Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The latest Euro polls find BRX reinforcing its position with t

124»

Comments

• Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,880
    Nigelb said:

nico67 said:

> @Scott_P said:

>

Well said by Guy Verhofstadt .

They’re Russian poodles and are doing Putin’s bidding .
    If he was intending to convince anyone not already in agreement with him, then it wasn’t well said at all.
    ‘Traitor’ is a term which ought to be used only in its strict legal context. As a political insult it is divisive and counterproductive.

I don't think anybody is expecting or even trying to convince anyone at this stage. The country is dividing itself into two distinct cultural factions both of which actively fucking despise each other.

This is highly disruptive for the establishment as these two strands of opinion demonstrate little congruence with the party political system or, even more alarmingly, the social caste system.
  • JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Meanwhile .... Following continuing humiliation from Europe, the Prime Minister intends to make "a big bold offer" to the House of Commons. The UK will BREXIT the Eurovision from next year after last nights indicative votes that we are shite.

On hearing this news Boris Johnson slipped on a high-wire and shouted "Boom Bang-A-Bang" as he crossed the Thames.

Jeremy Corbyn indicated that Labour would set 392 tests and then attempt to be "All Kinds of Everything" to everyone.

Nigel Farage speaking at a rally in Nuremberg said Eurovision had finally met its "Waterloo" and Britain would no longer be "A Puppet On String", whilst Farage ally Donald Trump ripped off a White House interns dress and sang "Save All Your Kisses For Me".

Uncle Vince Cable rose from his bath chair whilst campaigning in Bedford and intoned the yellow peril will "Rise Like A Phoenix" and then hugged local LibDem bigwig Mike Smithson and cried out "Love Shine A Light".

Back in Downing Street Theresa May smiled and whispered "What's Another Year" for me as Prime Minister .....

Developing story ....
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    A quite predictable (and indeed much predicted) flip. A lot of people talk a good game about disliking a leader/prospective leader or the direction of the party, but at the end of the day the tribe is the tribe, and excuses will be made. Whatever the other factors behind their choice, I respect the CUkers for standing up to be counted about their former tribes/leaders going too far for them.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,841
    Dura_Ace said:

Nigelb said:

nico67 said:

> @Scott_P said:

>

If he was intending to convince anyone not already in agreement with him, then it wasn’t well said at all.
    ‘Traitor’ is a term which ought to be used only in its strict legal context. As a political insult it is divisive and counterproductive.

I don't think anybody is expecting or even trying to convince anyone at this stage. The country is dividing itself into two distinct cultural factions both of which actively fucking despise each other.

This is highly disruptive for the establishment as these two strands of opinion demonstrate little congruence with the party political system or, even more alarmingly, the social caste system.
    Seeing as the conservatives are in power (The average person on the street cares not for the lack of the size of their majority to be effective) and their voters are mainly in the 'right/brexit' area of the culture war, not delivering on Brexit is going to hit them worse than any recession that may have come about from delivering it...
  • QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    This might be a stupid bet, but imho if Labour are narrowly in third (19/21/24) in London on a poll which has them nationally in third place and 20% behind the leaders that's a sign they are probably winning London in almost every other poll. I like the 7/4 Ladbrokes now have on them winning the region.

We forget that while this is the second poll (albeit both the same pollster) putting the LDs 2nd most polls have Labour in the mid 20s and the LDs around 15%. Let's say the end result (nationally) is Brex 30%, Lab 22%, LD 17% then this poll would suggest Labour would probably win London - and my hypothetical results are factoring in some more Lab -> LD shift from the polling average.
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,001
    Marr taking Corbyn apart
  • JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    NU FRED
  • QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    NEW THREAD
  • noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,444
    > @Dura_Ace said:
    > > @Scott_P said:
    >
    > > https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1129728300111339520
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well said by Guy Verhofstadt .
    >
    >
    >
    > They’re Russian poodles and are doing Putin’s bidding .
    >
    > If he was intending to convince anyone not already in agreement with him, then it wasn’t well said at all.
    > ‘Traitor’ is a term which ought to be used only in its strict legal context. As a political insult it is divisive and counterproductive.
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't think anybody is expecting or even trying to convince anyone at this stage. The country is dividing itself into two distinct cultural factions both of which actively fucking despise each other.
    >
    > This is highly disruptive for the establishment as these two strands of opinion demonstrate little congruence with the party political system or, even more alarmingly, the social caste system.

Three strands of opinion, two groups who do seem to despise each other, and the third looking on from the sidelines with bemusement, sadness and wondering how to get out of this.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,841
    kle4 said:

A quite predictable (and indeed much predicted) flip. A lot of people talk a good game about disliking a leader/prospective leader or the direction of the party, but at the end of the day the tribe is the tribe, and excuses will be made. Whatever the other factors behind their choice, I respect the CUkers for standing up to be counted about their former tribes/leaders going too far for them.
    The Brexit party surge is working wonderfully for the SNP -

2017 result was 36.9 SNP, 28.6 Tory, 27.1 Labour, 6.8 Lib Dems

Plenty of low hanging Tory & Labour fruit for the SNP http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/snp and only Fife North East looking likely to go Lib Dem on this basis.
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,670

> @malcolmg said:

> > @malcolmg said:

>

> >

>

>

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > An intriguing headline, I cannot tell if that is meant to be praise or criticism.

>

> >

>

> > On the discussion about labour thrust do appear to have been written off too quickly. They might still be second, the assumption most of their voters wont go anyway might still be proven true.

>

> >

>

> > Described by an SNP ‘insider’ as ‘intelligent but not clever’, so there’s that.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > An insider with no backbone, scared to give their name. Sounds like a snake in the grass to me more like. Cowardly creeps like that should be tarred and feathered and run out of town.

>

> > PS: Hutcheon is a tit.

>

>

>

> Just as a matter of interest Malc, is there anyone in public life, N or S of Hadrians Wall, of whom you have a reasonable opinion? Not asking if you think highly of anyone; just if there's anyone of whom you don't have a low opinion?

>

> I like Ken Clarke and the person being maligned there, Joanna Cherry is very good as well. I rated Angus Robertson when he was MP and of course the best politician of them all Alex Salmond. Majority are invisible professional troughers so hard to know. In days gone by there were many many great politicians, nowadays you would be lucky to get a handful of decent principled ones.

I went off Clarke when he called ambulance drivers 'glorified bus drivers'. Mind, they're paramedics now with a lot of training.

I thought highly of Salmond, but I'm bothered about the court case.
    I think it is all manufactured, we will see if it ever gets there and if it does I believe it will be rubbish. Just does not ring true at all. Given the coaching and setup on the initial complaints, backdating the rules afterwards etc etc, looks like a real stitch up. Time will tell. They have him out of the picture for now so mission accomplished.

nico67 said:

> @Scott_P said:

>

What's the difference between that and being an American poodle and doing the military industrial complex's bidding? They're both foreign powers. Being unduly influenced by any foreign power is worthy of condemnation, but why is the second just seen as being a jolly good chap.
    Being a Tory xenophobic dimwit
    LOL, it was a cast iron certainty, she has more faces than the town clock. As someone said her and Boris are two cheeks of the same arse.
This discussion has been closed.