Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Chris Williamson’s odds to succeed Corbyn move from 100/1 to 3

SystemSystem Posts: 11,020
edited September 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Chris Williamson’s odds to succeed Corbyn move from 100/1 to 33/1 in a week

Ladbrokes: Chris Williamson is now 33/1 to become the next Labour leader, in from 100/1 last week pic.twitter.com/wp1El4c8vn

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860
    edited September 2018
    1st like the #JC9
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    2nd like the #JC9 etc etc
  • Options
    Hmm. Did consider backing this, but backed a few on the market already. Think I'll sit it out.

Saw him on the TV the other day. Was very loyal, with his fetching black shirt.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    So that’s what 72 virgins looks like.
  • Options
    How much would have to have gone on for his odds to be cut by 2/3rds? When Mike famously backed Obama in 2005, how soon after were the odds cut?
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    edited September 2018
    deleted
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926
    edited September 2018
    8th like the JC9
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836
    Scott_P said:
    What's the point about turning up dressed as a witch.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    CosPlay.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    Maybe she's a witch?
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    I thought the tendency was for the Party Leader to get a boost locally.

I didn't think decapitation strategies were often successful.
  • Options
    The (oc)cult for Corbyn.....
  • Options
    philiph said:

Some do.

Ted Heath and Theresa May didn’t get a boost.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

How much would have to have gone on for his odds to be cut by 2/3rds? When Mike famously backed Obama in 2005, how soon after were the odds cut?

Mike bet on Obama in 05? He kept that on the hush-hush :o
  • Options
    TrèsDifficileTrèsDifficile Posts: 1,729
    edited September 2018

Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    Maybe she's a witch?
    Actually, I think it's a thing. They dress up like witches to show it's a witch-hunt. Was done for Marc Wadsworth image
  • Options
    philiph said:

How about a 'if you float you're guilty' ducking stool strategy ?
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    Maybe she's a witch?
    Actually, I think it's a thing. They dress up like witches to show it's a witch-hunt. Was done for Marc Wadsworth image
    And Stan Keable image
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    Maybe she's a witch?
    It would be more interesting if she really were a witch, working goteic magic against the enemies of Jeremy.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

Sean_F said:

Scott_P said:
    Maybe she's a witch?
    And Stan Keable image
    And I thought PB Tories were a bunch of deranged nutters.....
  • Options
    RobD said:

Indeed, I only heard in hushed tones about it a year ago
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115
    edited September 2018
    FPT, for SeanT - as you were saying Lincoln is one of your favourite European cities, have you ever been to the Wren-designed Library in the Cathedral? Has to be seen. Roy Strong said it was the most beautiful room in England. Go and make your own mind up.

Hint: I haven't found one better......
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,426
    edited September 2018

RobD said:

Indeed, I only heard in hushed tones about it a year ago
    PB thread writers don’t like to brag about our big winners.

I mean I seldom mention I tipped Amber Rudd as next out of the cabinet and Javid as her successor at 33/1 each.

We’re humble people with legendary modesty.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, it's an exceedingly nice feeling when a long shot comes in. Of course, it doesn't happen too often, alas.

Let's hope Bailey becomes the 2020 London mayor.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    If you are supporting the magic grandpa, how else would you dress?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but HS2 has not had a good couple of days:

https://tinyurl.com/y9p7bkv4

https://tinyurl.com/y7prynj5
  • Options
    Chris Williamson seems to be on manoeuvres, and he's more Corbynistic than Corbyn. Of course, he's a pretty vile dickhead, from whom voters would run a mile, but such old-fashioned considerations aren't very relevant in the extremist cult which has taken over the Labour Party.

It's a long shot, obv. 100/1 would have been a great bet. I got a few quid on at 66/1, but I wouldn't want to go much lower than that.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

If you are supporting the magic grandpa, how else would you dress?

In a blue cap like the Britain First bloke in the Pro Israel Demo?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Never thought I'd see Chris Williamson being discussed as a possible future Labour leader.
  • Options
    Progress wasted 35.000 votes on MASTERS, Marianna

Could have got Eddie on easily if they had a brain
  • Options
    Mr. P, I'm sure the Committee of Public Safety will reach a perfectly reasonable judgement that will help ensure equality and stability.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Never thought I'd see Chris Williamson being discussed as a possible future Labour leader.

We live in febrile times
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,298

Doesn't compute - it would dilute the purity of your party given that Eddie is not a racist. And not a racist down to his bones.

Wouldn't fit in at all in your shithole of a terrorist supporting party.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    They are fighting over the hand-written amendment "These rules shall not apply to anybody called Jeremy"......
  • Options
  • Options

Chris Williamson seems to be on manoeuvres, and he's more Corbynistic than Corbyn. Of course, he's a pretty vile dickhead, from whom voters would run a mile, but such old-fashioned considerations aren't very relevant in the extremist cult which has taken over the Labour Party.

It's a long shot, obv. 100/1 would have been a great bet. I got a few quid on at 66/1, but I wouldn't want to go much lower than that.

I suspect that he is the reason why UKIP did very well in Derby North in this year's local election.
  • Options
    Mr. Simon, one imagines the average Venezuelan would disagree.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586

philiph said:

Some do.

Ted Heath and Theresa May didn’t get a boost.
    Fairly successful with Charles I, too.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Any "compromise" is still woefully short of the 100% acceptance of the unamended IHRA that any sane organisation should take about 14 seconds to think about and say "yup, sign us up".

Means the likes of Watson have failed to win the day.
  • Options
    How does Sadiq Khan explain the use of Met Police to prevent civil war violence within the labour party outside their London HQ while suspected acid attack of three people takes place in Notting Hill
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    TOPPING said:

Doesn't compute - it would dilute the purity of your party given that Eddie is not a racist. And not a racist down to his bones.

Have you frothed all over your keyboard
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Have you frothed all over your keyboard
    Nah - just calling it as it is.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

I suspect that he is the reason why UKIP did very well in Derby North in this year's local election.
    It's worth pointing out that under the proposed boundary changes, Derby gets reconfigured into a safe Labour Derby West (maj 13k) and a marginal Con Derby East (maj 2.5k). Williamson and Beckett would be going head to head for Derby W but at 75 she may retire anyway.
  • Options
    Megaphone Man shouting Fascist at CW is a far right activist usually seen in a Mossad Top

https://twitter.com/kateferguson4/status/1036929939575066625

Definitely not Topping who would surely be shouting "your shithole of a terrorist supporting party" down the Megaphone
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Corbynites and Leave.EUers don't have the batshit market sewn up just yet !, here's a good one from one of the #FBPE twitter lot...

https://twitter.com/fightbrexit/status/1036662177070047232

• Options

Sean_F said:

It's worth pointing out that under the proposed boundary changes, Derby gets reconfigured into a safe Labour Derby West (maj 13k) and a marginal Con Derby East (maj 2.5k). Williamson and Beckett would be going head to head for Derby W but at 75 she may retire anyway.
    I think Ma Beckett needs to take every step she can to atone for lumbering Labour with Corbyn. Booting out Williamson would be a start.....
  • Options

Megaphone Man shouting Fascist at CW is a far right activist usually seen in a Mossad Top

Definitely not Topping who would surely be shouting "your shithole of a terrorist supporting party" down the Megaphone

Williamson saying "people a lot brighter than me" is going to be a gif.....
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Pulpstar said:

Corbynites and Leave.EUers don't have the batshit market sewn up just yet !, here's a good one from one of the #FBPE twitter lot...

I tell you if there was a moonbat event in the Olympics we could give the Yanks a good run for their money.
  • Options
    New party leaders elected:

The pair [Bartley and Berry] easily saw off challenges from rivals, scooping 6,239 of the 8,379 votes cast, against 1,466 for Shahrar Ali and 495 for Leslie Rowe.

Amelia Womack was re-elected for a third term as deputy leader, taking 3,981 out of 7,369 votes.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

The pair [Bartley and Berry] easily saw off challenges from rivals, scooping 6,239 of the 8,379 votes cast, against 1,466 for Shahrar Ali and 495 for Leslie Rowe.

Amelia Womack was re-elected for a third term as deputy leader, taking 3,981 out of 7,369 votes.

The voting numbers are woefully low.

Is that standard for Green leadership votes?
  • Options
    glw said:

Pulpstar said:

I tell you if there was a moonbat event in the Olympics we could give the Yanks a good run for their money.
    I think the USA would still get the best haul of gold medals, though we might not be far behind as you suggest. Would the Russians used banned substances to increase their performance though?
  • Options
    I know its silly season but.....
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,932

Pulpstar said:

surprised it is so many
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited September 2018

glw said:

Pulpstar said:

I think the USA would still get the best haul of gold medals, though we might not be far behind as you suggest. Would the Russians used banned substances to increase their performance though?
    The yanks would win it hands down, forget all those nutters who think aliens anally probed them, the moon landings were fake and Elvis is alive and living in idaho, they just need to put up a team of Q believers.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Pulpstar said:

surprised it is so many
    Well the choice was hardly inspiring - but even so, it is a low turnout
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Pulpstar said:

surprised it is so many
    I think it was obvious in advance who would win so that may have depressed turnout. Wor lass didn't bother voting, for example.
  • Options

glw said:

Pulpstar said:

Just vodka.

Boris Yeltsin would have been guaranteed a podium finish in any event he entered.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Pulpstar said:

surprised it is so many
    Well the choice was hardly inspiring - but even so, it is a low turnout
    exceedingly dire
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1037000278732623875

If Willsman is being kept outside, the same should apply to others who have expressed inappropriate sentiments. Corbyn, Webbe and more
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    I wonder if they are saying:

"I do feel, Reg, that any Anti-Imperialist group like ours must reflect such a divergence of interests within its power-base, that is....erm, unless they happen to be Jewish".

"Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually publically say he hates Jews, seeing as he hasn't got a brain, which is nobody's fault, not even the Tories', but that he can have the right to hate Jews."
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Pulpstar said:

surprised it is so many
    I think it was obvious in advance who would win so that may have depressed turnout. Wor lass didn't bother voting, for example.
    as other post , very dire if that is all they can muster
  • Options
    The Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) party is facing growing calls to be put under state surveillance over mounting evidence of its links to neo-Nazi groups, following far-right demonstrations in the eastern city of Chemnitz.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/04/chemnitz-riots-spark-calls-for-afd-to-be-put-under-surveillance-neo-nazi

Germany and state surveillance...that hasnt turned out too well in the past.
  • Options
    "Parliament has been living out what the late Nobel Prize winning economist Kenneth Arrow called his "impossibility theorem".

Essentially, where there is more than a binary choice for a society, it is impossible to infer a decision accurately reflecting the "will of the people" from a binary vote.

Indeed the big split by the end of the year could well be on how to settle a prolonged impasse.

Some MPs think a new referendum is the only way to avoid a general election.

Others anticipate and are planning for a general election to avoid another referendum."

https://news.sky.com/story/mps-head-back-to-westminster-for-prolonged-panto-season-as-brexit-looms-11489914
  • Options
    Mr. Glenn, the backstop agreed covered the whole UK. The backstop Barnier wants is for Northern Ireland only.

[As an aside, the UK being in the customs union is daft. Having the EU put a custom barrier within the UK is 100% unacceptable. Even the likes of Mogg and Grieve are united on that].
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Who
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Who
    Greens.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Who
    Greens.
    Are they still around
  • Options

I would try to think of something pithier but it would be the general gist, yes you're right.

Plus you seem to have been spending quite a lot of time on researching the sartorial habits of various activists.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

FPT, for SeanT - as you were saying Lincoln is one of your favourite European cities, have you ever been to the Wren-designed Library in the Cathedral? Has to be seen. Roy Strong said it was the most beautiful room in England. Go and make your own mind up.

Hint: I haven't found one better......

I have not! And now I will.

Lincoln is gorgeous. Ely is jolly pleasant as well.
    The Annual Pet Blessing at Ely Cathedral is one of those hilariously bonkers things that is so characteristic of this country.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    I wonder if they are saying:

"I do feel, Reg, that any Anti-Imperialist group like ours must reflect such a divergence of interests within its power-base, that is....erm, unless they happen to be Jewish".

"Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually publically say he hates Jews, seeing as he hasn't got a brain, which is nobody's fault, not even the Tories', but that he can have the right to hate Jews."
    The IHRA clearly is the bogey man for some of those on the hard left, when it does nothing to stop you making strong criticisms of Israels behaviour....How hard can it be to refrain from going around shouting Zio, calling them nazis or claiming they are behind some secret cabal that runs the world.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

He can always go abroad to shop.

• Options

"Parliament has been living out what the late Nobel Prize winning economist Kenneth Arrow called his "impossibility theorem".

Essentially, where there is more than a binary choice for a society, it is impossible to infer a decision accurately reflecting the "will of the people" from a binary vote.

Indeed the big split by the end of the year could well be on how to settle a prolonged impasse.

Others anticipate and are planning for a general election to avoid another referendum."

https://news.sky.com/story/mps-head-back-to-westminster-for-prolonged-panto-season-as-brexit-looms-11489914

It seems rather optimistic to try to resolve an impasse arising from a binary vote with another binary vote.
  • Options

It seems rather optimistic to try to resolve an impasse arising from a binary vote with another binary vote.
    Especially when we don't know what we're voting on.
  • Options

Mr. Glenn, the backstop agreed covered the whole UK. The backstop Barnier wants is for Northern Ireland only.

No it didn't. That's why paragraph 50 was inserted which gives gives Stormont a veto over any divergence on the part of Great Britain. This refers to regulatory barriers only:

In the absence of agreed solutions, as set out in the previous paragraph, the United
    Kingdom will ensure that no new regulatory barriers develop between Northern Ireland and the rest of the United Kingdom, unless, consistent with the 1998 Agreement, the Northern Ireland Executive and Assembly agree that distinct arrangements are appropriate for Northern Ireland. In all circumstances, the United Kingdom will continue to ensure the same unfettered access for Northern Ireland's businesses to the whole of the United Kingdom internal market.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

twitter.com/kateferguson4/status/1036929939575066625

Sacha baron Cohen gets everywhere these days....that character was really the only good one in his new show.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

I would try to think of something pithier but it would be the general gist, yes you're right.

Plus you seem to have been spending quite a lot of time on researching the sartorial habits of various activists.
    And Mossad agents all go round wearing t-shirts showing that they work for the Israeli Security Services. That is exactly how agents of such organisations always dress!
  • Options

No it didn't. That's why paragraph 50 was inserted which gives gives Stormont a veto over any divergence on the part of Great Britain. This refers to regulatory barriers only:

In the absence of agreed solutions, as set out in the previous paragraph, the United
    Kingdom will ensure that no new regulatory barriers develop between Northern Ireland and the rest of the United Kingdom, unless, consistent with the 1998 Agreement, the Northern Ireland Executive and Assembly agree that distinct arrangements are appropriate for Northern Ireland. In all circumstances, the United Kingdom will continue to ensure the same unfettered access for Northern Ireland's businesses to the whole of the United Kingdom internal market.
    Does Stormont want such regulatory barriers?
  • Options

TOPPING said:

And Mossad agents all go round wearing t-shirts showing that they work for the Israeli Security Services. That is exactly how agents of such organisations always dress!
    Do they wear tank tops?
  • Options

TOPPING said:

It's a double bluff. We would assume that Mossad agents wouldn't go round wearing Mossad tee shirts, but in fact, they do.
  • Options
    I reckon CCHQ will let this one go through:
    https://order-order.com/2018/09/04/steven-woolfe-mep-joins-tories/
  • Options
    Former almost UKIP leadership candidate Steven Woolfe MEP has applied to join the Tories.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Does Stormont want such regulatory barriers?
    If not, then the UK will just have to implement EU rules to ensure GB remains in alignment with Northern Ireland.

It's a chain - NI remains in full alignment on both regulation and customs policy. GB remains in alignment with NI on regulation to maintain the UK internal market, but the EU has no obligation to extend any special treatment beyond Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    Mr. Glenn, "In all circumstances, the United Kingdom will continue to ensure the same unfettered access for Northern Ireland's businesses to the whole of the United Kingdom internal market."

How can that access be the 'same unfettered' variety if the EU has annexed Northern Ireland into its customs union, and the rest of the UK is without?

It's drunken madness. Or the EU's official position, which may explain why so many were not enamoured with it to start with.
  • Options
    He was the one that got in a punch up in the European parliament and ended up in a serious condition in hospital wasn't he?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Well. Time to bet on a Bojo leadership? I don't see how TMay survives this

https://twitter.com/andrew_lilico/status/1037003631080468481

Maybe we should just all move to Sweden ;-)
  • Options

He was the one that got in a punch up in the European parliament and ended up in a serious condition in hospital wasn't he?
    Yes, the punch-up was with the appropriately named Mike Hookem.
  • Options

Laid out by Mike "Right" Hookem
  • Options
    SeanT said:

It does look terminal for Theresa.
  • Options

Mr. Glenn, "In all circumstances, the United Kingdom will continue to ensure the same unfettered access for Northern Ireland's businesses to the whole of the United Kingdom internal market."

How can that access be the 'same unfettered' variety if the EU has annexed Northern Ireland into its customs union, and the rest of the UK is without?

It's drunken madness. Or the EU's official position, which may explain why so many were not enamoured with it to start with.

It's very specific wording: "unfettered access for Northern Ireland's businesses" means businesses in NI trading with the rest of the UK. It means the UK is making a unilateral commitment to give them full access. It doesn't place any obligations on the wider EU.
  • Options
    On topic, would this not be a case of getting out of the lying man and onto the dire?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited September 2018
    Interesting new article by John Gray on liberalism:
    "The rise of post-truth liberalism
    John Gray"

https://unherd.com/2018/09/the-rise-of-the-post-truth-liberals
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942
    SeanT said:

Beginning to wonder if DD is the unity candidate.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Scott_P said:
    How do you compromise with anti-Semitism?

And, unpleasant though he probably is (I never saw the video) it sticks in the craw to have an elected member of the NEC slung off for events that took place before his election. Either you believe in democracy or you don’t.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Are the Tories running some secret discount scheme on memberships for ex-kippers this month? The fruitcake special?
This discussion has been closed.