Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Men of Honour?

Comments

• Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

Surprised that Corbyn didn't try the 'I don't speak Arabic so didn't understand what was going on' line...

Give it time...
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,298

TOPPING said:

Dear Dr Topping

I find that if I wear an innocent orange neckband round parts of Belfast policemen try to stop me and ask me to remove my fashion choice. Why is that ?

Jeez Alan I even have to sort out your blockquoting.

I am genuinely not sure what point you are trying to make.
    just out for an afternoon troll Topping
    You are a cheeky monkey, so you are.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,715

notme said:

BBC silence is shocking. I believe that if they gave it 50% of the Boris covrage then Corbyn would be finished. If they don't cover this properly I think they have crossed some sort of line.

If it wasnt for Boris helping him out, this really must be the highpoint for the PLP who have flirted with the idea that they cant stay in a Corbyn led Labour Party. This is big, the mail article initially seemed like it was maybe over egging it, then squakbox went out of their way to denounce it all as fake, setup by the right wing MSM. But this has now got to the point of, yes, he actually did do what the Mail accused him of.
    It shouldn't matter a damn what Boris has said, this issue should be judged on its own merits - that 160 Labour MPs tell Corbyn to resign as Leader, or else they resign the Labour Whip.

Using Boris as cover is playing the CCHQ tune, of keeping Corbyn in place.
    How about if 160 Labour MPs resigned the whip, took the £50million on offer for a new centre party and chose a plausible PM in waiting as leader.
    They would be the official opposition overnight with all the influence that that affords, the Labour rump would still have the Unions and most constituency parties but the new party wouldn't be SDP Mark 2, it would be something much more formidable.
  • Options
    AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487

Scott_P said:
    In other news:

Hitler: "I was present at Nuremburg rally, but I don't think I was actually involved in it..."
    Godwin of the day.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115
    It's not Corbyn's past actions that are doing the damage to him now - it's the current lies.

And just how inept they are.

I mean, if Sqwawkbox are too emarrassed to run them.....
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,277

DavidL said:

O/t but the Scottish High Court has today quashed the conviction of Mark Lundy for murder. Unbelievably, that is the second time this has happened. His first conviction was quashed by the Privy Council on human rights grounds relating to the admissibility of certain evidence. The second time, today, the conviction was quashed because of an intemperate and inaccurate speech to the Jury by the AD which the trial judge did not adequately correct.

The victim was stabbed 4x. It is not in dispute that Lundy did it. What is in dispute is whether it was self defence or not. He is to be retried. I just cannot imagine what it will be like for the victims family going through this yet again.

What does "quashed by the Privy Council" mean in practice?

Somehow I'm doubting Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson etc sat together and quashed the verdict.
    It means it was set aside but that he was to be retried.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Googling something counts as research?
  • Options
    Just Fake News and somebody adept at Photoshop, obviously.
  • Options
    Anazina said:

Scott_P said:
    In other news:

Hitler: "I was present at Nuremburg rally, but I don't think I was actually involved in it..."
    Godwin of the day.
    Sometimes, only reaching for the Third Reich will do....
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

notme said:

BBC silence is shocking. I believe that if they gave it 50% of the Boris covrage then Corbyn would be finished. If they don't cover this properly I think they have crossed some sort of line.

If it wasnt for Boris helping him out, this really must be the highpoint for the PLP who have flirted with the idea that they cant stay in a Corbyn led Labour Party. This is big, the mail article initially seemed like it was maybe over egging it, then squakbox went out of their way to denounce it all as fake, setup by the right wing MSM. But this has now got to the point of, yes, he actually did do what the Mail accused him of.
    It shouldn't matter a damn what Boris has said, this issue should be judged on its own merits - that 160 Labour MPs tell Corbyn to resign as Leader, or else they resign the Labour Whip.

How about if 160 Labour MPs resigned the whip, took the £50million on offer for a new centre party and chose a plausible PM in waiting as leader.
    They would be the official opposition overnight with all the influence that that affords, the Labour rump would still have the Unions and most constituency parties but the new party wouldn't be SDP Mark 2, it would be something much more formidable.
    It won't happen - because they lack the balls to do it.

• Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,203

Anazina said:

Scott_P said:
    In other news:

Godwin of the day.
    Perhaps JC is just being very English, as only a certain Mr Goebbels told us all, in 1941 -

"The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous."
  • Options
    The best thing about the Fiona Onasanya trial is the name of her brother, getting a much-needed airing since about the first century AD.

Festus.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Cyclefree said:

Perhaps JC is just being very English, as only a certain Mr Goebbels told us all, in 1941 -

"The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous."

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1029014593685913600
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Cyclefree said:

They'll have to explain the Morning Star article he wrote about it at the time.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

And the video upthread where he says "I laid a wreath"
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    edited August 2018
    The event which crystallised her disenchantment was John Freeman asking Cardinal Heenan what one word summed up the Church. Margaret waited, expecting something like “charity”or “love”. The Cardinal’s answer was “Authority”.I have a similar story from my all-too-distant youth.

A long time ago I started work at a government agency that had decided it needed to look after its "brand image" and the plucky band of new recruits of which I was a part had to endure a talk from a "brand champion" about branding. This included asking us the question, "What one word does Disney use to describe its brand vision?"

Reticence at participating in audience interaction notwithstanding, various responses were provided along the lines of "fun", "excitement", "wonder" and other similarly jolly words. The sterile and joyless reality (apparently) is that Disney defines its brand image in the single word "safety".

I tend to think that this is a fine example of the negativity of our times. Disney knows that its customers are not the children, but the parents, and that the chief preoccupation of a parent is not that their child is happy, but that their child is safe, or at least, not unhappy. I can easily see how this parallels political campaigning with the use of attack ads in the US, with much campaigning in British general elections concentrating on which party is best placed to stop another - and the Brexit vote being a vote against something (the status quo for Leave and economic armageddon for Remain) rather than a vote for something.

On the other hand, I baked scones yesterday. So that's nice. (Don't mind me, I'm just passing through).
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    edited August 2018

notme said:

Conservative Leave MPs will want Corbyn in place when parliament restarts - so that Brexit is implemented.
  • Options

notme said:

It won't happen - because they lack the balls to do it.

... but that's all.
    OK, maybe organisation too, but it could work.
    Trudeau came from third to win a majority,
    Macron came from nowhere to set up a new party and win.
    Trump beat all expectations and won.
    Remember the SDP in alliance with the Liberals had high poll ratings but didn't have £50 million to spend or the critical mass that 160 Labour MPs (the Official Opposition) would have.
  • Options
    Which newspaper will be first with "Wrath over Wreath" ?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,285
    edited August 2018
    Cyclefree said:

Anazina said:

Scott_P said:
    In other news:

Godwin of the day.

I feel no sympathy. I repeat, I feel no sympathy! The German people chose their fate. That may surprise some people. Don't fool yourself. We didn't force the German people. They gave us a mandate, and now their little throats are being cut!

- Goebbels as portrayed in Downfall (Das Untergang) in 2004.

(the quote is actually modified from what he said directly to one of his underlings in 1945)
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Cyclefree said:

And says another big lie about wanting to bring people together for a debate to get peace, his life's work apparently, but one which never ever involves him bringing Israelis into this debate or talking to them or listening to them.

And yet many in the electorate are willing to trust such a man to lead them.

Hoping for honour in politics is a fool's errand, I realise......
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,209
    Wow. Jezza's cult really have gone into a new zone of reality haven't they.

This is pure 1984 stuff now. Photos never existed. People who did things didn't do them.
    2 and 2 does not make 4.

Adding this madness to the constant attacks on journalists and the BBC, and I am beginning to genuinely be scared what this lot will do in power.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836

The best thing about the Fiona Onasanya trial is the name of her brother, getting a much-needed airing since about the first century AD.

Festus.

Presumably, named after the Procurator of Judaea.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

Adding this madness to the constant attacks on journalists and the BBC, and I am beginning to genuinely be scared what this lot will do in power.

Beginning??
  • Options
    edited August 2018

The event which crystallised her disenchantment was John Freeman asking Cardinal Heenan what one word summed up the Church. Margaret waited, expecting something like “charity”or “love”. The Cardinal’s answer was “Authority”.I have a similar story from my all-too-distant youth.

A long time ago I started work at a government agency that had decided it needed to look after its "brand image" and the plucky band of new recruits of which I was a part had to endure a talk from a "brand champion" about branding. This included asking us the question, "What one word does Disney use to describe its brand vision?"

Reticence at participating in audience interaction notwithstanding, various responses were provided along the lines of "fun", "excitement", "wonder" and other similarly jolly words. The sterile and joyless reality (apparently) is that Disney defines its brand image in the single word "safety".

I tend to think that this is a fine example of the negativity of our times. Disney knows that its customers are not the children, but the parents, and that the chief preoccupation of a parent is not that their child is happy, but that their child is safe, or at least, not unhappy. I can easily see how this parallels political campaigning with the use of attack ads in the US, with much campaigning in British general elections concentrating on which party is best placed to stop another - and the Brexit vote being a vote against something (the status quo for Leave and economic armageddon for Remain) rather than a vote for something.

On the other hand, I baked scones yesterday. So that's nice. (Don't mind me, I'm just passing through).

Blimey: I'd associate Disney with "magic" at best and "utter tedium" at worst. But "safety" .......

In one of my more cynical moments I once had an idea for a bank. Its brand would be based on two things: it would be .... drum roll ...... honest. And its staff would be able to count.

Over a drink I will be able to tell you the real life story which triggered this particular bout of cynicism. But not on this forum, alas.

I like scones. On Saturday I had some very nice madeleines, which my half-French grandmother used to make for me.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Mr. F, it's interesting how some names have longevity and others don't. Jason, Alexander, Marcus have all been around a while.

Rare to see a Ptolemy, and very unusual to see an Antigonus.
  • Options
    AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487
    Interesting speculation (that for once on this bloody site doesn't involve muslims/burkas) about Corbyn losing the Labour leadership.

How would this be achieved? I suppose it is possible that some sort of stalking horse (Clive Lewis?) challenges him, then others pile in. My question is the membership. Presumably it is as/more Corbynite than ever? No way he will be allowed to resign, as Milne knows that that will be the end of the far-left's control of the party.
  • Options
    Anazina said:

Interesting speculation (that for once on this bloody site doesn't involve muslims/burkas) about Corbyn losing the Labour leadership.

How would this be achieved? I suppose it is possible that some sort of stalking horse (Clive Lewis?) challenges him, then others pile in. My question is the membership. Presumably it is as/more Corbynite than ever? No way he will be allowed to resign, as Milne knows that that will be the end of the far-left's control of the party.

Not in a million years. Most of the cult now believe that 4+4 is 5.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Cyclefree said:

Scott_P said:

Cyclefree said:

And says another big lie about wanting to bring people together for a debate to get peace, his life's work apparently, but one which never ever involves him bringing Israelis into this debate or talking to them or listening to them.

And yet many in the electorate are willing to trust such a man to lead them.

Hoping for honour in politics is a fool's errand, I realise......
    An excellent header, @Cyclefree. Honour and integrity are vital to good governance, in both senses of the word "good".
  • Options
    Ms. Anazina, agreed on the mechanics of an election on the same basis as the Smith [was that his name?] challenge.

They could split. Moderate Labour MPs presumably have the numbers (if they had the courage) to automatically found the second largest party and become the Official Opposition.

Their alternative is to support as potential prime minister Jeremy Corbyn.
  • Options

Wow. Jezza's cult really have gone into a new zone of reality haven't they.

This is pure 1984 stuff now. Photos never existed. People who did things didn't do them.
    2 and 2 does not make 4.

Mind you, the BBC gets attacked from the Right too - sometimes on this forum.
  • Options
    daodaodaodao Posts: 821
    edited August 2018
    Cyclefree said:

Anazina said:

Scott_P said:
    In other news:

Godwin of the day.

You have insinuated that the late Bishop of Chichester (George Bell) is a dishonorable man. The case against him is not proven. Peter Hitchens, the MoS columnist, has written a lot about how he believes the allegations are false - see his blog for more details of the case.

Everyone who has strong beliefs tends to see things in a one-sided manner, and insist that they are right. It is as true of previous political leaders, such as Blair (over Iraq) and Churchill, and is not per se necessarily wrong. Churchill's strong belief that one couldn't do business with the 3rd Reich (unlike many other leading Tories at the time) meant that he was determined to keep Britain fighting on in the summer of 1940.
  • Options

Mr. F, it's interesting how some names have longevity and others don't. Jason, Alexander, Marcus have all been around a while.

Mr Dancer, there was once upon a time a constellation called Antinous, since Hadrian's time but its stars were transferred to Aquila to Eagle by the International Astronimoical Union in 1930.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,609

Don't give the Moggster ideas. Can't be long before the next mini-Mogg pops out.
  • Options
    This is what happens when you wreck the final salary pension system:

https://twitter.com/PJTheEconomist/status/1028965888299548677
  • Options

Don't give the Moggster ideas. Can't be long before the next mini-Mogg pops out.
    Verne Mogg?
  • Options
    Anazina said:

Labour is lost to the moderates for a generation. Corbyn has the backing of the Unions, the local parties are mostly dominated by Momentum. The left have been strengthened within Labour's ruling bodies and are changing the rules to ensure it stays that way.
    No, moderate Labour MPs either have to wait and hope that Corbyn gets beaten badly in the next GE*, or fails miserably as PM, or they need the guts to break away now.

*Remember Stephen Kinnock's face in that documentary when the 2017 results started to come in?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860

Anazina said:

But they can tell 1 October 2014 is not 4 October 2014

Change is coming
  • Options
    Still a smear in Jezza land. Despite him saying he laid the wreath and was there etc etc

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1029023681358512129
  • Options
    Dr. Prasannan, hmm, seems odd to rename constellations that way, but there we are.

Mr. Rentool, the Mogg Family Cricket Team must be completed ;)
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

This is what happens when you wreck the final salary pension system:

https://twitter.com/PJTheEconomist/status/1028965888299548677

Indeed.

Brown's insane tax on dividends in pensions 21 years old and counting. Idiotic decision, and no sign of the present lot thinking about doing anything about it.

Lawson too is to blame (think it was him in the 80's?) as well, for capping what you could put into schemes as a company (so they didn't "avoid" corporation tax one assumes?).

Politician's looking at the tax take next week both, instead of how we were going to pay for ourselves in our old age.
  • Options

Dr. Prasannan, hmm, seems odd to rename constellations that way, but there we are.

Mr. Rentool, the Mogg Family Cricket Team must be completed ;)

Grand Mogg Tarkin :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Corbyn has the backing of the Unions

3 big Unions have said he should accept the full definition of anti-Semitism
  • Options

Anazina said:

Labour is lost to the moderates for a generation. Corbyn has the backing of the Unions, the local parties are mostly dominated by Momentum. The left have been strengthened within Labour's ruling bodies and are changing the rules to ensure it stays that way.
    No, moderate Labour MPs either have to wait and hope that Corbyn gets beaten badly in the next GE*, or fails miserably as PM, or they need the guts to break away now.

*Remember Stephen Kinnock's face in that documentary when the 2017 results started to come in?
    Jezza and team are terrified of a break away party. It would do enough damage to stop them getting into government.

Otherwise, according to Stephen Bush, they are supremely confident, believing the Brexit vote and Trump, shows that a radical change pitch can win.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Which is now too late.

The story will not go away as a result of adopting the full set of examples. It has gone beyond that now.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    On topic, whenever loyalty to an organisation is prioritised ahead of remedying a problem, moral corruption ensues.

Many organisations are casting around at present trying to define their purpose (in many cases, identifying that purpose can be highly problematic). For political parties, however, identifying their purpose should be reasonably straightforward. If organisations can have the courage to act in accordance with their defined purpose, they will rarely go astray. Unfortunately, when it comes to the crunch, they rarely have.
  • Options
    Dr. Prasannan, ha, that's rather good. Tarkin's one of the most underrated characters. I always liked the dynamic he had with Vader.

Bit surprised they went the route they did in Rogue One, rather than recasting Wayne Pygram (who 'played' Tarkin at the end of Revenge of the Sith, I think).
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Cyclefree said:

For the victims of an air attack on the PLO headquarters on 1/10/14

Not even in Tunisia on 4/10/14

Anyway Dan Hodges is an Anti Semite so ignore
  • Options
    daodao said:

Cyclefree said:

Anazina said:

Scott_P said:
    In other news:

Godwin of the day.

You have insinuated that the late Bishop of Chichester (George Bell) is a dishonorable man. The case against him is not proven. Peter Hitchens, the MoS columnist, has written a lot about how he believes the allegations are false - see his blog for more details of the case.

Everyone who has strong beliefs tends to see things in a one-sided manner, and insist that they are right. It is as true of previous political leaders, such as Blair (over Iraq) and Churchill, and is not per se necessarily wrong. Churchill's strong belief that one couldn't do business with the 3rd Reich (unlike many other leading Tories at the time) meant that he was determined to keep Britain fighting on in the summer of 1940.
    That is a fair point. He was never charged or tried. My point was that there have been allegations of cover ups by senior Anglican churchmen of allegations of abuse against other senior clergymen. Perhaps a better example might have been the Bishop of Gloucester who did accept a caution and about whom the Inquiry into Historic Child Abuse recently commented.
  • Options

Which is now too late.

The story will not go away as a result of adopting the full set of examples. It has gone beyond that now.

Indeed, but I think the phrase "Corbyn has the support of the unions" is approaching it's "use by" date
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Cyclefree said:

Defending Corbyn is a losing battle

He is being widely ridiculed and is just not fit to hold high office
  • Options

Still a smear in Jezza land. Despite him saying he laid the wreath and was there etc etc

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1029023681358512129

You can see why they want to implement the Leveson proposals. Under those, even if the newspaper's story is 100% accurate, it would still be liable for Corbyn's costs. A way of shutting down uncomfortable stories without actually having to ban them. Utterly discreditable.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,852
    welshowl said:

Indeed.

Brown's insane tax on dividends in pensions 21 years old and counting. Idiotic decision, and no sign of the present lot thinking about doing anything about it.

Lawson too is to blame (think it was him in the 80's?) as well, for capping what you could put into schemes as a company (so they didn't "avoid" corporation tax one assumes?).

Politician's looking at the tax take next week both, instead of how we were going to pay for ourselves in our old age.

It's also an integral part of the wider housing problem. With so many homes which would otherwise have gone to younger people held by older people as secondary capital assets how are we going to break this logjam and aid the supply side of the housing conundrum?

• Options

Scott_P said:

Cyclefree said:

Defending Corbyn is a losing battle

He is being widely ridiculed and is just not fit to hold high office
    He isn't fit to hold ANY elected office.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    A wreath for victims of the air attack on the PLO headquarters in Tunisia.

We know that.

Wrong wreath laying ceremony by 3 days for Daily Fail

Hey but ignore the facts
  • Options
    I try to resist "BBC bias" accusations, but this is extraordinary given today's developments:
    https://twitter.com/MediaGuido/status/1029027855034929152
  • Options
    I see Fiona Onasanya has only been charged with one count of PTCOJ, at her initial hearing it was two counts.

So either the original reports were erroneous (which I doubt) or the CPS have dropped one charge.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

We know that.

Hey but ignore the facts
    You wouldn't know a fact if it jumped up and bit you.

So just STFU
  • Options

I try to resist "BBC bias" accusations, but this is extraordinary given today's developments:

Just been reading their web site.

Utterly amazing - not a word or even a hint of Corbyn's nonsense
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586
    edited August 2018

Festus.

I thought that was the oldest Rees Mogg offspring ?
  • Options

Just been reading their web site.

Utterly amazing - not a word or even a hint of Corbyn's nonsense
    And yet, the Cult are frothing at the mouth in anger over their claim of massive BBC bias.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Anazina said:

Change is coming
    Give it up BJO. Even Corbyn himself has admitted that he laid a wreath for them in his Morning Star article.

Why bother deny what he has done? Aren't you proud of this? After all, this is why he was voted in - because he was different, he looked for peace, he talked to all sorts of people, he opened up the debate away from the centre-right, he supported unpopular causes, wasn't it?

Or are the desperate attempts to deny the truth evidence that some of you at least understand that honouring terrorists who castrate a man, torture others and then murder them is not a good thing?
  • Options

Scott_P said:

We know that.

Hey but ignore the facts
    You do know the families of the Olympic assassination are absolutely furious with Corbyn.

Wait until they get an airing on TV
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Which is now too late.

Good cos we aren't accepting the examples which counts criticism of Israel.

It is not antisemitic to criticise Israels attacks on the unarmed Palestinian women and children .

No matter how many free holidays are at stake for LFI MPs
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    stodge said:

welshowl said:

Indeed.

It's also an integral part of the wider housing problem. With so many homes which would otherwise have gone to younger people held by older people as secondary capital assets how are we going to break this logjam and aid the supply side of the housing conundrum?

Raise interest rates as fast as you dare and then a bit more. Then pension assets will pay out more (ie lowering the capital cost of a pension for any given annual payout) and it costs more to service a BTL loan making holding housing less attractive.

It's part of the problem only of course. There's still too many households chasing too few houses and we are not increasing supply very quickly, but the biblical distortions nigh on zero per cent interest rates have caused I'm sure will be a wonder for future generations of economists to behold (many a PhD of the 2050's I suspect will have the summary "WTF did they think they were playing at?").

Daft politicians pouring petrol on the flames of all of this by grasping at people's pension pots doesn't help though either.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

We know that.

Hey but ignore the facts
    You do know th4 families of the Olympic assassination are absolutely furious with Corbyn.

He wasnt there on 4/10/14
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Which is now too late.

It is not antisemitic to criticise Israels attacks on the unarmed Palestinian women and children .

Of course it is not but will you utterly condemn the Palestinians who assassinated the Israelis at the Olympic games
  • Options

Scott_P said:

We know that.

Hey but ignore the facts
    You do know the families of the Olympic assassination are absolutely furious with Corbyn.

Why?

He wasnt there on 4th October 2014. He was there on 1 October 2014 when a wreath was laid for the victims of the airstrike on the PLO headquarters

I remember you telling me to give it up on the Commie Spy lie too.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Anazina said:

Change is coming
    Give it up BJO. Even Corbyn himself has admitted that he laid a wreath for them in his Morning Star article.

Why bother deny what he has done? Aren't you proud of this? After all, this is why he was voted in - because he was different, he looked for peace, he talked to all sorts of people, he opened up the debate away from the centre-right, he supported unpopular causes, wasn't it?

Or are the desperate attempts to deny the truth evidence that some of you at least understand that honouring terrorists who castrate a man, torture others and then murder them is not a good thing?
    For them
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,289
    edited August 2018

Scott_P said:

We know that.

Hey but ignore the facts

Why?

He wasnt there on 4th October 2014. He was there on 1 October 2014 when a wreath was laid for the victims of the airstrike on the PLO headquarters

You protest too much

And where is your total condemnation of the Palestinians assassination of the Israelis at the Olympics
  • Options
    I suggest we all agree to ignore BJO. Engaging with someone like that only encourages them to spread more bile.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,285
    edited August 2018

I suggest we all agree to ignore BJO. Engaging with someone like that only encourages them to spread more bile.

Especially ironic when he was at the receiving end of terrorism in Tunisia.
  • Options

I think it is important to engage with other posters but BJO, bless him, does try your patience
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

Anazina said:

Change is coming

For them
    "Them" is the victims of a 1985 Israeli airstrike on Palestinian Liberation Organisation offices in Tunis. According to the Morning Star
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

Anazina said:

Change is coming

For them
    "Them" is the victims of a 1985 Israeli airstrike on Palestinian Liberation Organisation offices in Tunis. According to the Morning Star
    Still no comment on the Palestinians assassinating the Israeli athletes at the Olympics. Go on BJO, condemn them
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Which is now too late.

Of course it is not but will you utterly condemn the Palestinians who assassinated the Israelis at the Olympic games
    Of course I would,

As would Jezza.

What is wrong with you.

Terrorism and killing of innocents is abhorent no matter who is the perp.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Which is now too late.

Of course I would,

As would Jezza.

What is wrong with you.

Terrorism and killing of innocents is abhorent no matter who is the perp.
    When has Corbyn condemned the Palestinians for the Olympic assassination
  • Options
    NemtynakhtNemtynakht Posts: 2,311
    edited August 2018
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkfXQL6X0AAT2Cf?format=jpg

BJO - You can’t find this on Morning Star website - search function only includes this year and last. In Corbyn’s own words the wreath was for the Munich terrorists.
  • Options
    At least this is generating some cracking tweets, eh?
    https://twitter.com/JulieOwenMoylan/status/1029026723139072001
  • Options
    Just watched BBC 5 o clock news

Not a word on Corbyn
  • Options

Nah, Jeremy will elevate BJO to the House of Lords for "his services in muddying the truth".

He will take the title of Lord Wreath.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

We know that.

Hey but ignore the facts

Why?

You protest too much

And where is your total condemnation of the Palestinians assassination of the Israelis at the Olympics
    Of course i totally condemn that act

I am being accused of bile because Jezza says he was laying a wreath for the victims of an air strike in Tunisia and you and others are trying to say he was laying a wreath for the Munich hijackers.

Why would a man who has fought all his life against all acts of terror celebrate the Munich hijackers?
  • Options

Anazina said:

Jezza and team are terrified of a break away party. It would do enough damage to stop them getting into government.

Otherwise, according to Stephen Bush, they are supremely confident, believing the Brexit vote and Trump, shows that a radical change pitch can win.
    A radical change pitch can win, as proven not just by Brexit/Trump but also by Macron.
    What could be a more radical change than an overnight new Official Opposition party, well financed and offering a way out of the Brexit mess?
    And as a by-product making Labour the third or fourth party overnight.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.