Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The big unknown – the large number of polling respondents s

SystemSystem Posts: 11,020
edited April 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The big unknown – the large number of polling respondents saying they don’t know

politicalbetting.com is proudly powered by WordPress
with "Neat!" theme. Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS).

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    Is the "ICM men" bar supposed to be red?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,277
    This is what pollsters call a get out of jail free card or getting your excuses in early. ICM seem particularly well covered.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,979
    Comparison with 2010 at this point?
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    edited April 2015
    What on earth is going on here? Why the extraordinary spread between (at its most extreme) Ashcroft and ICM (especially if Ashcroft is ICM?)
  • Options
    I see Andrew Marr had to apologise on his show yesterday for misquoting Cameron on his love of fox hunting. Tories getting edgy over DC looking out of touch with Joe Public for wanting to repeal the Hunting Act?...particularly as most hunts are ignoring the law and hunting live quarry regardless.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725

I see Andrew Marr had to apologise on his show yesterday for misquoting Cameron on his love of fox hunting. Tories getting edgy over DC looking out of touch with Joe Public for wanting to repeal the Hunting Act?...particularly as most hunts are ignoring the law and hunting live quarry regardless.

I'm sure the Tories do get edgy about him looking out of touch - it is a longstanding concern that he looks to be so - but what that has to do with Cameron getting riled about a misquote and Marr subsequently acknowledging it was a misquote, I don't know.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,277
    edited April 2015
    Interesting that there is such a gender split. IIRC ICM had the Tories 10% ahead amongst women (Tim would have been spinning if he was still here). If the don't knows split on that kind of ratio anything could happen. What an amazing election this is.

Edit, actually I think I am getting mixed up with the Ashcroft poll.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

No, just excited by the sighting of a (rather obvious) astroturfer
  • Options
    kle4 said:

I'm sure the Tories do get edgy about him looking out of touch - it is a longstanding concern that he looks to be so - but what that has to do with Cameron getting riled about a misquote and Marr subsequently acknowledging it was a misquote, I don't know.
    I've tried to find out the views of the three or four Tory candidates in and around here about repealing the Hunting act and I can't get an answer from any of them...that includes one who's kids are in the same class as my own children
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926
    Charles said:

Have you heard the buzz in Mid Dorset though ?
  • Options
    ITT:

Women can't make up their mind.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

kle4 said:

I've tried to find out the views of the three or four Tory candidates in and around here about repealing the Hunting act and I can't get an answer from any of them...that includes one who's kids are in the same class as my own children
    How about trying to get a life?
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

No - Tories getting annoyed with blatant BBC bias towards labour.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    edited April 2015
    weejonnie said:

The Countryside Alliance weren't exactly over the moon about Marrs 'misquote' of an article that they published.

That's the more likely reason for his apology, and rightly so.

Broadcasters can't simply make stuff up, and expect to get away with it.
  • Options
    EICIPMEICIPM Posts: 55
    Pulpstar said:

Charles said:

#MidDorsetBuzz
  • Options
    felix said:

kle4 said:

Believe me...if you lived in rural Dorset you would know that Hunting is as big an issue here as the economy!
  • Options
    ItwasriggedItwasrigged Posts: 154
    I better get ready to dive for cover. I find women know exactly what they are going to do and I am 100% certain of it when my lady turns to me and asks "What do you think?". She is merely looking for confirmation about what she has already made up her mind to do.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Pulpstar said:

ITT:

The evidence is out there!

My favourite "Top Tip" from Viz:

"Gentlemen, get your revenge on your ladyfriends by taking them around every pub in town, then going back to buy a pint in the one you started in"

• Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    Pulpstar said:

Though he is up to 48. I'm regarding it as a minimum.

Con gain BRS looks a touch dubious to me. I suspect the SNP will nab it.

The SNP are creating the (for the UK) new phenomenon of Inverse Swingback (if Reverse Swingback is Swingback followed by a reversal, Inverse Swingback is going the opposite way from the get go).
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Dair said:

Ishmael_X said:

Dair said:

AndyJS said:

Nigel Farage talking his usual nonsense about wind farms:

http://news.sky.com/story/1472432/wind-giving-power-to-thanets-purple-vote

Wind power NIMBYs are one of the few things that gets me genuinely angry. The utter stupidity from them goes beyond nonsense.
    NIMBY is a loaded expression - it isn't unreasonable for people to care particularly about the environment where they personally live (because if they don't who else is going to?) And wind farms are blighting inter alia the whole of Highland Scotland and the whole of Cornwall, so the concern is not merely parochial.

Personally I don't think they look too bad; they don't infuriate me like solar panel farms on good agricultural land do.
    Personally I find Wind Farms beautiful. The real blight on the landscape of the Highlands is the enormous acreage of non-native conifers that London governments required to be planted across Scotland.
    Whereas the windfarms came from the Archangel Gabriel.
    My understanding is that Scots Pine is a conifer and as its name implies is native to Scotland, possibly even the Highlands.
    It's mainly Sitka spruce, from North America. http://tinyurl.com/ptubkah
    Interesting numbers, shows how Scotland has been viewed as the area which can be destroyed for "national requirements" while England remains untouched by the (outdated) Forestry Commission needs for WW1 (which it is still based on).

Only think England grows more of is Christmas Trees.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

felix said:

kle4 said:

Believe me...if you lived in rural Dorset you would know that Hunting is as big an issue here as the economy!
    In the heart of former foxhunting territory here in Leics I have heard no one mention it. Mind you they may not want to tell me. I am a fox after all!
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Lab majority hit 70 today on Betfair, longest ever. In a touch to 65 now...
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989
    In my canvassing experience, most "undecideds" don't vote.

A few undecideds are genuinely uncertain and are weighing up the pros and cons.
    A few, mainly women, are politely telling you to mind your own business.
    Others, mainly men, simply refuse to answer and are marked as "Antis"

But most of them couldn't give a toss. They are not interested in politics, they don't know and they don't care and they certainly won't bother to vote. "I don't know". "I haven't really decided."

I don't think there is a big pool of undecideds to be tapped. Perhaps a few on the margin will make the difference in a close contest.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

ITT:

There's only so many hours in the day....

(c) PatronizingBetterTogetherWoman
  • Options

felix said:

kle4 said:

If Hunting was as big an issue as the economy ANYWHERE then there would be a Pro-Hunting party with a couple of seats at Westminster. There isn't. No-one cares.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    I read that one million fewer women voted than men last time.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,298
    Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

which is an apposite time to re-post FPT (from phantom thread):

Back to the SNP:

Eddie Mair - you go girlfriend.

What was he on? He usually irritates me with his borderline smug git mode.

Had Nicola just p*****d on his ch**s?
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,006
    Does anyone think there is a significant difference in real life? If not - what does that tell us about polling?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

I don't understand the context. I looked at his twitter and didn't see this comment.
  • Options

felix said:

kle4 said:

In the heart of former foxhunting territory here in Leics I have heard no one mention it. Mind you they may not want to tell me. I am a fox after all!
    Otis Ferry and his Vote OK organisation have been helping out Tory candidates around the country including Angie Bray in Ealing Central and Ben Howlett in Bath.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/foxhunting-lobbyists-fronted-by-otis-ferry-target-backing-of-tory-candidates-in-stealth-campaign-10102041.html
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,150
    Most elections are decided by the undecided.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

The evidence is out there!

My favourite "Top Tip" from Viz:

"Gentlemen, get your revenge on your ladyfriends by taking them around every pub in town, then going back to buy a pint in the one you started in"

There is a very lively Twop Twips Twitter account running.
    Canvassing politicians.Get a warmer welcome from homeowners, by carrying a Betterware™ catalogue with you.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    OT - Far more interesting than mixed up women are:

Internet v Phone polls; Polls checking for registered voters; regional variations; age profile of party support; certainty to vote; ... the list goes on....
  • Options
    Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

I don't understand the context. I looked at his twitter and didn't see this comment.
    On PM this afternoon
  • Options
    Tim Bell on WATO R4 BBC said today that undecideds break 2 to 1 for the incumbent party. Any evidence to back that up?
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, when canvassing, do parties have a general rule when it is too late to be knocking on peoples' doors? A lot of people will only be available post 5-6pm, but I can easily imagine people being more irritated if they think its too late to be bothered.
  • Options

felix said:

kle4 said:

Otis Ferry and his Vote OK organisation have been helping out Tory candidates around the country including Angie Bray in Ealing Central and Ben Howlett in Bath.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/foxhunting-lobbyists-fronted-by-otis-ferry-target-backing-of-tory-candidates-in-stealth-campaign-10102041.html
    Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.
    Yes to desecrating memorials to our war dead.

Nice.
  • Options
    Flightpath1Flightpath1 Posts: 207
    Dair said:

Ishmael_X said:

Dair said:

Ishmael_X said:

Dair said:

AndyJS said:

Wind power NIMBYs are one of the few things that gets me genuinely angry. The utter stupidity from them goes beyond nonsense.
    NIMBY is a loaded expression - it isn't unreasonable for people to care particularly about the environment where they personally live (because if they don't who else is going to?) And wind farms are blighting inter alia the whole of Highland Scotland and the whole of Cornwall, so the concern is not merely parochial.

Personally I don't think they look too bad; they don't infuriate me like solar panel farms on good agricultural land do.
    Personally I find Wind Farms beautiful. The real blight on the landscape of the Highlands is the enormous acreage of non-native conifers that London governments required to be planted across Scotland.
    Whereas the windfarms came from the Archangel Gabriel.
    My understanding is that Scots Pine is a conifer and as its name implies is native to Scotland, possibly even the Highlands.
    It's mainly Sitka spruce, from North America. http://tinyurl.com/ptubkah
    Interesting numbers, shows how Scotland has been viewed as the area which can be destroyed for "national requirements" while England remains untouched by the (outdated) Forestry Commission needs for WW1 (which it is still based on).

Only think England grows more of is Christmas Trees.
    You poor souls - always being picked on bwah bwah bwah... No chance of blaming the Scotsman who introduced spruce trees I suppose?.
    If the Green Party had its way and spread a virus that destroyed all human life, England would be covered in oak and Scotland in conifers.

Agriculture, forestry and fisheries are devolved matters and its Scottish policy to expand forests to 25% of Scotland's land area.
    Nothing to do with 'London'. Although of course as it stands all Scottish MPs can vote on English agriculture matters.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    edited April 2015
    ComRes did a poll on the undecided last week

http://www.comres.co.uk/polls/good-morning-britain-undecided-voters-poll-2/

They broke pretty similarly between Con and Lab.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,150

Tim Bell on WATO R4 BBC said today that undecideds break 2 to 1 for the incumbent party. Any evidence to back that up?

No evidence, but I think that the truly undecided, like Buridan's asses, will not vote. It's the "won't tells" who may split in the manner Tim Bell suggests.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    kle4 said:

Out of curiosity, when canvassing, do parties have a general rule when it is too late to be knocking on peoples' doors? A lot of people will only be available post 5-6pm, but I can easily imagine people being more irritated if they think its too late to be bothered.

5:30 to about 7pm is peak time to get people, but when we have early nights probably 6:15 latest. In some areas people will not answer the door after 7pm.
  • Options
    Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

What, and when?
  • Options
    Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    I absolutely agree with you...the worst thing Brian Ferry ever produced!

• Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

weejonnie said:

The Countryside Alliance weren't exactly over the moon about Marrs 'misquote' of an article that they published.

That's the more likely reason for his apology, and rightly so.

Broadcasters can't simply make stuff up, and expect to get away with it.
    You mean like this comment from the controller of BBC2

"“We made a flawed but very interesting documentary called Meet the Ukippers which had some moments in it which just made your jaw drop.”"

I don't recollect having seen any apologies about the 'flaws'.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon
    Car Crash for Eddie Mair. He sounds desperate to pick holes that don't exist. Although given his background in SLAB that's not surprising.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,417
    Dair said:

Dair said:

Ishmael_X said:

Dair said:

AndyJS said:

You find them beautiful because you connote them with lovely clean free power; with a bright greener future. I find them ugly because I see them as oppressive fascistic symbols of a tokenistic green racket that is just another way of moving money and power from the poor to the rich. Were you to research the issue properly, you'd cease to see them in the way you do now.
    I find them beautiful because they are - fantastic modern engineering, reaching to the skies with sleek versimilitude that it is possible to live well in your environment while enjoying the technology that makes life good.

Many people visit Holland to enjoy the looking at the windmills.
    This would rather seem to prove my point. You couldn't even manage a sentence justifying them aesthetically in objective terms without veering off into your (very naive) perceptions of what they represent.

Objectively, they are simply vast metal constructions that are extremely at odds with their surroundings. Like the NATO Golf ball radar stations, or the belching cooling towers at Didcot, how you feel towards them entirely depends on your point of view. However, those are isolated in one spot. Wind farms are everywhere.
  • Options

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

What, and when?
    I think Dair is getting confused with Charlie Gilmour's antics on the Cenotaph.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Charles said:

Tomlinson?
  • Options
    Hertsmere_PubgoerHertsmere_Pubgoer Posts: 3,476
    edited April 2015

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

What, and when?
    Was it when he was swinging from the flag at the cenotaph during a lefty protest a few years ago and claimed afterwards he didn't know what the cenotaph was?
    EDIT: I see someone has got there first, and I made the same mistake too

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,927

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

What, and when?
    I only thank the Lord the people he confused were white otherwise we would have had a fully fledged racist on board
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

What, and when?
    The adopted son of the Socialist, Dave Gilmour? That's what I thought too. Muppet.
  • Options

In Scotland, that's the SNP. 60% on May 7th?
  • Options
    At the beginning of the campaign I said the SNP would be a huge issue and it is now right in the centre with almost every report referring to it in some way or other. It must have an effect on polling south of the border to the detriment of labour
  • Options

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

What, and when?
    Otis Ferry was one of the guys who broke in to the Commons chamber when the Hunting Bill was going through
  • Options
    Dair said:

Doubt it - am wondering about Carmichael though. Do Orkney and Shetlanders regard themselves as Scottish and is Carmichael regarded as a Liberal ?
  • Options
    Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon
    Car Crash for Eddie Mair. He sounds desperate to pick holes that don't exist. Although given his background in SLAB that's not surprising.
    Can you please elaborate on "his background in SLAB".
  • Options
    Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    Are you referring to Charlie Gilmour rather than Otis Ferry?
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    kle4 said:

Back when I was a LibDem activist in the 90s we'd usually knock off at 8pm, or earlier if it was getting dark. Some reckoned that 7 - 7.30 was a better time to stop depending on which soaps were on.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Nate Silver- he is exactly what I imagined him. I don't think the real him could have been a more perfect fit to what I had in my head.
  • Options

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.

Singing "Let's Stick Together" seems worse to me.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    My favourite song by a Scottish artist is "Letter From America" by Simple Minds
  • Options
    Dair said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.

Singing "Let's Stick Together" seems worse to me.
    Can understand you not being a fan.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Nate Silver- he is exactly what I imagined him. I don't think the real him could have been a more perfect fit to what I had in my head.

Has he predicted that it'll be very close, but he expects the Conservatives to have a seat lead ?
  • Options
    Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon
    were the points he made inaccurate?
  • Options
    Bournemouth 3 - Bolton 0 - Bournemouth to join Southampton in the Premiership - wonderful to see the success of smaller clubs - and no I don't support them having been born within a few miles of Old Trafford
  • Options

Dair said:

Dair said:

Ishmael_X said:

Dair said:

AndyJS said:

You find them beautiful because you connote them with lovely clean free power; with a bright greener future. I find them ugly because I see them as oppressive fascistic symbols of a tokenistic green racket that is just another way of moving money and power from the poor to the rich. Were you to research the issue properly, you'd cease to see them in the way you do now.
    I find them beautiful because they are - fantastic modern engineering, reaching to the skies with sleek versimilitude that it is possible to live well in your environment while enjoying the technology that makes life good.

Many people visit Holland to enjoy the looking at the windmills.
    This would rather seem to prove my point. You couldn't even manage a sentence justifying them aesthetically in objective terms without veering off into your (very naive) perceptions of what they represent.

Objectively, they are simply vast metal constructions that are extremely at odds with their surroundings. Like the NATO Golf ball radar stations, or the belching cooling towers at Didcot, how you feel towards them entirely depends on your point of view. However, those are isolated in one spot. Wind farms are everywhere.
    When I was a child heading to the beaches of fife, I always loved the sight of the Fife Radar Golf Ball.

As for vast metal constructions, I would ask you to consider The Kelpies

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/04/kelpies-timelapse-watch-the-construction-of-andy-scotts-30-ft-steel-equine-statues/
  • Options

kle4 said:

There aren't "three or four Tory candidates in and around here" anywhere; one per constituency is the rule. Furthermore, school classes are generally one class to one year: the odds on you and the tory candidate both having either twins or children born within a year of each other so that you each have more than one child in any given class are very, very long. You seem to be a troll.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    isam said:

Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    Idlewild, remote part.
  • Options

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

What, and when?
    You're right, my mistake. Apologies to Otis Ferry for accusations of Cenotaph desecration. Seems he was far keener on robbery for which he served a prison sentence "much easier than private school" he says.
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,010
    edited April 2015
    TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon
    He spent a long time going on about the SNP's record on the Scottish NHS (and Nicola's as Health Secretary). Which I thought was strange as the Scottish NHS isn't really an issue in this election as the UK Government and Parliament have no authority over it, and it is surely for the Scottish people to judge at the next Holyrood election.

... I then got home from work so not sure how the discussion continued.
  • Options

Bournemouth 3 - Bolton 0 - Bournemouth to join Southampton in the Premiership - wonderful to see the success of smaller clubs - and no I don't support them having been born within a few miles of Old Trafford

well done you Cherries!..seems an age since I watched them at Dean Court with Ted MacDougal and Phil Boyer all those years ago
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Pong said:

Idlewild, remote part.

Hipsway, Tinder
  • Options
    isam said:

Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    There's a few by a Mr Derek Dick aka Fish, Script for A Jester's Tear onwards.

• Options
    UK Election Game

The game is now out, entries close 7pm next Wed:

http://www.electiongame.co.uk/uk15/

Predict overall result, new govt (optional), individual seats.

Also available with same closing deadline is Poland Presidential:

http://www.electiongame.co.uk/poland15/

Many thanks,

DC

• Options

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon
    He spent a long time going on about the SNP's record on the Scottish NHS (and Nicola's as Health Secretary). Which I thought was strange as the Scottish NHS isn't really an issue in this election as the UK Government and Parliament have no authority over it, and it is surely for the Scottish people to judge at the next Holyrood election.

It was her record they were discussing weren't they? She is about to be thrust upon rUK and I think it is entirely reasonable that we should learn a little more about her.

And even if it was irrelevant, was it inaccurate?
  • Options
    Dair said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

What, and when?
    You're right, my mistake. Apologies to Otis Ferry for accusations of Cenotaph desecration. Seems he was far keener on robbery for which he served a prison sentence "much easier than private school" he says.
    Except he only spent time in prison on remand.

The Crown accepted Ferry's pleas of not guilty to robbery and common assault charges. He admitted a public order offence and was given a one-year conditional discharge for causing "fear, stress and upset" to a hunt monitor.
  • Options
    isam said:

Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    Proclaimers.

Or perhaps that is your point.
  • Options
    Flightpath1Flightpath1 Posts: 207

felix said:

kle4 said:

Its a reet proper bugger this freedom of speech innit? Not that it stopped the law locking Ferry up in jail for 4 months and then withdrawing the charges. Its easy to rubbish the CPS and the police when they are just shafting some poor journalist eh?

Did someone say on an earlier post that Ferry defaced a war memorial? Which one? I know he invaded parliament.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    isam said:

Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    I think you'll find it was the Proclaimers
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

kle4 said:

There aren't "three or four Tory candidates in and around here" anywhere; one per constituency is the rule. Furthermore, school classes are generally one class to one year: the odds on you and the tory candidate both having either twins or children born within a year of each other so that you each have more than one child in any given class are very, very long. You seem to be a troll.
    Get you facts right Ishmael...I have twins in the same class as the Tory candidate for North Dorset. I have asked the Tories standing in North Dorset. Mid Dorset / Poole North, West Dorset and Poole...OK?
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

kle4 said:

I make no judgement on that, but I would say that school classes going across years, while not the norm, is not exactly that uncommon either. I've seen extreme examples with a class in a small school going across three years! (it was 3-4 from the lowest year, the bulk from the middle, and 1-2 from the highest year)
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon

It was her record they were discussing weren't they? She is about to be thrust upon rUK and I think it is entirely reasonable that we should learn a little more about her.

Not sure. He was picking spot statistics and she was countering with others and claiming the direction of travel was good, ie they found it in a mess and improved it.

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

Dair said:

Doubt it - am wondering about Carmichael though. Do Orkney and Shetlanders regard themselves as Scottish and is Carmichael regarded as a Liberal ?
    Yes they see themselves as Scottish. But also as Norse. It's a joint identity. But the independence movement there is as weak as Wales and there is no Norse unification movement. It's more Cumbria or at best (for this Unionist nonsense of Orkney and Zetland being exclaves) Cornwall.

Most Orcadians and Zetlanders are Scottish.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

isam said:

Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    There's a few by a Mr Derek Dick aka Fish, Script for A Jester's Tear onwards.

If Rod Stewart is classed as Scottish then Mandolin Wind wins hands down.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Congratulations Bournemouth. Eddie Howe 33-1 to be England manager in future.
  • Options

felix said:

kle4 said:

Its a reet proper bugger this freedom of speech innit? Not that it stopped the law locking Ferry up in jail for 4 months and then withdrawing the charges. Its easy to rubbish the CPS and the police when they are just shafting some poor journalist eh?

Did someone say on an earlier post that Ferry defaced a war memorial? Which one? I know he invaded parliament.
    Dair confused Ferry with Charlie, the adopted son of the Socialist musician, David Gilmour.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Dair said:
    I need to see the Kelpies soon. I've no objection to man imposing his vision on the landscape on occasion. But not carpeting beautiful countryside with useless white elephants that damage the natural habitats they're placed in.

I wonder if you'll like them so much when the subsidies stop and they become turbine elephant graveyards as in Hawaii and California: http://www.friendsofgranderondevalley.com/Komoa wind 6-7-11 706 480x.JPG
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ishmael_X said:

isam said:

Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    Proclaimers.

Oh well they're all Scottish I'll just lump them in together ;)

"Stay until your love is, love is... a letter from America!!!"

and my favourite song by a black man is "Sexual Healing" by Bob Marley
  • Options

Congratulations Bournemouth. Eddie Howe 33-1 to be England manager in future.

Man is a genius, should be 3/1
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,706
    Pulpstar said:

Dair said:

I'd say almost sui generis. Orcadians and Shetlanders each call the biggest island the mainland, and Bergen is IIRC the nearest big international airport to Lerwick. Also linguistically distinct from the Gaelic Highlands/'Saxon' Lowlands. But nobody should thik that they are parochial at all - they were often very widely (globally) travelled even in the old days, as the old graveyard near Stromness shows, with strong links also to Aberdeen (uni and all that). Also a lot of oil industry incomers.

Very strong LD tradition anyway, as another Pber pointed out - all but 15 years of the last century LD IIRC.

However as was also noted Mr C has potentially badly blotted his copybook by being part of the Coalition which has made life a lot more difficult for oil well before indyref. And the refusal to let Scottish fisheries ministers leadin the latest EU negotiations will not help.

Beyond that I'd keep an open mind. I have found most press reports either to have an axe to grind or to be far too superficial. I would not be surprised if he survived.

• Options

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon
    Can you please elaborate on "his background in SLAB".
    As I understand it he was a Labour Student at Uni.
  • Options
    isam said:

Ishmael_X said:

isam said:

Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    Proclaimers.

Oh well they're all Scottish I'll just lump them in together ;)

"Stay until your love is, love is... a letter from America!!!"

and my favourite song by a black man is "Sexual Healing" by Bob Marley
    Think you mean Marvin Gaye?
  • Options
    No steer this evening from your main man at SunPolitics, so no surprises likely in their soon to be announced YouGov poll.

Which reminds me, we should presumably see Stephen Fisher's latest forecast tomorrow morning.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon

Not sure. He was picking spot statistics and she was countering with others and claiming the direction of travel was good, ie they found it in a mess and improved it.

It was a new and (for me) welcome face of Eddie. Dair thinks it is part of some SLAB conspiracy.

I thought it was good journalism - proceeding from Paxo's "why is this lying b*****d lying to me" premise to unnerve the interviewee such that they stop lying.

Amidst the Sturgasm, I thought it was most called for. And as I say, not inaccurate.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860
    Nate’s final numbers: Cons 283, Labour 270, UKIP 1!! #Panorama

EICIPM
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,964

No steer this evening from your main man at SunPolitics, so no surprises likely in their soon to be announced YouGov poll.

Which reminds me, we should presumably see Stephen Fisher's latest forecast tomorrow morning.

THey are trolling us and it is actually CON+6................ :D
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285

One day he might throw a curve ball in and not say anything when there is a bombastic poll :-)

But I doubt it some how.
  • Options
    isam said:

Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    You mean by The Proclaimers.

Should watch Sunshine on Leith - fantastic film. Utterly brilliant.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285

Nate’s final numbers: Cons 283, Labour 270, UKIP 1!! #Panorama

EICIPM

On those numbers, it will be same time, same place, in 3 months everybody....
This discussion has been closed.