Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The 150/1 outsider for the Democratic Party nomination

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited August 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The 150/1 outsider for the Democratic Party nomination

You can see how Hillary Clinton’s issue with her private emails turns very messy and denies her the nomination, Joe Biden’s age is becoming a barrier to him getting the nomination, so much so, that’s he reportedly considering standing for only one term to calm those concerns about his age.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,730
    Well - interesting thought TSE. But he's nearly as old as Clinton, and I can only think of one defeated candidate who ran again since WWII (Dewey had two goes, 1944 and 1948) - Nixon in 1968, who was younger than Gore and came back more quickly.

If the Democratic Party does break down and squabble, my guess is the membership will go for somebody totally unexpected. Unhelpfully, I'm afraid I have no ideas to suggest as to who it might be.
  • SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited August 2015
    No.
    If Al Gore didn't have the guts to run in 2004 or 2008 he won't run for anything else ever again.

For comparisons, Nixon had a gap of only 6 years between his gubernational race in 1962 and him running again as the savior of America from the madness of the 60's in 1968.
    Al Gore hasn't run for anything for 16 years, no person under the age of 30 remembers him and those who do have vague memories now.
  • RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    ydoethur said:

Well - interesting thought TSE. But he's nearly as old as Clinton, and I can only think of one defeated candidate who ran again since WWII (Dewey had two goes, 1944 and 1948) - Nixon in 1968, who was younger than Gore and came back more quickly.

If the Democratic Party does break down and squabble, my guess is the membership will go for somebody totally unexpected. Unhelpfully, I'm afraid I have no ideas to suggest as to who it might be.

Stevenson 1952 and 1956.
  • PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    FPT @Speedy said
    "History will be kind to him"

Said many about unpopular leaders through history.

Not necessary or true, but it's a comfort word. When people have a negative opinion, hiding behind the hope of history books is the last refuge.
    Another :lol:

I'm still in shock over Gordon's speech. I've seen bad ones - but that was a shocker.
    edited August 2015
    RodCrosby said:

ydoethur said:

Stevenson 1952 and 1956.
    Yes, you're quite right - I had forgotten that he was the Democrat's sacrificial lamb against the Ike bandwagon not once but twice!

None of the three are comforting parallels though. Two lost twice - Dewey throwing away a campaign that if we're honest, he should probably have won on the second occasion - and Nixon, well, he won, but...
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,715
    Hmmm. He’s 67, which would mean that he’d be 72 by the time his term finished, which isn’t that old.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    Probably only if Clinton is forced out of the race and Biden does not run. Though on present polling it is more likely to be Clinton v Trump or even Sanders v Trump than Bush v Gore
  • ydoethur said:

Just like we're seeing in the Labour race, I don't think an anti-establishment candidate who polls well and can move thousands to come hear him speak can be ignored.

I expect Bernie Sanders to follow through and win primaries, possibly even with Clinton in the race but almost certainly so if she withdraws. In the latter case, a lot will depend on how many others decide to run. I reckon Bernie has quite a high baseline that he won't drop below, while undecided will split across however many other candidates run.
    Plato said:

FPT @Speedy said

"History will be kind to him"

Said many about unpopular leaders through history.

Not necessary or true, but it's a comfort word. When people have a negative opinion, hiding behind the hope of history books is the last refuge.
    Another :lol:

I'm still in shock over Gordon's speech. I've seen bad ones - but that was a shocker.

It didn't help that he only used historical quotes from people who have died long ago as the backbone of his speech.
    Nor of course the wild pace up and down or the background that looked like he was part of a carnival, it gave a feeling of "See the amazing Gordo, the man who speaks like a newspaper".
    edited August 2015
    I see Andy has adopted another Slogan Du Jour "Only I can prevent civil war in the Labour party"

At this rate, Labour will be phoning Jeremy Kyle for help.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    Plato said:

I see Andy has adopted another Slogan Du Jour "Only I can prevent civil war in the Labour party"

How inspiring. If this were happening to the Tory party I'd be right down in the dumps.
    Said Methuselah...

Hmmm. He’s 67, which would mean that he’d be 72 by the time his term finished, which isn’t that old.

ydoethur said:

Just like we're seeing in the Labour race, I don't think an anti-establishment candidate who polls well and can move thousands to come hear him speak can be ignored.

I expect Bernie Sanders to follow through and win primaries, possibly even with Clinton in the race but almost certainly so if she withdraws. In the latter case, a lot will depend on how many others decide to run. I reckon Bernie has quite a high baseline that he won't drop below, while undecided will split across however many other candidates run.
    Bernie as VP?

Oldest president was Reagan (77 on leaving office in 1989) - next oldest was Eisenhower (70 in 1961). After that, the next oldest is Andrew Jackson (69 years 354 days) in 1869 (if anyone wants to know more, this list can be sorted by age).

I've always taken the view (sorry @malcolmg!) that Hilary's age is probably a bigger stumbling-block to her chances than her gaffes and emails. Biden and Kerry I'm ruling right out for the same reason. I think Gore would have the same handicap, and wouldn't have Hilary's novelty value to compensate.

Surely if the Democrats get that desperate they can draft one of the Obama cabinet to at least put up a fight? Jack Lew perhaps - he'd be the next most senior after Biden and Kerry I think.
    http://order-order.com/2015/08/16/gordon-prowls/

Please can someone put this to the Benny Hill music....
    edited August 2015
    Plato said:

Said Methuselah...

If you want really spectacular long service, try this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Thurel

There was also an English soldier who fought in the Civil War and was still fighting as a mercenary 70 years later when he was 89 years old, but I'm afraid I've forgotten his name!

However, the Americans are not electing a soldier (nor are the Labour party)...

EDIT: Ah-ha, found him - William Hiseland, his name was. Died aged 112.
    ydoethur said:

Oldest president was Reagan (77 on leaving office in 1989) - next oldest was Eisenhower (70 in 1961). After that, the next oldest is Andrew Jackson (69 years 354 days) in 1869 (if anyone wants to know more, this list can be sorted by age).

I've always taken the view (sorry @malcolmg!) that Hilary's age is probably a bigger stumbling-block to her chances than her gaffes and emails. Biden and Kerry I'm ruling right out for the same reason. I think Gore would have the same handicap, and wouldn't have Hilary's novelty value to compensate.

Surely if the Democrats get that desperate they can draft one of the Obama cabinet to at least put up a fight? Jack Lew perhaps - he'd be the next most senior after Biden and Kerry I think.
    Trump is 69, Jeb Bush 62 so whoever wins will almost certainly be in their sixties or even seventies
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,956
    edited August 2015
    ydoethur said:

Plato said:

Said Methuselah...

There was also an English soldier who fought in the Civil War and was still fighting as a mercenary 70 years later when he was 89 years old, but I'm afraid I've forgotten his name!

Strom Thurmond at 98 years young was third in line to be President during the early part of George W Bush's presidency
    That's always in the back of my mind - I wasn't even a Tory voter when IDS was elected and felt appalled on their behalf.

I thought EdM was dire from the get-go, this is video-nasty territory with Corbyn. It's very funny, but OMG!!!! at the same time.
    RobD said:

Plato said:

How inspiring. If this were happening to the Tory party I'd be right down in the dumps.

ydoethur said:

Plato said:

Said Methuselah...

Strom Thurmond at 98 years young was third in line to be President during the early part of George W Bush's presidency
    And had of course run himself in 1948, splitting the Democrat vote (another reason why Dewey really ought to have won...)
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    I agree TSE. Already on him.
    Ha!
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

Trump is 69, Jeb Bush 62 so whoever wins will almost certainly be in their sixties or even seventies
    For the same reason, leaving aside for the moment the fact that he is barking mad and his business dealings are a bit dubious, I doubt if Trump will get it. Bush doesn't seem impossible on grounds of age, but I think he'll only be put up if Hilary is thought to be the Democratic candidate because I very much doubt if he will beat anyone else. Dynasties are not what the American presidency is designed for.
  • tysontyson Posts: 6,049
    Speedy said:

No.
    If Al Gore didn't have the guts to run in 2004 or 2008 he won't run for anything else ever again.

For comparisons, Nixon had a gap of only 6 years between his gubernational race in 1962 and him running again as the savior of America from the madness of the 60's in 1968.
    Al Gore hasn't run for anything for 16 years, no person under the age of 30 remembers him and those who do have vague memories now.

I think Gore post 2000 has always stood aloof and aside, but ready just in case he is called upon. He would only come into the frame if he was the man to save the situation- a la Howard for the Tories.

FWIW- I thought Hilary appeared completed deflated and defeatist yesterday. I think she's tried and she may well step aside if things continue as is. Another 18 months of this?
    That's really cool.
    ydoethur said:

Plato said:

Said Methuselah...

EDIT: Ah-ha, found him - William Hiseland, his name was. Died aged 112.
    RobD said:

Blinking heck- if Oliver Stone does another movie about Nixon all Gordon has to do is perfect an American accent.

• ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Plato said:

Said Methuselah...

And had of course run himself in 1948, splitting the Democrat vote (another reason why Dewey really ought to have won...)
    Who would have thought 53 years later he'd be a Republican and one well co-ordinated terrorist attack away from the Presidency.
    tyson said:

FWIW- I thought Hilary appeared completed deflated and defeatist yesterday. I think she's tried and she may well step aside if things continue as is. Another 18 months of this?

A sensible observation. But I superimpose a sensible person on Hilary Clinton and I struggle to get the outlines to fit anywhere.
    edited August 2015
    tyson said:

RobD said:

Blinking heck- if Oliver Stone does another movie about Nixon all Gordon has to do is perfect an American accent.

Absence makes the ex-PM go wander...

@TSE, we are fortunate indeed that Al-Qaeda were not better organised.

And with that, I am off to sample the delights of a roast dinner. Hope everyone has a great evening.

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Plato said:

Said Methuselah...

Who would have thought 53 years later he'd be a Republican and one well co-ordinated terrorist attack away from the Presidency.
    It's not that bad- we once had John Prescott second in line.
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,670
    ydoethur said:

You young whippersnappers are ageist

ydoethur said:

An article in today's Observer says that there is no way this will happen. Sanders is only doing well in states like NH where he is not facing large groups of Hillary's key voters. IMHO it will be Hillary, I'm backing a couple of others at high odds in case she falls under the proverbial.
    RobD said:

wingsoverscotland is doing it
  • EPGEPG Posts: 5,996
    If there's one topic I wouldn't trust PB on it's a Gordon Brown speech.

Like most other mainstream Conservative web communities like ConHome or Guido, PB coalesced during the Brown ministry and the personal contempt of him justified unity under the not-very-different policies of David Cameron. On the day of his Scotland speech you would almost have thought he had lost it for No, but I think there was more chat about the RAF or trains because obviously nobody listens to the hated Loonie McBroon.
    edited August 2015
    Everton Andy is also angling for DavidM to return to become “Labour’s best team out on the pitch” he said.
    malcolmg said:

RobD said:

wingsoverscotland is doing it
    I knew that site was a right joke! ;)
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

For the same reason, leaving aside for the moment the fact that he is barking mad and his business dealings are a bit dubious, I doubt if Trump will get it. Bush doesn't seem impossible on grounds of age, but I think he'll only be put up if Hilary is thought to be the Democratic candidate because I very much doubt if he will beat anyone else. Dynasties are not what the American presidency is designed for.
    I'm on Fiorina at crazy odds. It's just possible that after months of mayhem she will stagger from the wreckage.
    Brown should have gone off to the IMF with his reputation largely intact. He was singularly unsuitable to be leader of the party.

The Tories are going to face the same problem with Gorgeous George Osborne- someone with intelligence and cunning but more unlikeable, unappealing and creepier than Gordon (if that is possible)
    Plato said:

Ha!

RobD said:

• TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    Plenty of cash available to lay Clinton @ 1.4.

Although I had got on at ~1.33 I have topped up: the possibility that Clinton actually withdraws is on the cards. Mostly I was expecting to have a fight on her hands, maybe evens.

ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

I'm on Fiorina at crazy odds. It's just possible that after months of mayhem she will stagger from the wreckage.
    Even Fiorina is 60
  • Plato said:

Said Methuselah...

I haven't turned 40 quite yet :)
  • SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    tyson said:

Brown should have gone off to the IMF with his reputation largely intact. He was singularly unsuitable to be leader of the party.

The Tories are going to face the same problem with Gorgeous George Osborne- someone with intelligence and cunning but more unlikeable, unappealing and creepier than Gordon (if that is possible)

Plato said:

Ha!

RobD said:

Brown's reputation was never intact. it was always flawed from his days in the treasury. He should never be allowed anywhere near any job to do with money, period.
    edited August 2015
    Plato said:

Everton Andy is also angling for DavidM to return to become “Labour’s best team out on the pitch” he said.

A bit risky as David Miliband is the only potential rival to Burnham within Labour who outpolls him with the public but kudos for getting the best team
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,909
    edited August 2015
    Plato said:

I've got emails from Jezza and Andy so far.

Also Dan Jarvis 4 Stella.
    I trust you haven't felt the need to kill any sentient creatures in order to indulge in the delights of your Sunday fare.
    ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

And with that, I am off to sample the delights of a roast dinner. Hope everyone has a great evening.
  • RobD said:

Brownian motion sickness.
    A genuinely nauseating performance.
  • SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    EPG said:

Like most other mainstream Conservative web communities like ConHome or Guido, PB coalesced during the Brown ministry and the personal contempt of him justified unity under the not-very-different policies of David Cameron. On the day of his Scotland speech you would almost have thought he had lost it for No, but I think there was more chat about the RAF or trains because obviously nobody listens to the hated Loonie McBroon.

Wrong target, but I accept I wouldn't trust a word Brown said, even if he said the sun was shining,

You should be thinking of what effect his intervention will have on Labour supporters.
  • Unreal - Northants playing Aussie in the cricket.... guess what about watto?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/33673952
    Plato said:

Five long years of footballing slogans if AB becomes leader.
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

Maybe, but at the moment those are the top 2 in the GOP nomination polls
    Leg before Watson- I cheated thought and had a quick glimpse at the scorecard

Unreal - Northants playing Aussie in the cricket.... guess what about watto?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/33673952

• Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    edited August 2015
    On thread - I followed OGH and laid Hillary a lot at 1.25...
    I think you'll notice @Speedy commenting on it. He's not a Tory unless I've missed something.

Rather than casting aspersions - watch Brown's efforts then tell us what you think of it.
    EPG said:

EPG said:

I'm on PB and I have a lot of time for Brown. History will be kinder than contemporary thinking, e.g. keeping us out of Euro.
  • CD13CD13 Posts: 6,349

Worry not, Mr Tyson, they won't be sentient when he's finished eating them.
    Listen Rotten- politics is a game of two halves. The election ain't over until the final whistle is blown. The PM deserves a red card. One nil to the Tories, one nil to the Tories. Let's stop playing the ball instead of the man.

I can't stop. Football and politics- they should just merge them together. Life would be easier.

Plato said:

Five long years of footballing slogans if AB becomes leader.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,955
    RobD said:

He really needs to be slapping a bald chap about though.

Paging Neil Kinnock.....
  • DisraeliDisraeli Posts: 1,106
    tyson said:

I trust you haven't felt the need to kill any sentient creatures in order to indulge in the delights of your Sunday fare.

ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

I believe that the centrepiece of the dinner is(was) an extreme right-wing Tory supporting chicken....so not "sentient" at all. :wink:
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    GOP debate effect seems to be wearing off for most people, though Carson is still making progress:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

The difficulty in reading these GOP polls is the absence of a clear alternative to Trump. That won't last indefinitely - someone will separate from the pack of people struggling to get into double figures and will probably mop up a lot of anti-Trump voting. But it might take a primary or two to make it clear.

Meanwhile, a big jump for Sanders halves Clinton's lead, though still a lot of ground to make up. Biden going nowhere at the moment.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_democratic_presidential_nomination-3824.html

• Disraeli said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

I believe that the centrepiece of the dinner is(was) an extreme right-wing Tory supporting chicken....so not "sentient" at all. :wink:
    Was the chicken choked?
  • EPG said:

In what way is PB a "Conservative web community"?
    I voted Labour in May!
  • SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

Disraeli said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

Was the chicken choked?
    No, It was bashed by the bishop. :lol:
    edited August 2015
    I ate Larry the Lamb with new potatoes. Bambi is in the pot tomorrow :yummy:
    Disraeli said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

Australia have not yet avoided the follow-on against Northants and have only 2 wickets left. However there’s a festivity at one of our local hostelries and Wifi isn’t good there!
  • Disraeli said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

Was the chicken choked?
    After being "pulled"?
    Nick- Bernie Sanders brother, Larry, is a fixture and fitting of Oxford City Council, sitting as an Independent Socialist Candidate. I knew him well- he was active in local services, always attended meetings, and asked intelligent scrutiny questions. Very Oxford for you.

If Bernie became POTUS (and that's a big if mind you, probably bigger than "Jez we can becoming PM") I wonder if Larry would still turn up for meetings about local residents mental health services.

GOP debate effect seems to be wearing off for most people, though Carson is still making progress:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

The difficulty in reading these GOP polls is the absence of a clear alternative to Trump. That won't last indefinitely - someone will separate from the pack of people struggling to get into double figures and will probably mop up a lot of anti-Trump voting. But it might take a primary or two to make it clear.

Meanwhile, a big jump for Sanders halves Clinton's lead, though still a lot of ground to make up. Biden going nowhere at the moment.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_democratic_presidential_nomination-3824.html

The GOP top 3 in the latest post debate polls are Trump, Carson, Cruz, all 3 of them have something like 47% of the vote.
    Meanwhile the establishment 4 (or anti-Trump candidates) are at 4th, 6th and joint 8th place with a total of 26%.

You see, it's the opposite of 2012, back then the establishment vote (26%) was united behind Romney, with the anti Romney vote split in 7 different directions, now the establishment is split in 4-5 different candidates while the anti-establishment is mostly united behind one of 3.

EPG said:

I'm on PB and I have a lot of time for Brown. History will be kinder than contemporary thinking, e.g. keeping us out of Euro.
    He was still crap
    Golly, this isn't going away... "Kids Company paid LSE £40,000 for positive report" http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4525691.ece
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,743
    EPG said:

Actually I seem to recall that several Conservatives of a more Unionist persuasion did praise Gordie's Save the Union speech, albeit through gritted teeth.
  • MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    Plato said:

Golly, this isn't going away... "Kids Company paid LSE £40,000 for positive report" http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4525691.ece

There should be some prosecutions over this.

Plato- if my partner fell under the proverbial, sadly there could be no future for us. Your political views I could stand- just, but not the meat eating. Supposing you got a bit of bacon stuck in your mouth. Yuck.
    Plato said:

Disraeli said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

Plato said:

I doubt it.
  • HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Plato said:

That is about as likely as the Chilcott enquiry reporting any time soon. And for the same reasons.
    edited August 2015
    While we at the US election thread, I have to post this from the Sunday Times in case no one has posted it already:

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/People/article1594307.ece?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-TheTimesandTheSundayTimes-timesandsundaytimes-_-20150816-_-News-_-222937462&linkId=16337351

"DIANA, Princess of Wales was pursued after the break-up of her marriage by Donald Trump, the billionaire now seeking the US presidency, according to Selina Scott, the broadcaster.

“He bombarded Diana at Kensington Palace with massive bouquets of flowers, each worth hundreds of pounds,” Scott reveals today.

“Trump clearly saw Diana as the ultimate trophy wife,” she writes in News Review.

“As the roses and orchids piled up at her apartment she became increasingly concerned about what she should do. It had begun to feel as if Trump was stalking her.”

Scott says Diana confided in her over dinner. “‘What am I going to do?’ she asked. ‘He gives me the creeps.’ ‘Just throw them in the bin,’ I advised. Diana laughed.”

Imagine if she married Trump, and Trump actually won the presidency the First Lady of America would have been the ex-wife of the future King of the UK and mother to other future Kings.
    That would be something on state visits.

Just think of the introductions "William I like you to meet your new dad".
    malcolmg said:

EPG said:

He was still crap
    Crap he may be, but he annoyed a lot of English people.
    Surely you must appreciate him for at least that! :wink:
    tyson said:

Plato- if my partner fell under the proverbial, sadly there could be no future for us. Your political views I could stand- just, but not the meat eating. Supposing you got a bit of bacon stuck in your mouth. Yuck.

Plato said:

Disraeli said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

Or a bit of roasted baby.
  • Plato said:

Disraeli said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

TSE: "Do you want a drink?"

Sunil: "Got any Quorn?"

TSE: "If you want!" (He also takes a bottle of meat from the fridge).

Sunil: "Meat...? Ugh!"

TSE: "It's what Ian Rush drinks."

Sunil: "Ian Rush?"

TSE: "Yeah, an' he says if I don't drink lots of meat, when I grow up I'm only gonna be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley!"

Sunil: "Accrington Stanley? Who are they?"

TSE: "Exactly!"
  • Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    I think a Corbyn win might itself boost Bernie Sanders' chances. Lefties will look at it and think "wow, it really is possible".
  • Disraeli said:

tyson said:

Plato said:

Disraeli said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

roast? Boiled is best.
    Saw a very interesting show on Food Network about US lamb and why it wasn't that popular/tasted very different. Apparently it's corn, not grass fed and doesn't have that gamey quality.
    Disraeli said:

tyson said:

Plato said:

Disraeli said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

• TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited August 2015

Plato said:

When will Panorama do a programme into the role of the Trustees in Kids Company? When Hell freezes over?
    I suspect Colonel Sanders will be more influential.
    Danny565 said:

I think a Corbyn win might itself boost Bernie Sanders' chances. Lefties will look at it and think "wow, it really is possible".

• Disraeli said:

malcolmg said:

EPG said:

He was still crap
    It has been said that Douglas Haig was the greatest ever Scottish general in that he killed the most Englishmen. Some might apply the same logic to Brown in the economic sphere.
    Plato said:

Danny565 said:

I think so too, Corbyn would have as much impact on the US race as KFC, but if he won and actually goes to the US and campaigns for Sanders then than would have an impact.
  • notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    SeanT said:

This is incredible. A pro-Corbyn Labour MP - LABOUR - attacks Gordon Brown's record on "economic credibility" by saying he has none.

A massive domestic brawl ensues, with the kids left weeping upstairs, as Mum hurls hot chip fat at Dad, and Dad gives her a shiner. Read the whole thing.

http://tinyurl.com/p9m4zel

That really is incendiary.. An MP should know better.
  • RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    edited August 2015
    Plato said:

Danny565 said:

Little known fact. Or nugget. (^_-)

George Wallace wanted the Colonel as his Veep in 1968...
    edited August 2015
    SeanT said:

This is incredible. A pro-Corbyn Labour MP - LABOUR - attacks Gordon Brown's record on "economic credibility" by saying he has none.

A massive domestic brawl ensues, with the kids left weeping upstairs, as Mum hurls hot chip fat at Dad, and Dad gives her a shiner. Read the whole thing.

Well it's true isn't it.
    Brown doesn't have a record on economic credibility since the crash.
    In fact Labour as a whole doesn't have that since the crash.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,956
    edited August 2015
    I forgot to mention, Al Gore's home town is Carthage*, he announced both his previous Presidential runs in Carthage.

As we all know, only losers come from Carthage.

**Carthage, Tennessee
    I'm beginning to wonder if my joke about phoning Jeremy Kyle isn't so wide of mark.

What are they thinking of? It's as if they've forgotten Twitter can be seen by everyone.
    notme said:

SeanT said:

• notmenotme Posts: 3,293

Disraeli said:

tyson said:

Plato said:

Disraeli said:

tyson said:

ydoethur said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

roast? Boiled is best.
    Lamb really is my favourite meat. Two best ways that i enjoy immensely:

i) Leg prepared by making incisions, filled with slithers of garlic and sprigs of rosemary, optionally coated in a jam of some kind and then roasted.
    ii) Whole leg of lamb deboned and buterfly cut. Seasoned with lemon and cumin with a few other spices, cooked for twenty five minutes in oven then thrown onto the BBQ.

Amazing...
    Disraeli said:

malcolmg said:

EPG said:

He was still crap
    He annoyed a lot more than English people
    :love: That's a great factoid.

Get's me thinking of Elvis and Colonel Tom Parker.
    RodCrosby said:

Plato said:

Danny565 said:

Little known fact. Or nugget. (^_-)

George Wallace wanted the Colonel as his Veep in 1968...
  • Speedy said:

Plato said:

Danny565 said:

I think so too, Corbyn would have as much impact on the US race as KFC, but if he won and actually goes to the US and campaigns for Sanders then than would have an impact.

Yep - hangin' with Hamas and Hezbollah is always a vote winner in the US. That said, the IRA connection might play well with the plastics in Boston, Buffalo and New York.

Disraeli said:

malcolmg said:

EPG said:

He was still crap
    It has been said that Douglas Haig was the greatest ever Scottish general in that he killed the most Englishmen.
    Oh! Cruel, but witty. I wonder who first said that?

Of course, if the Scottish people decide democratically that they want independence then it must be respected, sad though it would make me, as an old unionist.

If I could make three groups of people "mend their ways" and abandon their particular passion, it would be:
    1) ISIS supporters,
    2) Scottish Nationalists,
    3) Arsenal supporters.

edited August 2015

Disraeli said:

malcolmg said:

EPG said:

He was still crap
    It has been said that Douglas Haig was the greatest ever Scottish general in that he killed the most Englishmen. Some might apply the same logic to Brown in the economic sphere.
    I think you will find he did for more Scots, he was not just mean to the English

He was the Army's equivalent of Brown
  • FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916
    It would appear that the USA and the Labour party have the same problem - desperately looking for a good leader.

GB today appeared to be in denial about 2010.
  • notme said:

SeanT said:

He's a Corbyn supporting Labour MP. That's all you need to know to know that he's a moron. No doubt he'll be in the Shadow Cabinet soon doing Nick Palmer proud.