Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Just launched new pollster featuring Martn Boon and Joe Twyman

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited March 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Just launched new pollster featuring Martn Boon and Joe Twyman formerly of ICM and YouGov

Today sees the launch of a brand new opinion research company, Deltapoll, which brings together names and faces that many people on this website might be familiar with.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Best of luck, chaps. Given how recent British polling has gone, you may need it ;)
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,958
    Gold Standard elect.....
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    Good luck Deltapoll, certainly enough experience there to do well on the technical side of political polling.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    Kaboom
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    The real question from the previous thread is will a pb syndicate invest in the 7 bed b2l near Stoke station ;)
    edited March 2018
    Be interesting to see some polling on net positives/negatives on the LibDems after Vince Cable's weekend effort. Hard to see his punching voters in the face being a winner in the SW.....
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    Pulpstar said:

The real question from the previous thread is will a pb syndicate invest in the 7 bed b2l near Stoke station ;)

Do you think we could let it to Paul Nuttall?
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,723
    Pulpstar said:

Kaboom

You mean KABOOM
  • Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Excellent to see this new polling company being set up. But who is going to pay for the political polling which will be required to feed the model?
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,695
    edited March 2018
    How exciting!
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,571
    In view of last night's rather heated debate on the Telford case, this article about France and the age of consent is well worth reading:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/03/frances-existential-crisis-over-sexual-harassment-laws/550700/
  • TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

Be interesting to see some polling on net positives/negatives on the LibDems after Vince Cable's weekend effort. Hard to see his punching voters in the face being a winner in the SW.....

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/vince-cable-not-brexit-voters-is-the-one-stuck-in-the-past/

Mr. Mark, he didn't attack all voters. Just the majority in the referendum. And the elderly.
  • John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    More blood for the blood god. I mean, goodie, more polling! Good luck Gentlemen.

Let's face it, if you voted Leave, the Lib Dems are hardly your natural political home (though I recognise that some Lib Dems are Brexiteers, poor confused souls they must be).
    FPT

The Mirror recently reported around 1,000 cases of girls being molested by gangs in Telford. Yet this appears not to have troubled the broadcast media a jot. .... Have I missed something?

Yes, it was on the Today programme this morning, a couple of times, Mr.D.
    It was also on the websites of the Sun, Express, and Independent last night.

I think the point is that the Mirror story was the fruits of an eighteen month investigation, and many of the individual cases had been reported over the intervening decades.
    Clearly there is a very big story here, but it is not one of immediately breaking news, and there is not much that the BBC can add without their own reporters looking into the story.

It's notable that it wasn't in the Times, either - and they were the ones who pursued the Rotherham case with admirable tenacity. I think you're seeing some sort of media conspiracy here which doesn't exist.
    Mr. B, cheers for reposting. I haven't seen any coverage of it on the news whatsoever, which seems bizarre, and don't listen to the radio.
  • Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    An excellent prospectus, best of luck with it.

tim used to confuse the hard of thinking by contrasting "anecdote vs the polling," implicitly equating polling with scientific studies, and the equation is bollocks. Evidence based medicine does two main things: it rejects reports from patients and doctors in favour of measuring objective outcomes, and it measures as many cases as possible. Traditional polling addresses the second point but does nothing about the first, so the true contrast is anecdote vs more anecdotes. I don't know if the problem is soluble, but identifying it is a step forward.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    edited March 2018

Also good news for Tories in Epping where there was a sizeable UKIP vote in 2014 and the main battle in both wards is Tory v LD.

Local LDs are trying to focus on opposition to new homes and the Local Plan and any building on the greenbelt, this will be a distraction for them
    Nigelb said:

FPT

The Mirror recently reported around 1,000 cases of girls being molested by gangs in Telford. Yet this appears not to have troubled the broadcast media a jot. .... Have I missed something?

I think the point is that the Mirror story was the fruits of an eighteen month investigation, and many of the individual cases had been reported over the intervening decades.
    Clearly there is a very big story here, but it is not one of immediately breaking news, and there is not much that the BBC can add without their own reporters looking into the story.

It's notable that it wasn't in the Times, either - and they were the ones who pursued the Rotherham case with admirable tenacity. I think you're seeing some sort of media conspiracy here which doesn't exist.
    Well done to the Mirror, not usually known as a hotbed of investigative journalism.
    (I’m not sure I’ve ever said well done to the Mirror before).
  • Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Best of luck, gentlemen.
    AndyJS said:
    Led Today's papers review at 7 and 8am this morning.
  • Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Pulpstar said:

I know someone who does the reverse commute, living in a flat near Euston.
    HYUFD said:

Also good news in Epping where there was a sizeable UKIP vote in 2014 and the main battle in both wards is Tory v LD.

Local LDs are trying to focus on opposition to new homes and the Local Plan and any building on the greenbelt, this will be a distraction for them
    So are they targeting the young remainers wanting houses built, or the older leavers objecting to them?

Or do they think that in an age of instant reactions and social media they can somehow attract both groups simultaneously?
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Nigelb said:

AndyJS said:
    Led Today's papers review at 7 and 8am this morning.
    I know it was in the papers, and if they do a paper review it's going to be on it. They had nothing on their website for a long time and even now there's only a small report.
  • Best of luck chaps.

Look forward to the polling.
    edited March 2018
    Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Also good news in Epping where there was a sizeable UKIP vote in 2014 and the main battle in both wards is Tory v LD.

So are they targeting the young remainers wanting houses built, or the older leavers objecting to them?

Or do they think that in an age of instant reactions and social media they can somehow attract both groups simultaneously?
    In Epping largely the older leavers objecting to them (plus a few families who already own near to the fields where it is proposed the new housing will be built).

Cable's speech May make it harder to attract some of the older Leavers who voted for Brexit and UKIP and were previously in play for them over the Local Plan
    Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

FPT

Well done to the Mirror, not usually known as a hotbed of investigative journalism.
    Indeed.
    No doubt numerous journalists are now, belatedly, following in their footsteps.

Perhaps the point here is that the number of journos doing in depth investigative journalism is far fewer than a decade or so back ?
  • David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    Step one is to run a poll to see which alternative company name is best:

Deltapoll or Delatpoll?
    Survation tables now up.

59% think spending cuts have gone too far and 50.5% want outsourced public sector services returned to the public sector

http://survation.com/labour-lead-7-points-conservatives-survation-gmb-union/
  • MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    edited March 2018

Excellent to see this new polling company being set up. But who is going to pay for the political polling which will be required to feed the model?

I'll be interested to see who their first clients are. Both Twyman and Boon, surely, have a big range of contacts and I wonder if a media switch is in the pipeline. YouGov has the Times while ICM the Guardian.
    Mr. Evershed, I'm sure Deltapoll will have a masterful comprehension of political triangulation. #Greekjokes
    Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

FPT

Indeed.

Perhaps the point here is that the number of journos doing in depth investigative journalism is far fewer than a decade or so back ?
    A decade ago was the MP expenses investigation from the Telegraph. Not they’ve done much since then, it’s pretty much only the Times and the Guardian running serious investigations nowadays.

These things are expensive, put two or three people on something for six months and it’s easily in the six figures, all for a day’s headline.

Mr. Evershed, I'm sure Deltapoll will have a masterful comprehension of political triangulation. #Greekjokes

Can they differentiate between Deltapoll and Delatpoll?

Maths joke.
  • tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,545
    Deltapoll sounds like something I'd quietly pick up in the pharmacy! Good luck though, it sounds an ambitious and expensive venture, but both comments about picking up the emotional aspect of political decision-making and the variation sound sensible.

One question about the emotional side - I've heard it said that 1 in 6 voters make up their minds in the polling station. I've never really believed this. So can I ask - have any posters here ever done that? My only example is that I was going to spoil my ballot for the police commissioner (went to vote for the council) but ending up voting loyally as well there, on a whim.
    edited March 2018
    And for a little further perspective, it's interesting that this (semi-autobiographical) play, which became a popular(ish) film back in the 80's, can't (easily) be staged today:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/theatre/what-to-see/rita-sue-bob-royal-court-theatre-review/

ONLY IN UPPER CASE.
    edited March 2018
    tpfkar said:

Deltapoll sounds like something I'd quietly pick up in the pharmacy! Good luck though, it sounds an ambitious and expensive venture, but both comments about picking up the emotional aspect of political decision-making and the variation sound sensible.

One question about the emotional side - I've heard it said that 1 in 6 voters make up their minds in the polling station. I've never really believed this. So can I ask - have any posters here ever done that? My only example is that I was going to spoil my ballot for the police commissioner (went to vote for the council) but ending up voting loyally as well there, on a whim.

I know of one chap quite a lot older than me who is normally solid Tory but who could not stand Ted Heath and in February 1974 he had decided he was going to vote Labour for the first time but in the voting booth could not do it and voted Tory as usual
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,787

I’m sure Deltapoll will be blindsided by the Southwest.

#AirlineJokes
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,393
    Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

FPT

Indeed.

A decade ago was the MP expenses investigation from the Telegraph. Not they’ve done much since then, it’s pretty much only the Times and the Guardian running serious investigations nowadays.

These things are expensive, put two or three people on something for six months and it’s easily in the six figures, all for a day’s headline.
    Six figures? They spend that on cartoons.
  • rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,881

I'll be interested to see who their first clients are. Both Twyman and Boon, surely, have a big range of contacts and I wonder if a media switch is in the pipeline. YouGov has the Times while ICM the Guardian.
    Presumably this MRP technique thing needs quite large samples for each population group and therefore quite a lot of up-front investment...
    edited March 2018

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

FPT

Indeed.

I missed the story of Matt over the last few days, but if you’ve got a superstar niche performer working for you, whom you know has offers from two major rivals, and your shareholders have made it clear that if he goes you’ll be fired, what are you supposed to do as the editor?

He’s worth every penny the Telegraph pay him, his cartoon must be responsible for literally millions of views on their front page every day.

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

FPT

Indeed.

Which, in Matt’s case, drive daily page views all year round.
    An investigation, maybe a couple of weeks’ if you’re lucky

• CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    edited March 2018

ONLY IN UPPER CASE.
    Is that better or worse than BA’s premium economy?

#AirlineJokes
    edited March 2018
    Chuka Umunna and Anna Soubry write a joint Evening Standard article on how their parties must avoid betraying the Brexit generation
    https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/anna-soubry-and-chuka-umunna-the-brexit-generation-will-never-forgive-our-parties-if-we-fail-a3787531.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true
  • WillieZWillieZ Posts: 2
    MRP modelling? Why is this important?
  • felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    Deltapoll ? Hmmm - which existing company is gonna be first to rename themselves Alphapoll? Might make some sense :)
  • JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400
    HYUFD said:

Chuka Umunna and Anna Soubry write a joint Evening Standard article on how their parties must avoid betraying the Brexit generation
    https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/anna-soubry-and-chuka-umunna-the-brexit-generation-will-never-forgive-our-parties-if-we-fail-a3787531.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

I wonder if Osborne and the Evening Standard will jump ship to Deltapoll? Could be the sort of modern, fanciness that appeals.
    edited March 2018
    JonathanD said:

HYUFD said:

I wonder if Osborne and the Evening Standard will jump ship to Deltapoll? Could be the sort of modern, fanciness that appeals.
    Possibly, they are presently with Ipsos Mori.

If Deltapool's first poll has the electorate full of remorse over Brexit and praying for the return of George Osborne all the more likely!
  • MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,921
    Good luck to Deltapoll!
    New Ipsos-MORI poll on how various ministers (and the EU) are seen to be handling Brexit:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexiteers-boris-johnson-and-michael-gove-given-stinging-verdict-by-brits-according-to-exclusive-new-a3787491.html

Mrs May doing rather well!
  • TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    HYUFD said:

Another 2 trying to downgrade the votes of those over 50 ...

• TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    felix said:

Deltapoll ? Hmmm - which existing company is gonna be first to rename themselves Alphapoll? Might make some sense :)

To really embrace the (dotcom, ok so decades old) zeitgeist they should have called themselves DeltaPoll.
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Mortimer said:

Good luck to Deltapoll!

+1
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    edited March 2018

New Ipsos-MORI poll on how various ministers (and the EU) are seen to be handling Brexit:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexiteers-boris-johnson-and-michael-gove-given-stinging-verdict-by-brits-according-to-exclusive-new-a3787491.html

That's because she is approaching this from the Daoist angle: The Way that can be named is not the true Way.
    edited March 2018

May does best, then Fox, then Rudd.

The Government had a minus 16 rating but the EU does even worse with a minus 28 rating
  • TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    HYUFD said:

The Government had a minus 16 rating but the EU does even worse with a minus 28 rating
    Surely polling Brits on how well the EU is doing is like polling Tories on Jeremy Corbyn: some people think them doing badly is a good thing which confusing the figures.

HYUFD said:

Surely polling Brits on how well the EU is doing is like polling Tories on Jeremy Corbyn: some people think them doing badly is a good thing which confusing the figures.
    Interesting in terms of just approval it is May then Boris then Davis who do best but Boris and Davis have a lower net rating because they have higher disapproval ratings too
    Derek Tapoll. Known as Del to his mates.
    HYUFD said:

As opposed to betraying those who actually voted on 23rd June 2016?
    AndyJS said:
    Isn't that the head-line every party leader wants??????
    TOPPING said:

That's because she is approaching this from the Daoist angle: The Way that can be named is not the true Way.
    I'm a huge fan of May's version of 'Schrodinger's Brexit'. I mean, who really wants to know what's going to happen next year? I suggest that only pedants and dreary tradespeople care. Uncertainty is bracing and builds character.

AndyJS said:
    I think the Lib Dems are just happy to be in the headlines.
  • The trial of Ben Stokes set for 6th of August.

Clashing with the first test against India, and probably the second test too.
  • BaskervilleBaskerville Posts: 391

AndyJS said:
    British politics is now a two horse race… no room for a centrist nag.
    http://www.lifestuff.xyz/blog/third-party-blues

AndyJS said:
    What must LibDems think?

Trounced in 2015, then a sort of so-so recovery, little bit of hope, then crushed out of the limlight again at a time you could drive a bus through the middle ground (if you wanted to) or even a decent shot at the centre left.
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    edited March 2018
    I woke up this morning, feeling round for polls. I got up this morning, feeling round for polls. You know by that, people, I must have got the polling blues.

#MusicJokes

Mr. B, cheers for reposting. I haven't seen any coverage of it on the news whatsoever, which seems bizarre, and don't listen to the radio.

An interesting interview with a remarkably relaxed Aldo Costa for you, Mr.D;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=534&v=zVMiA1PhW_E

There's also this...
    Adrian Newey: "Mercedes is superior in all disciplines. Engine power, fuel consumption, drivability, MGU-H recuperation. You can not make up for that with a better car."

Let's see how Ferrari do.
    edited March 2018
    Mr. B, makes my Bottas bet look nice, but F1 is full of propaganda ahead of a season. And during a season. And after a season. It's a bit like politics, but more competent.

Edited extra bit: interesting vid, cheers for posting. Sounds like more difficulty overtaking.
    edited March 2018
    Nigelb said:

An interesting interview with a remarkably relaxed Aldo Costa for you, Mr.D;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=534&v=zVMiA1PhW_E

There's also this...
    Adrian Newey: "Mercedes is superior in all disciplines. Engine power, fuel consumption, drivability, MGU-H recuperation. You can not make up for that with a better car."

Let's see how Ferrari do.
    Do we think that Mr Newey is somewhat disappointed at the (lack of) progress made by his colleagues at Renault TAG-Heuer over the winter..?

Young Mr Vertappen’s comments about being 3/10ths behind in qualifying making them a good chance for the race also alluded to the lack of a qualifying mode, given the extra enforced reliability of the power units this season.
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,812
    HYUFD said:

Any poll with Fox second tells us only that the respondents don’t have the faintest clue.
    Mr. Sandpit, saw that and reached the same conclusion as you. Probably heard this already, but Renault have overtly said they're focusing on reliability and plan on taking engine penalties later with more (upgraded) engines, which has annoyed Red Bull (which I'm sure Renault are amused rather than worried about).

Mr. Sandpit, saw that and reached the same conclusion as you. Probably heard this already, but Renault have overtly said they're focusing on reliability and plan on taking engine penalties later with more (upgraded) engines, which has annoyed Red Bull (which I'm sure Renault are amused rather than worried about).

Meanwhile, Mercedes ran 1040 laps all on one PU during the testing - as I expected they would. They’ll be turning theirs up in qualifying.
  • MTimT2MTimT2 Posts: 48
    John_M said:

TOPPING said:

I'm a huge fan of May's version of 'Schrodinger's Brexit'. I mean, who really wants to know what's going to happen next year? I suggest that only pedants and dreary tradespeople care. Uncertainty is bracing and builds character.
    Does that mean that Brexit is both dead and alive at the same time?
    MTimT2 said:

John_M said:

TOPPING said:

Depends who you ask.

williamglenn - dead

everybody else on the planet - rude good health
    MTimT2 said:

John_M said:

TOPPING said:

Yes, but I suspect the superposition will collapse as soon as the first Irish citizen crosses the border on March 29th next year...
  • ElliotElliot Posts: 1,516

AndyJS said:
    What must LibDems think?

Trounced in 2015, then a sort of so-so recovery, little bit of hope, then crushed out of the limlight again at a time you could drive a bus through the middle ground (if you wanted to) or even a decent shot at the centre left.
    While Remain-supporting metropolitan types think May has left the middle ground because of Brexit, that's not the view of much of the population. The bulk of lower middle class voters see her as much more centrist than the Osborne-era Tories. She doesn't seem neoliberal.
    Mr. Sandpit, indeed.

Relatively comfortable with the Bottas bet.

HYUFD said:

Any poll with Fox second tells us only that the respondents don’t have the faintest clue.
    "Am I out of touch with public opinion? No, it's the voters that are wrong."
    Caroline Lucas reportedly granted an Urgent Question into the conduct of the Speaker’s Office with regard to sexual harrasment at 15:30 - an hour from now.
    Mr. Sandpit, is that regarding the Telford scandal or events in Parliament?
    Sandpit said:

Caroline Lucas reportedly granted an Urgent Question into the conduct of the Speaker’s Office with regard to sexual harrasment at 15:30 - an hour from now.

"sexual harrasment at 15:30"

I prefer tea and biscuits at that time of day.
    58% of British voters thinking the EU is handling Brexit badly should be a wake up for the Soubrys and Umunnas of the world. I presume they don't think the EU is being too soft.
    edited March 2018
    Sandpit said:

Meanwhile, Mercedes ran 1040 laps all on one PU during the testing - as I expected they would. They’ll be turning theirs up in qualifying.
    Listening to Costa, it seems as though Mercedes were almost surprised by their reliability.

1040 laps is over 15 GP distances at Barcelona. Even factoring in practice and qualifying, that's a lot of laps, especially as they were saying many components were showing no sign of being near their end of life.

As you point out, though, the penalty for taking an extra engine is not so great compared to the benefit of being able to run at full chat every race, so a few such tactical moves from Renault and Ferrari teams wouldn't surprise.

(Having said all that, it wouldn't utterly amaze me were one of the Mercedes to blow up at the first race. F1 is just like that.)
  • logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,669

AndyJS said:
    "Nowadays, the only emotion stirred up by Britain’s erstwhile Third Force is pity ... and few know or care who their leader is. (Clue: He beat me into second place in Twickenham at the 2001 General Election.*)"

Sour grapes?

Have some perspective Mr D - a parliamentary aid being called "love" is way more important than 1,000 schoolgirls being raped.
    Mr. Rentool, well, quite. Comparing media coverage of knee-touching (where the 'victim' really didn't care) in Westminster and a rape gang in Newcastle proves you're right.

Still, thanks goodness Southern and Pettibone have been barred entry to the UK. The nation feels safe again.
  • BaskervilleBaskerville Posts: 391

AndyJS said:
    "Nowadays, the only emotion stirred up by Britain’s erstwhile Third Force is pity ... and few know or care who their leader is. (Clue: He beat me into second place in Twickenham at the 2001 General Election.*)"

Sour grapes?
    Of course, and I do acknowledge that, if you read the whole thing. But that was a long time ago, and it's today that the LibDems and their hapless leader are being squeezed out of the argument.

Sandpit said:

Presumably the one is an opportunity for the other.
    HYUFD said:

I wonder if the Remainers could found a new party, merging with the Lib Dems to do so? Umunna would be a credible PM candidate.
    Mr. Elliot, unlikely. I could see Soubry jumping ship, but Labour defectors tend to be rare. Not to mention, since the election they've been far more obedient to the dear leader (with a few honourable exceptions).
    Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

Listening to Costa, it seems as though Mercedes were almost surprised by their reliability.

1040 laps is over 15 GP distances at Barcelona. Even factoring in practice and qualifying, that's a lot of laps, especially as they were saying many components were showing no sign of being near their end of life.

As you point out, though, the penalty for taking an extra engine is not so great compared to the benefit of being able to run at full chat every race, so a few such tactical moves from Renault and Ferrari teams wouldn't surprise.

(Having said all that, it wouldn't utterly amaze me were one of the Mercedes to blow up at the first race. F1 is just like that.)
    It could be interesting if Ferrari or RB can find a couple of races to take a “tactical” PU change through the season, but decide it now and do it proactively from the start of the season, aiming to run 5 or 6 during the year.

Mercedes are clearly focussed on doing their season on 3 engines per driver, it was 4 last year.

They used 9 PUs last year in total, the only addition being for Lewis in Brazil when he stacked it in qualifying and had to start at the back anyway.
  • kjhkjh Posts: 10,458
    HYUFD said:

tpfkar said:

I know of one chap quite a lot older than me who is normally solid Tory but who could not stand Ted Heath and in February 1974 he had decided he was going to vote Labour for the first time but in the voting booth could not do it and voted Tory as usual
    The only time I didn't vote was for the Police Commissioner. I had planned to spoil my vote as suggested above, but in doing so it would have added to the turnout figure and I decided that the best protest would be to suppress the turnout figure as it was obviously going to be very very low and that was going to be the news headline. It seemed odd to deliberately not vote.
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    tpfkar said:

I usually make up my mind in the polling booth. Sometimes I surprise myself.

Have some perspective Mr D - a parliamentary aid being called "love" is way more important than 1,000 schoolgirls being raped.
    And a bawdy charity dinner is way more important than Harvey Weinstein’s casting couch.
  • MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Sandpit said:

You're getting old. ;)

Mr. T, that's an interesting coincidence. And you're right that it's disgraceful it's not getting more coverage.

If the mainstream doesn't address this, then eventually people will turn to extreme measures. Politics now is a bit grim, but it could become much, much worse if the major political parties fail to address the scandal of widespread child rape because they're worried they'll be accused of racism.
This discussion has been closed.