Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tuesday may see the biggest change to the electoral process in

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited November 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tuesday may see the biggest change to the electoral process in Florida since the Voting Rights Act of 1965

Video above: The WSJ’s take on Florida allowing felons to vote.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    What chance other state's following Maine's lead? The americans seem to like doing things as different as they can reasonably manage.

On felons voting, I am surprised the polling is as positive as it is. I see no issue with it, once people are out of prison I don't see the issue with them voting, but I'd have assumed more resistance to restore the right to a big chunk.

kle4 said:

This is nearly as bad as when some middle class people pretend to be working class

Heaven forbid.

But frankly I am surprised there are not more stories of people identifying as other races. It can be hard to tell sometimes in any case.
    Like Welsh from Scottish from Irish from English.
    I wouldn't call that hard so much as impossible. I was just thinking more people come in a lot of different shades, it would seem pretty easy to claim another one if someone wanted.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,706
    The Florida results on Tuesday will be particularly interesting so turnout there will be important.

In the Senate the Florida Governor is trying to defeat the incumbent Democratic Senator while the Denocrats in turn hope to win the Florida Governorship for the first time in 19 years
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Georgia look gnto ditch the Free and Fair part of its election

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1059093172142399488?s=19
  • notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    Fantastic. He might be an utter rogue. But he totally burnt her.
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,005
    Cultural Marxism - When people are accused of being right wing because they defend free speech you have to think something is going on.
  • ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,920
    notme said:

Nothing to do with the fact that they exposed him as a liar over his African diamond mines? 'Fake news', indeed.
  • rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    HYUFD said:

The Florida results on Tuesday will be particularly interesting so turnout there will be important.

In the Senate the Florida Governor is trying to defeat the incumbent Democratic Senator while the Denocrats in turn hope to win the Florida Governorship for the first time in 19 years

Inclement weather over large parts of the US on Tuesday could have an impact on the election. In Florida storms are expected over the panhandle, the culturally, rather than geographically, "Southern" part of the state that leans Republican. The more Democratic actual south of the state is expected to have much better weather.
  • ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,920
    rpjs said:

HYUFD said:

Inclement weather over large parts of the US on Tuesday could have an impact on the election. In Florida storms are expected over the panhandle, the culturally, rather than geographically, "Southern" part of the state that leans Republican. The more Democratic actual south of the state is expected to have much better weather.
    Trump has clearly upset God.
    kle4 said:

What chance other state's following Maine's lead? The americans seem to like doing things as different as they can reasonably manage.

On felons voting, I am surprised the polling is as positive as it is. I see no issue with it, once people are out of prison I don't see the issue with them voting, but I'd have assumed more resistance to restore the right to a big chunk.

Most states already allow felons that have completed their sentence to vote, so it's not that exceptional. Also, unlike the UK and many other countries, where it's only serving prisoners (pace the ECHR) who are excluding from voting, most states that allow released felons to vote only allow them to do so when all parts of the sentence including supervised parole, probation etc, are completed. That's the model Florida will adopt if the measure passes.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,837
    notme said:

Faisal Islam will probably be most upset by that interview too :p

rpjs said:

HYUFD said:

Trump has clearly upset God.
    Arguably the expected weather on Tuesday favours the GOP more, just not in Florida!
    SeanT said:

Either way, I'm not going to fight on this semantic hill. What I am saying is that there is an agenda on the left (whether it be cultural Marxist, anarcho-surrealist, post-nationalist Boasian fruitlooper, whatever) which asserts that races do not exist, biologically, and cannot be scientifically proven to exist.

Except race is clearly a social construct. The way the Irish went from "basically inseparable from the Negro" to "white" in America over the years clearly shows race is a social construct.

If someone's genes are more than 50% western European (which covers a massive amount of African Americans) but they have a high melanin count I bet you fuck loads of money you would call them black despite their scientific DNA telling rationalist you otherwise.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,742
    edited November 2018
    notme said:

You think?

I must remember the blowing my brains out gambit to ensure my opponents are totz pwnd.

notme said:

You think?

I must remember the blowing my brains out gambit to ensure my opponents are totz pwnd.
    He calmly dealt with it while making his disdain for the channel abundantly clear. I don't think he burnt anyone by doing so, and it was rude, but he did deal with it comfortably.
    rpjs said:

kle4 said:

Most states already allow felons that have completed their sentence to vote, so it's not that exceptional. Also, unlike the UK and many other countries, where it's only serving prisoners (pace the ECHR) who are excluding from voting, most states that allow released felons to vote only allow them to do so when all parts of the sentence including supervised parole, probation etc, are completed. That's the model Florida will adopt if the measure passes.
    That makes more sense then - I got the impression from american tv show jokes that almost no felons in the US could vote.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,728
    kle4 said:

rpjs said:

kle4 said:

That makes more sense then - I got the impression from american tv show jokes that almost no felons in the US could vote.
    Cue jokes about Congress...
    kle4 said:

rpjs said:

kle4 said:

Supervised parole etc can last a very long time after release so yes, a lot of released felons are in practice disenfranchised.
    kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

He calmly dealt with it while making his disdain for the channel abundantly clear. I don't think he burnt anyone by doing so, and it was rude, but he did deal with it comfortably.
    Ok... as my wife says a million times, I do have a tendency to hyperbolise.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,742
    edited November 2018
    kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

I'd rather put a revolver to my head and pull the trigger than do x, y or z = calmly?

I wonder why Banks didn't reach for the Webley before doing an interview 2 years ago for..er..CH4?

edited November 2018

kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

I'd rather put a revolver to my head and pull the trigger than do x, y or z = calmly?

I was referring to his delivery, not his words. He didn't get flustered, or rant, or shout, so while what he said was rude, he didn't lose his cool, I don't see how that is controversial to note. People get away with incendiary or nonsense comments all the time so long as they can deliver it in a calm or polite fashion, I wasn't endorsing what he said, but he was clearly calm and collected, therefore he dealt with it comfortably, comfortably enough in fact to engage in a deliberately absurd comparison.
    SeanT said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Either way, I'm not going to fight on this semantic hill. What I am saying is that there is an agenda on the left (whether it be cultural Marxist, anarcho-surrealist, post-nationalist Boasian fruitlooper, whatever) which asserts that races do not exist, biologically, and cannot be scientifically proven to exist.

Except race is clearly a social construct. The way the Irish went from "basically inseparable from the Negro" to "white" in America over the years clearly shows race is a social construct.

If someone's genes are more than 50% western European (which covers a massive amount of African Americans) but they have a high melanin count I bet you fuck loads of money you would call them black despite their scientific DNA telling rationalist you otherwise.

This isn't about colour (the use of colour to denote "race" has always bedevilled this poisonous debate) it is about genes. Most scientists accept that are three (or maybe five) genetic clusters which we might call human races (or human ancestries, if you prefer). Very very roughly, they correspond with common perceptions of "African", "European", and "east Asian". If you drill down you'd probably separate out Australian aborigines, and some others, etc

Of course within and between these divisions there is an immense amount of blurring, overlapping, and fuzziness - a Japanese man may share more DNA with a Welsh guy from Cardiff than he does a fellow Japanese man from Osaka - leading to all kinds of confusion, and allowing less scrupulous types, with an agenda, to go too far, and claim that race does not exist at all, which is blatantly daft.
    I would have paid good money to hear you responding to Professor Yehudi Bauer giving a speech on this topic at Yad Vashem when I was there a few years back.

He muddled 'race' and 'species.'
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,670
    FPTFoxy said:
    » show previous quotes
    There is a big Polynesian minority too, Kanaks being Melanesian like PNG, so Kanaks are a minority overall.
    Same as happened in Scotland
  • I see the French continue to be as popular as the pox.

When British territories like Gibraltar and the Falklands hold referendums to stay British they lead to overwhelming results in favour that'd make Vladimir Putin blush.
  • SeanT said:

notme said:

lol. Yes. Calmly shredded her.
    I'm not a fan of Aaron Banks but it's hard to disagree with that, and even harder to have sympathy with Channel 4 news and their eight viewers.
  • In defence of Channel 4 News, it's worth noting Jon Snow, rightly, pushed Corbyn hard on the money he was happy to take from Iranian state TV.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766
    kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

Also, he was talking utter shit.

Channel 4 is not the leading proponent of fake news. That's Carol Whatsername.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,548
    SeanT said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

This isn't about colour (the use of colour to denote "race" has always bedevilled this poisonous debate) it is about genes. Most scientists accept that are three (or maybe five) genetic clusters which we might call human races (or human ancestries, if you prefer). Very very roughly, they correspond with common perceptions of "African", "European", and "east Asian". If you drill down you'd probably separate out Australian aborigines, and some others, etc

Of course within and between these divisions there is an immense amount of blurring, overlapping, and fuzziness - a Japanese man may share more DNA with a Welsh guy from Cardiff than he does a fellow Japanese man from Osaka - leading to all kinds of confusion, and allowing less scrupulous types, with an agenda, to go too far, and claim that race does not exist at all, which is blatantly daft....
    As a scientific category, it doesn’t. Genetic population groups have only the vaguest correspondence to the far less defined (and constantly redefined) categories which constitute ideas of ‘race’.

edited November 2018
    rcs1000 said:

kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

Snigger. Guido calls her Carole Codswallop, but even so she knocked 20% off the share price of one of the biggest companies on the planet.
    rcs1000 said:

kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

But as Rees Mogg has demonstrated, politely talking utter shit can be quite persuasive for some people.

SeanT said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Of course within and between these divisions there is an immense amount of blurring, overlapping, and fuzziness - a Japanese man may share more DNA with a Welsh guy from Cardiff than he does a fellow Japanese man from Osaka - leading to all kinds of confusion, and allowing less scrupulous types, with an agenda, to go too far, and claim that race does not exist at all, which is blatantly daft.

The presence of Neanderthal dna in European ancestry never really gets brought up as part of the debate about races. Interesting in its absence across the rest of the human populations.
  • kle4 said:

kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

I was referring to his delivery, not his words. He didn't get flustered, or rant, or shout, so while what he said was rude, he didn't lose his cool,
    Magic Grandpa could learn a lot from Mr Banks.....

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

But as Rees Mogg has demonstrated, politely talking utter shit can be quite persuasive for some people.

For Jeremy Corbyn, 39.99% of the population. Admittedly he doesn't always stay calm and polite.
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,230
    rcs1000 said:

kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

Vorderman??!!

I see the French continue to be as popular as the pox.

When British territories like Gibraltar and the Falklands hold referendums to stay British they lead to overwhelming results in favour that'd make Vladimir Putin blush.

I'm disappointed Malcolm hasn't made the obvious retort about Scotland...
    Nigelb said:

SeanT said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Of course within and between these divisions there is an immense amount of blurring, overlapping, and fuzziness - a Japanese man may share more DNA with a Welsh guy from Cardiff than he does a fellow Japanese man from Osaka - leading to all kinds of confusion, and allowing less scrupulous types, with an agenda, to go too far, and claim that race does not exist at all, which is blatantly daft....
    As a scientific category, it doesn’t. Genetic population groups have only the vaguest correspondence to the far less defined (and constantly redefined) categories which constitute ideas of ‘race’.

Fair point, but if we can use an objective test that can be defined numerically (the genetic clusters that @SeanT propounds) instead of subjective tests ("he looks black/white/whateva") then we have something that's tractable.
  • kle4 said:

kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

I was referring to his delivery, not his words. He didn't get flustered, or rant, or shout, so while what he said was rude, he didn't lose his cool,
    Magic Grandpa could learn a lot from Mr Banks.....

Not bothering with that tedious 'vote for me' business?
  • There is other polling in Florida showing this measure at or just above the 60% needed for it to pass. I wonder whether this is one of those issues where voters might be less liberal in reality than when they answer polls. To over simplify a bit the currently excluded felons are overwhelmingly Black men and Black men overwhelmingly vote Democratic. Although the socioeconomic group most impacted has very low turnouts. Regardless even a 20% turnout amongst a newly enfranchised 1.5m is 300K votes. If the demographics of that 300k lean Democratic... Wellit would have stoped Bush vs Gore going to the Supreme Court. I just wonder given how divided Florida is, given the racial subtext and given the need for a supermajority whether the polls will be correct.

Incidently Michigan which Trump won narrowly has an even more radical set of Voter Registration reforms on the ballot and polling has them passing overwhelmingly. The potentional partisan impact is more mixed with easier postal voting perhaps compensating for other measures than make it easier to register economically marginalised groups.
    notme said:

SeanT said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

The presence of Neanderthal dna in European ancestry never really gets brought up as part of the debate about races. Interesting in its absence across the rest of the human populations.
    Probably because 1j it’s more complicated than that -
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interbreeding_between_archaic_and_modern_humans#Neanderthals
    - and 2) scientists have some time since abandoned race as a useful term, and are interested instead in population genetics.
    viewcode said:

Nigelb said:

SeanT said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Fair point, but if we can use an objective test that can be defined numerically (the genetic clusters that @SeanT propounds) instead of subjective tests ("he looks black/white/whateva") then we have something that's tractable.
    There is no single ‘objective test’.
    It’s complicated.

viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

Vorderman??!!
    Letters not jump to conclusions.
  • Mr. T, genetic differences between races, if we use that term, are really, really minor.

Hair is an interesting divergence. Not just colour, but fineness, frizziness etc. Varies from European to African to Persian to Far Eastern.

Single and double eyelids is another.

There's a minor difference between limb and height proportions, I believe, between certainly the Far East and maybe Asia generally with Europe (read in a karate book once that the forms had to be slightly altered for Westerners because of this).

But when you look at that, and the variety of other species, it's really small potatoes.
    SeanT said:

notme said:

SeanT said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Australian aborigines (especially those from the far north of Queensland, the Torres Strait, Tiwi islands, etc) seem to me the most obvious example of a discrete human race, clearly distinct from, say, Europeans or Chinese.

Interestingly, DNA analysis shows that long ago Australian aborigines interbred with an unknown hominid species (NOT Neanderthal, or Denisovan - who interbred with Europeans and Asians)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-26/dna-of-extinct-human-species-pacific-islanders-analysis-suggests/7968950

This surely marks them out as a different "race", though I accept that some will never permit
    this word in polite circles.
    In pretty well the same way that aether and phlogiston aren’t talked about much in science anymore.
    Though with added poliitical overtones.

SeanT said:

Hm. I'm not sure that would be true of places like Bermuda, or the Caymans, especially if HMG goes through with its plan to clamp down on overseas tax havens.

As for the French, they cling on (rather well) to their still considerable overseas possessions by pumping them full of subsidies: paying Fench natives very high wages to go overseas, establishing lavish local welfare systems, and so forth.

That said, this infantilising of the local populations, forever kept afloat by metropolitan largesse, never weaned off the teat of imperial Paris, can make these territories rather depressing places to visit.

Martinique is one of the most miserable places on earth, in my experience. The locals know they rely on French subsidy, and they resent it, as it unmans them, yet they are also hooked on it. They are teenagerishly churlish and surly as a result.

Struggling not to make the Northern Ireland comparison.

Except the margin you are mocking by which New Caledonia has voted to stay part of France is remarkably similar to the margin actual Caledonia voted to remain in the United Kingdom.

So apart from by far the biggest and most recent example utterly refuting your jingoistic point you are correct.
    edited November 2018
    SeanT said:

Nigelb said:

SeanT said:

notme said:

SeanT said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Excepientific DNA telling rationalist you otherwise.

This iss, with an agenda, to go too far, and claim that race does not exist at all, which is blatantly daft.

Australian aborigines (especially those from the far north of Queensland, the Torres Strait, Tiwi islands, etc) seem to me the most obvious example of a discrete human race, clearly distinct from, say, Europeans or Chinese.

Interestingly, DNA analysis shows that long ago Australian aborigines interbred with an unknown hominid species (NOT Neanderthal, or Denisovan - who interbred with Europeans and Asians)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-26/dna-of-extinct-human-species-pacific-islanders-analysis-suggests/7968950

This surely marks them out as a different "race", though I accept that some will never permit
    this word in polite circles.
    In pretty well the same way that aether and phlogiston aren’t talked about much in science anymore.
    Though with added poliitical overtones.

We basically agree, you're just angrier and have a smaller cranial size, because of your race.
    I’m just less wedded to antique terms, or genial abuse.
    Not angry with you at all, Sean.

Nigelb said:

viewcode said:

Nigelb said:

SeanT said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

It’s complicated.

I accept that it's complicated, but it's something that should be sorted out IMHO. The original post was on this article (h ttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6350675/White-theatre-director-classes-born-African.html ). If there is no objective test then Mr Lennon's claim may be as legitimate as anybody elses's.
    ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

kle4 said:

notme said:

You think?

Vorderman??!!
    Letters not jump to conclusions.
    :)
  • Mr. B, you'll be deriding phrenology next.

On a more serious note, would you abolish all racial quotas, targets, etc?

I'm not unsympathetic to your view, but the practicalities of declaring race irrelevant/non-existent would be... interesting.
    viewcode said:

Nigelb said:

viewcode said:

Nigelb said:

SeanT said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

It’s complicated.

I accept that it's complicated, but it's something that should be sorted out IMHO. The original post was on this article (h ttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6350675/White-theatre-director-classes-born-African.html ). If there is no objective test then Mr Lennon's claim may be as legitimate as anybody elses's.
    Indeed it might. And if you’re looking for scientific help in devising some sort of DNA profiling to determine government grants, it could be rather a long wait.

• JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    As ever, be careful about citing media reporting of an individual scientific paper. Especially when it backs up your views ...

Mr. B, you'll be deriding phrenology next.

I'm not unsympathetic to your view, but the practicalities of declaring race irrelevant/non-existent would be... interesting.

I apologise for banging on about it, but if you don't have an objective test...how do you know if the quotas have been met?

Mr. B, you'll be deriding phrenology next.

Are they defined as racial ?
    I would be delighted with a society without either negative or positive discrimination on grounds of colour or place of origin, but I suspect that’s a little ways off yet.

For now, I have to shoulder the progressive burden, and go cook dinner.

Except the margin you are mocking by which New Caledonia has voted to stay part of France is remarkably similar to the margin actual Caledonia voted to remain in the United Kingdom.

So apart from by far the biggest and most recent example utterly refuting your jingoistic point you are correct.
    Delicious.

Bait, reel and release.
  • US elections. Things starting to really get going:

https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1059125108520947720
  • AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487

Just half a step away from “Gallic twats” mode again I see, Casino. How odd life must look, viewed from your crusty Union Jack y-fronts.
    Pulpstar said:

notme said:

Banks came across in that film as smug, shifty, deluded twat. Only on PB could that be considered ‘burning’ the reporter. It’s an alternative universe on here. The UKIP sycophants’ echo chamber.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    edited November 2018
    If O’Rourke can win TX, he can take the White House, should he run.
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    There was an independence referendum today in New Caledonia today. 56% voted to remain part of France.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/04/new-caledonians-vote-stay-french-tense-referendum/
  • :lol:

"We have great news for everyone. In just six days, the 2020 presidential campaign will begin!

(No, we’re really not kidding.)

But before then, we have the small matter of the 2018 midterm to settle."

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/
  • Mr. Borough, hope it comes off. I backed him at shorter odds.
    Anazina said:

If O’Rourke can win TX, he can take the White House, should he run.
    If the polls are wrong in Texas, then they are wrong in the same direction and have been wrong all along. Looking at the curves, something is going to have be seriously wrong for Beto to win.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/tx/texas_senate_cruz_vs_orourke-6310.html
  • Anazina said:

Just half a step away from “Gallic twats” mode again I see, Casino. How odd life must look, viewed from your crusty Union Jack y-fronts.
    Hey, all my Union Jack underwear is well laundered. You have to respect our nation's flag.

I don't know why you're so curious about seeing the world from my crotch, but I'm taken thanks xxx
    Anazina said:

Banks came across in that film as smug, shifty, deluded twat. Only on PB could that be considered ‘burning’ the reporter. It’s an alternative universe on here. The UKIP sycophants’ echo chamber.

On the contrary, I really dislike this sort of drive-by interviewing, shouting questions to someone. It's not as bad as doorstepping, but it's still sh*t journalism by journalists more keen on their careers than the truth.

The journalist comes across worse than Banks.

And I am no fan of Banks.
    edited November 2018
    27% of the population of New Caledonia is European and I assume they voted overwhelmingly in favour of remaining part of France. The non-Europeans probably voted in favour independence given the rather close 56/44 result.

Anazina said:

On the contrary, I really dislike this sort of drive-by interviewing, shouting questions to someone. It's not as bad as doorstepping, but it's still sh*t journalism by journalists more keen on their careers than the truth.

Ever since the great crash ten years ago I've gone off them myself.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    Anazina said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

Only pb lefties think Channel 4 isn't a remainer propaganda station.
    ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

I'm obviously missing something (*) - what did the 08 crash have to do with my comment???

(*) aside from the obvious ... ;)

ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

I'm obviously missing something (*) - what did the 08 crash have to do with my comment???

It was a feeble attempt at humour.

I shall stick to making awesome puns directly in future.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766
    MaxPB said:

Anazina said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

Channel 4 produces what its viewers want to watch.
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

I daresay my feebleness at understanding is far greater than your feebleness at attempting humour. ;)
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    edited November 2018
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Anazina said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

True, but given that it's publicly owned it should have some kind of remit for balance rather than being a stupidly right on "progressive" anti-leave propaganda channel.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Anazina said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

Well, I used to watch CH4 news daily - now I never go anywhere near it.

Delicious.

Bait, reel and release.
    As far as I remember YS is English and approximately in favour of the Union. Still, you coarse fisherman are happy catching anything.
    Floater said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Anazina said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

Well, I used to watch CH4 news daily - now I never go anywhere near it.
    It used to be the best and most in-depth news programme on TV, slightly better than Newsnight.
    MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Anazina said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

True, but given that it's publicly owned it should have some kind of remit for balance rather than being a stupidly right on "progressive" anti-leave propaganda channel.
    Leaving the vitriol aside for a moment, you see this when organisations contract. Those who remain (pun not intended) are convinced that their way is the good way, and it becomes a feedback loop.
    viewcode said:

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Anazina said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

Leaving the vitriol aside for a moment, you see this when organisations contract. Those who remain (pun not intended) are convinced that their way is the good way, and it becomes a feedback loop.
    They also tend to be the weakest people as the ablest ones are best placed to get out.
  • ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

You were always a punny guy :lol:
    edited November 2018

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

Oh, Fawkes off :wink:

Edit - doesn't work. Let's try, Oh, for Fawkes' sake...
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

He was only guying you.
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

He was only guying you.
    I think I'm getting burned, actually.
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

He was only guying you.
    Just a light roasting.
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

He was only guying you.
    Just a light roasting.
    Wood you stake your reputation on that? If so I fear you're rather green.
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

He was only guying you.
    Just a light roasting.
    That’s an incendiary statement likely to kindle resentment.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited November 2018
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Anazina said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

So what you are saying is*...

*TM Cathy Newman
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

He was only guying you.
    Just a light roasting.
    And that was quite a rocket.

Have a good evening.
    It's almost like the turnout filters are broken due to unprecedented high turnout.

If only some wise person had been saying this for the last few weeks.
  • geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,092
    Channel 4 news went down the plughole when Peter Sissons left and was replaced by his lofty lefty understudy.
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Anazina said:

He was only guying you.
    Just a light roasting.
    And that was quite a rocket.

Have a good evening.
    You’re right - let’s not start a flame war; we don’t want to extinguish our regard for each other.
    ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Anazina said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

They also tend to be the weakest people as the ablest ones are best placed to get out.
    Indeed.
This discussion has been closed.