Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » May sees a huge drop in her YouGov leader ratings in three mon

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited July 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » May sees a huge drop in her YouGov leader ratings in three months

The chart above sets it out clearly the dramatic collapse that Mrs May has seen in her YouGov Well/Badly leader ratings since the start of April.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,765

But, oddly enough, no great change in voting intentions.
  • OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    Theresa May's problems are entirely of her own making.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,969
    Gordon Brown during the election that never was saw his ratings collapse like Emperor’s best legion against the Ewoks on the Forest Moon of Endor.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789
    FPT

Brexit destroys all it touches.

I think you've been touched by Brexitmania Mrs C.

Outside PB most people don't give a toss about the details, they just want us to get on with it and are perfectly able to lead their lives without obsessing.
    Beverley said that Brexit destroys all it touches. Your observation simply confirms that most people have not yet been touched by it.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    Sean_F said:

There's been a definite drop in the Tory share. May's parliamentary majority* is slender enough as it is

*(Tories + DUP)
    I see Jeremy Hunt is using my line on No Deal.
  • AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,559

FPT

Brexit destroys all it touches.

I think you've been touched by Brexitmania Mrs C.

Outside PB most people don't give a toss about the details, they just want us to get on with it and are perfectly able to lead their lives without obsessing.
    Beverley said that Brexit destroys all it touches. Your observation simply confirms that most people have not yet been touched by it.
    it's gruts for tea again
  • Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

He said we'd be pounded like a dockside hooker?
  • SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    On the other hand, May is very unlikely going to be leader at the next GE. Corbyn is very likely to be leader.....
  • grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    Sean_F said:

Leadership approvals tend to be a leading indicator.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789

On the other hand, May is very unlikely going to be leader at the next GE. Corbyn is very likely to be leader.....

Hypothetically, a referendum convincingly won by Remain would leave Corbyn looking very much like yesterday's man.

Give it time.

https://twitter.com/jeremy_hunt/status/1021361171960606722?s=21
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Probably cock-up rather than conspiracy, but this is gorgeous:

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1021389572129853440
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    Just been reading that BA are trialling new seats in club class, finally. They've fallen so far behind the competition I was reconsidering my annual points drive to keep my gold status. Hopefully they will update all of their routes with the new seating plan and new seats.
  • david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,401
    I’ve been following these ratings for years and cannot recall a fall by such a large amount over such a short period for any leader.

Not quite the same, but May's favourability rating dropped from +10 to -34 over the course of the 2017 General Election campaign.
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,979
    Pulpstar said:

Sean_F said:

There's been a definite drop in the Tory share. May's parliamentary majority* is slender enough as it is

*(Tories + DUP)
    Adding the latest YouGov poll to the EMA makes Labour 0.4% ahead.

Tories 35 short of a majority, losing 27 seats to Labour.

Con 291
    Lab 281
    LD 16
    Green 1
    PC 3
    SNP 40
    NI 18

It's interesting that on the Betfair market for most seats, both Lab and Con are odds against.
    "Any Other" excl Lab, Con and LD is at 27-32 i.e. 3%+ chance. What is this?
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Good afternoon, everyone.

May's a political antithesis of Alexander the Great or Hannibal. Faces a seemingly insurmountable object, and manages to still make it look bad when she fails to surmount it.
  • Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    FPT:

Things mess your life all the time, usually after you've voted. Mostly we're just not aware of it or don't make a fuss.

The biggest things to mess with my life have been pension changes and the was bugger all I could do about it.

Pension changes are always a pain. I have not found enjoyable myself :D

Anyway, you have reminded I need to write to my pension company....

Byyyyyeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,772
    Makes the thread header look like a minor bump in the road doesn’t it?

Eventually even she had to choose. That was always going to cost such a compromise candidate dear.
  • GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,072
    Just watched a ridiculous advert for 'Dabbl' (an investment app it seems) which features an animated Karl Marx who receives an unwanted phone call from a 'Jeremy'. Quite amusing.
    Pulpstar said:

Sean_F said:

*(Tories + DUP)
    A drop, but only from about 42% to 38%, and Labour are basically unchanged.
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    twitter.com/andreajenkyns/status/1021298733462499328
    Relatively sharp fall in Corbyn’s stock as well, if overshadowed. And our third national leader can’t even turn up for an important, close vote. We are not well served.
    edited July 2018
    The Dutch foreign minister has made some very controversial remarks about multiculturalism:

"Peaceful multicultural societies don't exist, Dutch FM says"

https://nltimes.nl/2018/07/18/peaceful-multicultural-societies-dont-exist-dutch-fm-says

"The Netherlands’ foreign minister has been criticised for saying he knew of no peaceful multicultural societies and calling Suriname, a former Dutch colony, a “failed state”.
    Stef Blok, a member of the ruling VVD centre-right party, made the comments about migration and multiculturalism at a closed-door meeting of international organisations in The Hague last week.
    “Give me an example of a multi-ethnic or a multicultural society, in which the original population still lives and where there is a peaceful cohabitation. I don’t know one,” Mr Blok said, according to a leaked recording of his address that was broadcast on Dutch television on Thursday."

https://www.ft.com/content/2892637c-8aa5-11e8-bf9e-8771d5404543

the labour leadership might not be anti-semitic themselves. but they're doing avery good job of looking like it.

edited July 2018
    F1: Leclerc possibly off to Haas, so sayeth Ted Kravitz (apparently, via Twitter, so...).

Was speculation with the change at the top of Ferrari that Raikkonen could remain after all.

Edited extra bit: and this is interesting. I didn't realise Raikkonen still had an old spec engine.
    https://twitter.com/Formula1_GP/status/1021057573741637632
    On May:

1. The Tories should have got rid after the ridiculous election fiasco but didn’t
    2. Resulting in two years of dithering and indecision not just on Brexit
    3. Leaving us in a very difficult position from which the lamentable effort that came out of Chequers is probably the best we can currently achieve
    4. Which is still (just) better than a no deal and
    5. Regrettably requires May to remain in place until the deal is done.

It’s being so cheerful that keeps me going.
    Mr. Slackbladder, .....

That's dodgy as ****.
    More chaos at the top of government:

"Theresa May refuses to back Sajid Javid's decision not to block death penalty for Isil 'Beatles'"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/07/23/theresa-may-refuses-back-sajid-javid-decision-not-block-death/

the labour leadership might not be anti-semitic themselves. but they're doing avery good job of looking like it.
    If they're not even capable of dealing with anti-semitism within their own party they're hardly likely to be able to deal with Brexit, the NHS, tax havens, the railways, etc.
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,718
    Scott_P said:
    The riots will be two or three weeks later, when the need for food etc stockpiling has kicked in and people setting off for their Easter breaks are told that the planes can’t land in their favourite destinations or that they need a £25 visa on arrival.
    Don’t think it’ll be both of the latter two, but it’ll be one of them.
    AndyJS said:

"Theresa May refuses to back Sajid Javid's decision not to block death penalty for Isil 'Beatles'"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/07/23/theresa-may-refuses-back-sajid-javid-decision-not-block-death/

What power would we have to prevent their extradition to the USA?

Scott_P said:
    The riots will be two or three weeks later, when the need for food etc stockpiling has kicked in and people setting off for their Easter breaks are told that the planes can’t land in their favourite destinations or that they need a £25 visa on arrival.
    Won't we be shooting our pet dogs for food by that point?
    Mr. F, don't be ridiculous. We won't be able to have dogs once we're out of the EU.

Mr. F, don't be ridiculous. We won't be able to have dogs once we're out of the EU.

That won't cause any problems. The Leavers are already barking.
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074

As is that letter from Mrs H's lawyers. Labour had better get some good legal advice and stop digging .......
    Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    No. Under the Civil Contingencies Act we’re allowed to shoot Leavers for food first.

Dogs didn’t vote for Brexit.
    Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    Still thinking northern Italy is the place to flee to. Food remains excellent as does the weather with an absolutely epic lightening storm thrown in last night for good measure.

Of course, pace @Cyclefree, I am having to cope with no chocolate on my cappuccinos but some sacrifices must be borne manfully.
    Mr. Meeks, probably just annoyed the Remainers are pussies.

/context.
    Mr. Eagles, ha, just saw some nonsense on Twitter about thin privilege. As a skeletal fellow myself, good luck with that. Not only am I a small target, there's not much meat even if you do hit me. Mwahahaha!
    Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    ** Looks at amount of land acquired in Cumbria and large packs of seeds, wonders how much live chickens cost and hums to herself smugly. **

Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    No. Under the Civil Contingencies Act we’re allowed to shoot Leavers for food first.

It's a pity Mr. Thorpe is no longer alive to help out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9MSka2l51A

DavidL said:

Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    Still thinking northern Italy is the place to flee to. Food remains excellent as does the weather with an absolutely epic lightening storm thrown in last night for good measure.

Of course, pace @Cyclefree, I am having to cope with no chocolate on my cappuccinos but some sacrifices must be borne manfully.
    You won't be able to flee. All the ferries and aeroplanes and trains and cars won't work anymore, remember.

And Northern Italy in late March is ..... well ..... freddo.

Anyway I am glad Northern Italians (even if they are practically German) are improving your coffee drinking habits. :)
  • Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,766

Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:

I always think of Brexit as a load of tripe, and I am told doggies are quite prepared to accept this tasteless boring victual
    AndyJS said:

Theresa May refuses to ...

Is a fairly standard thing these days. it's government by inaction.
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,674
    Look at the state of these cretinous halfwits running the country. Bumping their gums last week about refunding £20 or so to a few well paid officers because of the massive tax burden of them being based in Scotland and yet as ever the many are being treated like crap. Tories would make you vomit.
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2966275/living-wage-ministry-of-defence-wages/
    I'm looking forward to this film - 28 Days Later meets The Survivors.
  • DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Cyclefree said:

As is that letter from Mrs H's lawyers. Labour had better get some good legal advice and stop digging .......
    There were a couple of odd points in the letter, the first being it was signed Mishcon de Reya LLP rather than by a person: is this normal legal practice? And after spending a page on how it was impossible to tell which rule 2.1.8 was meant, it was a bit anti-climactic when the next point assumed they meant the Labour Party's rule 2.1.8, rather than, for instance, the International Dance Teachers' Association's rule 2.1.8.
  • Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

Cyclefree said:

There were a couple of odd points in the letter, the first being it was signed Mishcon de Reya LLP rather than by a person: is this normal legal practice?
    Yes, it is. You sign in your own name when writing to a client, and the firm's name when writing shitty letters to the other side.

Cyclefree said:

There were a couple of odd points in the letter, the first being it was signed Mishcon de Reya LLP rather than by a person: is this normal legal practice? And after spending a page on how it was impossible to tell which rule 2.1.8 was meant, it was a bit anti-climactic when the next point assumed they meant the Labour Party's rule 2.1.8, rather than, for instance, the International Dance Teachers' Association's rule 2.1.8.
    Yes it's normal legal practice to sign on the firm's behalf in a formal litigious letter (stupid, I agree).

I also agree with you that the stuff about Rule 2.1.8 was hammy, especially as they had so many other great points to make. That point could have been made succinctly and with much more impact.

Cyclefree said:

Own name to client, Firm name to the other side.
    DavidL said:

On May:

1. The Tories should have got rid after the ridiculous election fiasco but didn’t
    2. Resulting in two years of dithering and indecision not just on Brexit
    3. Leaving us in a very difficult position from which the lamentable effort that came out of Chequers is probably the best we can currently achieve
    4. Which is still (just) better than a no deal and
    5. Regrettably requires May to remain in place until the deal is done.

It’s being so cheerful that keeps me going.

I think May is totally focused on reaching the winning tape on 29 March, declaring Brexit has been delivered as promised, and then thankfully retiring. There will be a fudge on the section on the future relationship to be sorted by her successor (Boris).
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    AndyJS said:

The Dutch foreign minister has made some very controversial remarks about multiculturalism:

https://nltimes.nl/2018/07/18/peaceful-multicultural-societies-dont-exist-dutch-fm-says

"The Netherlands’ foreign minister has been criticised for saying he knew of no peaceful multicultural societies and calling Suriname, a former Dutch colony, a “failed state”.
    Stef Blok, a member of the ruling VVD centre-right party, made the comments about migration and multiculturalism at a closed-door meeting of international organisations in The Hague last week.
    “Give me an example of a multi-ethnic or a multicultural society, in which the original population still lives and where there is a peaceful cohabitation. I don’t know one,” Mr Blok said, according to a leaked recording of his address that was broadcast on Dutch television on Thursday."

Singapore? Although it's a bit draconian there.

Cyclefree said:

The first is normal.

The second point is also normal: it is making the point that the entity starting the investigation should know and clearly set out the legal/regulatory basis on which it is doing so and that failure to do so may render the proceedings so flawed that any conclusion arrived at the end of them cannot - legally - stand and could be overturned in court. It then sets out the rule and asks the party to confirm that this is the one - if Labour say yes and don't mention any other rule, for instance, they then can't then rely on a breach of that other rule at some later stage without getting into trouble again for procedural unfairness. By setting out the rule and why they think Mrs H is not in breach they are also indicating that they think the party's substantive case is shite and that Mrs H is going to fight.

In short, they're making it clear that Mrs H is not going to make this easy for them.

Cyclefree said:

Also worth noting that the Deputy Chairman of Mishcon de Reya, Anthony Julius, wrote a well-regarded book on anti-semitism: "Trials of the Diaspora: A History of Anti-Semitism in England".
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Also worth noting that the Deputy Chairman of Mishcon de Reya, Anthony Julius, wrote a well-regarded book on anti-semitism: "Trials of the Diaspora: A History of Anti-Semitism in England".
    I must say that I have always found Mishcon de Reya to be odious.
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

He also represented Deborah Lipstadt in her case against that well known holocaust denier David Irving.
  • CD13CD13 Posts: 6,349
    The Remainers won't shoot anyone, they'll just cower in their Snow-flaky towers begging the Leavers not to mentally scar them.
    RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Well other than the gun crime and the fact that the "original" population has been somewhat outnumbered, I think the United States of America might disagree. With exception of a few tribes in the Amazon rainforest there are very few mono-ethnic cultures. A certain Mr. Hitler did try to achieve such a status, and this did not end peacefully. A bit more far right wing twattery - when will they learn?
    Sean_F said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

They can be pretty aggressive. But, frankly, that may be what's needed in this case.

Mind you I have a very good friend working there and she is a very fine litigator.
    Cyclefree said:

Sean_F said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

They can be pretty aggressive. But, frankly, that may be what's needed in this case.

Mind you I have a very good friend working there and she is a very fine litigator.
    There's a time for aggression (as you say, this case is probably a good example). But, I find them aggressive when there is absolutely no need for it.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

He also represented Deborah Lipstadt in her case against that well known holocaust denier David Irving.
    They've represented SISU (Vs Coventry Council) too - not really a case to make a movie of ^_~
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,748

I feel that there should definitely be a Carry On element to the melange.

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Well other than the gun crime and the fact that the "original" population has been somewhat outnumbered, I think the United States of America might disagree. With exception of a few tribes in the Amazon rainforest there are very few mono-ethnic cultures. A certain Mr. Hitler did try to achieve such a status, and this did not end peacefully. A bit more far right wing twattery - when will they learn?
    Iceland?
  • surbysurby Posts: 1,227
    Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

I thought the UK never extradited anybody unless guaranteed that the death penalty will not be used. May is correct to overrule. Sajid was looking for cheap points anyway.

Boris as Sid James?

Scott_P said:
    E-visas will be cheaper assuming the internet is working. Has anybody checked which "rulebook" that uses ?
    surby said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

I thought the UK never extradited anybody unless guaranteed that the death penalty will not be used. May is correct to overrule. Sajid was looking for cheap points anyway.
    They aren’t in our custody.
    CD13 said:

The Remainers won't shoot anyone, they'll just cower in their Snow-flaky towers begging the Leavers not to mentally scar them.

We won't be mentally scared. We will feel virtuous in our knowledge that we did not participate in the furtherance of the foreign policy agenda of one Vladimir Putin.

Those like you on the other hand will have to contend with the fact that you thought you were being patriotic when in fact you inadvertently betrayed the democratic West by being just another Useful Idiot in the machinations of a Russian despot.
    Barnesian said:

Pulpstar said:

Sean_F said:

*(Tories + DUP)

Con 291
    Lab 281
    LD 16
    Green 1
    PC 3
    SNP 40
    NI 18

I hope HYUFD does not see this. You will have a million questions to answer.
    surby said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

They aren't in our custody.

That's Sunil's line.
    RobD said:

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Iceland?
    Well yes. Ok...apart from Iceland
    Sean_F said:

surby said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

Plus they were stripped of British citizenship a while back when they fought for IS.

Something they welcomed I believe.
  • JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,211

Boris as Sid James?
    And Charles Hawtrey as Rees-Mogg.

Boris as Sid James?
    Yep.
    Charles Hawtrey for JRM & Babs Windsor for Ruth Davidson just to fuck with peoples' heads.
    Bernard Bresslaw for Grayling.
  • rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,881
    Cyclefree said:

Sean_F said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

McDonnell is being a bit more pragmatic: https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/22/labour-should-drop-action-against-margaret-hodge-mcdonnell

Was interested that Corbyn said a complaint has been made, is he saying that it wasn't him that complained? Seemed strange.
    surby said:

Barnesian said:

Pulpstar said:

Sean_F said:

*(Tories + DUP)

Con 291
    Lab 281
    LD 16
    Green 1
    PC 3
    SNP 40
    NI 18

I hope HYUFD does not see this. You will have a million questions to answer.
    Very questionable about how a stable government could be formed from those numbers

Sean_F said:

surby said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

Plus they were stripped of British citizenship a while back when they fought for IS.

So why is the British Home Secretary involved?
  • mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    Cyclefree said:

The letter from Mischons was the usual litigator LBA foaming at the mouth letter. There was roughly one substantive point .and a great deal of padding. The rationale for the response time was half-way amusing.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    RobD said:

Sean_F said:

surby said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

And why the hell is the PM getting involved. She's genuinely completely useless.

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

There is such a wealth of material out there about the anti-semitic circles and people Corbyn has associated with over the years. This could very easily end up, if Labour are not careful, like one of those pyrrhic libel victories where the winner gets 1p in damages but has their character ruined.
    edited July 2018
    RobD said:

Sean_F said:

surby said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

We have evidence that shows their guilt that the US will use.

The recent convention is that we (The UK Govt) don’t hand over the evidence if there is a risk of the accused receiving the death penalty.

We only hand over the evidence once we’ve got assurances that the death penalty won’t be used.
    RobD said:

Sean_F said:

surby said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

To win brownie points from the Sun?
  • RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,013
    I was talking about the risk to the food supply chain last year - was told I was being hysterical. And yet here we are with the government preparing to issue Protect and Survive 2018 to tell concerned households to stock 14 days of food and medicines in case the worst happens.

"We've only got 3 days of fresh food supply outside of supermarkets. There'll be trollies thrown through supermarket windows at the end of the first week" is what a senior industry analyst told me. And hey presto, turns out the industry experts are, well, experts after all and not the rent-a-shit morons leading the leave campaign

Boris as Sid James?
    Yep.
    Charles Hawtrey for JRM & Babs Windsor for Ruth Davidson just to fuck with peoples' heads.
    Kenneth Williams as Nigel Farage and I'd 10/10 watch that film.
  • CD13CD13 Posts: 6,349
    Mr Foremain,

"We will feel virtuous in our knowledge that we did not participate in the furtherance of the foreign policy agenda of one Vladimir Putin."

When Brexit is complete we'll invite you all to hold hands with us before we toast you in vodka, tovarisch.

RobD said:

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Iceland?
    On checking Wiki Iceland actually has a higher % of Poles in the population than the UK. With 93% inhabitants born in Iceland, it's probably more diverse than several areas in the UK that voted for Brexit.

RobD said:

Sean_F said:

surby said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

The recent convention is that we (The UK Govt) don’t hand over the evidence if there is a risk of the accused receiving the death penalty.

We only hand over the evidence once we’ve got assurances that the death penalty won’t be used.
    Ah, and that wasn't just limited to british citizens? Thanks.

Boris as Sid James?
    Yep.
    Babs Windsor should play Nadine Dorries or Andrea Jenkyns.

I was talking about the risk to the food supply chain last year - was told I was being hysterical. And yet here we are with the government preparing to issue Protect and Survive 2018 to tell concerned households to stock 14 days of food and medicines in case the worst happens.

"We've only got 3 days of fresh food supply outside of supermarkets. There'll be trollies thrown through supermarket windows at the end of the first week" is what a senior industry analyst told me. And hey presto, turns out the industry experts are, well, experts after all and not the rent-a-shit morons leading the leave campaign

But will it actually happen?
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

There is such a wealth of material out there about the anti-semitic circles and people Corbyn has associated with over the years. This could very easily end up, if Labour are not careful, like one of those pyrrhic libel victories where the winner gets 1p in damages but has their character ruined.
    Moseley spanked the papers for more than £1, I thought?

RobD said:

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Iceland?
    On checking Wiki Iceland actually has a higher % of Poles in the population than the UK. With 93% inhabitants born in Iceland, it's probably more diverse than several areas in the UK that voted for Brexit.
    I'd imagine a similar split in Iceland. More diverse in the capital, less diverse in the rural areas.
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Sean_F said:

surby said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

Ah, and that wasn't just limited to british citizens? Thanks.
    Yup.

The other policy change Javid seems to have instigated is support for Guantanamo trials/tribunals.

Our preference has been for trials in the normal US justice system.
  • mattmatt Posts: 3,789

If it came to that people like Rees-Mogg (and Corbyn who is absolutely colluding in it) deserve to suffer the fate of Mussolini and Petacci. There will be a queue and a remarkable number of people disowning their recent history.
This discussion has been closed.