Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Meanwhile Johnson edges up further in the next CON leader bett

Comments

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    "Once again, Theresa May tries to claim victory – but the EU has conceded next to nothing
    Jonathan Freedland"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/12/once-again-theresa-may-tries-to-claim-victory-but-the-eu-have-conceded-next-to-nothing
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,152
    Cox at 12:30 in HoC.
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315
    dixiedean said:

Fishing said:

Once again, the United States shows us the way, this time on Daylight Savings Time:

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/433599-trump-raises-hopes-for-permanent-daylight-savings-time

Blimey! Trump has sensible policy shock.
    The EU are planning the same change - it was going to be from this October but is now being planned from 2021. We would presumably follow - which would mean choosing between GMT all year (which would upset southerners as it would get dark at 8pm in summer) or BST all year (which would upset the Scots as it wouldn't get light in winter until 10.30am). Could Scotland have its own time zone and Ni align to Ireland?

Could choosing between summer or winter time all year round become as divisive as Brexit and put the union at risk......?!

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/changing-clocks-ireland-european-parliament-14088830
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,152
    Scott_P said:
    That must have taken him all of two minutes to decide.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,123

Cox at 12:30 in HoC.

Thanks. May contrive to find time to watch that.
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,435
    Scott_P said:
    Dirge? What about Verdi 's version?
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:
    I thought Cox was the one who had been negotiating the deal?
    I say again, if Cox says no it doesn't do what she wants, then she has to resign. It is over.

Leadership race by weekend.
    If he does I'll oppose the deal again and the Commons 100% definitely will.
    Whether it "does what she wants" is not a matter for legal advice.

He'll say basically what Lidlington said last night, legally binding, but suspension, no unilateral out, etc etc.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,570
    Another reason to leave! They don’t like our cooking!

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1105412356832669696?s=20
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:
    I say again, if Cox says no it doesn't do what she wants, then she has to resign. It is over.

If he does I'll oppose the deal again and the Commons 100% definitely will.
    Whether it "does what she wants" is not a matter for legal advice.

He'll say basically what Lidlington said last night, legally binding, but suspension, no unilateral out, etc etc.
    A legally binding suspension and a legally binding exit are pretty much the same thing if the suspension is not reversed.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Italian cuisine isn't healthy though - all that dough, all those carbs, all that gluten let alone the pineapples on top. Just slows you down and depletes your energy.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,793

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

It would be very strange to say the least if Cox has negotiated a deal he himself can't legally support?
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    That must have taken him all of two minutes to decide.
    so what was the point of him writing to the AG - he could ask in the commons now of course...

https://twitter.com/johnredwood/status/1105419029265739777
  • Options
    It must be up to Cox and the DUP now, both of whom have TM future in their hands
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,141

Scott_P said:
    His reputation will be made or broken today.
    Everybody's waiting to see what emoji he tweets
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870

Scott_P said:
    Dirge? What about Verdi 's version?
    Ah, the best Requiems miss it out though - Fauré's and Duruflé's.

(Completely off-topic, but if you want a thrilling modern Catholic mass, Yves Castagnet's 'Messe Salve Regina' is stunning. Real turn-it-up-to-11 stuff.)
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Sporting Index have a spread bet market on the number of Ayes, currently at 268-278. In the last vote the result was 202.

My gut reaction is that they've pitched it about right, but this could be very volatile depending on what Cox says and (most importantly) on what the DUP decide.
  • Options
    SeanTSeanT Posts: 549

We’d have been near the bottom of that list 30 years ago.

But it is a silly list anyway, apart from the obvious top five or six. German cuisine better than Singaporean? Really? Currywurst better than laksa?

And Turkish cuisine better than Vietnamese??!!

Vietnamese should be in the top 3.

AND I TRAVEL THE WORLD EATING LOTS FOR A LIVING SO I KNOW, SO THERE
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Love Cox reply to Jon "Fuck The Tories" Snow spreading around fake news on Twitter :D

https://twitter.com/Geoffrey_Cox/status/1105393787243778053
  • Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,546
    Key thing is to keep count of the Tories who aren't backing May:

Damian Collins,
    Sam Gyimah,
    Andrea Jenkyns.

Presumably Anne Marie Morris as she was the one Brexiteer who didn't go with Brady? Have I missed any?

If that list stays a trickle, there's a chance that 15 Labour MPs dive in and save the deal. As soon as you've got 20 or so on the list, they won't bother and it's doomed.

As many posters are saying, something has changed. Nothing to do with the froth in Strasbourg, it's that for the first time we can see what happens next if this deal isn't passed - and it's not going to get any more palatable to a Brexit fan. That's the real change today.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,789

Italian cuisine is the best, but much of this is just down to familiarity. US cuisine ought to be at the bottom of the list, Lebanese cuisine should be close to the top. So should Carribean, so long as your stomach is lined with copper.

Good Thai food is very good, but there's a lot of crap that's marketed as Thai food in this country.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,914

Sporting Index have a spread bet market on the number of Ayes, currently at 268-278. In the last vote the result was 202.

My gut reaction is that they've pitched it about right, but this could be very volatile depending on what Cox says and (most importantly) on what the DUP decide.

Labour abstentions could be key today.

• Options
    PhilPhil Posts: 1,928
    SeanT said:

Wasn't DAG being punted as a remoaner last night?
    He very obviously doesn't have the necessary movable principles or the self deceiving ability to spin on the tiniest coin of 'unilateral declaration' to become an honorable member.

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1105391205381218305

He’s a total Remoaner who pretends to be a Leaver who is merely “interested in the legal issues”. It’s utter horseshit, he is desperate to see Brexit reversed; for some reason he is unable to admit it, but all his tweets - especially the unguarded late-night ones - underline this.

That doesn’t make his opinions worthless, however. He is often acute, and prescient.
    To paraphrase his own words, he’s an instinctive Eurosceptics who nevertheless thinks Brexit is amazingly stupid, which is a position I think I might place myself if pushed:

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/874527377111515137

• Options

Is Onasanya suspended or is she able to vote on her tag?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

I don't think she's suspended from the House.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Not sure. I don't think she's voted since they let her out of clink, but I might be wrong.
  • Options
    Phil said:

SeanT said:

He very obviously doesn't have the necessary movable principles or the self deceiving ability to spin on the tiniest coin of 'unilateral declaration' to become an honorable member.

He’s a total Remoaner who pretends to be a Leaver who is merely “interested in the legal issues”. It’s utter horseshit, he is desperate to see Brexit reversed; for some reason he is unable to admit it, but all his tweets - especially the unguarded late-night ones - underline this.

That doesn’t make his opinions worthless, however. He is often acute, and prescient.
    To paraphrase his own words, he’s an instinctive Eurosceptics who nevertheless thinks Brexit is amazingly stupid, which is a position I think I might place myself if pushed:

He has described himself as a "recovering Conservative", so I think his views are quite different to what they were.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    DavidL said:

She can vote I think but not sure what happens if the vote is beyond her curfew?

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the police rocked up and arrested her for breaking her parole conditions? :D
  • Options

DavidL said:

Which rather begs the question: why not?
  • Options
    tpfkar said:

Key thing is to keep count of the Tories who aren't backing May:

Damian Collins,
    Sam Gyimah,
    Andrea Jenkyns.

Presumably Anne Marie Morris as she was the one Brexiteer who didn't go with Brady? Have I missed any?

If that list stays a trickle, there's a chance that 15 Labour MPs dive in and save the deal. As soon as you've got 20 or so on the list, they won't bother and it's doomed.

As many posters are saying, something has changed. Nothing to do with the froth in Strasbourg, it's that for the first time we can see what happens next if this deal isn't passed - and it's not going to get any more palatable to a Brexit fan. That's the real change today.

Anne Marie Morris sounded as though she was wavering.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,336

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Trouble is people (ERGers) have become so entrenched that they will be blind to any actual concession as the volte face required would be too much for them.

They are stuck. As therefore are we.

Not really. If they do ensure May's deal doesn't pass, we will move on to Norway Plus, a referendum or Remain. That's why I just cannot see them voting against. They would be entirely mad to reject the deal. I know some of them are, but not enough - surely! Here's hoping, though ;-)

I think you will get your wish. TMay’s deal will fall tonight. Probably. In extremis, parliament will vote for an extension, and a referendum, or Norway +.

Game theory suggests we will crash out, but in the end - surely - MPs will realize this is not a game.

My guess is that a lot of MPs who have been loyal to May and cannot countenance No Deal will feel that if the ERG votes the deal down again they are released of all previous obligations. May sat next to Junker last night when he said that this is the final offer. She said she passionately believed in it. It's this or nothing for Brexiteers. They surely have to realise this. Surely.

Exactly:

https://twitter.com/NickBoles/status/1105387147446636545?s=20
    I don't like May, but she has effectively sacrificed her career to deliver a Brexit she didn't even vote for. If the Leave crew turn this one down, then they have abandoned Brexit over an issue of procedural fuckwittery.

The country doesn't want No Deal.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,215
    Sean_F said:

Phil said:

SeanT said:

He has described himself as a "recovering Conservative", so I think his views are quite different to what they were.
    The Brexit disease is going to create a fair few recovering Conservatives in coming years.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,914
    Outside of the UK, British cuisine is fish and chips and Breakfast. Most people seem to like them.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Francois makes Grayling appear a serious intellect.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    tpfkar said:

Brexiteers are staring into the abyss.

How many of them are stupid enough to jump?
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900

Can imagine it in terms of a breakdown of parliamentary discipline.

Question though: does the EU's "no more, we've had enough" last night mean we're really at deal vs no-deal stage suddenly? There's been a presumption of an extension before today, but now a no really does become close to voting for no-deal.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Because the line is drawn at a custodial sentence of a year?

Personally, I understand why disqualifying MPs convicted of an offence (a la Singapore) might not be a great idea.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,918
    Phil said:

SeanT said:

So when I said last night that he was a Remainer and Williamglenn tried to claim that was rubbish I was in fact right and once again William is talking out of his backside.
  • Options

Outside of the UK, British cuisine is fish and chips and Breakfast. Most people seem to like them.

And roast beef and lamb. Nothing too fancy.
  • Options
    kingbongokingbongo Posts: 393
    SeanT said:

he does however have a habit of asserting his own opinion as a solicitor as legal truths not to be questioned.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    GIN1138 said:

DavidL said:

She can vote I think but not sure what happens if the vote is beyond her curfew?

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the police rocked up and arrested her for breaking her parole conditions? :D
    She may want the Deal to pass to minimise the chances of an early election. The image of her casting vote being denied due to the police dragging her away from the Aye lobby would be a wonderful metaphor, but there's almost zero chance of this.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

And roast beef and lamb. Nothing too fancy.
    Don't forger Yorkshire pudding. :D
  • Options

One thing that puzzles me is why should any supporter of Remain, like Sam Gyimah, have a problem with the backstop? Surely, it has the effect of softening, rather than hardening, Brexit.
  • Options
    "I now consider that the legally binding provisions of the Joint Instrument and the content of the Unilateral Declaration reduce the risk that the United Kingdom could be indefinitely and involuntarily detained within the Protocol’s provisions at least in so far as that situation had been brought about by the bad faith or want of best endeavours of the EU.

However, the legal risk remains unchanged that if through no such demonstrable failure of either party, but simply because of intractable differences, that situation does arise, the United Kingdom would have, at least while the fundamental circumstances remained the same, no internationally lawful means of exiting the Protocol’s arrangements, save by agreement. "
  • Options
    PhilPhil Posts: 1,928
    Sean_F said:

Given the current shitshow of incompetence that is the Conservative partyin government, I can imagine a fair few people find themselves in this position.

Maybe I’m just seeing the past through rose-coloured glasses & it was always this bad however.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419

268-278 is a fair spread but the graph is double-peaked. If there's one thing I would predict, it's that there won't be around 270 Ayes. It could be around 220 or it could be around 310 but I think that if the DUP swing round, then a lot of the ERG, other sceptics from January (e.g. Brady), and some Labour MPs will switch too as a domino effect takes place and MPs ask themselves "can I really risk No Deal if *they've* come on board". Alternatively, the other scenario is that they say "nothing has changed", and so see no need to move first.
  • Options
    It's dead. Cox's last paragraph has killed it.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

We’d have been near the bottom of that list 30 years ago.

But it is a silly list anyway, apart from the obvious top five or six. German cuisine better than Singaporean? Really? Currywurst better than laksa?

And Turkish cuisine better than Vietnamese??!!

Vietnamese should be in the top 3.

AND I TRAVEL THE WORLD EATING LOTS FOR A LIVING SO I KNOW, SO THERE
    It's also a question of who can tolerate a large amount of spice - an allergy to chilli rules out about half of the world's cuisine for me.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Because the line is drawn at a custodial sentence of a year?

Personally, I understand why disqualifying MPs convicted of an offence (a la Singapore) might not be a great idea.
    No, a 1 year sentence (which in my opinion she should have got) would have disbarred her. Her sentence has triggered the recall mechanism. But surely she has brought the House into disrepute (admittedly a bit of a challenge but bear with me) and should be subject to disciplinary procedures whether she is recalled or not? No other even semi-professional body would overlook one of its members being convicted of an attempt to pervert the course of justice. It may be, of course, that being disciplined for lying is something politicians want to be careful about.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976

To the result. They make no difference at all to the market in question, although obviously if a lot of Labour MPs abstain this will impact how others have to approach their own decisions.

I agree that the spread is right in mean terms. I suspect that the chance of the actual result being inside that bracket is pretty low.
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    "The joint instrument has legally binding effects"

It's all very unclear.......
  • Options
    I've sold at 268.
  • Options
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,152
    Perhaps I am being dim but isn't the only way for May to get the Deal to pass is to say that if it doesn't it's no Brexit?

If Parliament wants to leave it's on this basis. If not, it's Remain.

Personally, were there a Referendum I would vote Remain now. I think to push through such a monumentally important decision on the basis of a forced vote with insufficient time to consider what has been agreed without there being proper debate on where next and on the basis of a red line which prioritises cancelling FoM over the majority of the economy without voters' explicit approval of this deal is the wrong way to do this. There is no proper consent. It won't last and the European question will continue to grumble on, poisoning our politics for years to come.

Rather than take back control we will find ourselves having to do not just what the EU tells us - without any input - but what a lot of other countries tell us to, also without any input. It will lead to an ongoing slow humiliation for the country.

Rushed forced decisions are very rarely good ones. I don't think this will be the exception.

On topic. Boris - just no.

Off topic. Cheltenham today. One good thing to look forward to.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,606

It must be up to Cox and the DUP now, both of whom have TM future in their hands

The country on general, I'd say.
  • Options
    dotsdots Posts: 615
    Scott_P said:
    What’s wrong you you people on here today? Are you really that slow on uptake? May wins big tonight. Even Johnson is backing her today.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    edited March 2019
    The banterous merry-go-round just keeps on turning.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340

I've sold at 268.

You could probably safely sell at 220 now.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Perhaps I am being dim but isn't the only way for May to get the Deal to pass is to say that if it doesn't it's no Brexit?

Basically has been saying that for the last fortnight
  • Options
    edited March 2019

I've sold at 268.

I think it might end up at something like that. I don't think the DUP will play ball given Cox's conclusion, although I expect some Tory MPs will switch to supporting the deal.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    Oh dear, Cox had better go see a doctor about the contents of his codpiece.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Dropping like a stone right now
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,141
    Cyclefree said:

That's basically what's happening, except:
    1) TMay is being careful to make sure she can blame the lack of Brexit on other people
    2) Everybody's pretending that something about the agreement has changed to make it easier for brexit enthusiasts to fold
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    Fair play to Cox for producing an entirely honest viewpoint. It does him great credit.

I suspect the last paragraph will scupper it for the DUP, and that in turn will sink the deal. But who knows.
  • Options

I've sold at 268.

I think it might end up at something like that. I don't think the DUP will play ball given Cox's conclusion.
    I don't think the DUP were ever coming on board. But the ERGonauts might.

What we have learned is that a lot of them are looking for an excuse to blink.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    edited March 2019
    wrt the Cox advice: can't see the DUP going for that, tbh. Leaves us with Ayes at 313 + Lloyd + Lab rebels - Tory rebels.

How does that possibly get to 320? Even 300, maybe a threshold for MV3 next, seems a stretch.

• Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    GIN1138 said:
    The final paragraph looks like it terminates May's Deal and thence her Premiership.

However, the legal risk remains unchanged that if through no such demonstrable failure of either party, but simply because of intractable differences, that situation does arise, the United Kingdom would have, at least while the fundamental circumstances remained the same, no internationally lawful means of exiting the Protocol’s arrangements, save by agreement.

• Options

I've sold at 268.

I think it might end up at something like that. I don't think the DUP will play ball given Cox's conclusion, although I expect some Tory MPs will switch to supporting the deal.
    Has Cox conclusion been published yet
  • Options
    dotsdots Posts: 615
    GIN1138 said:

DavidL said:

Pointless wondering about half a dozen independents for this vote it’s not even close. With DUP, Davis, Mogg, now boris too, as well Tory remainers and soft brexiteers and 30mor 40 labour all voting with May sporting index Ayes looks about a hundred short.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

I wouldn't sell at 220, myself (although I realise that was somewhat in jest) - the argument that vote no -> no Brexit is still on the table.
  • Options

I've sold at 268.

Yes:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/785188/190312_-_Legal_Opinion_on_Joint_Instrument_and_Unilateral_Declaration_co..___2_.pdf
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,821
    Fenster said:

"The joint instrument has legally binding effects"

It's all very unclear.......

Para 19 is very clear

The AG agrees with BJO
  • Options
    That’s it then. Fold the tents. TMay must surely resign. It’s gonna be Norway+, new vote, or No Deal.
  • Options

I've sold at 268.

Seemingly so as per Natasha Clarke's tweet.

https://twitter.com/NatashaC
  • Options

Scott_P said:

I wouldn't sell at 220, myself (although I realise that was somewhat in jest) - the argument that vote no -> no Brexit is still on the table.
    My current guess it that Ayes will be around 215.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

That’s it then. Fold the tents. TMay must surely resign. It’s gonna be Norway+, new vote, or No Deal.

Jess Phillips PM by Christmas. ;)
  • Options

It's dead. Cox's last paragraph has killed it.

And TMay’s career as premier.
  • Options
    So basically what May/Cox have achieved is protection from bad faith on the part of the EU seeking to hold us into the backstop by simply not agreeing anything but the risk of us simply not being able to agree anything, even in good faith, remains.

Not sure that is going to be enough for May but it is a pretty straight bat from Cox.
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

Basically has been saying that for the last fortnight
    Well, not really. No Deal is still there. That needs to be removed.

I fear that is still where we end up.

To be honest, I wonder whether if Britain were to revoke Article 50 now, there would be sighs of relief in the chancelleries of Europe or groans of despair. I'm beginning to think the latter.

"Nothing in his life became him like the leaving it."

That should have been Britain's motto when we embarked on Brexit. We might at least have got some credit for how we approached this. Instead, whatever happens, we have looked like fools. That reputation will continue to harm us long after the votes have been done.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Groan. This is never going to end is it.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940
    Kaczynski says many Tories will listen to DUP. Are they taking their whip now?
  • Options
    I can't understand what's happened here as I thought Cox was the one who had been negotiating this with the EU?

Is this another **** up from May and Robbins?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,247
    edited March 2019
    dots said:

GIN1138 said:

DavidL said:

Pointless wondering about half a dozen independents for this vote it’s not even close. With DUP, Davis, Mogg, now boris too, as well Tory remainers and soft brexiteers and 30mor 40 labour all voting with May sporting index Ayes looks about a hundred short.
    Where are you getting these figures from. Cox advice looks very honest but not sure it helps. However, ERG facing the almost certain loss of brexit if this falls may add to their thoughts
  • Options

GIN1138 said:
    The final paragraph looks like it terminates May's Deal and thence her Premiership.

However, the legal risk remains unchanged that if through no such demonstrable failure of either party, but simply because of intractable differences, that situation does arise, the United Kingdom would have, at least while the fundamental circumstances remained the same, no internationally lawful means of exiting the Protocol’s arrangements, save by agreement.

Sir Humphrey would be proud.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    WTF!!??

I'm pissed off and angry. I was backing this last night and this morning but that's it!

I'm absolutely livid this has come to pass. Enough is enough May must go NOW!
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    GIN1138 said:

I can't understand what's happened here as I thought Cox was the one who had been negotiating this with the EU?

Is this another **** up from May and Robbins?

Didn't Dominic Raab negotiate the original Brexit deal, then resign in protest at it? :D
  • Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,546
    Sean_F said:

One thing that puzzles me is why should any supporter of Remain, like Sam Gyimah, have a problem with the backstop? Surely, it has the effect of softening, rather than hardening, Brexit.

From my pov, and presumably his as well (although I've no reason to assume this) this whole phase is passing me by - the backstop is the least of the problems with the deal. So probably more about his concerns not being addressed.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

So basically what May/Cox have achieved is protection from bad faith on the part of the EU seeking to hold us into the backstop by simply not agreeing anything but the risk of us simply not being able to agree anything, even in good faith, remains.

Not sure that is going to be enough for May but it is a pretty straight bat from Cox.

It's a question of trust, isn't it. We have to trust the EU that they - like we - will want to get an FTA.

This whole issue has arisen because so many in the Tory party simply don't want to trust anything that comes out of Europe. It has become a bogeyman for them. And if they won't trust then no amount of legal wording will ever satisfy them.
  • Options
    GBP dropping off a cliff.
This discussion has been closed.