Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Bloomberg’s high budget WH2020 campaign will continue against

Comments

• Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187
    @HYUFD

OK no apology then. Didn't really expect it. People hardly ever apologise if asked to. Any case all is well now since going forward I can filter you out on this one.

But not on other matters, I hasten to add. You are value added on plenty of other matters. I must ignore you just on this one. Bloomberg.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,613

A boost for Boris if Stormont is back up and running?
    Do you think he has friends in the DUP or Sein Fein? Or perhaps the Alliance?

Having a functioning Stormont will add a new wrinkle to Brexit.
  • Options
    Stormont up and running is a loss for Boris, as nurses will get pay parity now.

In terms of results, Tories still win the next election.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,280
    He’s certainly delivering deals, no question.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,718
    kinabalu said:

@HYUFD

OK no apology then. Didn't really expect it. People hardly ever apologise if asked to. Any case all is well now since going forward I can filter you out on this one.

But not on other matters, I hasten to add. You are value added on plenty of other matters. I must ignore you just on this one. Bloomberg.

Is HYUFD on the naughty step?
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    Think it just shows that DUP were quite happy with no Stormont when they could get what they wanted by being the casting vote at Westminster. Now they are irrelevant at Westminster they want their power back.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Correct but he's not good for the most vunerable and poor in our society, although no Tory is / was.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995
    edited January 2020
    kinabalu said:

@HYUFD

Thanks, if Sanders wins the nomination and Bloomberg backs him I will apologise but for now I remain of the view he will not and would run as an Independent instead (though he would happily campaign for Biden or Buttigieg).

He would justify it on the basis Trump would beat Sanders and for the good of the nation he has to run to give a credible alternative to Trump
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCV0FdNwrL4&t=183s

maajid Nawaz on this weeks events in Middle East
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    alex_ said:

Think it just shows that DUP were quite happy with no Stormont when they could get what they wanted by being the casting vote at Westminster. Now they are irrelevant at Westminster they want their power back.

I think both they and SF were more influenced by the need to avoid elections.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,854
    DavidL said:

Well, anything's possible if you throw enough money at it. Mary Lou McDonald seemed to be able to point to plenty of concessions won by SF including on the promotion of the Irish language.

The DUP also perhaps realise their influence of old has now gone and the new political reality post 12/12 means they have to play ball to get scraps from the table.
  • Options
    felix said:

alex_ said:

I think both they and SF were more influenced by the need to avoid elections.
    Alliance would have been the only winner.
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    edited January 2020
    alex_ said:

Both the DUP and SF lost votes at the GE 1 in 6 for DUP and 1 in 4 for SF, add in the NHS there, that seems to be in meltdown, they both had no choice but to reconvene the Assembly. The voters would have chosen other parties if they had not.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Correct but he's not good for the most vunerable and poor in our society, although no Tory is / was.
    You just do not know that yet.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,174
    stodge said:

DavidL said:

Well, anything's possible if you throw enough money at it. Mary Lou McDonald seemed to be able to point to plenty of concessions won by SF including on the promotion of the Irish language.

The DUP also perhaps realise their influence of old has now gone and the new political reality post 12/12 means they have to play ball to get scraps from the table.
    That isn't really the point. It is happening on his watch, whether he has any direct input or not.
  • Options

alex_ said:

Both the DUP and SF lost votes at the GE 1 in 6 for DUP and 1 in 4 for SF, add in the NHS there seems to be in meltdown, they both had no choice but to reconvene the Assembly. The voters would have chosen other parties if they had not.
    Without doubt.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    alex_ said:

And neither the DUP or SF particularly want an election. It takes two to tango.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,779

DavidL said:

Do you honestly believe that any PM is some sort of magic wand for those people?

Boris will be at least as good as his predecessors in helping them.

Essentially the vulnerable shouldn't be so - social services should pick up on them before they get there, and the poor are a mixed bag, but a good many of them should 'get on their bikes' as Norman Tebbitt once said.

We need less people trying to arse about and self-classify themselves as needy, and that'll free the social services to deal with the real cases. I have no idea at all how you achieve that.
  • Options
    TheGreenMachineTheGreenMachine Posts: 1,043
    edited January 2020
    Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Do you honestly believe that any PM is some sort of magic wand for those people?

Essentially the vulnerable shouldn't be so - social services should pick up on them before they get there, and the poor are a mixed bag, but a good many of them should 'get on their bikes' as Norman Tebbitt once said.

We need less people trying to arse about and self-classify themselves as needy, and that'll free the social services to deal with the real cases. I have no idea at all how you achieve that.
    Increasing the minimum wage to £20 per hour would fix a lot of stuff for them.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Quite a jump. I wonder what that would do to employment figures.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Because I am a moron I have just put 5 of your English pounds on Clive Lewis.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Not many would remain on welfare, that's for sure sir.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187
    Stocky said:

Well he was but he's off it now. I don't hold grudges. Life's too short.

Quick point from my party meeting the other day. I was struck by the sense that for many of the activists there it is far more important to feel part of something they truly believe in than it is to win a majority of MPs in Westminster.
  • Options

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Except those not in work...
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,983
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

@HYUFD

Thanks, if Sanders wins the nomination and Bloomberg backs him I will apologise but for now I remain of the view he will not and would run as an Independent instead (though he would happily campaign for Biden or Buttigieg).

He would justify it on the basis Trump would beat Sanders and for the good of the nation he has to run to give a credible alternative to Trump
    Quite possibly delusional!
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595

Stocky said:

rcs1000 said:

Phillips, whose campaign slogan is “speak truth, win power”, said she stands ready to work with the Conservatives and other parties to solve a problem that has dogged successive governments.

She said a “citizens’ assembly”, similar to the Irish model that proposed new abortion laws, could allow ordinary people to work out how a better system could be funded.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/10/jess-phillips-people-would-pay-more-tax-for-decent-social-care

This stupid idea of a citizens' assembly again. We elect MPs to represent us, listen to experts and form policy. This is again a very complex issue. We should instead be learning from the experience of having for example Prof Webb doing pensions i.e. an genuine expert in the role in which they are extremely well versed.

Yes, but Citizens Assemlies allow MPs to avoid responsibility. With the EU-crutch being taken away ("it wasn't my idea, it was forced on me by Brussels"), MPs need a new way to pass the buck.
    I think this is overly cynical.

Citizens` Assemblies is a mechanism which could in principle be used in an attempt to supplement or bypass democracy. For example, Extinction Rebellion advocates strongly for CAs because it recognises that democracy (whether direct or representative) will never tackle the planet`s environmental woes - which are human-caused and turkeys don`t vote for Christmas blah blah.

ER`s CAs would not be made up of random electorate (that could be counter-productive to their aims), rather they would be made up of scientists, naturalists and environmental campaigners.

Their view - and mine - is that business as usual is not even slightly able to produce the change that is needed. Something drastic has to be done to ameliorate the shocking loss of biodiversity and wild habitat, and ER is at least coming up with something which would have a real effect if global cooperation were achieved alongside.

I know ER is hated by many (I disagree with some of their antics) but they are not looking for popularity.
    So basically you're arguing for a dictatorship led by the likes of ER and the associated suspension of democracy?

Forgive me if I don't sign up for that.
    They really are just Trotskyites in green clothing aren't they?
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Essentially the vulnerable shouldn't be so - social services should pick up on them before they get there

Lol, aye, so they should.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

I was working with a guy yesterday who was in a full-time supervisory role and earning £21,500 a year. Most people on PB were earning more than that 30 years ago. For people on here to see earning that sort of money as economically prudent may have a shock when the peasants start revolting.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Your mad, lol.
  • Options
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/09/australia/mallacoota-beer-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

Gotta love the Aussies, go

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

I was working with a guy yesterday who was in a full-time supervisory role and earning £21,500 a year. Most people on PB were earning more than that 30 years ago. For people on here to see earning that sort of money as economically prudent may have a shock when the peasants start revolting.
    Was he eligible for Tax Credits?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

You could have just bought your bookie a pint. It would have been cheaper and more convivial. Still, a gift is a gift.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,718
    edited January 2020
    kinabalu said:

Stocky said:

Quick point from my party meeting the other day. I was struck by the sense that for many of the activists there it is far more important to feel part of something they truly believe in than it is to win a majority of MPs in Westminster.
    Sounds Corbynesque?
  • Options

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/09/australia/mallacoota-beer-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

I have no idea. Either way I believe you have missed my point.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,612
    kinabalu said:

Stocky said:

I skipped our CLP this evening. Better for my wellbeing to avoid 2 hours of fuckwittery.
  • Options

Alistair said:

You could have just bought your bookie a pint. It would have been cheaper and more convivial. Still, a gift is a gift.
    Stone cold certainty.
  • Options

DavidL said:

No politician is ever good for the poor & vulnerable. They all despise them regardless of party.
  • Options

DavidL said:

No politician is ever good for the poor & vulnerable. They all despise them regardless of party.
    Frank Field? David Willetts?
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Worth a lot more outside London though...
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Your mad, lol.
    You are if you think more than doubling the minimum wage would have no negative impact.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Can you please enlighten us on whether you're thick or just trolling?
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595
    Probably quite a lot of credit owed to Julian Smith, much more effective than the hapless Karen Bradley who was viewed with contempt by all sides in NI.
  • Options
    Floater said:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCV0FdNwrL4&t=183s

Is a loss to parliament he isn't an MP.
  • Options
    dodrade said:

Probably quite a lot of credit owed to Julian Smith, much more effective than the hapless Karen Bradley who was viewed with contempt by all sides in NI.
    The buck stops with Boris. So for the moment this is a Boris win.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,896
    Floater said:

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCV0FdNwrL4&t=183s

That’s well worth 15 minutes of anyone’s time, listening to someone who actually understands all the factions in the ME and how they fit together. I hope that he has the ear of those in government who could benefit from his insight.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited January 2020
    Sandpit said:

Floater said:

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCV0FdNwrL4&t=183s

That’s well worth 15 minutes of anyone’s time, listening to someone who actually understands all the factions in the ME and how they fit together. I hope that he has the ear of those in government who could benefit from his insight.
    Him and Rory the ex-Tory know their onions on this stuff.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

DavidL said:

Could we have league table of vulnerability? It appears to include everyone bar the white middle to upper middle class.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,006
    matt said:

DavidL said:

Could we have league table of vulnerability? It appears to include everyone bar the white middle to upper middle class.
    What's the point of saying white? Do you believe white people are the victim of social anti-white racism. In Boris's Britain where the PM fantasises in print about "piccaninnies". Jesus wept.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,744
    EPG said:

matt said:

DavidL said:

What's the point of saying white? Do you believe white people are the victim of social anti-white racism. In Boris's Britain where the PM fantasises in print about "piccaninnies". Jesus wept.
    I really feel like the piccaninnies line is not going to be enough to sustain attacks on Boris through the long years of his premiership. He provides newer reasons to criticise often enough.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,927

dodrade said:

Boris owns everything now apparently, applies to good as well as bad I assumed
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,995
    viewcode said:

When the aircraft industry started using carbon fibre they ran into an enormous problem: suddenly nothing fit. They'd got so used to bodging subassemblies together they couldn't cope with brittle materials that can't be subject to percussive adjustment. This tradition was famously one of the reasons why the AEW Nimrod went over budget: not one of the refurbished wings fitted in the fuselages, since all of the wing roots were of slightly different sizes.

The wing issue wasn't on Nimrod AEW.3; it was on the Portillo designed catastrophe Nimrod 2000 which became Nimrod MRA.4 which became a 4bn quid pile of scrap.

All of the original MR.2s (which were to be remanufactured into MRA.4s in a typical tory act of corporate welfare to BAE) were built on concrete jigs at Hatfield in the 60s. One of the jigs was a Friday afternoon job that was built on the piss meaning that none of the datum points on the fuselage were quite were they were supposed to be. This was only discovered when they sawed the original wings off XV243 and the new ones didn't fit.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115
    kle4 said:

EPG said:

matt said:

DavidL said:

I really feel like the piccaninnies line is not going to be enough to sustain attacks on Boris through the long years of his premiership. He provides newer reasons to criticise often enough.
    Although, if you notice, not for quite some while now.....
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115

Floater said:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCV0FdNwrL4&t=183s

Is a loss to parliament he isn't an MP.
    Would he accept a peerage?
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    EPG said:

matt said:

DavidL said:

He didn't fantasize about it, he was satirising the mindset of other people. As about 30 seconds googling would enable you to learn for yourself.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216
    Within weeks, no one in politics will give a f about the Morning Star.

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1215709733178486795
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Can you please enlighten us on whether you're thick or just trolling?
    People like you are why the country is goosed.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Your mad, lol.
    You are if you think more than doubling the minimum wage would have no negative impact.
    You're delusional to put it nicely.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,006
    IshmaelZ said:

EPG said:

matt said:

DavidL said:

He didn't fantasize about it, he was satirising the mindset of other people. As about 30 seconds googling would enable you to learn for yourself.
    Satire explained by googling is really a summary of the sh1tposting that should be abandoned with the rest of 2010s culture.
  • Options
    @RobD

I'm an advocate to increase minimum wage but it doesn't bother me either way, I just dislike seeing people struggle.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    It is absolutely hilarious going back to the newspapers of the nineties and reading the absolutely hysterical nonsense written about the absolutely apocalyptic devastation to the economy introducing a minimum wage would do.

It was going to be the fucking end times.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Your mad, lol.
    Has any country more than doubled the minimum wage overnight before? I think the onus is on you to say why it wouldn't have any negative impact on employment.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Your mad, lol.
    Has any country more than doubled the minimum wage overnight before? I think the onus is on you to say why it wouldn't have any negative impact on employment.
    All the main shop's now have self service checkouts.
  • Options
    isam said:

dodrade said:

Politically speaking, yes he does. All Heads of State do.

John Major achieved lasting peace in Northern Ireland, but the hapless ERM debacle defined his premiership.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,744

kle4 said:

EPG said:

matt said:

DavidL said:

Although, if you notice, not for quite some while now.....
    I meant things to criticise about him generally, not merely unfortunate remarks.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,661
    edited January 2020
    https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1215753237258821632?s=20

"Do what you want - and pay for it". Public not in favour of cakeism.
  • Options
    alteregoalterego Posts: 1,100

@RobD

I'm an advocate to increase minimum wage but it doesn't bother me either way, I just dislike seeing people struggle.

You really don't see that a minimum wage of £20pw would exacerbate the issue that you think it cures, and are abusive when your view is challenged.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Omnium said:

DavidL said:

Your mad, lol.
    All the main shop's now have self service checkouts.
    Quite
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

EPG said:

matt said:

DavidL said:

Johnson's awful piece decrying Blair's apparent old colonialism might have been many things, satire was not one of them.
  • Options

isam said:

dodrade said:

Brenda still carries that can - currently on a favourable rating of +66....(pipped only by William, (+69) and miles ahead of Charles (+24) and Harry (+29).

• Options

The Cambridges not doing too badly in that poll. William is even ahead of HM, which is quite impressive!
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,983
    matt said:

alex_ said:

Both my wife and I said that as the announcement was made on the News. It’s amazing how termination of income concentrates minds.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,983
    Alistair said:

It is absolutely hilarious going back to the newspapers of the nineties and reading the absolutely hysterical nonsense written about the absolutely apocalyptic devastation to the economy introducing a minimum wage would do.

I’d give this a like if it wasn’t for the unnecessary (and incorrect) use of the f word!
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    OT

I do wonder if Clive Lewis' positioning, while likely to flop among the current Labour membership, would actually be a smart move for the party for the electorate as a whole.

RLB basically wants to do the Corbyn thing but better. Same coalition.

Starmer would maybe bring back in the low hanging fruit by dealing with the AS issue, but is vulnerable in Brexit/ culture. Labour would continue to be a party of socialista, graduates, young people, city dwellers.

Nandy meanwhile would aim to rebuild the party's support in Leavey areas and towns, but the more woke wing might baulk at losing their priorities and having to tolerate socially conservative voters.

The Lewis position seems built to coopt Lib Dems by supporting PR and political reform. The LDs don't have a lot of seats but they do have broad shallow support almost everywhere, and a "progressive alliance" of pro European, pro PR liberal lefties would be a real prospect if Labour changed leadership. It seems a more likely alliance than between woke Corbynites and Blue Labour on paper at least.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

matt said:

alex_ said:

Both my wife and I said that as the announcement was made on the News. It’s amazing how termination of income concentrates minds.
    You old cynic you 😄
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

EPG said:

matt said:

DavidL said:

Johnson's awful piece decrying Blair's apparent old colonialism might have been many things, satire was not one of them.
    And that precludes any one particular word in the piece from being used satirically, does it?
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited January 2020
    Alistair said:

Not really. The devil is (as always) in the detail, and in particular in respect of a minimum wage, at the actual figure. Blair, very sensibly, set the initial minimum wage at a very low level, so it did little damage. Even so it helped finish off what was left of the textile industry, and some marginal retail jobs.
  • Options
    EPG said:

IshmaelZ said:

EPG said:

matt said:

DavidL said:

Satire explained by googling is really a summary of the sh1tposting that should be abandoned with the rest of 2010s culture.
    That doesn't mean anything. Sorry.
  • Options

Prince Andrew....the Jezza of the royal family.
  • Options
    Gabs3Gabs3 Posts: 836
    RobD said:

The Cambridges not doing too badly in that poll. William is even ahead of HM, which is quite impressive!
    Isn't " do what you want and pay for it" what the rest of us have to do? The public seem pretty fair to all parties there.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Not really. The devil is (as always) in the detail, and in particular in respect of a minimum wage, at the actual figure. Blair, very sensibly, set the initial minimum wage at a very low level, so it did little damage. Even so it helped finish off what was left of the textile industry, and some marginal retail jobs.
    I read that the average increase in wage for those on the lowest was about 10%. A huge difference from more than doubling it to £20!
  • Options

Jeremy Corbyn was not "friends with" a paedophile.
  • Options
    The Corbynista's are always banging on about how the public need to be better educated to the world of politics...reply to that royal poll...

https://twitter.com/TheMarcofCraig/status/1215756946705387520?s=20
  • Options
    Gabs3 said:

Just terrorists.
  • Options
    Gabs3 said:

No, but he is just as popular. ;)
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,298

Poor old Camilla. What's she done wrong?
  • Options

Gabs3 said:

Just terrorists.
    And a regime that hangs gays from cranes.....
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,291
    edited January 2020
    Gabs3 said:

I think you may well receive a comment from the 'moderator' over that sentence
  • Options

isam said:

dodrade said:

Brenda still carries that can - currently on a favourable rating of +66....(pipped only by William, (+69) and miles ahead of Charles (+24) and Harry (+29).

Yes fairy point,but you knew what I meant. Mrs Mountbatten however doesn't stand or fall by circumstances every four or five years at the ballot box.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Leader Standings

• Options

Gabs3 said:

Gabs3 said:

I think you may well receive a comment from the 'moderator' over that comment
    You cannot slander the dead. The bit in inverted commas is Prince Andrew's own words.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

The Corbynista's are always banging on about how the public need to be better educated to the world of politics...reply to that royal poll...

"Probably just a few thousand" would be well more than enough if it was weighted correctly...

JL Partners interviewed 1,000 adults online on Thursday and yesterday. The earlier poll on royals' ratings was carried out in October by YouGov.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7874669/Majority-Britons-say-Harry-Meghan-treated-Queen-shoddily.html

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5db0ca668552dd5ab1168a91/t/5e18fa313a904b6e1b21fc4e/1578695220563/Royals_Poll.pdf
  • Options

"Probably just a few thousand" would be well more than enough if it was weighted correctly...
    That was my point....
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Poor old Camilla. What's she done wrong?
    I think she's slowly getting more popular. Same for Charles.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,983
    Alistair said:

It really does make remarkable reading. The right at its Chicken Licken worst. I remember reading someone in the Guardian writing that the NMW was a policy which would never be rescinded by any government once installed, and his being mocked by rightwingers. But he was correct.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486

That was my point....
    Let's set up a crowd funder.

Basic Statistics for Corbynites. Free online course. The need is clearly there.
  • Options
    Freggles said:

That was my point....
    Let's set up a crowd funder.

Basic Statistics for Corbynites. Free online course. The need is clearly there.
    They will claim it is being run by Tories and thus null and void, like they continuous claim (falsely) about YouGov.
  • Options

Deputy Standings.
  • Options

Alistair said:

It really does make remarkable reading. The right at its Chicken Licken worst. I remember reading someone in the Guardian writing that the NMW was a policy which would never be rescinded by any government once installed, and his being mocked by rightwingers. But he was correct.
    So, like the triple lock, bus passes for the elderly and other similar policies. Are you suggesting that the fact that a policy is hard to reverse once enacted makes it good?
  • Options

Gabs3 said:

I think you may well receive a comment from the 'moderator' over that sentence
    Not sure there is any dispute that a certain Prince's circle of friends may have included someone convicted of unbecoming behaviour. Unless you were defending Corbyn?
This discussion has been closed.