Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Raab out – Stewart the big gainer

Comments

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,624
    AndyJS said:
    Who was so dumb he ended up voting for thing he resigned over, because he realised his opponents were correct it might be that or no Brexit.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

I've got Stewart at 100 on Betfair - a bet placed some time ago. I can't decide whether to cash it in or stay in there.

Now is the time to lock in profit.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,108
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

Channel 4 news: Boris supporters were allegedly instructed to take two mobile phones into the polling room so they could put one on a table to prove they weren't using a phone and use the other to take secret photos of how they had voted.

There were similar reports with the first ballot. That cannot possibly be true can it? I'd tell him to get stuffed, even if I would still vote for him.
    Please let it be true so he gets disqualified.

That would be the funniest thing he's ever done.
    It would be totally on brand for him to get binned for trying to break the rules.
    He'd love it - dare them to toss out the most popular candidate for a technical infraction.
    Bullying people to deliberately flout a rule surrounding a secret ballot by lying to the officers in charge in order to know how they voted in said secret ballot is not a 'technical infraction.' Somebody doing it in a general election would get a very large dollop of porridge, and rightly so. Somebody doing it in this case would, rightly, lose the whip and be deselected.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079
    edited June 2019
    HYUFD said:
    Very good of him to be saying that about someone who has just been eliminated. Dom will be feeling raw and this will have helped.

Nice guy, Sajid Javid.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

Channel 4 news: Boris supporters were allegedly instructed to take two mobile phones into the polling room so they could put one on a table to prove they weren't using a phone and use the other to take secret photos of how they had voted.

There were similar reports with the first ballot. That cannot possibly be true can it? I'd tell him to get stuffed, even if I would still vote for him.

It would be totally on brand for him to get binned for trying to break the rules.
    He'd love it - dare them to toss out the most popular candidate for a technical infraction.
    Well he is lucky he is not barred from public office for a range of offenses from the referendum campaign including lying and over spending.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,894
    edited June 2019

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

It's difficult to compare the damage done by Mr Crowther's milk shake with that done by the fascist Farage

Farage is many things, but he isn't a fascist.
    £350 fine, 150 hours community service and the sack. Fitting punishment
    I have no sympathy with the idiot who did it, but the fine seems a little steep. This morning there was a program on BBC One about attacks on the emergency services, and (*) a man who attacked and pulled out the hair of a policewoman did not get much more of a fine than that.

(*) I was only half-watching as I coded, so I hope I got the right incident.
    Four years about right for this?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/neo-nazi-trial-terror-prince-harry-michal-szewczuk-oskar-dunn-koczorowski-a8963396.html
    It's hard for me to say, as I have zero idea about sentencing guidelines. But as far as I can tell (and I might be wrong) they've committed no violence, and are young and apparently stupid. It's a serious crime of its type, but no-one's been directly hurt.

Hopefully they'll get the help they need in jail.
    Will be interesting to compare with the youths who allegedly attacked the gay couple on the London bus. Have teenagers always been this bad?
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    ydoethur said:

Endillion said:

isam said:

Roger said:

It's difficult to compare the damage done by Mr Crowther's milk shake with that done by the fascist Farage

I have no sympathy with the idiot who did it, but the fine seems a little steep. This morning there was a program on BBC One about attacks on the emergency services, and (*) a man who attacked and pulled out the hair of a policewoman did not get much more of a fine than that.

I think the financial circumstances of an individual are taken into account in judging the fine.

A £100 fine if you are on income support is more severe than a £350 fine if you earn £ 40k.
    Some imbeciles have already crowdfunded the fine and raised around £2k anyway. I'm unclear what happens to that. Presumably the principle that you can't profit from your own crime applies.
    Indeed, he can't just trouser the money.
    Can I still describe the fundraising as a whip round, or is that insufficiently similar to a shake?
  • Options

AndyJS said:

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

In the first round it was a case of one phone allegedly being used, and then banned by the 1922 Committee.
    Rules are for little people, not for Johnson.
    Johnson won't have suggested using cameras. Gavin Williamson however...
  • Options
    Endillion said:

ydoethur said:

Endillion said:

isam said:

Roger said:

I think the financial circumstances of an individual are taken into account in judging the fine.

A £100 fine if you are on income support is more severe than a £350 fine if you earn £ 40k.
    Some imbeciles have already crowdfunded the fine and raised around £2k anyway. I'm unclear what happens to that. Presumably the principle that you can't profit from your own crime applies.
    Indeed, he can't just trouser the money.
    Can I still describe the fundraising as a whip round, or is that insufficiently similar to a shake?
    I don't think we can milk this much further.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,916
    isam said:

Roger said:

Have you seen the video where Farage gets dangerously close to advocating violence, and talks about picking up a rifle?
    These things must just be a matter of refusing to hate on someone on your side, because to me George Osborne saying he wanted to chop up Theresa May and put her in his freezer, and John McDonnell saying Labour councillors who obstruct the far left should be kneecapped, are both far worse. But maybe they are perfectly ok and I just think they're bad because I like Farage
    Advocating violence in a political context is never right.

I don't THINK anyone will find a post from me where I've advocated it!
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

I've got Stewart at 100 on Betfair - a bet placed some time ago. I can't decide whether to cash it in or stay in there.

See how he does in the debate.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    AndyJS said:

I think a number of Boris supporters voted for Hunt. Otherwise he would have gone backwards.

Interesting where Raab's voters go. Boris's people might suggest they vote tactically to stuff Stewart.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,880

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/neo-nazi-trial-terror-prince-harry-michal-szewczuk-oskar-dunn-koczorowski-a8963396.html
    It's hard for me to say, as I have zero idea about sentencing guidelines. But as far as I can tell (and I might be wrong) they've committed no violence, and are young and apparently stupid. It's a serious crime of its type, but no-one's been directly hurt.

Unlikely, given the current state of our prisons.
    That's my concern as well, but I live in hope.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,624
    ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

Bullying people to deliberately flout a rule surrounding a secret ballot by lying to the officers in charge in order to know how they voted in said secret ballot is not a 'technical infraction.' Somebody doing it in a general election would get a very large dollop of porridge, and rightly so. Somebody doing it in this case would, rightly, lose the whip and be deselected.
    If it happened hed say it was technical and that he had nothing to do with it to boot. Hes untouchable right now.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    AndyJS said:

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

In the first round it was a case of one phone allegedly being used, and then banned by the 1922 Committee.
    You’d hope there would be a penalty for misleading the returning officer
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

AndyJS said:

Someone has trust issues....
    Can’t Gavin just ask his friends at Huawei?
  • Options
    Two questions: does the 33 vote threshold apply to future rounds, and will voting continue on Thursday until it's down to 2 candidates?
  • Options
    Roger said:

Perhaps he didn't notice? Extraordinary but nice that she wasn't instantly surrounded by lackeys. The more I see of her the more i like her.

+1

Such a very kind face.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

If it happened hed say it was technical and that he had nothing to do with it to boot. Hes untouchable right now.
    Would anyone believe a man who has his extraordinary track record of dishonesty, right from the time when his godfather sacked him from his first job for falsifying a quote (a la Hari or Jayston Blair)?

QTWTAIN...
  • Options
    Would make a Good Leader (Con members YouGov)

Boris +58
    Rory -19

Surely a lay at 10.5 even if he got to the last 2 (vs Johnson)
  • Options
    PhukovPhukov Posts: 132
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

"technical"? Serious, more like.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,880
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

Will be interesting to compare with the youths who allegedly attacked the gay couple on the London bus. Have teenagers always been this bad?
    IMV: it's hard to tell, but I'd guess yes. We just get to hear much more about it nowadays.

Think of the mods versus the rockers back in the day.

In addition, fifty years ago the gay couple might not have been willing to report it.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

JackW said:

Round 2 Thoughts :

Boris - 126 - Lower than expected. Expectation management poor
    Hunt - 46 - Poor result. In for a desperate fight for second
    Gove - 41 - As Hunt
    Rory - 37 - Has the big mo for second place.
    Javid - 33 - Phew. Last of the rest but put on 10 votes
    Rabb - 30 - BREXITED

I expect Rory would prefer Javid to have gone too, he surely won't get many transfers from Raab.
    Very few. What Rory will be looking for is to peel away some of the soft Hunt/Gove support who will be disappointed with their mans stalling performance. Additionally I suspect they'll also hope to nibble away at Javid's thirty three.

Perhaps more interestingly might be the potential to eek out some of the Boris "One Nation" group.

Take a small bite out of these four groups and you end up with a decent mouthful of additional MP's. Perhaps even enough to leapfrog into a narrow second place. We may have a tortoise and hare race on our hands. Scenario round three :smile:

Boris - 140
    Rory - 53
    Hunt - 47
    Gove - 43
    Javid - 30 - Eliminated.
  • Options
    edbedb Posts: 65
    Stewart has done really well but I cannot see how he survives the next vote unless one of the others drops out or implodes.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

I think a number of Boris supporters voted for Hunt. Otherwise he would have gone backwards.

Interesting where Raab's voters go. Boris's people might suggest they vote tactically to stuff Stewart.
    The Mandy Rice-Davies line comes to mind. Albeit in the plural!
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

Would anyone believe a man who has his extraordinary track record of dishonesty, right from the time when his godfather sacked him from his first job for falsifying a quote (a la Hari or Jayston Blair)?

QTWTAIN...
    I may be misjudging him, but I can think of someone
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

IMV: it's hard to tell, but I'd guess yes. We just get to hear much more about it nowadays.

In addition, fifty years ago the gay couple might not have been willing to report it.
    Plenty of violence around in the late 70's early 80's.

Back in those days it was not unknown for the police to hand out a beating or two too.
  • Options
    I posted this yesterday:

"I've been through the list of undeclared Tory MPs and there are 25 that might consider voting for Rory Stewart IMO:

Guto Bebb, Tracey Crouch, Jonathan Djanogly, George Freeman, Cheryl Gillan,
    Damian Green, Justine Greening, Sam Gyimah, Philip Hammond, Stephen Hammond,
    Richard Harrington, George Hollingbery, Nick Hurd, Alister Jack, Phillip Lee,
    Jeremy Lefroy, Theresa May, Paul Maynard, Sarah Newton, Jesse Norman,
    Neil O'Brien, Daniel Poulter, Jeremy Quin, Julian Smith, William Wragg.

Those 25 would take him from 14 to 39 votes."

Two of them, Tracey Crouch and Damian Green, said they were voting for Boris today. But the other 37 are probably a pretty good bet for who voted for Rory IMO.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    edited June 2019

AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

I know the main news is Rory, but Gove actually did pretty well increasing his vote and slightly closing the gap with Hunt. He could have done much worse and even have been knocked out.

Yes this was a good result for Boris and Gove, a great result for Stewart, a bad result for Hunt and Raab and a so so result for Javid
    I wonder whether Hunt might consider his position in the race. Unlikely since he's still in second place.
    I think several Boris tacticals went his way so it's worse than it looks.
    There is no evidence Boris lent tactical votes to any other candidate, at least not from the figures. Boris is up 12 from the first round. There is no reason to suppose Boris is up 30, but lent 18 to Hunt who then lost 15 to other candidates.
    You think out of 50 votes up for grabs Boris grabbed only 12 of them?
    It's not impossible. The undercurrent of the contest has clearly been between those prepared to tolerate Boris (given the exceptional circumstances) and those not. If you were willing to get on board with Boris, why not do so from the start?

However in practice, I think a bit of vote lending may have gone on.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Floater said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

Back in those days it was not unknown for the police to hand out a beating or two too.
    Teenage Neo Nazis and gay bashers though, in 2019? (and at the risk of sounding terribly old fashioned, young men bashing young gay women makes it even more horrific)
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    edited June 2019
    JackW said:

JackW said:

Round 2 Thoughts :

Boris - 126 - Lower than expected. Expectation management poor
    Hunt - 46 - Poor result. In for a desperate fight for second
    Gove - 41 - As Hunt
    Rory - 37 - Has the big mo for second place.
    Javid - 33 - Phew. Last of the rest but put on 10 votes
    Rabb - 30 - BREXITED

I expect Rory would prefer Javid to have gone too, he surely won't get many transfers from Raab.
    Very few. What Rory will be looking for is to peel away some of the soft Hunt/Gove support who will be disappointed with their mans stalling performance. Additionally I suspect they'll also hope to nibble away at Javid's thirty three.

Perhaps more interestingly might be the potential to eek out some of the Boris "One Nation" group.

Take a small bite out of these four groups and you end up with a decent mouthful of additional MP's. Perhaps even enough to leapfrog into a narrow second place. We may have a tortoise and hare race on our hands. Scenario round three :smile:

Boris - 140
    Rory - 53
    Hunt - 47
    Gove - 43
    Javid - 30 - Eliminated.
    There is not much between Hunt and Javid. All to play for. Let's hope that Boris has a nightmare tonight and things get really interesting.
  • Options
    edb said:

Stewart has done really well but I cannot see how he survives the next vote unless one of the others drops out or implodes.

The best case scenario for Stewart is Javid pulls out and publicly endorses him. Otherwise Javid himself could knock Stewart out tomorrow, possibly as a result of tactical voting by Johnson and/or Raab supporters.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

I know the main news is Rory, but Gove actually did pretty well increasing his vote and slightly closing the gap with Hunt. He could have done much worse and even have been knocked out.

Yes this was a good result for Boris and Gove, a great result for Stewart, a bad result for Hunt and Raab and a so so result for Javid
    I wonder whether Hunt might consider his position in the race. Unlikely since he's still in second place.
    There is no evidence Boris lent tactical votes to any other candidate, at least not from the figures. Boris is up 12 from the first round. There is no reason to suppose Boris is up 30, but lent 18 to Hunt who then lost 15 to other candidates.
    It's not impossible. The undercurrent of the contest has clearly been between those prepared to tolerate Boris (given the exceptional circumstances) and those not. If you were willing to get on board with Boris, why not do so from the start?

Boris has a 77 point lead over Rory w Con members according to YouGov. If thats anywhere near right 1.2 is a gift isnt it?
  • Options
    Floater said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

I recall a very nasty fight between teens/20's of my home town and those of a neighbouring small town in the late 60's.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,258
    AndyJS said:

I now know this for a fact from a source in Boris's campaign.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I've misplayed it all a touch. But I'll be making a nice little profit. Thanks Andrea

Same.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    isam said:

Floater said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

Teenage Neo Nazis and gay bashers though, in 2019? (and at the risk of sounding terribly old fashioned, young men bashing young gay women makes it even more horrific)
    Neo nazis are probably less prevalent (despite brexit)

I think society is (generally) far more accepting of differences than it was when I was young.

There have been some attacks on gay men in London where it was alleged that their sexuality was the motive - some of those allegedly involved acid.

I think any bloke hitting any woman is a sack of shit and I hope they have the book thrown at them.

• Options

AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Why would the 20 Hancock and 10 Harper voters switch to Boris ?

And just because Hancock publicly backed Boris doesn't mean that any of his supporters voted for Boris or even that Hancock himself did.
    That's a bit naive.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

You now have a source who is dim enough to think Boris is suitable to be PM who believes this.

That is not the same thing as a 'fact.'
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    edited June 2019

AndyJS said:

As I predicted this morning, these will be the off the record briefings emanating from Boris' camp to anyone prepared to listen.

Why?

Because their man isn't doing quite as well as they had hoped this time.

It has the prints of Gavin Williamson all over it.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    isam said:

AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Boris has a 77 point lead over Rory w Con members according to YouGov. If thats anywhere near right 1.2 is a gift isnt it?
    I don't think the majority of Con members actually have a very firm view on Rory yet - tonight may change that. But even then it would be value on the view most of them have of Boris (and of No Deal).

The 1.2 is mostly about Boris blowing himself up, or the papers doing it for him. What I would say about that is that if you thought you had enough to bring Boris down, you'd wait until he was the most Brexity candidate left in the field before doing so.
  • Options
    isam said:

AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

I’d wait until we see how he performs tonight if I were you.
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    isam said:

AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Makes you wonder why Johnson is lending votes out. He doesn't have anything to fear from the other contenders, so why not build a more impressive lead among MPs?
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Trouble within the new Liberal parliamentary group in the European Parliament.

ALDE is now succeeded by Renew Europe and they must select a leader. Candidate Fredrick Federley has just pulled out, citing “under the table” deals, which he says risk splitting the new group.

The leader is elected on Wednesday.
  • Options

You don't suppose the 'Boris lending supporters' story is being spread around because his acolytes suspect he's not going to do 'that' well?
    Expectation management?

From this morning ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Wasn't too far out with this from this morning:

Just for fun, I think:

Stewart may just about double his number
    Hunt will stagnate
    Gove will stagnate or even slip
    Raab will slip
    Javid will slip

Boris will increase but in a very slightly disappointing kind of way: 130 or so, maybe just under. His supporters will claim he lent support.

So I think Hunt may just about beat Stewart to 2nd place, but only by about 5 votes

As I say, just for a bit of fun :)

• Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,625

Floater said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

I recall a very nasty fight between teens/20's of my home town and those of a neighbouring small town in the late 60's.
    Violent crime has fallen significantly over the last 40 years, it is a success story and should be celebrated and allow us to feel safer. Yet most people, even when they know the stats, prefer to think it is worse now than ever before and feel more afraid. We are curious creatures.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

isam said:

AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Makes you wonder why Johnson is lending votes out.
    Except I don't believe he is.

If Johnson were to lose this leadership election it will go down as poorly a fought a campaign since ... well ... since Theresa May in 2017.

Hello Lynton!
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,046

AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Why would the 20 Hancock and 10 Harper voters switch to Boris ?

And just because Hancock publicly backed Boris doesn't mean that any of his supporters voted for Boris or even that Hancock himself did.
    That's a bit naive.
    Explain please.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    isam said:

Would make a Good Leader (Con members YouGov)

Boris +58
    Rory -19

Surely a lay at 10.5 even if he got to the last 2 (vs Johnson)

Your average Tory member clearly has terrible judgement, what do they see in Boris that the rest of planet Earth are failing to see?
  • Options

Wasn't too far out with this from this morning:

Just for fun, I think:

Stewart may just about double his number
    Hunt will stagnate
    Gove will stagnate or even slip
    Raab will slip
    Javid will slip

Boris will increase but in a very slightly disappointing kind of way: 130 or so, maybe just under. His supporters will claim he lent support.

So I think Hunt may just about beat Stewart to 2nd place, but only by about 5 votes

As I say, just for a bit of fun :)

THat prediction does look pretty nifty, in fairness. Slightly over-optimistic for both Johnson and Stewart, but only very slightly.
  • Options
    edb said:

I agree. He is vulnerable. He needed to see the back of Javid. As it stands the Hard Brexit faction can vote him out next time.

I think Johnson can gerrymander Hunt into the run off and therefore that he will do so. It's the sort of person he is.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,152
    Good old Rory!

Let’s see how he does in the debate.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,123
    I think that Sajid just making the cut was bad news for Rory. If the Saj was out he would have had a much better pool to fish in. The Raab pool is unlikely to be fruitful. That means he needs to do serious damage to Gove or Hunt tonight. Attacking Boris may be fun for us all but it seems unlikely to get him in the final 2.

Both Hunt and Gove look vulnerable and their support soft. But its still quite an ask when Gove may well gain some Raab supporters.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    I prefer the Tory process to the Labour one. Good for drama and ensures alignment between members and MPs.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

AndyJS said:

You now have a source who is dim enough to think Boris is suitable to be PM who believes this.

It truly is remarkable the lengths people will go toward to explain away or dismiss facts they find inconvenient or embarrassing. A strange trait of human nature.

Ok, don't believe me. This source is very well placed but that's your prerogative. And there are other respected journalists on Twitter echoing the same.

Others may want to take their own view.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

As I predicted this morning, these will be the off the record briefings emanating from Boris' camp to anyone prepared to listen.

Why?

Because their man isn't doing quite as well as they had hoped this time.

It has the prints of Gavin Williamson all over it.
    It's a personal text to me (unsolicited) from a friend of many years.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,046
    isam said:

Floater said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

Do we know the ethnicity of the attackers ?

Such things will be viewed differently in much of the world.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    Did they deliberately put them on oversized stools?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,247
    Rory the only one with his feet on the ground !!!
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940

Floater said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

Violent crime has fallen significantly over the last 40 years, it is a success story and should be celebrated and allow us to feel safer. Yet most people, even when they know the stats, prefer to think it is worse now than ever before and feel more afraid. We are curious creatures.
    CCTV and camera phones. They have had the effect of making us safer, but...40 years ago the gay couple on the bus would not have been able to take such a photo, and have it in the newspapers and on TV virtually instantly.
    Which visceral immediacy makes us feel less safe.
  • Options
    They look like Westlife.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

AndyJS said:

It truly is remarkable the lengths people will go toward to explain away or dismiss facts they find inconvenient or embarrassing. A strange trait of human nature.

Ok, don't believe me. This source is very well placed but that's your prerogative. And there are other respected journalists on Twitter echoing the same.

Others may want to take their own view.
    My point is he(?) may well be telling you what he believes to be true, but it's reliant on people telling the truth to your source and reliant on your source being truthful, as well as finally your source having enough of a brain to process that information correctly.

I would gently suggest that when it comes to anything to do with BlowJob Bojo, these are bold assumptions.
  • Options

isam said:

Floater said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

Do we know the ethnicity of the attackers ?

Such things will be viewed differently in much of the world.
    One of the boys was speaking Spanish apparently, I doubt they'll name them as all under 18
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595
    "we must" does not mean "we will".
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Rory that tall ? He looks like Mike Teevee.
  • Options
    What's with the legs?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Hunt would leave without a deal but gave himself wiggle room by saying he'd extend if a deal was near.
  • Options

Floater said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

Because humans have no native understanding of statistics or risk. We accumulate bad stories and the more we accumulate the worse we think things are.
    It's why old people are often such gits. They have a false view that everything is going to hell. Old people have always been like that, and always will be.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    Boris in 'not answering the question' shocker.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,215
    Gove: “ I was the first person on this panel to believe in Brexit....”
  • Options
    Artist said:

They ARE oversized stools
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Very interesting, thanks for letting us know.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

If he still believes in it, he's the last as well *innocent face*
  • Options
    Phukov said:

Artist said:

They ARE oversized stools
    *Applause*
  • Options
    Phukov said:

Floater said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Roger said:

Because humans have no native understanding of statistics or risk. We accumulate bad stories and the more we accumulate the worse we think things are.
    It's why old people are often such gits. They have a false view that everything is going to hell. Old people have always been like that, and always will be.
    You are probably right, and with more old people than ever before, politicians have to appeal to gits who think everything is going to hell. Suddenly Brexit makes more sense.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,286
    Boris very strong start.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Boris very strong start.

Really? :D
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,936
    MikeL said:

Boris very strong start.

Indeed. Sounded like Cameron.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,152
    MikeL said:

Boris very strong start.

He didn’t answer the question.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    Boris just blew up the 31 Oct deadline.....
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

3 of them voted remain.
  • Options
    Hunt and Gove's argument is strange, it sounds like they want 1/2 weeks extra as if that will change anything.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    #bringbackmcvey
  • Options
    I think Boris has prepared for this.
  • Options

Why surprised
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,215
    MikeL said:

Never too late in life to try something new, I guess.
  • Options

Boris is the continuity May candidate with different style but exactly the same plan and lack of communication. ERG too thick to realise.
  • Options
    Artist said:

Hunt and Gove's argument is strange, it sounds like they want 1/2 weeks extra as if that will change anything.

It’s to skewer Boris which is what has happened. He’s now being asked to guarantee 31sr October.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,936
    MikeL said:

Boris, Gove and Hunt sound like the grown ups here. Saj and Rory just not ready.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

#bringbackmcvey

Never ever
  • Options
    They don’t understand parliamentary democracy, they don’t have to follow the instructions of a questionable referendum if they don’t think it’s in our best interests. They should have the balls to stand up and say this is shit why shoot ourselves in both feet we will revoke and send the leavers off to a distant room to come back with a plan that will work, it would be a long time before they come back.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

All his life.

It's a shame he's intellectually and morally unequal to his ambition.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595
    Does anyone really believe in this "almost there by halloween" scenario they keep arguing about?
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    Hunt is surprisingly good here. He almost seems like a human being.
  • Options
    Boris not interrupting anyone - sitting back calmly and authoritatively.

Looking the most Prime Ministerial.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Boris not interrupting anyone - sitting back calmly and authoritatively.

Looking the most Prime Ministerial.

We get it. You love Boris.
  • Options
    I quite like this intimate format.
This discussion has been closed.