Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Amber Rudd now clear third favourite in the CON leader bettig

13»

Comments

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,817
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:
    But DFS has a winter sale on....
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    They must think Corbyn could win.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

I am still really interested why the agent COB story has appeared now. Why not during the GE campaign?

Given how the IRA stuff failed to cause any real damage during the campaign, perhaps the feeling is that he can be hurt outside of the cut and thrust of election time?
    The thing with the IRA stuff is that it was only really deployed in the last week of the campaign, by which time all the dementia tax, robot May, failure to debate and Corbyn unopposed roadshow had set in.

If the take down stuff by the likes of Guido says anything is you keep drip drip drip the stuff over an extended period, meaning your victim has to continually keep issuing denials and blowing them off course.

This stuff seems at a really weird time, with nothing really happening, and even if it was shown that Corbyn was a paid informer, Labour aren't going to get rid of him and it will all be forgotten in a few years.
    It might be part of a more co-ordinated long term plan to undermine him. It feels more managed this time.
  • Options
    I bet the stop funding hate lot are going to go bonkers over the Mail on Sunday front page.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989
    edited February 2018

I am still really interested why the agent COB story has appeared now. Why not during the GE campaign?

Given how the IRA stuff failed to cause any real damage during the campaign, perhaps the feeling is that he can be hurt outside of the cut and thrust of election time?
    I think most people's reaction will be the Mandy Rice-Davies retort. "Well they would say that wouldn't they?". The Tory press have dredged up some Czech who no-one has heard of to make allegations that are not supported by original sources, in order to damage Corbyn. Move along. Nothing to see here.
  • Options

I bet the stop funding hate lot are going to go bonkers over the Mail on Sunday front page.

Because it is ok to hate right wingers who sexually assault people but lefties are always going to be blameless?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited February 2018

The thing with the IRA stuff is that it was only really deployed in the last week of the campaign, by which time all the dementia tax, robot May, failure to debate and Corbyn unopposed roadshow had set in.

If the take down stuff by the likes of Guido says anything is you keep drip drip drip the stuff over an extended period, meaning your victim has to continually keep issuing denials and blowing them off course.

This stuff seems at a really weird time, with nothing really happening, and even if it was shown that Corbyn was a paid informer, Labour aren't going to get rid of him and it will all be forgotten in a few years.
    It might be part of a more co-ordinated long term plan to undermine him. It feels more managed this time.
    Perhaps....personally, I don't understand why the Tories aren't repeating the successful take down of Ed Miliband (I don't mean the his dad had some left wing views), I mean the constant take down of his policies.

At the moment, it feels like they just let Corbynism recycling of failed 70s ideas still getting a free ride. They are letting this narrative that capitalism has failed the world take hold.

Compare that to how the Tories took down Milibands more modest (but often idiotic..which May keeps promising to copy...) ideas, they would jump all over anything nonsensical he said.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Barnesian said:

I think most people's reaction will be the Mandy Rice-Davies retort. "Well they would say that wouldn't they?". The Tory press have dredged up some Czech who no-one has heard of to make allegations that are not supported by original sources, in order to damage Corbyn. Move along. Nothing to see here.
    Corbyn is Icarus. He will fly higher and higher.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Barnesian said:

Remind me what temperature wax melts at...
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115

Because it is ok to hate right wingers who sexually assault people but lefties are always going to be blameless?
    IOKIYAAL.....
  • Options

IOKIYAAL.....
    Now you have lost me completely!
  • Options

IOKIYAAL.....
    Is that what it means
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

I predict a lot of hate at the Daily Mail on twitter....

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/964979476097626118

That’ll confuse them - the MoS is remainer central!
    https://twitter.com/Investor_Luke/status/964985427861090306
  • Options

IOKIYAAL.....
    It's OK if you're a leftie...
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Barnesian said:

Much more potentially damaging to Corbyn with his own supporters is the shenanigans at the National Policy Forum today where there is pressure to discuss Labour's Brexit policy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43099581

This can do real damage. The Czech stuff is ephemeral fluff.
  • Options

IOKIYAAL.....
    It's OK if you're a leftie...
    Aha! I shall try to remember that one
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

TGOHF said:

Barnesian said:

Much more potentially damaging to Corbyn with his own supporters is the shenanigans at the National Policy Forum today where there is pressure to discuss Labour's Brexit policy.

To the over 45s it will confirm what they think about that dreadful Trot - they weren’t going to vote for him anyway. For the under 45s the past is another country and what’s this got to do with housing or student debt?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,744
    Barnesian said:

I've not bothered to follow the story closely, but the impression I gathered was that he had spoken to some Czech guy in the 80s and essentially just confirmed he dislikes america and the Tories. Then a follow up suggested the things he said were actually useful for the Soviets or something, at which point it all seemed very unlikely and I've not felt the need to look into it anyway. No one is going to care, so I can only presume more attention is being paid for one to fill space, and two just serve as a reminder for those whom already dislike him.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

TGOHF said:

Barnesian said:

But the Despair-o-meter must have advanced a few notches with tens of moderate Labour MPs over the past 24 hours. This is just what they feared.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Barnesian said:

TGOHF said:

Barnesian said:

To the over 45s it will confirm what they think about that dreadful Trot - they weren’t going to vote for him anyway. For the under 45s the past is another country and what’s this got to do with housing or student debt?
    May lost the arable farmer vote due to her youthful indiscretions? Equally No one gives a shit about the Cold War.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

TGOHF said:

Barnesian said:

I thought they'd decided that their policy would be to oppose the government's (when it has one), whatever that ends up being? Sure that won't please many people, but it surely serves as enough justification to keep everyone pulling vaguely together - as some on PB have stated, if you don't like Brexit punish the government, even if Labour are not planning anything functionally that different.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710
    TGOHF said:

Barnesian said:

Not a risk that Theresa May is taking, to be sure.
  • Options

Barnesian said:

TGOHF said:

Barnesian said:

But the Despair-o-meter must have advanced a few notches with tens of moderate Labour MPs over the past 24 hours. This is just what they feared.
    What does it matter what that gutless bunch fear? How many were prepared to say anything on the record when they thought he would lead the party to a near disastrous position even? I can think of one, John Woodcock, who went far as to say he would not vote to put Corbyn in Downing Street, but not many others. Sure, maybe there's still fights going in the party over selections and policy, but who wins or not doesn't seem like it will be impacted by the MPs - if they could influence how that was going things wouldn't be like they are, and if they are still fighting surely they still were prior to any recent revelations.

But that is just an outsider view of course.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Scott_P said:
    I have to say, that's pretty thin from Henderson on why he didn't tweet the front page last week.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

TGOHF said:

Barnesian said:

:)
  • Options
    stevefstevef Posts: 1,044
    FF43 said:

TGOHF said:

Barnesian said:

Everyone knows the truth about Corbyn, McDonnell and the IRA
  • Options
    hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591
    Amber Rudd a safe pair of hands?! With her past business career, I don't think so!
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    kle4 said:

Barnesian said:

TGOHF said:

Barnesian said:

What does it matter what that gutless bunch fear? How many were prepared to say anything on the record when they thought he would lead the party to a near disastrous position even? I can think of one, John Woodcock, who went far as to say he would not vote to put Corbyn in Downing Street, but not many others. Sure, maybe there's still fights going in the party over selections and policy, but who wins or not doesn't seem like it will be impacted by the MPs - if they could influence how that was going things wouldn't be like they are, and if they are still fighting surely they still were prior to any recent revelations.

But that is just an outsider view of course.
    "Currently the national policy forum is organised into eight policy commissions, but none focuses purely on Brexit.

The 17,000 emails, [including one from me] sent to Andy Kerr, chairman of Labour's governing body - the National Executive Committee - and national policy forum chairwoman Ann Cryer, call on the party to set up a dedicated policy commission on Brexit."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43094718
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited February 2018
    World vision now implicated in charity sex scandal...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5404317/Charity-backed-Meghan-Markle-faces-food-sex-scandal.html

I have a friend who used to work with NGOs and quit because couldn’t handle the rampant corruption and waste they witnessed, but this stuff is a different level.
  • Options

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5404317/Charity-backed-Meghan-Markle-faces-food-sex-scandal.html

I have a friend who used to work with NGOs and quit because couldn’t handle the rampant corruption and waste they witnessed, but this stuff is a different level.

I wonder whether the boss of World Vision will bleat like Mark Goldring did today.

You can't just dismiss this sort of story because you don't like the politics of the newspapers
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,965
    Sorry if I'm being dumb, but how does one ascertain whether or not one has spoken to a spy? Surely Spying 101 is you DO NOT REVEAL YOU ARE A SPY.
    Therefore almost anyone you meet could be a spy.
    The more unlikely they are to be a spy, the better they are at their job?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,274
    A fresh boundary review on 650 seats would almost certainly serve up a new safe seat somewhere in Kent or East Sussex for Rudd.
  • Options

I wonder whether the boss of World Vision will bleat like Mark Goldring did today.

You can't just dismiss this sort of story because you don't like the politics of the newspapers
    Well radio daily mirror were pushing the angle that the mail are damaging the sector like when they investigated “hard selling” by charities phone banks targeting the elderly. It was as if they should never reveal such information, think of the kids etc.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Sorry if I'm being dumb, but how does one ascertain whether or not one has spoken to a spy? Surely Spying 101 is you DO NOT REVEAL YOU ARE A SPY.

The Telegraph are expanding it tonight to include Livingstone and McDonnell with meetings with the KGB

The thing is that non of this is surprising and there does seem to be quite a bit of photographic evidence.

You can bet Gavin Williamson is going to go full on with this but how far it goes we just need to wait and see
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    Everyone should be playing Monster Hunter World. It's the best game out there, I've sunk more hours than I'd like to admit into it. Last weekend I met up with a few mates, all of the wives/gf's there called themselves widows to MHW. Sometimes I think my fiance wants to break the PS4. :D
  • Options

dixiedean said:

The Telegraph are expanding it tonight to include Livingstone and McDonnell with meetings with the KGB

The thing is that non of this is surprising and there does seem to be quite a bit of photographic evidence.

You can bet Gavin Williamson is going to go full on with this but how far it goes we just need to wait and see
    "Hi I'm calling on behalf of the KGB, Would you mind answering a short questionnaire?"

• Options
    IanB2 said:

A fresh boundary review on 650 seats would almost certainly serve up a new safe seat somewhere in Kent or East Sussex for Rudd.

If the Rye bit of her constituency were joined up with adjoining rural areas, as was the case before 1983, she would have a strong claim on a safe seat. It would be hard for her to move elsewhere though, given party rules on chicken running these days.

The last Tory or Labour leader to have a seat marginal enough that losing was a real possibility was Heath in 1966 and 1970...I think his majority fell to 3000 in 1966. Boundary changes gave him a safe seat in 1974.
  • Options
    Cracking fisty cuffs bout.
  • Options

Jo Cox husband stands down from his role in two charities after accusations of sexual harrassment connected with his time with save the children

He starts at Oxfam on Monday ?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,291
    edited February 2018
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

"Hi I'm calling on behalf of the KGB, Would you mind answering a short questionnaire?"

Hi Dixie - I can understand labour supporters trying to dismiss these stories but on the paper review just now it was said that if any connection had been made with a conservative mp and the apartheid south african secret police they would be out of politics altogether
  • Options
    saddosaddo Posts: 534
    If Agent COB is the start of a longer term get Corbyn campaign with a strategy behind it, it could well be down to the new Tory party organisation at the top under Lewis.

He should have the post election analysis to hand which should explain why Corbyn's terrible history didn't appear to have any effect and the learning from the drip drip take down of Miliband.

If I was them, it's what I would do.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382

dixiedean said:

I bet you also believed Harold Wilson was a secret agent.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Jo Cox husband stands down from his role in two charities after accusations of sexual harrassment connected with his time with save the children

He starts at Oxfam on Monday ?
    As Megan Markle resigns her ambassador role with World vision
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

dixiedean said:

That is funny, of course not
  • Options

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Hi Dixie - I can understand labour supporters trying to dismiss these stories but on the paper review just now it was said that if any connection had been made with a conservative mp and the apartheid south african secret police they would be out of politics altogether
    Sorry Big G. I get that. BUT, you need to show intent. HMQ employed a Soviet agent and knighted him. Is she a traitor?
    The job of intelligence is to deceive.If MI6 haven't spoken to 15 Russian MP's then I would be very disappointed.
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    Barnesian said:

FPT

I think what may help the Lib Dems next time is Labour voters in say Richmond being more happy to switch. This election even in Richmond I would have voted Labour as they were given a lot of criticism for going a direction I wanted so it felt really important to show my support with a vote regardless of the effect on the seat. Next election I would imagine Labour voters like me being more relaxed about switching to Lib Dem in the few places it would make a difference.

I remember one guy for example arguing with me that Labour had got less votes than members in the Richmond by election, this kind of thing and other criticism's probably drove people to vote Labour even where a Lib Dem vote would have been better in Anti-Tory terms.

Just lend us your vote. It's in a good cause.
    I almost certainly would somewhere like Richmond next time and I imagine a few thousand of those Labour voters would as well. Although I'm in a safe Labour seat anyway. I think tactical voting will help the Lib Dems more next election than it did in this one.
  • Options

General Election 2017: Leicester East[4]
    Party Candidate Votes % ±
    Labour Keith Vaz 35,116 67.0 +5.9
    Conservative Edward Yi He 12,688 24.2 +1.2
    Independent Sujata Barot 1,753 3.3 +3.3
    Liberal Democrat Nitesh Dave 1,343 2.6 0.0
    Green Melanie Wakley 1,070 2.0 -1.0
    Independent Ian Fox 454 0.9 N/A
    Majority 22,428 42.8 +4.6
    Turnout 52,424 67.4 +3.7
    Labour hold Swing +2.3
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    Rudd will never lead the party or be PM. Next!
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Sorry Big G. I get that. BUT, you need to show intent. HMQ employed a Soviet agent and knighted him. Is she a traitor?
    The job of intelligence is to deceive.If MI6 haven't spoken to 15 Russian MP's then I would be very disappointed.
    The problem now is the constant questions Corbyn and McDonnell will get from the media with their photographic evidence and the possibility it escalates through the HOC.

I have no idea how this will effect them but I would not dismiss it too easily
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382

Yorkcity said:

dixiedean said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Wilson_conspiracy_theories Many did accusing him of been a KGB agent.
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

Rudd will never lead the party or be PM. Next!

May has rather queered the pitch for underwhelming female Home Secretaries!
  • Options

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Go to a university campus and count the number of t-shirts with hammers and sickles on, or other insignia like CCCP. Loads. Retro communism, at least symbols of it, is cool with a key part of Corbyn's base. Go to the Conservative club and count the number of Hang Mandela t-shirts. None. Aparheid ain't cool these days even on the right.

This won't shift a single vote.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

The problem now is the constant questions Corbyn and McDonnell will get from the media with their photographic evidence and the possibility it escalates through the HOC.

Welcome to the 2022 election campaign....

https://twitter.com/WikiGuido/status/964549577654272000?s=20
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

Yorkcity said:

dixiedean said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Wilson_conspiracy_theories Many did accusing him of been a KGB agent.
    Not me
  • Options
    HHemmelig said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Go to a university campus and count the number of t-shirts with hammers and sickles on, or other insignia like CCCP. Loads. Retro communism, at least symbols of it, is cool with a key part of Corbyn's base. Go to the Conservative club and count the number of Hang Mandela t-shirts. None. Aparheid ain't cool these days even on the right.

You do seem rather complacent
  • Options

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

I am not dismissing anything easily.
    Recently a social acquaintance of mine got 30+ years for a particularly unpleasant murder. I have been photographed with him (indeed I liked him). In essence though it proves nothing. Statistically, we have all met people who fooled us.
    Margaret Thatcher was photographed with Jimmy Savile...
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Given his long trip through East Germany with Diane, there is bound to be a very considerable file on each of them. But no-one would ever want or need to see the pictures...
  • Options
    HHemmelig said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Che Guevara Is a better example on uni campuses...not sure the kids wearing the t-shirts fully understand his undertakings.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    edited February 2018
    Surely the potential damage to Corbyn isn't that it'll change votes but that it may boost turnout amongst older generation Con supporters.

Turnout amongst this demographic dipped a bit in 2017 - possibly because of dementia tax / ending triple lock / means testing winter fuel etc.

Con need to get turnout amongst this group maximised next time - and this line of attack on Corbyn may help them do that.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,334
    Sorry to hear hat - IIRC my predecessor Sir Jim Lester, who everyone likes, was a strong supporter of theirs - I'm sure he'll be saddened to read the reports. Again, I doubt if it's more than a fraction of the people involved.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Surely the potential damage to Corbyn isn't that it'll change votes but that it may boost turnout amongst older generation Con supporters.

Turnout amongst this demographic dipped a bit in 2017 - possibly becuase of dementia tax / ending triple lock / means testing winter fuel etc.

Con need to get turnout amongst this group maximised next time - and this line of attack on Corbyn may help them do that.

4 years before a GE...might peak a bit soon....
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Recently a social acquaintance of mine got 30+ years for a particularly unpleasant murder. I have been photographed with him (indeed I liked him). In essence though it proves nothing. Statistically, we have all met people who fooled us.
    Congratulations, sickest effort yet.

You think she sought him out because of his views on paedophilia and necrophilia?
  • Options

HHemmelig said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

He's right though.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,060
    http://www.thejournal.ie/unionism-united-ireland-3849573-Feb2018/

“A Dáil committee is talking to unionists to prepare for a possible united Ireland“
  • Options

HHemmelig said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Che Guevara Is a better example on uni campuses...not sure the kids wearing the t-shirts fully understand his undertakings.
    Nor his attitude towards, and actions against, homosexuals. A genuinely evil man.
  • Options
    HHemmelig said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Of course it will shift some votes. Voters change allegaience for the weirdest reasons.

The issue is - how many?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

HHemmelig said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

He's right though.
    Time will tell but if Corbyn wants to win he needs middle England to vote him in and it is not the best way to attract support
  • Options
    edited February 2018

“A Dáil committee is talking to unionists to prepare for a possible united Ireland“

William,

What happened to make you hate Britain this much ?

Yours in concern...
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

William,

Yours in concern...
    It voted for brexit.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

William,

Yours in concern...
    I have often wondered the same
  • Options
    edited February 2018

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

You think she sought him out because of his views on paedophilia and necrophilia?
    Absolutely. That was the sickest effort yet. Well done!
    I was merely pointing out that being photographed with someone proves nothing.
    Your mind may take a darker route...
    But that is between you and your God/conscience.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

TGOHF said:

William,

Yours in concern...
    Me too
  • Options

TGOHF said:

William,

Yours in concern...
    Show me on the dolly where the bad empire touched you,,
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

You were making a fair point but it does not apply to Corbyn McDonnell and Livingstone who are all self confessed Marxists
  • Options
    There certainly have been a number of question marks about that man for ages.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

TGOHF said:

William,

Yours in concern...
    It voted for brexit.
    William has often said how he hates the nation state and thinks it should be consigned to the dustbin. He is a truly warped individual.
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840

dixiedean said:

You were making a fair point but it does not apply to Corbyn McDonnell and Livingstone who are all self confessed Marxists
    The same exceptions you apply to Labour politicians Labour voters apply to Conservative politicians. It is the mass of people who haven't already made their mind up that make a difference in an election.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,334
    TGOHF said:

Show me on the dolly where the bad empire touched you,,
    Actually I think that wins the bad taste award for tonight. Yuck and good night.
  • Options

Big G:

@dixiedean:

@Big-G
    You are one of the most fair minded Conservatives on here. I do not wish to either offend you or insult your intelligence.
    But. Photogaphic evidence of someone meeting someone proves nothing. I am no fan of JC, but this all seems (so far) a little thin. It smacks of doubling down on security threat, rather than positive policies froom the Cons to help the average voter.
    So I will bid you Good Night.
    ps, told you Lukaku would score 20+. Maybe it will be 30/
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710
    TGOHF said:

Anyone who travelled in East Germany almost certainly has a STASI file. I expect I have one. I know I have at the BND, the original West German agency, thanks to an over zealous official who appears to have followed me in my perfectly innocent activities in West Berlin and then started phoning my acquaintance to find out what I was up to. Having a walk in the park actually.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Big G:

@dixiedean:

@Big-G
    You are one of the most fair minded Conservatives on here. I do not wish to either offend you or insult your intelligence.
    But. Photogaphic evidence of someone meeting someone proves nothing. I am no fan of JC, but this all seems (so far) a little thin. It smacks of doubling down on security threat, rather than positive policies froom the Cons to help the average voter.
    So I will bid you Good Night.
    ps, told you Lukaku would score 20+. Maybe it will be 30/

Nice to interact with you. Have a good night as I too am calling it a day
  • Options

Cracking fisty cuffs bout.

Labours policy conference were sitting this evening?
  • Options
    The tale of the crystal Methodist wasn't an instruction manual of how to behave as a man of the cloth....

Church of England reverend snorts coke, smokes crack, watches porn and says ‘I want a hooker’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5603464/church-of-england-reverend-snorts-coke-smokes-crack-watches-porn-and-says-i-want-a-hooker/
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited February 2018
    The SPD are averaging 17% with the latest German opinion polls that have reported since 1st February:

https://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    HHemmelig said:

IanB2 said:

If the Rye bit of her constituency were joined up with adjoining rural areas, as was the case before 1983, she would have a strong claim on a safe seat. It would be hard for her to move elsewhere though, given party rules on chicken running these days.

The last Tory or Labour leader to have a seat marginal enough that losing was a real possibility was Heath in 1966 and 1970...I think his majority fell to 3000 in 1966. Boundary changes gave him a safe seat in 1974.
    Heath's majority was halved to 2300 in 1966.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    Perhaps people need to be reminded that Tory MP Archibald Ramsay was locked up during World War 2 for his pro-Nazi views.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

Perhaps people need to be reminded that Tory MP Archibald Ramsay was locked up during World War 2 for his pro-Nazi views.

Is he standing for PM at the next GE?
  • Options
    justin124 said:

oh that excuses everything then ... oh wait
  • Options

The tale of the crystal Methodist wasn't an instruction manual of how to behave as a man of the cloth....

Church of England reverend snorts coke, smokes crack, watches porn and says ‘I want a hooker’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5603464/church-of-england-reverend-snorts-coke-smokes-crack-watches-porn-and-says-i-want-a-hooker/

one of the tamer ones then.....
  • Options
    FF43 said:

TGOHF said:

Anyone who travelled in East Germany almost certainly has a STASI file. I expect I have one. I know I have at the BND, the original West German agency, thanks to an over zealous official who appears to have followed me in my perfectly innocent activities in West Berlin and then started phoning my acquaintance to find out what I was up to. Having a walk in the park actually.
    Why on earth would anyone not sympathetic to a communist regime go on a biking holiday around East Germany - or even be allowed in for that matter
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    justin124 said:

Why? Is he going to be the next leader of UKIP? Is he having an affair with Amber Rudd? Is he Fidel Castro's father?

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    JohnLoony said:

justin124 said:

Why? Is he going to be the next leader of UKIP? Is he having an affair with Amber Rudd? Is he Fidel Castro's father?

Justin doesn't like the Tories is probably the message.
This discussion has been closed.