backed Brexit, including leaving the single market and customs union
    If there’s one part of the UK where Brexit, as Brexit, is well down the voters list of ‘thing’ it’s NornI. “Union’ there means with the RoI.
  • AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487
    Watching that odious clown Boris shuffle uncomfortably in his seat as the once-useless Corbyn gently teased the insanity of his position was deeply embarrassing. How did this birdbrain become Foreign Secretary? May, who appointed him, should hang her head in shame. This country is a laughing stock – thanks to the witless imbeciles on the Tory front bench.
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,880

FPT:

DavidL said:

Sorry - I did not mean to infer you did, my mistake. But hope you agree otherwise
    Imply. I only mention it to cockblock Morris Dancer.
    https://www.ft.com/content/eafd4ece-1c8a-11e8-956a-43db76e69936
    Labour says will not accept further donations from Max Mosley

This raises a question as to whether Max Mosley is a fit and proper person to fund IMPRESS
  • Dura_Ace said:

FPT:

DavidL said:

I have no idea what you are talking about or the language you use
    Anazina said:

Watching that odious clown Boris shuffle uncomfortably in his seat as the once-useless Corbyn gently teased the insanity of his position was deeply embarrassing. How did this birdbrain become Foreign Secretary? May, who appointed him, should hang her head in shame. This country is a laughing stock – thanks to the witless imbeciles on the Tory front bench.

Boris is the Trump or Berlusconi of Britain, given 1 is POTUS and the other's coalition is set to be the biggest block in the Italian Parliament on Sunday not such a bad place to be
  • philiph said:

This raises a question as to whether Max Mosley is a fit and proper person to fund IMPRESS

Why would a XXXX XXXXX XXXXX want to fund a organisation wanting to control the press?

I just can't fathom it #innocentface
    Chaos out on the Devon lanes today. Half an inch of snow is covering sheet ice. Just spent an hour in conditions which I would describe as Bloody Chilly, helping get vehicles out of a mess of their own making. Fire, ambulance, RAC, recovery wagons - all in our little lane linking nowhere much with nowhere much. Thankfully seems as if no-one is hurt, but the roads are lethal.

Take care out there all. Better still, stay put.... Now a hot chocolate beckons.

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

If there’s one part of the UK where Brexit, as Brexit, is well down the voters list of ‘thing’ it’s NornI. “Union’ there means with the RoI.
    Which the still Unionist majority of NI clearly oppose
  • philiph said:

So is Watson returning the £500,000 Mosley has given him
    edited February 2018

FPT:

DavidL said:

:+1:
    HYUFD said:

The shift in the brexiteer/neobrexiteer position over the past 18 months is illustrative of their complete lack of pragmatism, wit and imagination.

Only a fool would leave the single market
    We will leave the single market
    Only a fool would risk the peace process by establishing a hard Irish border
    We will establish a 'limited' hard Irish border

Next up: we will establish a hard Irish border and crash out on WTO terms.

Anything – anything – to preserve PURITY!!!
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,753
    Maybe we should just invade and conquer Eire. That would solve the EU's apparent difficulties and even with our much diminished forces probably wouldn't take more than a few days.

Or maybe we can finally agree that trying to resolve the status of the Irish border separately from our relationship with the EU generally is simply nuts and that the EU position is completely barking.
    If we have a FTA with the EU what problem exists on the EIre border that does not exist right now and which both sides are quite happy to ignore? The only thing I can think of is third party imports into Eire or the UK. Surely that is just paperwork? And once again exactly the same issue we need to resolve with the rest of the EU?
  • welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

FPT.

welshowl said:

welshowl said:

I'd like a nice friendly constructive one, thank you. But the EU being so (in public) absolutist is not helping me.

Ireland is miles from anywhere else in the EU out on the NW extremes of Europe. An island off an island. It's not like it's the border between France and Germany in the heart of Europe. A Schodinger's solution is there if both sides give a bit. After all I can't right now load up with a van full of cigarettes in Belfast and drive to Dundalk and sell them, so there's not seamless alignment now.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,956
    edited February 2018

philiph said:

Why would a XXXX XXXXX XXXXX want to fund a organisation wanting to control the press?

Leveson 2 is probably dead in the water now.

Any supporters of it now will be tarred by the unpleasant views of Max Mosley.
  • MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    AndyJS said:

The kind of bullying we see from the EU often indicates a desperation and weakness behind the scenes.

Are they just worried about losing the money, or could it be beginning of the end?

philiph said:

Not much luck with his political soul-mates, does Watson..... Perhaps if he weren't quite so keen to see the politics and was somewhat more questioning of his politically opportunisitc chums, he might not look quite such an arsehole.
    Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

The shift in the brexiteer/neobrexiteer position over the past 18 months is illustrative of their complete lack of pragmatism, wit and imagination.

Well given the EU is making it almost impossible to do anything else and deliver full Brexit that may well end up the case

Dura_Ace said:

FPT:

DavidL said:

I have no idea what you are talking about or the language you use
    You imply something by what you say.

I infer something from what you say.
    DavidL said:

Maybe we should just invade and conquer Eire. That would solve the EU's apparent difficulties and even with our much diminished forces probably wouldn't take more than a few days.

Or maybe we can finally agree that trying to resolve the status of the Irish border separately from our relationship with the EU generally is simply nuts and that the EU position is completely barking.
    If we have a FTA with the EU what problem exists on the EIre border that does not exist right now and which both sides are quite happy to ignore? The only thing I can think of is third party imports into Eire or the UK. Surely that is just paperwork? And once again exactly the same issue we need to resolve with the rest of the EU?

Quite.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

philiph said:

Do you need to ask? (no)

Chaos out on the Devon lanes today. Half an inch of snow is covering sheet ice. Just spent an hour in conditions which I would describe as Bloody Chilly, helping get vehicles out of a mess of their own making. Fire, ambulance, RAC, recovery wagons - all in our little lane linking nowhere much with nowhere much. Thankfully seems as if no-one is hurt, but the roads are lethal.

Take care out there all. Better still, stay put.... Now a hot chocolate beckons.

Scotland has its first ever red warning today in central Scotland. We are thankfully to the north of that but bus companies and police are already saying get home and stay there.
  • philiph said:

And Impress must have had it founded on his money
    HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Well given the EU is making it almost impossible to do anything else and deliver full Brexit that may well end up the case
    The EU is not making it impossible.

Those who are making impossible are the brexiteers/neobrexiteers who have dropped any notion of compromise. Wake up!
    philiph said:

Oswald Mosley was a Labour MP after defecting from the Tories

philiph said:

HaHA I think the correct term is:

Fat Chance(r)!
    welshowl said:

I'd like a nice friendly constructive one, thank you. But the EU being so (in public) absolutist is not helping me.

Ireland is miles from anywhere else in the EU out on the NW extremes of Europe. An island off an island. It's not like it's the border between France and Germany in the heart of Europe. A Schodinger's solution is there if both sides give a bit. After all I can't right now load up with a van full of cigarettes in Belfast and drive to Dundalk and sell them, so there's not seamless alignment now.

Ireland is a full member of the EU, not some insignificant protectorate. The border between Ireland and Northern Ireland is longer than the border between France and Germany, and what will make it different in future is that you want to make it an external EU border, equivalent to the border with Belarus.
    HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

Boris is the Trump or Berlusconi of Britain, given 1 is POTUS and the other's coalition is set to be the biggest block in the Italian Parliament on Sunday not such a bad place to be
    I think you mean bloc.

Or perhaps you do mean block.

In any case, Boris is a busted flush. A wally. An embarrassment.
  • HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

The government's position is full of contradictions. These are necessary to keep the Tory party 'united'. We are now at the point where reality is intruding and it will be seen that 'having cake and eating it' is not a realistic policy.
    DavidL said:

The creation of the "Irish Border Question" seems to have been entirely created for the purpose of frustrating Brexit negotiations, and hence Brexit itself.

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Those who are making impossible are the brexiteers/neobrexiteers who have dropped any notion of compromise. Wake up!
    You cannot end free movement and stay in the single market say the EU.

You cannot have no hard border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland without regulatory alignment say the EU.

Hence for Brexiteers there may be no alternative to leaving the single market and a hard Irish border in order to end free movement and ECJ jurisdiction over the UK
    DavidL said:

This is what a border with an FTA looks like. Do you want to help build it?
    https://twitter.com/KateHoeyMP/status/933824934723358720
  • Sometimes being a bookie must be a really nice relaxing occupation.
    Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Ok why doesn't the EU offer us the Liechtenstein deal as a compromise - Single Market and no FOM? Would've romped home at the referendum. Because they get a fit of the vapours that more countries would want it, and we can't be giving people what they want because that would stall the "project".

What they really fear, is our leaving totally and the world not ending (which it wouldn't despite the Jeremiahs), and representing an attractive plan "B" in due course. when others get pissed off with that lack of democracy.

• With Mrs May's team having a go at Boris over that letter, perhaps PBers would like the 5/1 on Boris as next out of the cabinet

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/betting/politics/uk/uk-politics/next-cabinet-minister-to-leave/226271370/

DavidL said:

Looks like a posy upmarket Dutch Barn. They are easy to build.
    edited February 2018
    HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Just maybe we WILL crash out, and the resulting economic chaos is so bad that the Tories struggle to hold Maidenhead and Witham and we crawl back into the EU. And into the Euro and Schengen.
    Hope it’s nowhere near as bad as that but the incompetence currently being displayed by the Government and to a lesser extent the Opposition suggests the possibility.
  • JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400

DavidL said:

The creation of the "Irish Border Question" seems to have been entirely created for the purpose of frustrating Brexit negotiations, and hence Brexit itself.

No, its a result of Ireland defending their own interests.

Being part of the EU has given them enough power to stand up to the UK rather than having to go along with whatever the UK decides.

DavidL said:

Yes, partition was done with the sole purpose of frustrating Brexit...

philiph said:

The whole thing was made up of unpleasant views and self interest. Good riddance.
  • JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400

DavidL said:

There could be a conspiracy theory that the Good Friday Agreement was written in such a way as to frustrate Brexit. Tony Blair was involved with it after all...

DavidL said:

Gosh, you're so cynical.
    edited February 2018

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Just maybe we WILL crash out, and the resulting economic chaos is so bad that the Tories struggle to hold Maidenhead and Witham and we crawl back into the EU. And into the Euro and Schengen.
    Hope it’s nowhere near as bad as that but the incompetence currently being displayed by the Government and to a lesser extent the Opposition suggests the possibility.
    If we want to stay we should be in Schengen, Euro etc.
    I can see attractions, logic and advantages with that (as well as some negatives), but it is a tempting offer.
    The only other sensible (some will dispute the use of that word) option is out.
    I would vote as follows:
    1 Full membership, in up to the hilt
    2 Out, and out means out
    3 Staus quo of half in half out (which we are moving from, as it is the worst of all worlds in medium to long term).

welshowl said:

Ireland is a full member of the EU, not some insignificant protectorate. The border between Ireland and Northern Ireland is longer than the border between France and Germany, and what will make it different in future is that you want to make it an external EU border, equivalent to the border with Belarus.
    At no point have I said or implied it's insignificant or a protectorate. I was merely pointing out that geography, in terms of the complete isolation of the border from anywhere else, is actually a help if we all want to turn a few Nelsonian blind eyes. Hell we do now to the fact that there's no de jure border between NI and GB, but given you need to show photo ID to get on a boat of a plane there effectively is. I
    FF43 said:
    Empirical evidence to support raising the voting age to 45......

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Most Leave voters did so to end free movement and regain sovereignty, exactly what the EU is frustrating the government from doing and of course 2/3 of constituencies voted Leave.

Had the Euro and Schengen been on the cards it would have been 90% of constituencies voting Leave
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,583
    HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

Johnson's latest incendiary interventions regarding the NI border imply he is totally unsuitable to become PM.I am not sure whether his responses are out of naivety or cynicism. If he does not believe the the ramifications of his statements are anything short of potentially downright dangerous were they come to pass he has no business being FS either!
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Most Leave voters did so to end free movement and regain sovereignty, exactly what the EU is frustrating the government from doing and of course 2/3 of constituencies voted Leave.

Had the Euro and Schengen been on the cards it would have been 90% of constituencies voting Leave
    I’m looking to the future, not the past.
    JonathanD said:

DavidL said:

There could be a conspiracy theory that the Good Friday Agreement was written in such a way as to frustrate Brexit. Tony Blair was involved with it after all...
    He knew he'd never win a referendum on the Euro outright, so he created the GFA to bind our constitutional status to another EU member state, then allowed mass immigration so that people would vote to leave, resulting in national humiliation and the removal of our opt-outs. Machiavelli had nothing on him.
  • Irish Deputy PM saying just now he is pleased the back stop position is in the draft but the first preference is a free trade agreement - the back stop is not the preferred option.

Rowing back by the sounds of it

DavidL said:

Nah, can't be arsed. Just let them come back and forward like they have done since before the EU was formed.

DavidL said:

It harks back to the potato famine of 1845. They say Phytophthora infestans was introduced into the ecosystem by visionary hardcore Remainers back in the day to stir up nationalist sympathies.
  • With Mrs May's team having a go at Boris over that letter, perhaps PBers would like the 5/1 on Boris as next out of the cabinet

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/betting/politics/uk/uk-politics/next-cabinet-minister-to-leave/226271370/

Better than the 5/1 on EU Ref in 2018

DavidL said:

No, creating it as a separate question to be answered before we even know the future trading relationship with rest of the EU.

A50 says "the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with [the UK], setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union".

So pushing the Irish Border question ahead of everything else is a breach of the EU's own process.

• stevefstevef Posts: 1,044
    I hope these silly predictions are being framed and preserved so we can look at them later. And added to similar predictions of President Hilary Clinton, prime minister Miliband, Theresa May's resignation post election 2017, Theresa May's landslide June 2017, ......and the rest.

I'm happy for my predictions to be framed and preserved:

Theresa May still PM at Christmas 2018,
    No general election in 2018,
    No second referendum on EU.
    Jeremy Corbyn will fail to become PM.

I have every general election result correct since 1970.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    AndyJS said:

It's possible, especially if they don't start thinking about *why* we voted to leave, as those feelings aren't unique to the UK. So far they've not cared to think about it.

On the other hand, without our constant complaining and whinging, the EU could become stronger.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,050
    DavidL said:

I think past experience is that conquering Ireland is like conquering Afghanistan, more of a long haul than a few days.

It is quite clear that the governments Brexit strategy (!!) requires a hard border as we will not be in CU or SM. Even an FTA requires a degreedof infrastructure on the border. The DUP just need to suck it up. In addition it probably needs the GFA to go back to the drawing board, Stormont ain't working even apart from Brexit.
  • This isn't the sort of democracy that Leavers approve of:

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/968849333746585600
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

This isn't the sort of democracy that Leavers approve of:

Hasn't that point already been conceded?

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

Johnson's latest incendiary interventions regarding the NI border imply he is totally unsuitable to become PM.I am not sure whether his responses are out of naivety or cynicism. If he does not believe the the ramifications of his statements are anything short of potentially downright dangerous were they come to pass he has no business being FS either!
    In the view of an ardent Remainer who he does not need to win a general election

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

It will be almost 40 years before all the over 45s have disappeared from the electorate
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

It will be almost 40 years before all the over 45s have disappeared from the electorate
    We didn’t all vote Leave. Some of us retained a degree of common sense!
  • stevefstevef Posts: 1,044
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Won there be new over 45s?

... and keep putting the issue back to the people until they get it right.

Ah, so it's a second referendum he's after?

... and keep putting the issue back to the people until they get it right.

Wouldn't it be awful no longer to be able to sneer at other countries for "being made to vote twice"?
    philiph said:

DavidL said:

Looks like a posy upmarket Dutch Barn. They are easy to build.
    Might need a bit of cladding.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6165/6189120962_1f08ce00e1_b.jpg
  • RobD said:

Only the first one.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,050
    stevef said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

I think the evidence is that cultural attitudes do not change with age the way that political allegiences have in the past.

Time will tell of course.
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Nah, can't be arsed. Just let them come back and forward like they have done since before the EU was formed.
    Taking back control - one open border at a time.
    stevef said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

True but that depends on voters getting more socially conservative and nationalist as they get older

RobD said:

Only the first one.
    So there's no need to put it back to the people then.
This discussion has been closed.