Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Interesting news for those of us betting on the year of Trump’

SystemSystem Posts: 11,007
edited March 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Interesting news for those of us betting on the year of Trump’s exit date

CNN obtained a tape of Trump at a closed-door fundraiser. He said this about China's president: "He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot some day." https://t.co/FzLjVtlhl1

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,692
    First like Xi who must be obeyed
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,692
    Xi Jinping is storing trouble for himself by abolishing the ten year rule, where you have a designated successor who will take over at the end of your term. The beauty of the rule for the incumbent is that succession challenges focus on your deputy, not on you. Meanwhile your deputy is incentivised to be loyal to you as he knows he will take over.

From what I can see Chinese social media is unimpressed by Xi's move. I guess you could make the same accusations against them as the Twitterati. Thing is, intellectuals have caused several major upsets over the past one hundred years of Chinese history.
This discussion has been closed.