Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

Comments

• Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,306
    Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

FPT
    ydoethur said:
    » show previous quotes
    This one still has legs on the other side too. Asked if he can appeal:

Wings Over Scotland

@WingsScotland
    Replying to @Guinness_Alan
    We can, yes, and will decide whether to do so after getting Counsel's advice.

1:41 PM - Apr 17, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    See Wings Over Scotland's other Tweets
    For those interested this is the actual judgment: http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/pdf-docs-for-opinions/2019scedin32.pdf?sfvrsn=0

It is actually a rather good piece of prose, measured, clear and careful. It is worth a bit of time for those who have it.

What chance Mr Wings is going to end up with a large bill for Ms Dugdale’s costs?
    Odds on but not certain.
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315
    Perhaps they get satisfaction in seeing Londoners suffer? It’s easy to back the protestors if you aren’t personally affected?
  • Options

DavidL said:

FPT

You know, these European Parliament election thingys are fun. Can we keep them after we leave?

Sort of like Eurovision without the awful music.
    An incandescent TSE will be along in 5,4,3.....
    Surely I am not the only one who only used to put it on for the voting?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,782

ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Foxy said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Meaningless exercise.

Stay at home then :)
    I may do. I find it oddly difficult to predict my own state of mind. If other people find the same, there's a good reason for thinking opinion polls are bollocks.
    I think I'm going to pick a random party and draw a cock and balls in the box.

It still counts...so maybe not quite random then. Not Brexit or Labour...
    I'm not sure it would count. I've seen a heart drawn and that was counted because "the intention was clear" - not so sure about your proposed drawing.
    @ydoethur is referring to a real case in the past where such a drawing was accepted as a valid vote.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,242
    viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Foxy said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Meaningless exercise.

I may do. I find it oddly difficult to predict my own state of mind. If other people find the same, there's a good reason for thinking opinion polls are bollocks.

I'm not sure it would count. I've seen a heart drawn and that was counted because "the intention was clear" - not so sure about your proposed drawing.
    @ydoethur is referring to a real case in the past where such a drawing was accepted as a valid vote.
    Montgomeryshire, 2015.
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,897

An Assad apologist and denier of Labour anti-semitism a professor no more:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/piers-robinson_uk_5cb5d5b5e4b082aab08c953f?hya

Why are people called Piers invariably twats?
    I blame the parents.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,304

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

So for some people (moi for example) with the loonies having siphoned themselves off to Brexit Party and UKIP I will find it quite safe to vote for the Conservatives.

I mean when I think about it my brain explodes at the whole dynamic but I am speaking as but a simple voter.

I usually vote Tory but will vote LD in the locals and Change UK or LD for the European elections and have persuaded others to do likewise!
    Why? As a Remain thing?
    I cannot vote Tory as that would be an endorsement of their Brexit strategy, they have lost the tag of being a competent government in my eyes. I seek to punish them and to be honest they have delivered very little for me personally, philosophically I may be closer to them but their period in office needs to be brought to an end as does this obsession with Europe.

I cannot vote for Labour led by Corbyn and so my vote would go to Change UK in the European elections unless some sort of joint arrangement occurs with the LD. In local elections the LD looks like the only choice as Change UK to my knowledge don't have candidates. I am not going to vote Tory or Labour as this Brexit madness should be halted as the best deal is being in the EU. So Brexit is a main driver but the sheer incompetence of Tories and Labour mean I have to look for protest vehicles.
    Interesting. I am a deal fan (it's all sounding a bit like 1922 and the Treaty/anti-Treaty men) and hence I want to encourage a Theresa May-led Conservative Party. Quite how that nuance can be conveyed on my ballot paper(s) goodness only knows.
  • Options
    I hate to say this but Farage's campaign is very European. The concept of the "List of X" where X is a charismatic and wealthy person, and the list is a list of people willing to stand under his/her banner, is widely known in Europe. The lists enabled post-Warsaw Pact countries to take part in democratic politics despite the fact that parties were either non-existent or (in the case of the Communist party) hated. It appears that Nigel has watched and learned. Smart fellow... :(
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Scott_P said:
    What kind of shit glue were they using?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Foxy said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Meaningless exercise.

Montgomeryshire, 2015.
    Good to know, thank you.
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    edited April 2019

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

So for some people (moi for example) with the loonies having siphoned themselves off to Brexit Party and UKIP I will find it quite safe to vote for the Conservatives.

I mean when I think about it my brain explodes at the whole dynamic but I am speaking as but a simple voter.

I usually vote Tory but will vote LD in the locals and Change UK or LD for the European elections and have persuaded others to do likewise!
    Why? As a Remain thing?
    I cannot vote Tory as that would be an endorsement of their Brexit strategy, they have lost the tag of being a competent government in my eyes. I seek to punish them and to be honest they have delivered very little for me personally, philosophically I may be closer to them but their period in office needs to be brought to an end as does this obsession with Europe.

I cannot vote for Labour led by Corbyn and so my vote would go to Change UK in the European elections unless some sort of joint arrangement occurs with the LD. In local elections the LD looks like the only choice as Change UK to my knowledge don't have candidates. I am not going to vote Tory or Labour as this Brexit madness should be halted as the best deal is being in the EU. So Brexit is a main driver but the sheer incompetence of Tories and Labour mean I have to look for protest vehicles.
    If your focus is the EU, I suggest you look at the predicted voting in your region and choose how to maximise the total seats of the three pro-EU parties, i.e. Green, LDem or C.UK. A party on <8-10% of the vote is highly unlikely to get a seat, but it varies between regions. In the W. Midlands a party might need >12-15% because there are only 7 MEPs.

No doubt there are websites that'll do the calcs. for you.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    I’m seriously enjoying watching remainiacs on twitter telling each other that this election will be under PR so it doesn’t matter which party they vote for...
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    TOPPING said:

So should there be a strong showing by Brexit/UKIP in the EUs, will the ERG nutters:

a) worry that the Cons would lose the next election as they haven't delivered Brexit and therefore rally to May's deal; or
    b) think that by continuing to oppose May's deal they will attract the Brexit/UKIP types (back) to the Cons; or
    c) not think anything at all as thinking is not their strong point?

D. Blame anyone but themselves and take as a line whatever bullshit is published in The Telegraph.

The “one more heave” and “if only there had been a true believer” argument (beloved of extremes) will be rolled out.

An aside, assuming numbers of the, cease to become MPs at the next election, where might they find employment? I can’t see much of the private sector wanting anything to do with them and the classic ex-Labour MP to charity sector scam doesn’t appear to be open to them.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Do you reckon Sadiq Khan is looking at those Extinction Event protestors gumming up his city and thinking

"What twat sold those water cannons?"
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited April 2019

Scott_P said:
    I would hope it is vegan eco-friendly stuff made locally from ethically sourced ingredients from a company who pays well above the living wage.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930

Scott_P said:
    Cant have been Prick Stick or they'd still be there !
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    edited April 2019
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Why? As a Remain thing?

Interesting. I am a deal fan (it's all sounding a bit like 1922 and the Treaty/anti-Treaty men) and hence I want to encourage a Theresa May-led Conservative Party. Quite how that nuance can be conveyed on my ballot paper(s) goodness only knows.
    The conundrum is what ever I do it will encourage someone to do the reverse of where I see the UK, which is part of the EU but on the periphery (No Euro, Schengen etc). I don't think leaving the EU and accepting a deal that induces a relationship of dictated principles and rules with no input from the UK is an acceptable path. No deal is clearly too damaging to the economy and now the Democrats in the US are starting to row back on trade deals between the US/UK i.e. Nancy Pelosi in Ireland today.
  • Options

Do you reckon Sadiq Khan is looking at those Extinction Event protestors gumming up his city and thinking

"What twat sold those water cannons?"

I thought he was on-board with them?
  • Options
    matt said:

TOPPING said:

So should there be a strong showing by Brexit/UKIP in the EUs, will the ERG nutters:

a) worry that the Cons would lose the next election as they haven't delivered Brexit and therefore rally to May's deal; or
    b) think that by continuing to oppose May's deal they will attract the Brexit/UKIP types (back) to the Cons; or

D. Blame anyone but themselves and take as a line whatever bullshit is published in The Telegraph.

The “one more heave” and “if only there had been a true believer” argument (beloved of extremes) will be rolled out.

An aside, assuming numbers of the, cease to become MPs at the next election, where might they find employment? I can’t see much of the private sector wanting anything to do with them and the classic ex-Labour MP to charity sector scam doesn’t appear to be open to them.
    God only knows it is possible (possible) that away from the HoC madhouse they might be halfway sensible.

*scans ERG members*

Or perhaps not.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    Hard to argue with the title of this one
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    TOPPING said:

It doesn't matter what the ERG say, they will be drowned out by the Remainer's screaming about the low turnout
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Predicted this for the Euros the other day:

"Labour 26%
    Brexit Party 24%
    Tories 20%
    Greens 12%
    Lib Dems 7%
    UKIP 4%
    CUK 2% "

Got the top two wrong, I'd probably transfer 2% off Labour over to Farage. Otherwise, I'll stick with the rest, including the Tories exceeding expectations.
  • Options
    It's also not necessary, Brexit might be ended just from the fact we've needed to have them, whoever's wins.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Why? As a Remain thing?

If your focus is the EU, I suggest you look at the predicted voting in your region and choose how to maximise the total seats of the three pro-EU parties, i.e. Green, LDem or C.UK. A party on <8-10% of the vote is highly unlikely to get a seat, but it varies between regions. In the W. Midlands a party might need >12-15% because there are only 7 MEPs.

No doubt there are websites that'll do the calcs. for you.
    Thanks for that I will look into this and advise others of similar views to do likewise.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    I would hope it is vegan eco-friendly stuff made locally from ethically sourced ingredients from a company who pays well above the living wage.
    So not from horses then?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    I just clicked on the Archbishop Cranmer link on the right-hand side of the page but it isn't working. Does anyone know what happened to it?
  • Options

I’m seriously enjoying watching remainiacs on twitter telling each other that this election will be under PR so it doesn’t matter which party they vote for...

d'Hondt tell them, Pike.....
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    So not from horses then?
    Well remember these will be the same sort of twats who campaigned for bank notes to be made differently because they contain 0.0000000001% tallow.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:
    One day, we'll learn that they ended their protest because, having glued their hands together, bearded bloke admitted he had a prostate issue.

"I need a wee...."
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

I just clicked on the Archbishop Cranmer link on the right-hand side of the page but it isn't working. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Someone Bashed the Bishop?
  • Options
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

It doesn't matter what the ERG say, they will be drowned out by the Remainer's screaming about the low turnout
    Leavers drew Man City and Huddersfield in the PL sweepstake and threw away the Man City slip.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,945

Yep. We had a particularly idiotic example of that on the previous thread.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Someone Bashed the Bishop?
    He moved from a blog spot to a new Wordpress based site.

https://www.archbishopcranmer.com
  • Options
    Scooters business model doesn't work apparently...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pcb2cnEw
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

I wouldn't assume that the people spreading such an idea are really Remainers.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,945

On topic, I think the only way you can read anything into the EU elections is if one of the 'issue' parties - either CUK or Brexit - get more than 50% odd of the vote on their own. And I say that fully believing that the Brexit Party will be the clear winners in terms of vote share and seats. But I still think it is meaningless as a measure of what people think about Brexit itself.

It won't be meaningless in terms of it showing that people really, really care about Brexit. Enough to vote for a wanker like Farage to make a point.....
    That is a fair point. I just tend to think that, as with marches and petitions, trying to claim any meaningful understanding of what people think from non binary, peripheral elections is a fools game. Perhaps all the more so given that, again as with the marches and petitions, the electorate are not the same as those who would be able to vote in any referendum.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

isam said:

TOPPING said:

Leavers drew Man City and Huddersfield in the PL sweepstake and threw away the Man City slip.
    In my eyes we will always have won that referendum. The fact that MP's are too vain to listen to the public was the main reason why
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    glw said:

I wouldn't assume that the people spreading such an idea are really Remainers.
    Not guilty.

o:)
  • Options
    I'm actually not sure who I should vote for the Euro elections. Hard Brexit fans are out so that's no UKIP or Brexit party. Labour technically are keeping all options open but on the negative side they are keeping all options open. The Tories are so incompetent and riven with factional infighting it's only worth considering as a pity option . As a regretful leaver turned remainer the lds or chuk would seem worth a go I guess although the former have been useless and despise the people who backed them in coalition, while chuk will just split the vote of proper parties, though I do want to encourage new parties so perhaps they deserve a shot. I'm not even considering Green, the old UKIP of the left.
  • Options

I dont watch explanatory YouTube videos unless Robert Smithson presents them.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

FPT
    ydoethur said:
    » show previous quotes

Wings Over Scotland

@WingsScotland

For those interested this is the actual judgment: http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/pdf-docs-for-opinions/2019scedin32.pdf?sfvrsn=0

It is actually a rather good piece of prose, measured, clear and careful. It is worth a bit of time for those who have it.

What chance Mr Wings is going to end up with a large bill for Ms Dugdale’s costs?
    Odds on but not certain.
    That judgement is a victory for common sense - as I said repeatedly, "Fair comment, honestly held view"
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,046

On topic, I think the only way you can read anything into the EU elections is if one of the 'issue' parties - either CUK or Brexit - get more than 50% odd of the vote on their own. And I say that fully believing that the Brexit Party will be the clear winners in terms of vote share and seats. But I still think it is meaningless as a measure of what people think about Brexit itself.

I've just agreed with Richard Tyndall!
  • Options
    JackJackJackJack Posts: 98

Pulpstar said:

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/1118403163038658560

36 days to take back control of Brexit !

What's he hoping to reform?
    Everything that the public thinks is bad about the EU. But bring up a specific one of these things and you will actually find you are an unenlightened pleb that needs to be educated how about how that thing is actually in your interest really. "Reform" actually means you get more of it.
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    Over 70% turnout in the referendum, not near 70%! I wouldn't be surprised if (whatever the vote shares end up being) turnout in the EU election is higher than normal - not that that's saying much.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,046
    At the moment the Brexit party is odds on to win the Euro elections. Sorry, come first I should say.
  • Options
    Essexit said:

Over 70% turnout in the referendum, not near 70%! I wouldn't be surprised if (whatever the vote shares end up being) turnout in the EU election is higher than normal - not that that's saying much.

Hey, they do better than PCCs at least.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,641
    AndyJS said:

He has moved diocese to Twitter:

https://twitter.com/His_Grace/status/1118099586588073984?s=19
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,674
    ITV news reporting surge in Easter “staycations” with people opting for the U.K. - but with London forecast for 25C on Saturday and Nice 19C you can see why the weather is playing an additional factor (BREXIT was mentioned in the vox pops - so the horror stories of Brits queuing for hours at Spanish airports may have had an impact....)
  • Options
    On a train from Durham I find a discarded copy of ScottishSocialistVoice in front of me. Dare I read it? Corbyn, Bercow and May grace the cover.
  • Options
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

TOPPING said:

In my eyes we will always have won that referendum. The fact that MP's are too vain to listen to the public was the main reason why
    Of course you won it but you run a very great risk of throwing it away.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Predicted this for the Euros the other day:

"Labour 26%
    Brexit Party 24%
    Tories 20%
    Greens 12%
    Lib Dems 7%
    UKIP 4%
    CUK 2% "

Got the top two wrong, I'd probably transfer 2% off Labour over to Farage. Otherwise, I'll stick with the rest, including the Tories exceeding expectations.

We need a PB NoJam. To prize being a choice of CD, either Alastair Campbell playing Ode to Joy on his bagpipes, or a youthful Nigel Farage singing the Horst Wessel Lied.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,718
    AndyJS said:

Climate change protesters targetting the Docklands Light Railway is pretty stupid by any standards. It'll lose them a lot of support I expect.

I wonder if the suffragettes were unpopular in their day, they were certainly more violent.
    https://www.bl.uk/votes-for-women/articles/suffragettes-violence-and-militancy
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Scottish Socialist Voice unhappy IDS and the Tories get all the blame for universal credit. Frank Field and Denis Healey are names and shamed for thinking about it.

It is out of date though, the March version - apparently the balance of probabilities on Brexit are shifting towards May.

Gordon Browns book is labelled dismal and depressing.
  • Options

ITV news reporting surge in Easter “staycations” with people opting for the U.K. - but with London forecast for 25C on Saturday and Nice 19C you can see why the weather is playing an additional factor (BREXIT was mentioned in the vox pops - so the horror stories of Brits queuing for hours at Spanish airports may have had an impact....)

Nobody going to Spain over Easter might cool their Rock-hard ardour.....
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Climate change protesters targetting the Docklands Light Railway is pretty stupid by any standards. It'll lose them a lot of support I expect.

I wonder if the suffragettes were unpopular in their day, they were certainly more violent.
    https://www.bl.uk/votes-for-women/articles/suffragettes-violence-and-militancy
    Yes. They were used as an excuse by senior politicians (e.g. Asquith, Churchill) to refuse considering extending the franchise. As a result they were also very unpopular with the far more numorous suffragists.

And it's worth remembering that it wasn't until they suspended their campaign that women got the vote.

Cf Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,067
    Essexit said:

Anecdotally, I’ve seen a few radical Remainers apologetically saying that they never voted in the European elections before.
  • Options

They'll find another reason to Gib.
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

If they can get a million on a march they should easily be able to turn out their vote more than the Leavers. If they fail to do so, or uselessly vote for Labour, they will have nowhere to hide.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    ydoethur said:

Better than that Utrecht all the way there for nothing.

Look, it's not easy to pun utrecht, I'm doing the best I can.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

I dont watch explanatory YouTube videos unless Robert Smithson presents them.
    Well Robert's certainly are top notched, unfortunately he hasn't made any for quite a while.
  • Options
    I have learn from my inbox that there is such a thing as Mrs. Brown's Boys - d'Musical.

Dear God.....
  • Options
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Better than that Utrecht all the way there for nothing.

Look, it's not easy to pun utrecht, I'm doing the best I can.
    In fairness, that's quite good. I won't attempt to ape it though.
  • Options

I have learn from my inbox that there is such a thing as Mrs. Brown's Boys - d'Musical.

Dear God.....

Anybody buying tickets for that should definitely be banned from voting ever again.
  • Options

Dear God.....

Anybody buying tickets for that should definitely be banned from voting ever again.
    That sounds like something that would be even worse than the Last Jedi.

Well - OK, maybe it wouldn't be quite that bad, but it still sounds pretty bad.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,779

Dear God.....

There's such a thing as tactical nuclear weapons too. I'd not quite got the concept before.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Dear God.....

I would rather listen to Radiohead live at Glastonbury on loop for 24hrs than have to sit through Mrs Brown's Boys "The Musical".
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,744

isam said:

TOPPING said:

If they can get a million on a march they should easily be able to turn out their vote more than the Leavers. If they fail to do so, or uselessly vote for Labour, they will have nowhere to hide.
    Remain votes won't particularly turn out as they are not particularly keen on any of the parties at the moment.
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    TOPPING said:

If it were possible to vote tactically in such a way as to get as many ERGers as possible to sign up to the Deal, and I thought that might be all that it took to get the Deal passed and for us all to move on to the next stage, then I would. But I'm not actually sure it's even possible...
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,311

Dear God.....

"School of Rock - The Musical" is a tautology!
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143

isam said:

TOPPING said:

Remain votes won't particularly turn out as they are not particularly keen on any of the parties at the moment.
    Did they refuse to turn out for the referendum in 2016 because it meant voting the same way as Cameron?

There's no helping some people.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Dear God.....

I would rather listen to Radiohead live at Glastonbury on loop for 24hrs than have to sit through Mrs Brown's Boys "The Musical".
    Brave of you to admit that on here. Mr Smithson Jr will probably suggest you try it!
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

isam said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

TOPPING said:

Don't lump me in with MP's! The public aren't to blame
  • Options

isam said:

TOPPING said:

Yes they should, not to mention the 6 million petiton signers
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,311

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/piers-robinson_uk_5cb5d5b5e4b082aab08c953f?hya

Must be all that Pressure...
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Aaron Banks on Ch $ News. What a guy!
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,779

Must be all that Pressure...
    And they tend to be mostly at sea.
  • Options
    Change UK have chosen to align with the EPP.
  • Options
    Tory defectors will he voting with Galloway.

https://twitter.com/georgegalloway/status/1118560481785065472?s=21
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Pulpstar said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

FPT
    ydoethur said:
    » show previous quotes

Wings Over Scotland

@WingsScotland

Odds on but not certain.
    That judgement is a victory for common sense - as I said repeatedly, "Fair comment, honestly held view"
    Yep, it’s a really good judgment. Makes me wonder about the quality of the advice Campbell got up front but he had a very capable QC against whom I have done several cases. Sometimes the default assumption is that the defender will fold and sometimes it’s wrong
  • Options

isam said:

TOPPING said:

It is a bit more split. If the rumours of decent MEPs being shoved downlist by an NEC approved block of Momentum Lexit supporters are true, then I can see the Labour voters going elsewhere, particularly Green imo.

https://twitter.com/cirian75/status/1118407946969473025?s=19
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Scottish Socialist Voice unhappy IDS and the Tories get all the blame for universal credit. Frank Field and Denis Healey are names and shamed for thinking about it.

It is out of date though, the March version - apparently the balance of probabilities on Brexit are shifting towards May.

A true measure of the man then.
  • Options

isam said:

TOPPING said:

This is not an election with a lack of choice !

Brexit Party - For those that want to leave without a deal
    Tories - For those that think May's deal is a fair compromise
    Labour - For those that want Jezza's alternative plan...
    Change UK - For those that want to remain in the EU, and are in the blairite centre
    Lib Dems - For those that want to remain in the EU, and are social democrats (The orange book wing has really died a death now)
    UKIP - A hodge podge alliance of cultural conservatives, free speech warriors and those on the right. Also against the deal, but not now the primary reason for the party (That's now the Brexit party)
    Greens - For those that think superglueing themselves to London's roads is a good idea. Very largely remainers.
    SNP/Plaid if you live in Scotland or Wales

Northern Ireland has the usual mix of bigots, ex terrorists and so forth.

So that is:
    2 No deal parties,
    1 Deal party
    1 Labour party
    3 (4 if you live in Wales or Scotland) Remain parties.
  • Options
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

TOPPING said:

Don't lump me in with MP's! The public aren't to blame
    The public voted for something for which there was a non-trivial probability that PRECISELY THIS would happen,
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,744
    Pulpstar said:

isam said:

TOPPING said:

This is not an election with a lack of choice !

Brexit Party - For those that want to leave without a deal
    Tories - For those that think May's deal is a fair compromise
    Labour - For those that want Jezza's alternative plan...
    Change UK - For those that want to remain in the EU, and are in the blairite centre
    Lib Dems - For those that want to remain in the EU, and are social democrats (The orange book wing has really died a death now)
    UKIP - A hodge podge alliance of cultural conservatives, free speech warriors and those on the right. Also against the deal, but not now the primary reason for the party (That's now the Brexit party)
    Greens - For those that think superglueing themselves to London's roads is a good idea. Very largely remainers.
    SNP/Plaid if you live in Scotland or Wales

Northern Ireland has the usual mix of bigots, ex terrorists and so forth.

So that is:
    2 No deal parties,
    1 Deal party
    1 Labour party
    3 (4 if you live in Wales or Scotland) Remain parties.
    McDonalds may offer plenty of choice but I would still prefer Gaucho's.
  • Options

A push to the right of the Lib Dems !

Mike Gapes in the European Tory block, wonders never cease...
  • Options
    DavidL said:

kle4 said:

A true measure of the man then.
    Sadly their review is 90% saying why Brown is just as much to blame for Iraq as Blair rather than any other take on whatever points are in the book.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

FPT
    ydoethur said:
    » show previous quotes

Wings Over Scotland

@WingsScotland

Odds on but not certain.
    Yep, it’s a really good judgment. Makes me wonder about the quality of the advice Campbell got up front but he had a very capable QC against whom I have done several cases. Sometimes the default assumption is that the defender will fold and sometimes it’s wrong
    The judge seems to hint (Unless I'm misreading it) that under English law, Campbell might have won !
  • Options

Galloway who is paid by Russian TV to sell their propaganda to an unsuspecting public coupled with Farage the mouthpiece of Leave with links to Russia....
  • Options

I thought he'd rejoined Labour? Or was he blocked?
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

I imagine that scuppers any attempt he might make to rejoin Labour.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

I thought he'd rejoined Labour? Or was he blocked?
    In some newspapers it is claimed he did not actually make an application to re-join Labour whilst in other media some Labour politicians wanted to block any readmission.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

I think even Galloway might concede the point that his association with a state owned Russian TV station would not be a beneficial link for Labour!
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,855

It's an interesting development. Perhaps CUK see themselves not as the heirs to Blair but as the heirs to Cameron and one nation conservatism.

Some people may be reading this all wrong - the Conservatives are now facing a pincer movement from CUK on one side and the Brexit Party on the other. The alignment may be on the centre-right after all.
  • Options

justin124 said:

I think even Galloway might concede the point that his association with a state owned Russian TV station would not be a beneficial link for Labour!
    Never seemed to bother Corbyn.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    stodge said:

It's an interesting development. Perhaps CUK see themselves not as the heirs to Blair but as the heirs to Cameron and one nation conservatism.

Some people may be reading this all wrong - the Conservatives are now facing a pincer movement from CUK on one side and the Brexit Party on the other. The alignment may be on the centre-right after all.
    I thought that ALDE would be their choice, although it all seems pretty academic.
  • Options
    What the bloody hell is going on in the footy, 2-2 already.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079

Fake news.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited April 2019
    Sean_F said:

stodge said:

I thought that ALDE would be their choice, although it all seems pretty academic.
    If they did get the 6% they got on YouGov today, then I'd assume they'd scrape a seat in the South East (where presumably their support will be above average)?

In the more likely event that their national support is 5% or less, I doubt they'll get anything.
  • Options

They've been coached by Surrey?
  • Options
    Rexel56Rexel56 Posts: 807

Spurs scoring freely unencumbered by their snail-paced lump of an old fashioned striker
This discussion has been closed.