Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » What LAB needs is a Burnley fan running the leader’s PR

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited April 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » What LAB needs is a Burnley fan running the leader’s PR

What I like about Jeremy Corbyn and Seumas Milne is that they have put the era of spin behind them https://t.co/HYXhePQqp6

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
  • MattWMattW Posts: 18,080
    edited April 2018
    Is it perhaps time for one of those transcript tragicomic plays for North London, based on the various unedited Corbyn and MaoDonnell histories?

We can have Roy McClusterf*ck in the Gods with the puppet controller crossed-sticks, and Jennie Formby playing a melancholy, self-satirical, ukelele.

Can we insert a Springtime for Hitler take-off, based on the PSC?
    Yorkcity said:

kle4 said:

Yorkcity said:

Cyclefree said:

A few comments on Corbyn:-

1. When Corbyn first became a candidate for leader, quite a few raised concerns for precisely the reasons which have become evident in recent days - and were roundly poo-poohed. We were told not to be silly and that Corbyn could not be blamed for whom he happened to be standing next to. Well, as we’ve seen (and as some of us said at the time) he did not “happen” to stand by these people. He chose to do so.

2. The risks for Labour now are two-fold:-

- that more is uncovered which relates to Corbyn directly: what he may have said or done in the past.
    - that there is some violence or atrocity and that there are not many degrees of separation between the perpetrators and the Labour leadership. I fervently hope this does not happen.

It is sad, very sad, that Labour should have come to this.

What is also very worrying that some should be sanguine at the prospect of Holocaust deniers being given a free pass. Quite apart from questions of moral decency, these are people who deny facts - provable facts - and to have such people anywhere near public policy is very worrying.

Who is denying the Holocaust ? I wish someone would name them, their position , then surely it could be dealt with with If they are members of the party , they should be thrown out.
    The near total absence of evidence for this story is its most remarkable feature.
    The whole story or just parts of it? There must be evidence of parts of it, because no way the leader of a party says there is a problem with anti-semitism in their party unless they are certain it exists.
    I appreciate that , but Holocaust deniers , I asked Cyclefree to name them.As I was not aware that was a major problem anywhere to be honest , just a few cranks and an historian , I ever remember.
    Either your space bar is fucked or you had a good lunch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_denial

This could all get gruesomely meta if accusations of holocaust denial denial start being bandied about.
  • I was told by a reliable source the reason for Corbyn closing his facebook account is that he is a member of a vile group that spews the most disgusting views.

He's a member of the facebook group 'Pineapple on pizza lovers'

I was told by a reliable source the reason for Corbyn closing his facebook account is that he is a member of a vile group that spews the most disgusting views.

Hm, how many pizza lovers want pineapple placed on them?
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,670
    Ishmael_Z said:

Yorkcity said:

kle4 said:

Yorkcity said:

Cyclefree said:

1. When Corbyn first became a candidate for leader, quite a few raised concerns for precisely the reasons which have become evident in recent days - and were roundly poo-poohed. We were told not to be silly and that Corbyn could not be blamed for whom he happened to be standing next to. Well, as we’ve seen (and as some of us said at the time) he did not “happen” to stand by these people. He chose to do so.

- that more is uncovered which relates to Corbyn directly: what he may have said or done in the past.
    - that there is some violence or atrocity and that there are not many degrees of separation between the perpetrators and the Labour leadership. I fervently hope this does not happen.

What is also very worrying that some should be sanguine at the prospect of Holocaust deniers being given a free pass. Quite apart from questions of moral decency, these are people who deny facts - provable facts - and to have such people anywhere near public policy is very worrying.

Who is denying the Holocaust ? I wish someone would name them, their position , then surely it could be dealt with with If they are members of the party , they should be thrown out.
    The near total absence of evidence for this story is its most remarkable feature.
    The whole story or just parts of it? There must be evidence of parts of it, because no way the leader of a party says there is a problem with anti-semitism in their party unless they are certain it exists.
    I appreciate that , but Holocaust deniers , I asked Cyclefree to name them.As I was not aware that was a major problem anywhere to be honest , just a few cranks and an historian , I ever remember.

This could all get gruesomely meta if accusations of holocaust denial denial start being bandied about.
    Whole thing would bore the pants off you , f**kwits on both sides talking absolute mince an claiming to be holier than thou. Pathetic.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited April 2018
    Floater said:
    Well as reported by the FT a few days ago, the whole ground upon which the Cambridge Analytica have been accused of doing wrong might not even be true i.e them using "stolen data" or illegally acquired data....it seems that the app the academic deployed had updated T&C shortly after release in which users agree that the owner of the app was free to sell the data collected.

The suggestion is that Facebook used to be super lack and once an app was approved, changes in T&C weren't manually considered.
    edited April 2018
  • RobD said:

I was told by a reliable source the reason for Corbyn closing his facebook account is that he is a member of a vile group that spews the most disgusting views.

Hm, how many pizza lovers want pineapple placed on them?
    I think the term is 'degenerates' not 'lovers'

Well, at least he accepts that Die Hard is a Chanukah movie.

I thought you were going to say Official Radiohead Fan Club...

Floater said:
    Well as reported by the FT a few days ago, the whole ground upon which the Cambridge Analytica have been accused of doing wrong might not even be true i.e them using "stolen data" or illegally acquired data....it seems that the app the academic deployed had updated T&C shortly after release in which users agree that the owner of the app was free to sell the data collected.

The suggestion is that Facebook used to be super lack and once an app was approved, changes in T&C weren't manually considered.
    Oh dear. And the Observer painted those two as heroes exposing a massive fraud.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,957
    MattW said:

Is it perhaps time for one of those transcript tragicomic plays for North London, based on the various unedited Corbyn and MaoDonnell histories?

We can have Roy McClusterf*ck in the Gods with the puppet controller crossed-sticks, and Jennie Formby playing a melancholy, self-satirical, ukelele.

Can we insert a Springtime for Hitler take-off, based on the PSC?

I read that as a Springtime for Hitler bake-off.....
    edited April 2018

For fans of Spurs.

twitter.com/chrisapplegate/status/980494516103901184
    twitter.com/_dogden/status/980505295947526144

Given Chelsea's reputation, I was expecting to see a lot worse.
    edited April 2018
    RobD said:

Floater said:

I mean it does expose Facebook as not taking privacy seriously and the academic still looks a bit dodgy / underhand, however (presuming it is true) CA can quite rightly say we bought this data that was gained via these T&C.

It is most odd how this rather big news has hardly got a mention, in the minor pages of the FT and that's about it. I would have thought it was a rather big aspect of the story, unless those running with it have another agenda....
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    edited April 2018
    Awesome Observer ‘correction’ buried on page whatever, basically saying that their front page splash on Vote Leave and Cambridge Analytica last week was a load of...

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/31/for-the-record-observer-corrections

In two news articles last week (“Revealed: the ties that bound Canadian data firm to Leave campaign in referendum” and “Brexit insider claims Vote Leave team ‘may have broken law’”), we are happy to clarify that we did not intend to suggest that AggregateIQ is a direct part and/or the Canadian branch of Cambridge Analytica, or that it has been involved in the exploitation of Facebook data, or otherwise been involved in any of the alleged wrongdoing made against Cambridge Analytica. Further, we did not intend to suggest that AIQ secretly and unethically co-ordinated with Cambridge Analytica on the EU referendum. We are happy to make clear that AggregateIQ is and has always been 100% Canadian owned and operated.

And, as Dominic Cummings pointed out last week in his blog, the Guardian Facebook App (yes, there’s a Guardian Facebook App) has a long list of Ts and Cs saying that the Guardian will harvest and sell your data and all your friends’ data. The Guardian also host digital marketing courses where they train businesses on the best way to target social media advertising!

https://dominiccummings.com/2018/03/28/on-the-referendum-24d-walter-mitty-cambridge-analytica-facebook-and-the-guardian-observer/
    edited April 2018
    Sandpit said:

Awesome Observer ‘correction’ buried on page whatever, basically saying that their front page splash on Vote Leave and Cambridge Analytica last week was a load of...

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/31/for-the-record-observer-corrections

“In two news articles last week (“Revealed: the ties that bound Canadian data firm to Leave campaign in referendum” and “Brexit insider claims Vote Leave team ‘may have broken law’”), we are happy to clarify that we did not intend to suggest that AggregateIQ is a direct part and/or the Canadian branch of Cambridge Analytica, or that it has been involved in the exploitation of Facebook data, or otherwise been involved in any of the alleged wrongdoing made against Cambridge Analytica. Further, we did not intend to suggest that AIQ secretly and unethically co-ordinated with Cambridge Analytica on the EU referendum. We are happy to make clear that AggregateIQ is and has always been 100% Canadian owned and operated.”

I believe there is a term of for this....now if the Daily Mail or Sun had done this, the BBC would be running a front page story about the scum bag Fake News Right Wing rag having to issue a major correction.

RobD said:

Floater said:

I mean it does expose Facebook as not taking privacy seriously and the academic still looks a bit dodgy / underhand, however (presuming it is true) CA can quite rightly say we bought this data that was gained via these T&C.

It is most odd how this rather big news has hardly got a mention, in the minor pages of the FT and that's about it. I would have thought it was a rather big aspect of the story, unless those running with it have another agenda....
    Didn’t Cadwalladr say it had nothing to do with Leave vs Remain?.... titters.
    RobD said:
    The whole of that thread is a joy.
  • philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    edited April 2018
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Floater said:

Is it beginning to look like Carole Codswallopr is lacking credibility?
  • RobD said:
    The whole of that thread is a joy.
    I'm crying at this one

https://twitter.com/jnickelson15/status/980508790306074624
    Sandpit said:

In two news articles last week (“Revealed: the ties that bound Canadian data firm to Leave campaign in referendum” and “Brexit insider claims Vote Leave team ‘may have broken law’”), we are happy to clarify that we did not intend to suggest that AggregateIQ is a direct part and/or the Canadian branch of Cambridge Analytica, or that it has been involved in the exploitation of Facebook data, or otherwise been involved in any of the alleged wrongdoing made against Cambridge Analytica. Further, we did not intend to suggest that AIQ secretly and unethically co-ordinated with Cambridge Analytica on the EU referendum. We are happy to make clear that AggregateIQ is and has always been 100% Canadian owned and operated.

And, as Dominic Cummings pointed out last week in his blog, the Guardian Facebook App (yes, there’s a Guardian Facebook App) has a long list of Ts and Cs saying that the Guardian will harvest and sell your data and all your friends’ data. The Guardian also host digital marketing courses where they train businesses on the best way to target social media advertising!

https://dominiccummings.com/2018/03/28/on-the-referendum-24d-walter-mitty-cambridge-analytica-facebook-and-the-guardian-observer/

What did you expect from the Guardian? This is the newspaper that goes on and on about tax avoidance, yet used the Cayman Islands to avoid tax. You couldn't make it up.
    edited April 2018
    RobD said:

Sandpit said:

What did you expect from the Guardian? This is the newspaper that goes on and on about tax avoidance, yet used the Cayman Islands to avoid tax. You couldn't make it up.
    They also harvest Facebook user data via their app in exactly the same way as the academic has been accused of doing....
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    RobD said:

Sandpit said:

One of Guido’s elves found the correction in the print edition - buried on Page 50.
    philiph said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Floater said:

Is it beginning to look like Carole Codswallopr is lacking credibility?
    It's certainly looking like the people that underestimated Dominic Cummings in 2016 have indeed doubled down in 2018.

RobD said:

Sandpit said:

They also harvest Facebook user data via their app in exactly the same way as the academic has been accused of doing....
    Guardian/Observer have come out of this looking like a right bunch of.....

RobD said:

Sandpit said:

Somewhere, last weekend, deep in the bowels of The Guardian building, some poor twonk who actually understands this stuff read their moral high-ground, high-horse based "exclusive" about the horrors of secret and unethical collusion on data harvesting, looked at the mass of data that he was paid to harvest and thought "....oh FFS..."

RobD said:

Sandpit said:

Somewhere, last weekend, deep in the bowels of The Guardian building, some poor twonk who actually understands this stuff read their moral high-ground, high-horse based "exclusive" about the horrors of secret and unethical collusion on data harvesting, looked at the mass of data that he was paid to harvest and thought "....oh FFS..."
    You are presuming they have a twonk (I presume that's the layman term for data scientist)...Given they appear to have bugger all idea how to make money, perhaps they harvest all this data and then don't know how to exploit it.

The final straw
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    This Cambridge Analytica stuff is a good example of one of the worst failings of a media. They aren't interested in reporting a story when it turns out not to be as exciting as previously advertised.

it's a conspiracy - someone joined for him and even if he did comment he never read what he was commenting on.
    tlg86 said:

This Cambridge Analytica stuff is a good example of one of the worst failings of a media. They aren't interested in reporting a story when it turns out not to be as exciting as previously advertised.

Well there are legitimate issues, Facebook is as loose as an stereotypical Essex girl with our data...but that is not quite where they want the story to go at the moment.
    edited April 2018
    Floater said:

it's a conspiracy - someone joined for him and even if he did comment he never read what he was commenting on.
    And he has always strongly been against Pineapple on pizza...he has fought for years on the subject of the disgrace of fruit based toppings on pizzas.
    Are the French really rude?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43554165

Yes, next....

Floater said:

And he has always strongly been against Pineapple on pizza...he has fought for years on the subject of the disgrace of fruit based toppings on pizzas.
    and either way supporters of his on here will say there is no evidence, well other than that, and that , oh and that, that and that etc

• oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    Blairites have always been tough on pineapple and tough on the causes of pineapple

Blairites have always been tough on pineapple and tough on the causes of pineapple

I heard it takes less than 7 minutes to make a pizza with pineapple topping
    Floater said:

I read that in a guys PhD thesis...
  • Rexel56Rexel56 Posts: 807
    No fan of the Guardian, and thought their investigation was overblown, but wasn’t their central claim that Vote Leave was directing BeLeave in how they spent their donation and did so in order to circumvent spending limits... the correction published today has nothing to do with that...
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    edited April 2018
    Sun poll on the most liked politicians

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

The most disliked politicians

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5927274/britains-favourite-royal-most-disliked-pop-star-and-top-celeb-revealed-in-new-poll/
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,979
    Tiangong is skirting the upper atmosphere and losing altitude at an increasing rate. It has only two or three more circuits to go. It looks as if it will fall in the south Pacific or south Atlantic but it might just fall on the southern end of South America. It's just about to go over India.

http://www.aerospace.org/CORDSuploads/TiangongStoryboard.png
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 15,543

Yes, next....

At the risk of stereotyping, French are courteous in my experience, somewhat reserved and jealous of their privacy. Maybe a tendency to intellectual arrogance.
  • MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

When newspapers have to print retractions, they should be forced to print them with the same size and spread as the original accusations.

Allege on front cover? Apologise on front cover.

• How about blaming the Home Secretary that changed stop and search?

Whatever happened to her?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/01/theresa-mays-stop-and-search-shake-up-is-costing-lives/
  • TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    HYUFD said:

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5927274/britains-favourite-royal-most-disliked-pop-star-and-top-celeb-revealed-in-new-poll/

How do 69% of people even know who Damien Hinds is????

Did they just tell people he was at the DWP?
  • MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

How about blaming the Home Secretary that changed stop and search?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/01/theresa-mays-stop-and-search-shake-up-is-costing-lives/

Her too.

Floater said:

I read that in a guys PhD thesis...
    Someone should copy that
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,744
    HYUFD said:

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

I know he's not prime Sun fodder, but Jacob Rees Mogg's salience may be somewhat overrated, he doesn't appear on either top or bottom ten.

David Mundell being 8th on the most disliked list is...odd.
    FF43 said:

Yes, next....

At the risk of stereotyping, French are courteous in my experience, somewhat reserved and jealous of their privacy. Maybe a tendency to intellectual arrogance.
    Years ago on holiday on a french campsite my son who has ADHD and was a real live wire managed to ride his bike into a French families car and punch the handlebar through the door.

I had a chat with them and offered to either give them my details so we could sort it out later or write a check there and then and they refused to take anything.

I also had a house in France later and the average French person was fine and as said very polite.

HYUFD said:

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

That is very weird....I doubt most people know who Angela Rayner or Damian Hinds are.
  • maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    edited April 2018
    HYUFD said:

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

Do we really live in a world where anyone likes Angela Rayner, and anyone has heard of Damian Hinds?

Presumably the Sun just found 1000 respondents from the NUT...
  • HYUFD said:

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

Perhaps people confused him with Damian Green?
    FF43 said:

Yes, next....

For avoidance of doubt, I was joking. It is a bit like asking, are the German's really humourless.

twitter.com/hendopolis/status/980547801556844544

The Guardian better watch out.....
  • HYUFD said:

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

That is very weird....I doubt most people know who Angela Rayner or Damian Hinds are.
    Perhaps people like Angela Rayner because she had a child out of wedlock at a very young age.

There's one PBer that is obsessed with that.

HYUFD said:

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

Even then it seems a push.

Maybe they said "Tory" and the confusion was enough.
  • TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

And the community leaders who shout the loudest of Racism.
  • woody662woody662 Posts: 255
    maaarsh said:

HYUFD said:

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

Do we really live in a world where anyone likes Angela Rayner, and anyone has heard of Damian Hinds?

Presumably the Sun just found 1000 respondents from the NUT...
    Kate Osamor is number 10, I've worked in politics for years and literally have no idea who this is. Presumably this is just a poll of teachers.
  • steve_garnersteve_garner Posts: 1,019

Can anyone remind me of which PM did not overrule her?
  • How about blaming the Home Secretary that changed stop and search?

Dave didn't overrule her because she lied to him

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/25/theresa-may-ignored-evidence-stop-and-search-effect-has-criminal/
  • alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    Had to wiki Matthew Hancock as well. What's he done to be so apparently disliked?

HYUFD said:

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

OK we're up to someone maybe 12% of people have heard of

Can't say nowt bad against the Guy,EU referendum he will be remembered for ;-)
  • HYUFD said:

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

OK we're up to someone maybe 12% of people have heard of
    It may be a teacher thing.

Sir Lynton Crosby convinced Dave to move Gove from Education in 2014 because teachers really disliked him and blamed him for the cuts.

Parents really trust teachers, so they accepted their word.

So Hinds is picking up blame for long term issues at Education.
    Historically, no DPP has lasted more than 5 or 6 years.
  • ElliotElliot Posts: 1,516
    London's murder rate has now overtaken the badly segregated New York City. Not good.
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Elliot said:

London's murder rate has now overtaken the badly segregated New York City. Not good.

I was in NYC a few months ago and was amazed by how safe I felt in most of it. Bit of a change from 1990 when there were more than 2,000 murders.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392

HYUFD said:

Top 5

1 Angela Rayner
    =Dennis Skinner
    3 Caroline Lucas
    4 Ken Clarke
    5 Dan Jarvis

Top 5

1 Damian Hinds
    2 Jeremy Hunt
    3 Michael Gove
    4 George Galloway
    5 Matthew Hancock

I know he's not prime Sun fodder, but Jacob Rees Mogg's salience may be somewhat overrated, he doesn't appear on either top or bottom ten.

Well, he's for the members, not normal people.
    SeanT said:

It's a failure by the entire Establishment, left and right, importing criminal migrant communities, failing to police them properly, feebly giving in to accusations of racism. Etc.

Well done everyone. London is now more dangerous than New York. We are ruled by a special class of inept c*nts.
    +1
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074
    Ishmael_Z said:

Yorkcity said:

kle4 said:

Yorkcity said:

Cyclefree said:

I and a number of posters answered this on the previous thread. Google Christine Shawcroft, Alan Bull and the Peterborough Labour party, if you don’t believe me.
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

https://twitter.com/JoshuaRozenberg/status/980549875082432514
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited April 2018
    SeanT said:

It's a failure by the entire Establishment, left and right, importing criminal migrant communities, failing to police them properly, feebly giving in to accusations of racism. Etc.

Well done everyone. London is now more dangerous than New York. We are ruled by a special class of inept c*nts.
    Here's the full list:

http://www.murdermap.co.uk/investigate.asp
    SeanT said:

I was under the impression most knife and gun crime in London came from within the British black community, not immigrants.
    tlg86 said:
    Calling her second-rate would be to overestimate her. My experience of the CPS is that they were absolutely dire. And the disclosure issue is not limited to rape cases in the Crown Court either. It affects cases before the magistrates’ courts: see http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09snj9b.

Worth noting that David Green’s replacement as head of the Serious Fraud Office has not been announced and Green is retiring in 3 weeks.
    edited April 2018
    SeanT said:

Elliot said:

SeanT said:

I was under the impression most knife and gun crime in London came from within the British black community, not immigrants.
    We imported them from the 1960s on. First and second generation black kids are the main perps and victims of these crimes. It's tragic for them, but it is also tragic for the country as a whole. Britain was once renowned for its peaceability, and unusual orderliness.

What a mess. What a fucking disaster multiculti has proved. Just awful.

And where we have led other countries are following. Sweden, Germany, Holland, France.

The West is self harming.
    I don't know if there is opinion polling on this, but it's an issue that is limited to big cities - mostly London. I work in London, but I have absolutely no desire to live there. Yes, it's sad but until it starts happening in Woking, I find it really difficult to care.
    Scott_P said:

https://twitter.com/JoshuaRozenberg/status/980549875082432514
    Linklaters?! Jesus: thank God I’m not paying their bills any more. I wouldn’t pay their rates for someone like Saunders.
    SeanT said:

Elliot said:

SeanT said:

We imported them from the 1960s on. First and second generation black kids are the main perps and victims of these crimes. It's tragic for them, but it is also tragic for the country as a whole. Britain was once renowned for its peaceability, and unusual orderliness.

And where we have led other countries are following. Sweden, Germany, Holland, France.

The Windrush turned up 70 years ago now. I suspect most Afro-Caribbean people are third generation at this point, given lower income groups tend to have children in their mid-20s or below. At what point does this country's educational and policing system take responsibility?
  • brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315
    tlg86 said:

SeanT said:

Elliot said:

SeanT said:

I don't know if there is opinion polling on this, but it's an issue that is limited to big cities - mostly London. I work in London, but I have absolutely no desire to live there. Yes, it's sad but until it starts happening in Woking, I find it really difficult to care.
    Acid attacks have occurred in Kensington. Don't assume because you only visit zone 1 it can't happen to you!
  • TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    Cyclefree said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Yorkcity said:

kle4 said:

Yorkcity said:

Cyclefree said:

I and a number of posters answered this on the previous thread. Google Christine Shawcroft, Alan Bull and the Peterborough Labour party, if you don’t believe me.
    Didn't realise you'd put it in this thread so I'll add it here as well.

Not sure why Guido aren't making more of Christine's holocaust denial or the Peterborough Labour party... seems a bit weak to just accuse them of defending Bull if they are actually guilty of the same crime!!

Also I think the idea was ones who got a free pass as you originally mentioned, which pretty much excludes Bull.
    brendan16 said:

tlg86 said:

SeanT said:

Elliot said:

SeanT said:

Acid attacks have occurred in Kensington. Don't assume because you only visit zone 1 it can't happen to you!
    If I'm not in a rush, I sometimes walk from Holborn to Arsenal for evening kick offs. Perhaps I shouldn't. I'm certainly wary of mopeds and I never have my phone out when I'm on the street.
    Scott_P said:
    Were these allegations made to the police? Are they being investigated by them? The police - rather than a political party - are the right body to be investigating such allegations. It sounds bad but I would like to know more facts.
    SeanT said:

tlg86 said:

SeanT said:

Elliot said:

SeanT said:

I don't know if there is opinion polling on this, but it's an issue that is limited to big cities - mostly London. I work in London, but I have absolutely no desire to live there.
    Northern cities are pretty bad, too. But London has seen a particular surge in violence.

You can see it. Parts of London I have always regarded as benign if poor now feel properly sketchy - like bad hoods in NYC in the 1980s. Something has gone badly wrong.

Immigration is one huge factor. Take Somalians in Camden as one particular example (which I know well from my ex - a Camden policewoman). They are bewildered by western values, family structures fall apart on impact with western life, a lot come from civil war zones ANYWAY and have a tolerance if not desire for violence. A recipe for disaster: my ex said she spent half her time trying to deal with feral Somali boys with knives, drugs and very bad attitudes to women.

What the fuck are they doing here? Do we need Somalians? They were never even in the commonwealth?

Thanks to Freedom of Movement, a lot of Somalis came from hostile Holland, heading over to the UK and London, which they found more "accommodating of Islam".
    You will be pleased to know Somali asylum claims is down to a few hundred each year:

https://www.economist.com/news/britain/21583710-somalis-fare-much-worse-other-immigrants-what-holds-them-back-road-long

(Though I must admit I was surprised that there are about 100k Somalis in the UK - more than Indian Muslims apparently.)
  • another_richardanother_richard Posts: 24,967
    SeanT said:

tlg86 said:

SeanT said:

Elliot said:

SeanT said:

I don't know if there is opinion polling on this, but it's an issue that is limited to big cities - mostly London. I work in London, but I have absolutely no desire to live there.
    Northern cities are pretty bad, too. But London has seen a particular surge in violence.

You can see it. Parts of London I have always regarded as benign if poor now feel properly sketchy - like bad hoods in NYC in the 1980s. Something has gone badly wrong.

Immigration is one huge factor. Take Somalians in Camden as one particular example (which I know well from my ex - a Camden policewoman). They are bewildered by western values, family structures fall apart on impact with western life, a lot come from civil war zones ANYWAY and have a tolerance if not desire for violence. A recipe for disaster: my ex said she spent half her time trying to deal with feral Somali boys with knives, drugs and very bad attitudes to women.

What the fuck are they doing here? Do we need Somalians? They were never even in the commonwealth?

Thanks to Freedom of Movement, a lot of Somalis came from hostile Holland, heading over to the UK and London, which they found more "accommodating of Islam".
    That can't be true.

Alastiar Meeks has told us its all 'xenophobic lies'.
    @SeanT

The establishment must take some of the blame.

In Bradford we have two local pubs that get attacked every bonfire week by a very large Asian mob,what do the police do -Nothing .

The police excuse is it may cause a full blown riot so it sounds like a couple cracked heads won't matter.

This will lead to disorder in the future ,a future where whiteflight is happening.
    SeanT said:

Elliot said:

SeanT said:

tlg86 said:

SeanT said:

Elliot said:

SeanT said:

You will be pleased to know Somali asylum claims is down to a few hundred each year:

https://www.economist.com/news/britain/21583710-somalis-fare-much-worse-other-immigrants-what-holds-them-back-road-long

(Though I must admit I was surprised that there are about 100k Somalis in the UK - more than Indian Muslims apparently.)
    As I say, many came from Holland and elsewhere in the EU, under Free Movement, and there was nowt we could do

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/1479533/Frustrated-Somalis-flee-Holland-for-the-freedom-of-Britain.html

A calamity. Reason for Brexit number 5718
    Still, immigrants, on the whole, are a lot less likely to commit crime than white British people. My parents are Iranian immigrants and British Iranians barely commit any crime at all. I suspect that is because we are mainly highly educated people from urban backgrounds.
  • another_richardanother_richard Posts: 24,967
    From Guido's expose:

' “We used the data that 3.2 million people consented to give away after signing up for the Guardian app,” Kale explains, “and we targeted our propaganda to the three key Remain indicators: people who liked Bob Geldof, soy milk and the CBI on Facebook”. '

https://order-order.com/2018/04/01/remain-campaign-whistleblower-reveals-they-cheated-and-still-lost/#disqus_thread
This discussion has been closed.