Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And so to New Hampshire – the first full primary

Comments

• Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

If Biden pulls out then whom do you think he or his supporters might endorse from the remaining candidates?

He won't pull out, he will go to South Carolina where he still leads.

If as now looks likely Sanders wins New Hampshire and Warren is effectively eliminated, the race will be on between Buttigieg, Biden and Klobuchar to be the leading moderate to take on the leftist Sanders
    The race will be on between Buttigieg and Klobuchar.

Biden campaign's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This campaign is no more! It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to South Carolina 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-CAMPAIGN!!
    https://twitter.com/ChrisDJackson/status/1225583007525933059?s=20
    That poll is from a long time ago.
    9 days ago is not a long time ago
    This is politics. Yes it is.
  • Options

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.
    The fuck is wrong with you?
    Sanders can't beat Trump. He hasn't a cat's chance in hell. Dems keep screaming that nothing matters on this earth other than beating Trump.

And yet...
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,987
    I think we can call the final vote shares now:

Sanders 27-30%
    Buttigieg 21-23%
    Klobuchar 18-20%

Delegates go 10:8:6
  • Options
    25.9%:

Bernie Sanders 22,755 28.20%
    Pete Buttigieg 18,129 22.47%
    Amy Klobuchar 15,559 19.28%
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited February 2020
    Yang was a refreshing different candidate. I don't agree with his solutions, but he is the only one to actually be highlighting the problems coming down the tracks with regards to automation of white collar jobs (in the way blue collar jobs have gone) due to Machine Learning / AI.
  • Options
    speedy2speedy2 Posts: 981
    I'm calling it officially for Sanders.

The race for second place it still very open.
  • Options
    26.9%:

Bernie Sanders 23,030 27.00%
    Pete Buttigieg 20,284 23.78%
    Amy Klobuchar 16,317 19.13%

Wow. That's a big closing of the Sanders-Buttigieg gap
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995
    edited February 2020

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

If Biden pulls out then whom do you think he or his supporters might endorse from the remaining candidates?

If as now looks likely Sanders wins New Hampshire and Warren is effectively eliminated, the race will be on between Buttigieg, Biden and Klobuchar to be the leading moderate to take on the leftist Sanders

Biden campaign's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This campaign is no more! It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to South Carolina 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-CAMPAIGN!!
    Biden has dropped a bit with black voters but still leads and they make up most South Carolina Democratic primary voters

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1226957303527755780?s=20
  • Options

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.
    Sanders can't beat Trump. He hasn't a cat's chance in hell. Dems keep screaming that nothing matters on this earth other than beating Trump.

And yet...
    Agreed. Hopefully Biden's dismal failure sees his campaign put out to pasture. If Biden's votes go to Buttigieg or Klobuchar who swallows up the other one there's a path to a moderate who might - just might - beat Trump.

A "progressive" means 4 more years of Trump nailed on.
  • Options
    27.3%:

Bernie Sanders 24,436 27.37%
    Pete Buttigieg 20,284 22.72%
    Amy Klobuchar 17,830 19.97%

• Options
    28.3%:

Bernie Sanders 24,540 27.37%
    Pete Buttigieg 20,341 22.69%
    Amy Klobuchar 17,830 19.89%
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Biden has dropped a bit with black voters but still leads and they make up most South Carolina Democratic primary voters

His share has roughly halved and you call that "dropped a bit"?

You are Rebecca Long Bailey and I claim my £5. I'm sure Biden is running a 10/10 campaign in your eyes.

Biden will drop further after today. Its over.
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

I'm calling it officially for Sanders.

The race for second place it still very open.

There's 3% between them. It would be extremely surprising if she were to come second.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,610
    It's going to be close for 4th place between Warren and Biden.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...
    Agreed. Hopefully Biden's dismal failure sees his campaign put out to pasture. If Biden's votes go to Buttigieg or Klobuchar who swallows up the other one there's a path to a moderate who might - just might - beat Trump.

If Buttigieg or Klobuchar fail to win South Carolina then in my view Sanders will be nominee now through momentum and split opposition, he already leads in big Super Tuesday states like California
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,150
    edited February 2020

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...

I wouldn't put it that strongly. I know a campaign could potentially amplify his weakness but Sanders must be pretty well known by this point, and his polling against Trump is as strong as anyone's. I don't think this was ever true of Corbyn - his polling ranged from bad to terrible.

This isn't an offer to bet but I think I'd rate their chances against Trump something like:

KLOBUCHAR 65%
    Biden 60%
    Buttigieg 55%
    Warren 40%
    Bernie 40%
  • Options
    29.0%:

Bernie Sanders 24,818 27.30%
    Pete Buttigieg 20,668 22.74%
    Amy Klobuchar 18,073 19.88%
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,760
    speedy2 said:

I'm calling it officially for Sanders....

[grits teeth]

you. can't. call. it. you. aren't. the. official. who. calls. it.

(sorry, it's a quirk of mine. :( )

• Options
    HYUFD said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...

If Buttigieg or Klobuchar fail to win South Carolina then in my view Sanders will be nominee now through momentum and split opposition, he already leads in big Super Tuesday states like California
    Yes, but he has to get 50%+1 to be nominee. Having the most delegates is not sufficient.
  • Options
    29.6%:

Bernie Sanders 24,866 27.21%
    Pete Buttigieg 20,911 22.89%
    Amy Klobuchar 18,113 19.82%
  • Options

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...
    Keep your calm.
    President Pete is going to wipe the floor with the orange devil.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You are Rebecca Long Bailey and I claim my £5. I'm sure Biden is running a 10/10 campaign in your eyes.

Buttigieg at just 4%, if he fails to win South Carolina his campaign is likely near over too
  • Options
    30% in:

Bernie Sanders 25,126 27.13%
    Pete Buttigieg 21,260 22.96%
    Amy Klobuchar 18,304 19.77%
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited February 2020
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Buttigieg at just 4%, if he fails to win South Carolina his campaign is likely near over too
    Don't be farcical. He's the clear runner up to Sanders as it stands. If he is runner up to Sanders in South Carolina then I'd make him odds on favourite for the nomination as the moderates will swing behind him.

4% in a poll means nothing too. Bloomberg has just gone from 7% to 22% in a week. Buttigieg could easily be over 20% in a few weeks.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...

Yes, but he has to get 50%+1 to be nominee. Having the most delegates is not sufficient.
    Winning California, likely followed by winning New York and Michigan etc will get him there, with his clear win in New Hampshire tonight Sanders road to the nomination is set fair
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    30.3%:

Bernie Sanders 26,429 27.56%
    Pete Buttigieg 21,644 22.57%
    Amy Klobuchar 18,863 19.67%
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...

Winning California, likely followed by winning New York and Michigan etc will get him there, with his clear win in New Hampshire tonight Sanders road to the nomination is clear
    No it won't. Delegates are awarded proportionally. Getting a bunch of 30% shares - even if you're first - gets you nowhere near a majority of delegates.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

lol
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...

Winning California, likely followed by winning New York and Michigan etc will get him there, with his clear win in New Hampshire tonight Sanders road to the nomination is clear
    27% in a proportional voting system doesn't make anything clear yet.

Between Biden, Klobuchar and Biden there's a majority there for a moderate - if they can get behind one candidate then its game over for Sanders.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Don't be farcical. He's the clear runner up to Sanders as it stands. If he is runner up to Sanders in South Carolina then I'd make him odds on favourite for the nomination as the moderates will swing behind him.

4% in a poll means nothing too. Bloomberg has just gone from 7% to 22% in a week. Buttigieg could easily be over 20% in a few weeks.
    Rubbish, if Sanders wins South Carolina it is all over bar the shouting, Sanders is nominee.

Buttigieg needed to win New Hampshire tonight to sustain his momentum, he has lost.
    https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1227276033184935936?s=20
  • Options
    30.6%:

Bernie Sanders 26,429 27.46%
    Pete Buttigieg 21,776 22.62%
    Amy Klobuchar 18,983 19.72%

I would suggest that shares are unlikely to move much from here. Sanders by five points from Buttigieg, who's three points clear of Klobuchar. 10:8:6 on the delegate count.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Utter rubbish, if Sanders wins South Carolina it is all over bar the shouting, Sanders is nominee
    You seem to think it's winner takes all with delegates, it's not.
  • Options
    31.3%:

Bernie Sanders 26,524 27.47%
    Pete Buttigieg 21,826 22.60%
    Amy Klobuchar 18,983 19.66%
  • Options
    32.7%:

Bernie Sanders 27,155 27.50%
    Pete Buttigieg 22,184 22.47%
    Amy Klobuchar 19,292 19.54%
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...

And what are they going to do?
    Give it to the candidate who got less delegates or even none?

Some political realism is necessary.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Rubbish, if Sanders wins South Carolina it is all over bar the shouting, Sanders is nominee.

Buttigieg needed to win New Hampshire tonight to sustain his momentum, he has lost.
    Sanders getting a load of 27% doesn't give him a majority, you do realise that don't you?

Especially as the minnows drop out and don't go to him.
  • Options
    33.0%:

Bernie Sanders 27,734 27.31%
    Pete Buttigieg 23,112 22.75%
    Amy Klobuchar 19,964 19.66%
  • Options
    Yglesias point supporting HYUFD's point of view against mine/@rcs1000's:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1227403762727346176
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...

I don't think Sanders is the nominee unless he's the clear delegate leader. 35-38% of delegates is not enough.

If he were a member of the Democratic Party, it might be a bit different.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sanders getting a load of 27% doesn't give him a majority, you do realise that don't you?

Biden votes will go to him as EdinTokyo has shown
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...

If down the track the third placed candidate pulls out and backs the second placed candidate then yes that is exactly what they could do. A deal for eg a Buttigieg/Klobuchar ticket could easily see them leapfrog Sanders in delegates.
  • Options

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1227403762727346176

Sanders plus Warren plus most of Biden votes = comfortably over 50% = Sanders the 2020 Democratic nominee
  • Options
    34% in:

Bernie Sanders 28,646 27.64%
    Pete Buttigieg 23,360 22.54%
    Amy Klobuchar 20,361 19.65%
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited February 2020

I know there's people here invested in bigging-up anyone but Sanders, but there's a reason the pundits realise the current setup is likely to lead to a Bernie nom.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Nothing's been shown. You still don't understand that polls are not oracles. I hope you learn that one day.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Yet the drop in Biden's support that happened post Iowa didn't go mainly to Sanders.

But we will see.
  • Options
    35% in:

Bernie Sanders 29,271 27.47%
    Pete Buttigieg 24,366 22.86%
    Amy Klobuchar 20,914 19.62%
  • Options
    Biden currently just at 8.4%
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Yet the drop in Biden's support that happened post Iowa didn't go mainly to Sanders.

But we will see.
    Precisely its name recognition. People went with Biden because they recognise the name, and Sanders was second most recognisable name.

Real voters aren't doing that though.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

28% of Biden votes, not exactly an overwhelming percentage, and it likely means that vastly more of Biden's votes will go to moderates over Sanders.
  • Options
    35.7%:

Bernie Sanders 29,583 27.45%
    Pete Buttigieg 24,442 22.68%
    Amy Klobuchar 21,230 19.70%
  • Options
    I really don't watch TED talks. But his is going to be awesome. Pretty much what his entire campaign was leading up to.

I guess the whole strategy of publicly writing off a key state doesn't work. Does anyone in his campaign actually think SC needs to see more of Biden? He's not good at retail politics and if anything, his actual presence there won't help.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

speedy2 said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...

I don't think Sanders is the nominee unless he's the clear delegate leader. 35-38% of delegates is not enough.

Again some political realism is needed.

Since Sanders and the Democrats think that he is a Democrat and he votes with Democrats and Caucuses with Senate Democrats, in all practical purposes he is a Democrat.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

Yes, I know there's people here invested in bigging up anyone but Sanders, but there's a reason the pundits realise the current setup is likely to lead to a Bernie nom.
    Until the next heart attack...
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    Still no projection!
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

28% of Biden votes, not exactly an overwhelming percentage, and it likely means that vastly more of Biden's votes will go to moderates over Sanders.
    Which one?

There are 5 of them.
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

Say you're Buttigieg and Klobuchar and you come out of Super Tuesday with numbers like we just saw in NH. [*]

You get together and say, "We disagree on who is best to lead the ticket, but we agree on the general way forward. We also think Bernie's plans for X, Y and Z are bad ideas. We have agreed that if we reach 50% of delegates between us, whichever has the fewer delegates will support the other."

Now you've turned the rest of the primary into Moderate Ticket vs Bernie. After each race the media will sum the delegates for Moderate Ticket. There will be no problem claiming legitimacy for Moderate Ticket, it'll have won lots of races.

What's more, if it looks like Moderate Ticket is winning, what's the point in voting for Bernie when you can pick your favourite candidate on Moderate Ticket and actually help decide who gets to be president?

[*] Not that I think this will happen - I think they'll consolidate, most likely in Mayor Pete's favour.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    rcs1000 said:

speedy2 said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.

And yet...

rcs, you live in America: you should know better. There is no such thing as a “member” of an American political party!
  • Options
    If we get to a convention at:

Sanders: 38%
    Klob: 33%
    Buttigeg: 29%

Surely in this scenario Buttigeg endorses Klob and Sanders misses out, even in a 40/30/30 case one of the electables comes through.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    Klob has suddenly jumped!
  • Options

I really don't watch TED talks. But his is going to be awesome. Pretty much what his entire campaign was leading up to.

I guess the whole strategy of publicly writing off a key state doesn't work. Does anyone in his campaign actually think SC needs to see more of Biden? He's not good at retail politics and if anything, his actual presence there won't help.
    His Debate performances where a TED talk.
  • Options

speedy2 said:

Say you're Buttigieg and Klobuchar and you come out of Super Tuesday with numbers like we just saw in NH. [*]

You get together and say, "We disagree on who is best to lead the ticket, but we agree on the general way forward. We also think Bernie's plans for X, Y and Z are bad ideas. We have agreed that if we reach 50% of delegates between us, whichever has the fewer delegates will support the other."

Now you've turned the rest of the primary into Moderate Ticket vs Bernie. After each race the media will sum the delegates for Moderate Ticket. There will be no problem claiming legitimacy for Moderate Ticket, it'll have won lots of races.

What's more, if it looks like Moderate Ticket is winning, what's the point in voting for Bernie when you can pick your favourite candidate on Moderate Ticket and actually help decide who gets to be president?

[*] Not that I think this will happen - I think they'll consolidate, most likely in Mayor Pete's favour.
    That's a good plan. But she also absolutely despises him.
  • Options
    Big surge for Klobuchar at 39.7%:

Bernie Sanders 31,899 26.67%
    Pete Buttigieg 26,706 22.33%
    Amy Klobuchar 25,671 21.47%
  • Options
    justin124 said:

Looks like all from one county, and almost entirely to the dis-benefit of Sanders, i'll bet that's a data entry error.
  • Options

speedy2 said:

Ted Cruz tried to do that.

A losers ticket is not going to work.
  • Options
    Is NYT sleep deprived, or are Biden/Warren doing well enough to win a delegate in one of the districts? It currently has 9/8/5/1/1 for Sanders/But/Klob/War/Biden.
  • Options
    41.4%:

Bernie Sanders 31,964 26.61%
    Pete Buttigieg 26,919 22.41%
    Amy Klobuchar 25,746 21.44%
  • Options
    41.8%:

Bernie Sanders 32,542 26.64%
    Pete Buttigieg 27,350 22.39%
    Amy Klobuchar 26,163 21.41%
  • Options

justin124 said:

Looks like all from one county, and almost entirely to the dis-benefit of Sanders, i'll bet that's a data entry error.
    Yep, just corrected.
  • Options
    It's Kobuchar's night. But these really aren't great numbers for Sanders. He's lost more than half his votes from 2016, and the entire "Left" lane of the Democratic primary is stuck under 40%.
  • Options
    There must have been a fat fingered error to send Klobuchar flying. At 42.4% it's:

Bernie Sanders 33,288 27.20%
    Pete Buttigieg 28,242 23.08%
    Amy Klobuchar 23,882 19.52%
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

But we will see.
    Sanders is going to win tonight
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

There must have been a fat fingered error to send Klobuchar flying. At 42.4% it's:

Bernie Sanders 33,288 27.20%
    Pete Buttigieg 28,242 23.08%
    Amy Klobuchar 23,882 19.52%

Yes, she's just lost 3,000 votes.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

But we will see.
    Precisely its name recognition. People went with Biden because they recognise the name, and Sanders was second most recognisable name.

Real voters aren't doing that though.
    No, more white blue collar voters who went for Biden think Sanders best represents their interests and values after him
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

But we will see.
    In a winner takes all state he would. He's coming out of this with a minority of delegates. He really needs to start hitting 40%+ of delegates to stand a chance.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    Betfair: Sanders 1.03

NYT: Sanders 58% chance of winning

?????
  • Options
    44.1%:

Bernie Sanders 34,250 27.19%
    Pete Buttigieg 29,012 23.03%
    Amy Klobuchar 24,747 19.65%

• Options
    MikeL said:

?????

NYT is on crack. It's a 98-99% chance of Sanders winning.
  • Options
    44.8%:

Bernie Sanders 34,277 27.16%
    Pete Buttigieg 29,026 23.00%
    Amy Klobuchar 24,754 19.61%
  • Options
    Ha, the media won't call it for Sanders even at 100% reporting. They despise him.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

But we will see.
    In a winner takes all state he would. He's coming out of this with a minority of delegates. He really needs to start hitting 40%+ of delegates to stand a chance.
    With a 74% favourable rating from Democrats with Morning Consult Sanders will hit that soon enough too
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    MikeL said:

?????

Nate Cohn saying that some of the places left to report aren't very Sanders friendly. Hard to see him not winning it though.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1227399763508842496

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1227408966340227073
  • Options
    45.5%:

Bernie Sanders 36,550 27.58%
    Pete Buttigieg 30,032 22.66%
    Amy Klobuchar 25,389 19.16%
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Ha, the media won't call it for Sanders even at 100% reporting. They despise him.

There is a chance that's true.
    They did the same for Trump in 2016.
  • Options
    It is worth remembering, of course, that Buttigieg may end up with the same number of delegates from NH as Sanders.
  • Options
    There's now a bigger gap between Buttigieg and Klobuchar, than Buttigieg and Sanders, so I don't think Ms Klobuchar will be taking second place.
  • Options
    47.1%:

Bernie Sanders 37,343 26.75%
    Pete Buttigieg 32,164 23.04%
    Amy Klobuchar 26,648 19.09%
  • Options
    47.9%:

Bernie Sanders 37,890 26.74%
    Pete Buttigieg 32,975 23.27%
    Amy Klobuchar 26,852 18.95%
  • Options
    48.2%:

Bernie Sanders 38,158 26.84%
    Pete Buttigieg 32,975 23.20%
    Amy Klobuchar 26,852 18.89%
  • Options
    48.5%:

Bernie Sanders 39,655 26.87%
    Pete Buttigieg 34,414 23.32%
    Amy Klobuchar 27,776 18.82%
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited February 2020
    rcs1000 said:

48.5%:

That's getting quite tight now, 3.5%.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

twitter.com/CNN/status/1227407755994173445?s=20

Who....
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,760

HYUFD said:

twitter.com/CNN/status/1227407755994173445?s=20

Who....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bennet_2020_presidential_campaign
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    edited February 2020
    rcs1000 said:

48.5%:

Sir, I admire your commitment to the cause.

Sanders barely clearing a quarter of the votes, in his own backyard, with Warren in freefall, the moderate vote still split bit starting to consolidate, and Bloomberg still to come in.

This is not good news for Sanders. It's really hard to see why he's such a strong favourite for the nomination.
  • Options
    NYT saying that Buttigeg and Sanders have about the same number of votes left, and gives Sanders a 52% chance of winning, with 1.7% lead. They must be smoking some fun stuff.
  • Options
    New thread
This discussion has been closed.