Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Remember from just a year ago the polling build-up to TMay’s d

124»

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    At least three people are injured as knifeman goes on rampage attacking people at random on the streets of Vienna
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860
    Desperate barrel scraping.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340

kle4 said:

Floater said:
    I can believe he was not aware, although if the group was as obviously as bonkers as suggested, it doesn't exactly speak well that he didn't notice.
    The story is that he left the group when it became clear there were some nutters posting KKK and neo Nazi stuff.

I mean seriously.
    Ah, the leftwing equivalent of the Presidents’ Club.
  • Options
    MTimT2MTimT2 Posts: 48
    RoyalBlue said:

I cannot think of any better advert for doing a law degree.

https://twitter.com/moylato/status/970996163276169216

Edit - Hold up, the Bulgarians do a degree in firefighting?

Since when is geography a social science?
    Physical geography and geology are pretty much hard sciences, but what else would the rest of geography be? Economics, politics and sociology explain most of where cities are located, what they do, and how big their populations become.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,668
    kle4 said:

Floater said:
    I can believe he was not aware, although if the group was as obviously as bonkers as suggested, it doesn't exactly speak well that he didn't notice.
    I can see how this might happen... I belong to a political betting forum, some of whose members have some very extreme views - which I don't necessarily share. :wink:
  • Options

kle4 said:

Floater said:
    I can see how this might happen... I belong to a political betting forum, some of whose members have some very extreme views - which I don't necessarily share. :wink:
    Where is Rod these days
  • Options
    MTimT2MTimT2 Posts: 48
    rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

Guardian reporting a "nerve agent" has been used on Mr Skripal

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/07/russian-spy-police-appeal-for-witnesses-as-cobra-meeting-takes-place

They are pinpointing VX or Sarin?

If correct would this mean the UK has been the victim of a biological terrorist attack?

I think that was pretty obvious given the description of the symptoms and the speed with which they were affected.
    How do they get these toxic agents into the country undetected?

I could never understand how they got Plutonium into the country and managed to spread it all over London without anyone detecting it? Presumably all these toxic agents still have to be smuggled in through customs, etc?

Or are these toxic substances already here in the country?
    Ricin can easily be made from ricinis communis, which is grown widely in this country.
    Killing people is easy. Fortunately, most people aren't murderers.
    And doesn't require high tech solutions like polonium. Ricin is low tech - the son of one of my wife's colleagues did time for purifying it in is uni dorm just for fun.
  • Options
    HHemmeligHHemmelig Posts: 617
    AndyJS said:

O/T

Around 50,000 voters are eligible to take part in tomorrow's eight local government by-elections. The parliamentary electorate is usually slightly lower than the local election electorate.

2017 parliamentary electorate for 8th March 2018 local by-elections:

Bolton, Farnworth: 10,514
    Dacorum, Northchurch: 2,134
    East Hampshire, Petersfield Bell Hill: 1,924
    Harlow: Little Parndon & Hare Street: 5,845
    Medway, Rochester West: 8,524
    Nottingham, Wollaton West: 9,619
    Rutland, Oakham South East: 1,989
    Tameside, Droylsden East: 8,607

Total: 49,156

Wollaton West was one of the Tories' last three councillors on Nottingham City Council. A wealthy liberal Remainy kind of ward close to the university, not far from Nick Palmer's former stamping ground. Must be a Labour gain surely.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited March 2018
    The one bit about the Corbyn story that makes me raise my eyebrows is that he apparently posted a comment in a thread where other people were using the term "Zios".

Admittedly "Zio" or "Zionist" are not in themselves anti-Semitic, but the people who use the terms almost invariably are.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750

kle4 said:

Floater said:
    :)

Well sure, but it doesn't take that much effort to notice the general tenor of a place - 5 nanoseconds should be enough in a youtube comment section to assess its a place no one wants to be!
  • Options
    Off topic, this Torygraph article made me smile:

"BBC denies dumbing down as traditional programmes face the axe"

Among the programmes listed as potentially facing the axe are: Bargain Hunt, Cash in the Attic and Homes Under the Hammer.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/03/07/bbc-denies-dumbing-traditional-programmes-face-axe/
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

The one bit about the Corbyn story that makes me raise my eyebrows is that he apparently posted a comment in a thread where other people were using the term "Zios".

Admittedly "Zio" or "Zionist" are not in themselves anti-Semitic, but the people who use the terms almost invariably are.

I’d struggle to see how Zio could be used in a non-anti-Semitic way.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,812

AndyJS said:

O/T

Around 50,000 voters are eligible to take part in tomorrow's eight local government by-elections. The parliamentary electorate is usually slightly lower than the local election electorate.

'Bus-Pass Elvis Party' are standing in Wollaton West.

Upset alert?
    Droylsden (West, though) )was where an aunt was a long time Liberal activist, both Droylsden seats were yellow during the 80s. Any visit involved long inspections of the spelling errors in Labour and (occasional) Tory pamphlets, and the perfect grammar and spelling of their Liberal equivalents.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,242

Desperate barrel scraping.
    Jezparate, surely?
  • Options

Danny565 said:

Well if you're Italian and you wanted to address/talk about your Uncle.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited March 2018
    HHemmelig said:

AndyJS said:

O/T

Wollaton West was one of the Tories' last three councillors on Nottingham City Council. A wealthy liberal Remainy kind of ward close to the university, not far from Nick Palmer's former stamping ground. Must be a Labour gain surely.
    I expect so. At the last scheduled local elections 2 of the 3 seats in the ward were Labour.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    However, even if this article is 100% accurate and Corbyn knew perfectly well what he was doing, like that exceptionally nasty woman Jenna Delich a few years back, as with the Czech story in what way would it profoundly change what we all knew about him already?
  • Options
    A North London club going out in the last 16?

Has that ever happened in the Champions League?
  • Options

Danny565 said:

Zio is a new one on me. Is Zionist a derogative term?
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

kle4 said:

Floater said:
    Where is Rod these days
    Joined the Labour party
  • Options

Among the programmes listed as potentially facing the axe are: Bargain Hunt, Cash in the Attic and Homes Under the Hammer.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/03/07/bbc-denies-dumbing-traditional-programmes-face-axe/

Phil & Kirsty type property shows do seem to be on their last legs....perhaps reflecting that the property bubble is gradually deflating. Ironically we could see plenty of homes going under the hammer as interest rates go up.
  • Options

Us working people didn't even know such shows were still going...
  • Options

Danny565 said:

Zio is to Zionist as Paki is to Pakistani.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Matt cartoon caption:

"It was Andy Warhol who said 'In the future everyone will work at the White House for 15 minutes'"
  • Options
    Floater said:

kle4 said:

Floater said:
    Where is Rod these days
    Joined the Labour party
    Cripes (if you're being serious).

Rod voted Tory in 1997
  • Options
    HHemmelig said:

Floater said:

kle4 said:

Floater said:
    Where is Rod these days
    Joined the Labour party

Rod voted Tory in 1997
    Its a joke on the fact that Rod gets shall we say rather energized by Jewish matters, so much so he got banned.
  • Options
    HHemmelig said:

Floater said:

kle4 said:

Floater said:
    Where is Rod these days
    Joined the Labour party

Rod voted Tory in 1997
    There you are, that proves it. Still stuck in the 1980s and only Labour are offering to take us back there or further.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    HHemmelig said:

Phil & Kirsty type property shows do seem to be on their last legs....perhaps reflecting that the property bubble is gradually deflating. Ironically we could see plenty of homes going under the hammer as interest rates go up.
    What will the nation do without Dion Dublin letting us know what yield was achieved for the 2 up 2 down doer upper :(
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Danny565 said:

Zio is to Zionist as Paki is to Pakistani.
    Thank-you. I shall make sure to avoid its use - shouldn't be too difficult. :smile:
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750

Danny565 said:

My general understanding has been that it conceivably could be used in a non-derogatory fashion, but it is certainly used an awful lot, much much wider than any legitimate usage would allow, by those who do use it as a derogative term.

In much the same way that not everyone who criticises Israeli policy is anti-semitic, but anti-semites love to say that you cannot criticise Israel without being labelled anti-semitic, then claiming that is all they are doing.
  • Options

HHemmelig said:

Floater said:

kle4 said:

Floater said:
    Where is Rod these days
    Joined the Labour party

Rod voted Tory in 1997
    Its a joke on the fact that Rod gets shall we say rather energized by Jewish matters, so much so he got banned.
    Baroness Chakrabati deemed he was not suitable for Labour Methinks.
  • Options
    Anyone see Panorama from Mansfield

Did you see that bigoted woman as GB would say.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

Anyone see Panorama from Mansfield

Did you see that bigoted woman as GB would say.

We watched it. My dad wants to know, how can net migration be at 240k and yet we still aren't getting enough doctors in. It's a very fair question.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    edited March 2018
    Gone
This discussion has been closed.