Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Moggsy edges up to a new high in the next CON leader betting

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited April 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Moggsy edges up to a new high in the next CON leader betting

class=”alignnone size-large wp-image-102509″ />

Read the full story here

Comments

• No, no, just no.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,956
    edited April 2018
    It'll be anyone but Boris and JRM.

Thanks to the Tory party's quasi AV voting system for leader, MPs can stop them reaching the final two
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    Apparently the wife of the bloke who stabbed the intruder has dementia. PR nightmare if they decide to charge him with anything.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,725
    I think that poll says more about ConHome and its - ahem - shall we say charitably less realistic membership than it does about the actual chances of some of those figures.
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535

Thanks to the Tory party's quasi AV voting system for leader, MPs can stop them reaching the final two

Thank God for the unfairness of Conservative election rules!
  • Apparently the wife of the bloke who stabbed the intruder has dementia. PR nightmare if they decide to charge him with anything.

Even the CPS cannot screw this up, can they?

Apparently the wife of the bloke who stabbed the intruder has dementia. PR nightmare if they decide to charge him with anything.

This is the CPS we are talking about...
  • ydoethur said:

I think that poll says more about ConHome and its - ahem - shall we say charitably less realistic membership than it does about the actual chances of some of those figures.

In the past ConHome used to say their polls were checked against YouGov data to ensure they were getting a representative sample.

They haven't said that for months.

I know what I'll infer from that.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,706
    Given the likely alternative of Mogg or Boris I expect many Tory MPs will try and keep May as long as possible
  • I know we've all been following St Dan Hodges live tweeting as he's been stuck on a train today for hours and the ongoing rescue.... it turns out this is because he voted Tory...

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/981878889365626880

https://twitter.com/markiepants/status/981880886277955584

https://twitter.com/markiepants/status/981877667128578049
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,951
    Moggster for PM. Just for the craic....

Just as Tory MPs successfully stopped IDS and Leadsom getting to the final 2?

It is very difficult to see anything but a PR nightmare and an acquittal if they charge him with anything including affray.

Martin was a fair enough cop. He was using an illegal shotgun, the burglar was both unarmed and running away therefore no threat, and he had repeatedly said he would use violence. Although the burglar shouldn't have been there Martin's defence was to say the least shaky.

Here we have somebody in his late seventies struggling with an armed (admittedly not well-armed, but still a screwdriver is potentially lethal) burglar in his own house. The burglar gets stabbed. That's just karma.

Unless the survivor rang at him with a machete yelling threats, Plod are almost certainly going to drop the case (unless the investigating officer is even more useless than Cressida Dick).
  • The odds on WRM are a bit bonkers. The fact ConHome surveys are non-scientific isn't the main issue. The main issue is that WRM has to make the top two even to get to the membership, and I honestly don't see the route for him.
    edited April 2018
    ydoethur said:

Given ConHome predicted the 2005 Tory leadership result and Cameron's victory almost to the exact percentage based on its survey of readers who were Tory members I would not be so sure of that
  • ydoethur said:

Very true
  • Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    That chart right there is the reason why May will still be leader at the next election.

We have a whole load more of these sorts of media appearances to look forward to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vZZjD3p9K4
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392
    Softy Jacob v Boris the Menace

Other hybrid comic character / politicians are available.

ydoethur said:

In the past ConHome used to say their polls were checked against YouGov data to ensure they were getting a representative sample.

Representative of what? The electorate, the membership, ConHome readers or soem other sample?

I don't think Mogg will even stand, but if he did he has very little chance of reaching the final two.
  • ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Representative of what? The electorate, the membership, ConHome readers or soem other sample?

I don't think Mogg will even stand, but if he did he has very little chance of reaching the final two.
    Representative of Tory Party members.
    HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

Given ConHome predicted the 2005 Tory leadership result and Cameron's victory almost to the exact percentage based on its survey of readers who were Tory members I would not be so sure of that
    It has changed a very great deal in those 13 years. It is now considerably to the right of the party as a whole (partly because the party moved to the centre under Cameron).

So I'm happy to be sure of it even if you aren't.
  • TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387

No, but the police might.

We need to form a clear view of what happened. Obviously I do not expect that to be made in public.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    Lay the favourite
    Lay the second favourite
    Lay the third favourite too.
  • AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487
    Jacob Rees-Mogg – lord help us.
  • HYUFD said:

When IDS got it, they weren't trying to stop him - they were trying to stop Portillo, and did so successfully. Nor were they trying to stop Leadsom, who exposed herself as an utterly unsuitable fruitcake really only after the MP votes.

The point isn't that Tory MPs are incredibly wise. The point is that if there are a very large number of "anyone but [insert name here]" MPs out there, it's a huge problem for that person. And that's the position with WRM, in my view.
  • Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    ydoethur said:

It is very difficult to see anything but a PR nightmare and an acquittal if they charge him with anything including affray.

Martin was a fair enough cop. He was using an illegal shotgun, the burglar was both unarmed and running away therefore no threat, and he had repeatedly said he would use violence. Although the burglar shouldn't have been there Martin's defence was to say the least shaky.

Here we have somebody in his late seventies struggling with an armed (admittedly not well-armed, but still a screwdriver is potentially lethal) burglar in his own house. The burglar gets stabbed. That's just karma.

Unless the survivor rang at him with a machete yelling threats, Plod are almost certainly going to drop the case (unless the investigating officer is even more useless than Cressida Dick).
    Not Plod's call, I believe, now that we have a CPS.

Bear in mind that Alison remains in post till October. Until we know how all the parties involved self-identify on race/gender/orientation issues, it's a difficult call to make.

No, but the police might.

We need to form a clear view of what happened. Obviously I do not expect that to be made in public.
    Well we know they make sensible decisions....

A police male voice choir is changing its name and distancing itself from its force after being told it went against equal opportunities policies.

Derbyshire Constabulary Male Voice Choir was asked to become a mixed-voice group in September last year. But chairman Kevin Griffiths said it would be "difficult" to hire the 50 women needed to balance the sound.

Derbyshire Police chief constable Peter Goodman said the group was "incompatible" with force policies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-43646802
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,812

The odds on WRM are a bit bonkers. The fact ConHome surveys are non-scientific isn't the main issue. The main issue is that WRM has to make the top two even to get to the membership, and I honestly don't see the route for him.

Now there’s an idea. William Rees-Mogg for PM. Perhaps he was cryogenically frozen.

Who breaks a Brexit-loon upon a wheel?
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

It has changed a very great deal in those 13 years. It is now considerably to the right of the party as a whole (partly because the party moved to the centre under Cameron).

So I'm happy to be sure of it even if you aren't.
    Given UKIP has collapsed since and many of their members moved to the Tory Party and a number of Cameroons have left and given the Tory membership elected IDS again I would not be so sure of that
    If May lasts until 2021, it seems near certain we will have a new Foreign Secretary (surely even Boris can't survive this level of bungling for ever) and eminently possible we will have a new Chancellor.

The people promoted to those roles will be the ones to watch - as with Major and Hurd in 1990. But as yet we don't know who they will be so all else is very speculative.

I wouldn't risk money on the 'next Tory leader/next PM market' at the moment. Too many unknown unknowns.
  • World cups and Olympics etc are subcontracted by governing bodies as kudos for the hosting nation. For example think of 1966 and all that, think how this nation felt when we won vote to host olympics and when the olympics were on here. Why are we minded today to give Putins regime that kudos?

I know the government takes note of discussions on here, I am trying to help them come across as proactive rather than reactive. By thinking ahead to the time the anger and the need to respond to Putins crime against us, and the Putin regime still taking piss out of us on a daily basis just like everyday this week, or relations maybe even worse, whilst we are actually attending his World Cup party? It’s political madness to think we can still go party there and put ourselves in that silly situation.

Also, After a series of polling and voodoo phone polls the government will be seen to be reacting rather than leading. So act now. Calm proactive pull out ahead of any polling will seem more principled in the long run, and allow FA more time to make alternative arrangements.
    Ishmael_Z said:

ydoethur said:

Bear in mind that Alison remains in post till October. Until we know how all the parties involved self-identify on race/gender/orientation issues, it's a difficult call to make.
    Police could drop the charges, the CPS can only prosecute charges.
    Ishmael_Z said:

ydoethur said:

I was thinking more the police might not send them a file in this case, and would simply stop investigating.
  • Anazina said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg – lord help us.

He does have direct contact I believe
  • Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

The odds on WRM are a bit bonkers. The fact ConHome surveys are non-scientific isn't the main issue. The main issue is that WRM has to make the top two even to get to the membership, and I honestly don't see the route for him.

Now there’s an idea. William Rees-Mogg for PM. Perhaps he was cryogenically frozen.

At that level of poshness Christian names are pretty fluid. Who's to say Jacob will not take the regnal name William when He ascends to His rightful place?
  • Asking for a friend who backed Jeremy Hunt at prices of 100/1 plus and stands to win a nice five figure sum when he does become PM.

Hunt is now 21s on Betfair, do I start to lay some of my stakes? Or should I wait for his price to fall a bit more, if so, what odds?
  • ydoethur said:

I'm not part of the hang 'em and flog 'em brigade, but any scrote who breaks into a home and is interupted by the homeowner is fair game for a shoeing in my book. Chasing them down and shooting them in the back might be a little on the extreme side, but having been burgled twice, I can understand the temptation.
    Let us not forget Boris and Mogg topped the last BMG poll amongst the public in February as to who should succeed May let alone Tory party members

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-best-prime-minister-second-favourite-best-prime-minister-exclusive-new-poll-the-a8205521.html
    Ishmael_Z said:

At that level of poshness Christian names are pretty fluid. Who's to say Jacob will not take the regnal name William when He ascends to His rightful place?
    I was hoping he would announce Annunziata as his name.

With that I have to go out. Have a good afternoon everyone.
  • Ishmael_Z said:

ydoethur said:

Nah, the CPS make the charging decision.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/publication/decision-charge
    HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Under Theresa the Tories have very much become the party of caravan holidays and jumble sales. It's no surprise that London - a city of edginess, ambition and vim - should see them as dull and irrelevant or even a touch morbid. These days I can barely picture a Tory who wouldn't partake in tea dancing.

Though West London is still largely Tory
    Absolute rubbish. The vast majority of West London is Labour. I think you are mistaking West London with South West London!

This is easily verifiable by simply searching google.

https://goo.gl/images/c3AqPf
    The posher bits of West London, Westminster, the City, Chelsea, Putney, Fulham, Richmond Park, Hillingdon etc are still largely Tory.

It is East London, North London up to the Essex border and with the exception of Barnet with its high Jewish population and South London up to the Kent border which are now overwhelmingly Labour
    It's amazing the lengths you go to to avoid admitting an error. Just admit you are wrong man, it won't hurt you! People will respect you for it. Let's unpack this response, one by one. The map I posted clearly shows that WEST London is a Labour area.

Westminster [parts of it are Tory, Westminster North is Labour]
    the City [this in in East Central London, not West London]
    Chelsea [this is South West London, the clue is in the postcode, SW3]
    Putney [south of the river, South West 15, and only just Tory by a tiny majority anyway]
    Fulham [South West 6]
    Richmond Park [in the far SW of the capital, again south of the water]
    Hillingdon etc [some parts of it are Tory, not all by any means]
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,750
    ydoethur said:

I am really struggling to see how this is not self defence.
    edited April 2018

HYUFD said:

When IDS got it, they weren't trying to stop him - they were trying to stop Portillo, and did so successfully. Nor were they trying to stop Leadsom, who exposed herself as an utterly unsuitable fruitcake really only after the MP votes.

The point isn't that Tory MPs are incredibly wise. The point is that if there are a very large number of "anyone but [insert name here]" MPs out there, it's a huge problem for that person. And that's the position with WRM, in my view.
    In every leadership election since 2001 when members first had a vote the Eurosceptic right has had a candidate in the final 2, IDS, Davis and Leadsom after the MPs vote to put to Tory members.

It will be no different next time in all likelihood
  • Heard it all now - Sky news saying to the Russian Ambassador 'Isn't Boris Johnson correct on this'
    Sandpit said:

Lay the favourite
    Lay the second favourite
    Lay the third favourite too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWz88VY-FkA
    DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

On the defence account, yes. But that is the defence account.
  • ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

That would be confusing. That's his sister's name.

Interesting lady, nearly became an MP herself in 2010, would have in 2015 if she had stood again.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

Agreed. But when is the appropriate time for him to make that defence, in court surely?

Ishmael_Z said:

ydoethur said:

Nah, the CPS make the charging decision.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/publication/decision-charge
    OK then, I mean do not "submitted the case for prosecution".
    edited April 2018
    Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Under Theresa the Tories have very much become the party of caravan holidays and jumble sales. It's no surprise that London - a city of edginess, ambition and vim - should see them as dull and irrelevant or even a touch morbid. These days I can barely picture a Tory who wouldn't partake in tea dancing.

Absolute rubbish. The vast majority of West London is Labour. I think you are mistaking West London with South West London!

The posher bits of West London, Westminster, the City, Chelsea, Putney, Fulham, Richmond Park, Hillingdon etc are still largely Tory.

It is East London, North London up to the Essex border and with the exception of Barnet with its high Jewish population and South London up to the Kent border which are now overwhelmingly Labour
    It's amazing the lengths you go to to avoid admitting an error. Just admit you are wrong man, it won't hurt you! People will respect you for it. Let's unpack this response, one by one. The map I posted clearly shows that WEST London is a Labour area.

Putney [south of the river, South West 15, and only just Tory by a tiny majority anyway]
    Fulham [South West 6]
    City of London and Westminster Tory MP. Westminster Council Tory Council.
    Chelsea Tory MP and Tory Council in Kensington and Chelsea.
    Fulham Tory MP.

All those areas make up the West Central London Assembly seat which is also Tory so I was correct to say West London was mainly Tory still even if you just confine it to central West London
  • Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Interesting lady, nearly became an MP herself in 2010, would have in 2015 if she had stood again.
    Didn't David Cameron ask her to change her name in 2010 because he thought her real one looked too posh?
  • Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,007
    In the interests of offering a moderate centre-right leader that can credibly strip votes from and stop Corbyn in GE2022, I’d support Hunt if he can rehabilitate his public profile.

I rather like JRM but I don’t think he’s the answer for next PM, and he’s the only Tory politician named impromptu by my colleagues on the left/centre-left for anyone but.
    Danny565 said:

That chart right there is the reason why May will still be leader at the next election.

We have a whole load more of these sorts of media appearances to look forward to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vZZjD3p9K4

That is horrific.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,049

World cups and Olympics etc are subcontracted by governing bodies as kudos for the hosting nation. For example think of 1966 and all that, think how this nation felt when we won vote to host olympics and when the olympics were on here. Why are we minded today to give Putins regime that kudos?

I know the government takes note of discussions on here, I am trying to help them come across as proactive rather than reactive. By thinking ahead to the time the anger and the need to respond to Putins crime against us, and the Putin regime still taking piss out of us on a daily basis just like everyday this week, or relations maybe even worse, whilst we are actually attending his World Cup party? It’s political madness to think we can still go party there and put ourselves in that silly situation.

Also, After a series of polling and voodoo phone polls the government will be seen to be reacting rather than leading. So act now. Calm proactive pull out ahead of any polling will seem more principled in the long run, and allow FA more time to make alternative arrangements.

Nah. I've got my tickets and hotels booked :)

The really good way to annoy Putin is to Remain in the EU, on the condition of accelerated Ukranian membership.
    Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

Agreed. But when is the appropriate time for him to make that defence, in court surely?
    For it to get to court, the prosecution must be able to put forward a series of events in which was not self-defence and have some basis for doing so.
    Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

No, the prosecuting authority has to decide that there are reasonable prospects of a conviction.

Its a bit different for the police and I think people are getting a bit confused. It is standard to make an arrest when there has been a violent death. It means if things turn out to be materially different from what you expected things the accused have said to you are admissible, searches of his person are justified etc. It does not by any means mean that the person is going to ever face a court.
  • Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited April 2018
    ConHome is not representative of the party, it's a self-select voodoo poll, it's an academic question at the moment anyway, the leadership is not decided by a first-past-the-post poll of members, MPs will play sophisticated games in the first stages, there will be hustings which may well change perceptions, we don't know when the context will take place, we don't know who will be standing, lots of events will intervene, and the crucial question isn't 'who do you want?' but 'who do you definitely NOT want?'.

Other than that, a useful poll.
  • ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Didn't David Cameron ask her to change her name in 2010 because he thought her real one looked too posh?
    Yup, told her to call herself Nancy Rees-Mogg, but only as a joke.

It was to do with fitting her name on the ballot paper after she had revealed when she was a journalist they had to use a smaller font to fit her name on the article.
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Is there any evidence Jacob Rees Mogg wouldn't be popular with voters?
    HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.

All those areas make up the West Central London Assembly seat which is also Tory so I was correct to say West London was mainly Tory still even if you just confine it to central West London
    No you were completely wrong to say that. The map clearly shows that that West London, i.e. that part of London that is in the west of the city and has a W postcode is overwhelmingly Labour. Why not just concede the point for once instead of dancing on ever decreasing pinheads?

Heard it all now - Sky news saying to the Russian Ambassador 'Isn't Boris Johnson correct on this'

Russia are just trolling.

There must be a lot of Rubles being handed over every night on when Corbyn is going to face the inevitable.

"Wait, wait, we'll say it was Porton Down and Corbyn will still be backing us" (general laughter). "I know, I know, we'll say it was the Americans, that always presses his buttons". Etc, etc.
    Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.

No you were completely wrong to say that. The map clearly shows that that West London, i.e. that part of London that is in the west of the city and has a W postcode is overwhelmingly Labour. Why not just concede the point for once instead of dancing on ever decreasing pinheads?
    Do not bother trying to argue with HYUFD. He is a notorious troll.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,049
    AndyJS said:

He does have intelligence, wit and charisma, as well as the support of my Uncle on the Isle of Wight.

I could see him being popular, though perhaps not everywhere.
  • Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    And so it came to pass that Moses went to Pharaoh in Egypt and said: “My people are slaves; they are held in bondage and forced to labour in terrible conditions.” And he said to Pharaoh: “Let my people go.”

And Pharaoh said: “How dare you accuse me of slavery. This is a vile smear. I have been an anti-slaver all my life. I would not tolerate slavery in my country.” And Moses said: “Well, what about those slaves over there?” And Pharaoh replied: “Well OK, there may be pockets of slavery but the idea that Egypt has a systemic problem with it is frankly offensive.”

https://www.ft.com/content/825b2518-38b3-11e8-8b98-2f31af407cc8
    AndyJS said:

The fact that he’s a complete berk?
    We do not need stand-up comedians for Prime Minister. Look what happens when you appoint one to Foreign Secretary.

Caligula was a better judge of character than May...

ConHome is not representative of the party, it's a self-select voodoo poll, it's an academic question at the moment anyway, the leadership is not decided by a first-past-the-post poll of members, MPs will play sophisticated games in the first stages, there will be hustings which may well change perceptions, we don't know when the context will take place, we don't know who will be standing, lots of events will intervene, and the crucial question isn't 'who do you want?' but 'who do you definitely NOT want?'.

Other than that, a useful poll.

The answer to your last question is unfortunately rather lengthy.
  • And so it came to pass that Moses went to Pharaoh in Egypt and said: “My people are slaves; they are held in bondage and forced to labour in terrible conditions.” And he said to Pharaoh: “Let my people go.”

And Pharaoh said: “How dare you accuse me of slavery. This is a vile smear. I have been an anti-slaver all my life. I would not tolerate slavery in my country.” And Moses said: “Well, what about those slaves over there?” And Pharaoh replied: “Well OK, there may be pockets of slavery but the idea that Egypt has a systemic problem with it is frankly offensive.”

Brilliant

And so it came to pass that Moses went to Pharaoh in Egypt and said: “My people are slaves; they are held in bondage and forced to labour in terrible conditions.” And he said to Pharaoh: “Let my people go.”

Brilliant
    The rest is pretty funny as well.

ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Yup, told her to call herself Nancy Rees-Mogg, but only as a joke.

It was to do with fitting her name on the ballot paper after she had revealed when she was a journalist they had to use a smaller font to fit her name on the article.
    Just plain Nancy Mogg, IIRC.

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.

He is a Tory politician in Essex too.

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.

Or just someone who does not take your diehard Remainer line!
    Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.

Because you are wrong. Even when I have shown you the West Central London Assembly area is majority Tory and has a Tory Assembly member you persist in saying West London is overwhelmingly Labour
  • And so it came to pass that Moses went to Pharaoh in Egypt and said: “My people are slaves; they are held in bondage and forced to labour in terrible conditions.” And he said to Pharaoh: “Let my people go.”

Brilliant
    The rest is pretty funny as well.
    It is
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,742
    Anazina said:

Why not just concede the point for once instead of dancing on ever decreasing pinheads?

You're new here aren't you..
    HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.

Another Remainer who doesn't think Die Hard the perfect Christmas movie?
    Anazina said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.

He needs to spend less time on pinheads and more time on potholes.

Asking for a friend who backed Jeremy Hunt at prices of 100/1 plus and stands to win a nice five figure sum when he does become PM.

Hunt is now 21s on Betfair, do I start to lay some of my stakes? Or should I wait for his price to fall a bit more, if so, what odds?

I'd suggest your friend waits. The market is currently artificially skewed towards the two favourites, one of whom has barely any chance and the other of whom has probably missed the boat.
    HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

BLAH

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.

Because you are wrong. Even when I have shown you the West Central London Assembly area is majority Tory and has a Tory Assembly member you persist in saying West London is overwhelmingly Labour
    For crying out loud, buy a compass before you bother me again.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/LondonParliamentaryConstituency2017Results3.png

Anazina said:

Why not just concede the point for once instead of dancing on ever decreasing pinheads?

You're new here aren't you..
    Feeling older by the minute :)
  • Asking for a friend who backed Jeremy Hunt at prices of 100/1 plus and stands to win a nice five figure sum when he does become PM.

I'd suggest your friend waits. The market is currently artificially skewed towards the two favourites, one of whom has barely any chance and the other of whom has probably missed the boat.
    Cheers.
  • I'm in JRM @ 57/1 for next CON leader for the price of a pint.
    Is it worth laying off or hanging on in case he drifts in further?
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

AndyJS said:

The fact that he’s a complete berk?
    We do not need stand-up comedians for Prime Minister. Look what happens when you appoint one to Foreign Secretary.

Caligula was a better judge of character than May...
    A lot of people thought Mrs Thatcher was a complete berk in about 1975.
    AndyJS said:

He's weirdly popular with non-Tory politicians who you would expect to be at his throat. Maybe he's the opposite political pole to Corbyn - both attractively eccentrically English in their own way to many.

It's just that The Moggster collects children rather than man-hole covers....

I'm in JRM @ 57/1 for next CON leader for the price of a pint.

Lay off

Brilliant
    Very funny. Also liked:

"So Pharaoh’s supporters organised a counter demonstration by a group called Jews for Slavery, which Pharaoh said represented a legitimate strand of opinion within the Jewish community. Jews for Slavery insisted there was no slavery in Egypt because the slaves were happy to work for a Pharaoh who was a man of peace who worked for the oppressed masses and had been an anti-slaver all his life."

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.
    BLAH
    And their no street lighting policy.

Although, as been proven again today, he likes to keep people in the dark.
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Do either of them have PCP bases? I'd guess most MPs have been put off Boris by his overweening ambition (sadly, not matched by overwhelming competence). I'm sure Mogg will have some on the right on his side, but they must be wary, surely, of having such an old-fashioned fellow as leader?
    Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

BLAH

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.

For crying out loud, buy a compass before you bother me again.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/LondonParliamentaryConstituency2017Results3.png
    8 Tory MPs in West Greater London even on that link you have given me.

Again hardly 'overwhelmingly Labour'

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

It's amazing the lengths you go to to avoid admitting an error. t's unpack this response, e is in the postcode, SW3]
    Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.

Another Remainer who doesn't think Die Hard the perfect Christmas movie?
    Sadly so!
  • Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,007
    DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

The Met’s sympathies probably lie with the burglar.

I'm in JRM @ 57/1 for next CON leader for the price of a pint.

Lay off
    I agree.

I do not expect him to get past 4/1, at best, until a leadership election has been called.

Good afternoon, everyone.

Do either of them have PCP bases? I'd guess most MPs have been put off Boris by his overweening ambition (sadly, not matched by overwhelming competence). I'm sure Mogg will have some on the right on his side, but they must be wary, surely, of having such an old-fashioned fellow as leader?

In relation to the first part of the MPs' selection process, there are two types of people:
    1. Those people who know they know nothing; and
    2. Those people who do not know they know nothing.

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

The Met’s sympathies probably lie with the burglar.
    Well, they are totally committed to cracking down on knife crime, after all.
    Anazina said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.
    BLAH
    No you were completely wrong to say that. The map clearly shows g on ever decreasing pinheads?

We are getting more police in Essex and there has been no rise in crime at the time street lights have been switched off
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Also, in the Vanilla forums, the buttons at the top have become invisible for me (but they still exist, just to the right of the still-visible username at the top).
    HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.
    BLAH
    No you were completely wrong to say that. The map clearly shows g on ever decreasing pinheads?

We are getting more police in Essex and there has been no rise in crime at the time street lights have been switched off
    At least that anyone could see.
    Our Saviour Lord Adonis descents from the mount, with some new divine truth to share with us all, to complement his previous inspired wisdom on:
    1. History
    2. Archaeology
    3. Law
    4. Transport policy
    5. Religion
    6. The workings of the Labour Party
    7. The workings of other parties
    8. Journalism
    9. [... that's enough, Ed.]
    HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Anazina said:

HYUFD said:

Fulham [South West 6]
    Fulham Tory MP.
    BLAH

Save it for your leaflets. Few of us can vote for you. None of us *would* vote for you.
This discussion has been closed.