Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The first results sees the red wall penetrated

Comments

• OMG Gareth Snell.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited December 2019
    Jesus some of these Remain people just don't get it....Miller banging on about Boris not able to read etc.

When will they learn.
  • Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    edited December 2019

Is Boris now thinking “fuck it I might as well sell the NHS”?

Johnson can do what he fucking well likes. Ditch the revolution agreements, break up the BBC, bring back hanging. Dizzying it must be...
    That was supposed to be 'devolution'...
    Interesting idea. “No you can’t have a referendum and, fuck it, let’s collapse the Scottish Gvt”.

Edit - For clarity I am joking. Scotland should have its referendum.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,878
    Drutt said:

Byronic said:

I've moved on to Chateau Talbot, 2009

Others?

Bath Ales Wild Hare.
    Top beer...
  • Yokes said:

Belfast North : Some Areas Had 80% Approx Turnout, Ardoyne And Few Unionist Areas. Still On A Knife Edge. #Exciting

You do know Ardoyne includes a Unionist community right?
    Yes but majority nationalist.
    Indeed

https://cain.ulster.ac.uk/images/maps/2001religionwardsbelfast1.jpg
  • The Green Party MUST disband as a political party.

You either join the Tory party or join the Labour Party while we continue to have first past the post system.

EVERY LIBERAL DEMOCRAT HAS BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS

How did three years of hollering "FUCK OFF AND JOIN THE TORIEEEEES" go?
  • How can Newcastle North be close? MRP had it at Con 31, Lab 46 :open_mouth:

It seems lightning won't strike twice regarding YouGov's MRP.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    edited December 2019

Jonathan said:

The SNP is the answer to the idea that it was Brexit alone that caused Labour to lose.

This is all about Corbyn, Milne and their cult.

What's the difference between now and 2017? Labour commitment to a second referendum.
    * Corbyn sat on the fence on Brexit at the key moment, tried to triangulate the issue, confused and annoyed everyone and could not lay a finger on the Tories.
    * The total catastrophic mishandling of antisemitism in the party .
    * Much of the 2019 manifesto lacked credibility, whereas the 2017 manifesto borrowed heavily from 1997.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,083
    Andy_JS said:

Why does it feel like we've already had 50 results when in fact it's only 3?

Tbf its 5
  • paulyork64paulyork64 Posts: 2,461
    Bolsover

bet365 Con 1/2
    Skybet Lab 9/4
  • wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,841
    Labour imploding in front of us. Utterly ruinous days ahead for them
  • EPGEPG Posts: 5,996
    AlistairM said:

Gina Miller on ITV looks destroyed.

So does Michael Gove, suggesting maybe nobody looks good at half past midnight after an election day.
  • HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    Gareth Snell: you are a legend. This is what Labour needs.
  • WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2019

Seismic. We have not known such scenes since Blair was in his prime.
    Yes, if they got that part of Newcastle a mega-landslide really could be on.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842

OMG Gareth Snell.

He's right
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,279
    Artist said:

I wonder if the Tories are ahead in Wales on vote percentage.

It's going to be very close if the exit poll is right.
  • AlistairM said:

She's such a bitter loser...
    She’s actually a terrific winner.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,279
    RobD said:

Gareth Snell unleashing the bitter recriminations on BBC1.

Sounds like the three horsemen of the apocalypse...
    What happened to the fourth?
  • chloechloe Posts: 308
    dr_spyn said:

Snell hinting of 3 Tory MPs in stoke on Trent?

I was born in Stoke. Hard to believe voters there elect 3 Tory MPs. I know it voted leave but still very surprising.
  • Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669

OMG Gareth Snell.

not pulling any punches, is he?
  • isam said:

Byronic said:

Others?

I'm about to have nice chilled glass of Sancerre and some Camembert.
    I was given a hamper from a place in Arundel today that has both of those items inside
    There you go! Just make sure the Camembert is nice and runny, and taken out of the fridge well in advance of eating.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,770
    tlg86 said:

Is the big guy on ITV there to stop a fight between Farage and Miller?

Its worth having Miller on to laugh at her. But why do we need to listen to her crap?

Jesus some of these Remain people just don't get it....Miller banging on about Boris not able to read etc.

When will they learn.

Snell gets it
  • mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    Byronic said:

Others?

Pauillac 2015
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

RobD said:

Recount.
  • Belfast South : Claire Hanna is polling very well but still early days, full result is expected around 3am.
  • YokesYokes Posts: 1,178
    edited December 2019

AlistairM said:

Will she be taking the election result to court?
    The people are wrong, democratic votes are wrong. She is right. I can't believe how you don't see that.

AlistairM said:

She's such a bitter loser...
    She’s actually a terrific winner.
    She ought to stand for parliament if she wants to get involved in politics.
  • All these huge upsets in northern seats are also the sound of huge expectations being built up.
    IanB2 said:

Andy_JS said:

Why does it feel like we've already had 50 results when in fact it's only 3?

Tbf its 5
    I must have missed 2 in that case.
  • ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503

None of this is a surprise. Labour members own it entirely. They were told time and again. They did not listen. They should hang their heads in shame.

This post.
  • Well I can finally say after all these years the Metropolitan elite have been shown the door by the ordinary folk and not before time

I had to get it off my chest and nothing personal to any of our posters

With respect Big G I think that's rubbish. Take a look at who bankrolls the Tories. They are the epitome of the metropolitan elite. Anyone who thinks that this is a victory for the common man is being played. It's sad that this US style culture war crap has taken root here.
    The common man or woman have voted for the party and that is good enough for me
  • Moray count: too close to call. Very close. Knife edge. According to both SNP and Con.
  • Ooh BBC going to East Dunbartonshire . . .

RobD said:

They had to sell it to pay the 25% VAT
  • Well I can finally say after all these years the Metropolitan elite have been shown the door by the ordinary folk and not before time

With respect Big G I think that's rubbish. Take a look at who bankrolls the Tories. They are the epitome of the metropolitan elite. Anyone who thinks that this is a victory for the common man is being played. It's sad that this US style culture war crap has taken root here.
    Not just the metropolitan elite, in fact, but the transnational mega-wealthy elite.
    Can recommend you read Oliver Bullough's 'Moneyland' Big G. You've been played. But sure, it's a victory for the ordinary folk. I look forward to the ordinary folk cracking on in Westminster on Tuesday.

Not just the metropolitan elite, in fact, but the transnational mega-wealthy elite.
    I'm going to be spending tomorrow night with them at my Christmas party. Have pity on me.
  • isamisam Posts: 40,730
    AlistairM said:

Serves her right for being a smart arse and trying to lawyer us out of Brexit
  • Moray has finished counting!
    Tim_B said:

RobD said:

Bloody EU rules!
  • Moray count: too close to call. Very close. Knife edge. According to both SNP and Con.

I hope Scon holds on. He is greatly liked and hard working

None of this is a surprise. Labour members own it entirely. They were told time and again. They did not listen. They should hang their heads in shame.

Note, some Labour members fought this and tried damned hard to fix it despite being called 'Red Tory Scum'.
  • Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

But will they, or will they react the same as they did when EdM lost in 2015, throw a massive tantrum and pick someone even more bonkers than Corbyn?
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    edited December 2019
    East Dunbartonshire: looking extremely tight. Lib Dems looking extremely worried. SNP smiling. (BBC)

Well I can finally say after all these years the Metropolitan elite have been shown the door by the ordinary folk and not before time

That’s how it works in the US, as well. A party run by billionaires gets people with nothing to vote for it, then does nothing for them.

Moray count: too close to call. Very close. Knife edge. According to both SNP and Con.

That should mean Banff is a Tory hold I think
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,231

Byronic said:

Others?

Water
    Water
    Everywhere
    Yet not a drop to drink.
  • Byronic said:

Others?

What classical music do you suggest listening to whilst watching the red
    Dominoes fall?
    1812 finale if Tory.
    Tchaikovsky Pathetique finale if Labour.
    MASH theme song if Swinson and friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1h1NJMKtnc
  • speedy2speedy2 Posts: 981
    edited December 2019

Moray count: too close to call. Very close. Knife edge. According to both SNP and Con.

99%+SNP in the Exit Poll.

Needs a 4.5% swing to SNP.
    The SNP could be around 47-51 seats.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,958
    Some rather ashen-faces there with LibDem rosettes in Jo Swinson's seat......
  • East Dunbartonshire: looking extremely tight. Lib Dems looking extremely worried. SNP smiling. (BBC)

They should have a 'Portillo moment' rating on the BBC exit poll.
  • I am shocked, far too many people think I say exactly the same things as Osborne, occasionally before he says it.
  • DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093
    Gareth snell expecting to get beat and absolutely excoriating on BBC just now; "we had the choice of message: 'stop tories' or 'stop brexit'; the london MPs chose stopping brexit and ignored midlands/northern voters". Brillo: "should corbyn and mcdonnell go?" GS: "yes".

stop press GARETH SNELL IS 5 YEARS YOUNGER THAN I AM. He looks like absolute shit for a 33yo. Must've had a difficult paper round.
  • I’m on Angela Rayner for next LAB leader, and I think Gareth Snell’s comment there will be echoed a few times more.

Looking at tonight’s outcome, it can’t be a full-on remainer. Lay Starmer, Back Rayner. That’s my advice.
  • They have told him to f##k off back to Newcastle.
  • TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,678

How can Newcastle North be close? MRP had it at Con 31, Lab 46 :open_mouth:

It seems lightning won't strike twice regarding YouGov's MRP.

As with 2017, the first MRP was closer than the second. Interesting.
  • KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Jonathan said:

Note, some Labour members fought this and tried damned hard to fix it despite being called 'Red Tory Scum'.
    Time to break away, The SDP are back up and running these days. Big demand for a socially conservative, economically liberal party in the country.
  • None of this is a surprise. Labour members own it entirely. They were told time and again. They did not listen. They should hang their heads in shame.

This post.
    If even your opponents IN ALL PARTIES are telling you you've got the wrong leader...
  • BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    This is such a strange feeling. 2015 was the pure joy of surprise to me. 2017 was the gut punch of physical grief.

This time I barely feel anything other than stunned relief and disbelief...
  • Osborne and Balls are far better than the other channels.
  • I’m on Angela Rayner for next LAB leader, and I think Gareth Snell’s comment there will be echoed a few times more.

Looking at tonight’s outcome, it can’t be a full-on remainer. Lay Starmer, Back Rayner. That’s my advice.

That assumes Rayner will win her seat.

I hope that the party is loyal to those common people and not their mega wealthy donors. Having seen plenty of Tory politicians up close in Mayfair being wined and dined by the donor class I have to say that I don't share your optimism.

I’m on Angela Rayner for next LAB leader, and I think Gareth Snell’s comment there will be echoed a few times more.

Rayner has potential.
  • EPGEPG Posts: 5,996
    IanB2 said:

Well I can finally say after all these years the Metropolitan elite have been shown the door by the ordinary folk and not before time

That’s how it works in the US, as well. A party run by billionaires gets people with nothing to vote for it, then does nothing for them.
    Replicating USA resentment in the UK is the Cummings strategy that he has deployed since, of all things, the North-East regional devolution referendum. Make powerless people hate politicians, so they give up what power they have to other politicians, whose backers also back Cummings.
  • Some rather ashen-faces there with LibDem rosettes in Jo Swinson's seat......

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving bunch.
  • Anyone with half a brain will be hoping Labour is destroyed totally tonight. Corbyn and co have allowed the Tories in to destroy the British constitution. Labour deserves to die for what it has enabled.
    Labour will hold Easington but looks like that anecdote was a good straw in the wind
  • Can we all have a few minutes silence for Sir John Major, who took a landslide and delivered a barely workable majority. And how miserable he must be at Boris taking a minority government and on the cusp of delivering an 80 seat majority.
    edited December 2019

Byronic said:

Others?

What classical music do you suggest listening to whilst watching the red
    Dominoes fall?
    1812 finale if Tory.
    Tchaikovsky Pathetique finale if Labour.
    MASH theme song if Swinson and friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1h1NJMKtnc
    Lol. The composer is said to have described his finale as people being bashed with a stick and told they should be rejoicing.
  • tysontyson Posts: 6,049

I’m on Angela Rayner for next LAB leader, and I think Gareth Snell’s comment there will be echoed a few times more.

I agree...

Anyone with half a brain will be hoping Labour is destroyed totally tonight. Corbyn and co have allowed the Tories in to destroy the British constitution. Labour deserves to die for what it has enabled.

So then what... A one party state?
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited December 2019

Anyone with half a brain will be hoping Labour is destroyed totally tonight. Corbyn and co have allowed the Tories in to destroy the British constitution. Labour deserves to die for what it has enabled.

Hopefully they cut out the cancer of Corbyn and co and people like yourself will take over again.

Watching Eddie Spheroids on ITV, I am sitting here going FFS can we have that Labour Party back please.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 703
    Swindon North big swing to Con
  • Stockton North. If Labour cling on its thanks to the Brexit Party
    RobD said:

Tim_B said:

RobD said:

Bloody EU rules!
    You can shout all you want, but the only result is that you'll get a little hoarse :-)
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535
    edited December 2019
    Jonathan said:

Not enough of them. Far too many were content to wait and see what happens. The ones that acted may have failed, but they can at least say they tried to do something about Corbyn before it was too late.
  • Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060
    edited December 2019

Byronic said:

Others?

Water
    Water
    Everywhere
    And
    All
  • Labour vote down in Swindon.
    edited December 2019
    Swindon N big Tory win
  • HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    Why did Labour turbocharge their spending?; Simple, they had ramped up the language about the cuts to such a peak the only response to them had to be to reverse them all and to do so straight away. They couldn't take time as it would make them complicit, so they HAD to spend straight way.
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,279
    Swindon North Con 32584 Lab 16413
  • YokesYokes Posts: 1,178

Belfast South : Claire Hanna is polling very well but still early days, full result is expected around 3am.

Hanna should win given that SF are not standing with the nationalist pact, however a lot there depends on working class Loyalist turnout. They tend not to be heavy voters. If they do turnout Pengelly may hold on and what could stop Hanna is Paula Bradshaw of Alliance.
    Swindon North:

Con 32,584
    Lab 16,413
    LD 4,408
    Grn 1,710
  • Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    Swindon North!

Ave it calls the CON maj again!!!!!
  • WOW big swing in Swindon...although a hold of course. for Tory.
  • KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    NeilVW said:

Swindon North big swing to Con

I shat myself when it looked like the Lib Dem was holding a speech!

32,000 Tory votes in Swindon North.

32,000!!!!
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,771

Can we all have a few minutes silence for Sir John Major, who took a landslide and delivered a barely workable majority. And how miserable he must be at Boris taking a minority government and on the cusp of delivering an 80 seat majority.

Let's not forget, though, that Boris has been lucky in his enemies.

Major vs Corbyn would have been a stonking Conservative majority.
  • DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093

Come back Alan Johnson and Ed Balls....FFS these Maomentum student politics tw@ts need to shut up and bugger off.

Indeed. Balls is a fucking class act. How has Labour lost these guys?
    Ask @TheScreamingEagles he might have a clue.
    He polled very badly on a personal level as people realised he was Gordon Brown's consigliere and his assertions Labour hadn't left the UK exposed to the great financial crash.

My legendary modesty prevents me from mentioning my brilliant campaigning skills.
    Balls' neo-endogenous growth theory ("borrow loads, spend loads, multiplier, come out up") lay at the heart of Gordon Brown's overspending justifications.
  • WOW Swindon! I was worried when she said 16k for Lab not realising how big the constituency is, that massively outstrips the MRP too.
    Glorious
  • Stockton North FFS

Is 9,000 the ‘line’?
  • IanB2 said:

Swindon N big Tory win

HOLD not GAIN.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,958
    Cons double majority in Swindon North
  • ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    Andy_JS said:

Swindon North:

Con 32,584
    Lab 16,413
    LD 4,408
    Grn 1,710

Honda area?
    I told the Lib Dems to back Mays deal in my resignation letter to them !
    Labour's spending proposals were a bit insulting to anyone over the age of about 15.
This discussion has been closed.