Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Some Brexit betting specials

124»

Comments

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,653
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Andrew said:

To be fair Salisbury Cathedral is very beautiful.

They also were on cctv visiting the famous tourist suburb .... where coincidentally Skripal lived.
    Well that and the minor issue of traces of Novichok being found in their hotel room. What are the odds?
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

Nigelb said:

welshowl said:

Sir Vince Cable today reveals he is “sneaking Tory MPs into his office” for chats about potential defections to the Liberal Democrats.

In an interview with the Evening Standard, the Lib-Dem leader said “conversations” were ongoing with “four or five” Conservative MPs unhappy with the direction their party is taking.

None were yet ready to switch parties, but he predicted several would if Jacob Rees-Mogg or Boris Johnson take over as Tory leader.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/sir-vince-cable-sneaking-several-tory-mps-into-his-office-to-discuss-potential-defections-to-libdems-a3934951.html

"Amid rumours his party could rename itself the “New” Liberal Democrats, he confirmed there were serious discussions on rebranding, and if someone had a better idea than the “two words” Liberal Democrat then “I’m open to that”. "

Shame they can't take the Liberal name back. There is still a functioning Liberal party iirc. Few council seats in West Yorks.

What about Free Liberals?
    How about Free Radicals? (A short lived uncharged molecule, typically highly reactive)
    The New Romantics ?
    (An equally short-lived movement.)
    EDM - English Democratic Movement
    I'm sure Kirsty Williams Assembly Member for Brecon and Radnor will thank you for your suggestion. Very helpful to her I'm sure.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,896
    edited September 2018
    That photo is taken from the south west, across the meadow that really annoys the locals because it stops the completion of the ring road.

The other view that stands out is from about 4 or 5 miles away as you come in down the A30 road (from London), you round a left hand bend and the spire is just there in the distance, the only visible part of the city. It’s when you know you’re nearly home.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

So what is Putin trying to achieve by this RT stunt and how can we (the West) not fall into that trap?

I fear by making something so ridiculous, we will send it up he will be successful in trivialising the whole thing.

The aim of disinformation is not to present some plausible alternative narrative, but to present so many contradictory explanations that people lose track of the facts. The "tourism" explanation is simply more Russian BS to add to the pile from earlier in the year.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

welshowl said:

Sir Vince Cable today reveals he is “sneaking Tory MPs into his office” for chats about potential defections to the Liberal Democrats.

In an interview with the Evening Standard, the Lib-Dem leader said “conversations” were ongoing with “four or five” Conservative MPs unhappy with the direction their party is taking.

None were yet ready to switch parties, but he predicted several would if Jacob Rees-Mogg or Boris Johnson take over as Tory leader.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/sir-vince-cable-sneaking-several-tory-mps-into-his-office-to-discuss-potential-defections-to-libdems-a3934951.html

"Amid rumours his party could rename itself the “New” Liberal Democrats, he confirmed there were serious discussions on rebranding, and if someone had a better idea than the “two words” Liberal Democrat then “I’m open to that”. "

Shame they can't take the Liberal name back. There is still a functioning Liberal party iirc. Few council seats in West Yorks.

How about Free Radicals? (A short lived uncharged molecule, typically highly reactive)
    The New Romantics ?
    (An equally short-lived movement.)
    They could be some sort of People's Movement. I know - the Human League.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

That photo is taken from the south west, across the meadow that really annoys the locals because it stops the completion of the ring road.

The other view that stands out is from about 4 or 5 miles away as you come in down the A30 road (from London), you round a left hand bend and the spire is just there in the distance, the only visible part of the city. It’s when you know you’re nearly home.
    In fairness, I'm sure the top view from the GRU satellite must be quite a sight too.
  • Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,546
    welshowl said:

There was an internal newsletter / opinion collection called the Free Radical, not sure if there still is. So you're not the first with that idea.
  • Options
    glw said:

Andrew said:

They also were on cctv visiting the famous tourist suburb .... where coincidentally Skripal lived.
    Well that and the minor issue of traces of Novichok being found in their hotel room. What are the odds?
    Stag do's these days can get out of hand...and who hasn't got lost on one.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926
    edited September 2018
    Nigelb said:

Interesting Guardian debate:
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/sep/13/guardian-cricket-writers-pick-greatest-england-cricketers-all-time

I'd pick Grace, followed by Hobbs, and then Botham some way behind.

Batsmen Hobbs, Bowler Trueman, All rounder Botham ?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Do the people who don't know him prefer him?
  • Options
    glw said:

Jonathan said:

So what is Putin trying to achieve by this RT stunt and how can we (the West) not fall into that trap?

I fear by making something so ridiculous, we will send it up he will be successful in trivialising the whole thing.

The aim of disinformation is not to present some plausible alternative narrative, but to present so many contradictory explanations that people lose track of the facts. The "tourism" explanation is simply more Russian BS to add to the pile from earlier in the year.
    Really it's just a diplomatic version of Rene Artois out of Allo Allo being caught red handed with the barmaid by his Mrs and coming up with some wildly implausible explanation to distract her.

The fact that there is any alternative at all no matter how wild is better than no alternative, as to what two burly Russian gentlemen in their 30's, on a weekend outing from Moscow, were doing coincidentally near chez Skripal (out of 20million plus homes in the UK), just before they caught a flight back to Russia and the Skripal's were then, amazingly found poisoned with a nerve agent apparently traceable to Russia.

Of course the only person swallowing this and playing the part of the gullible Mrs Artois is an elderly gentleman from Islington. There's always one.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Not precisely correct to say that when you see the spire "you're nearly home" more accurately you're near the end of the long queue of traffic waiting to get in to the city.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Nigelb said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/sep/13/guardian-cricket-writers-pick-greatest-england-cricketers-all-time

I'd pick Anderson for bowler.

Has to be Botham for all rounder.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,611
    glw said:

Andrew said:

Yes, they must have been contaminated while lost in that suburb. Just as well they werent affected themselves.
  • Options
    welshowl said:

glw said:

Jonathan said:

Really it's just a diplomatic version of Rene Artois out of Allo Allo being caught red handed with the barmaid by his Mrs and coming up with some wildly implausible explanation to distract her.

The fact that there is any alternative at all no matter how wild is better than no alternative, as to what two burly Russian gentlemen in their 30's, on a weekend outing from Moscow, were doing coincidentally near chez Skripal (out of 20million plus homes in the UK), just before they caught a flight back to Russia and the Skripal's were then, amazingly found poisoned with a nerve agent apparently traceable to Russia.

Of course the only person swallowing this and playing the part of the gullible Mrs Artois is an elderly gentleman from Islington. There's always one.
    Craig Murray is doing his usual pro-Russia jig. The Corbyn outriders love him.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,854

I let they were unimpressed with Stonehenge just like most people which visit it.

I wasn't.

We used to go to St Ives on family holidays which in the early 1970s meant a 4am start and a nine hour journey. Dad would drive us to Stonehenge and in the pre-dawn we'd get out and walk among the stones which you could back then.

Even as a young Stodge, it was a wondrous thing to be among the stones in the early morning sunshine.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,611
    I see the Board of Deputies is in action again, I am sure that PB's finest loathers of anti-semitism will want the perpetrators suspended and disciplined:

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1040201726891044865?s=19
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

felix said:

Andrew said:

They obviously only wanted to a visit a quantum of Salisbury.
    also twas for their eyes only.
    You can't buy Thunderball lottery tickets in Moscow.
    There is though pussy galore I'm told.
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    tpfkar said:

If I was doing a weekend's sightseeing from Moscow to Salisbury, is it plausible that I wouldn't visit Stonehenge? Famous world-wide and 10km out of Salisbury.

I worked a few miles from Stonehenge for 3 years. I never went to see it.

It is only a bunch of rocks....
  • Options
    Foxy said:

I see the Board of Deputies is in action again, I am sure that PB's finest loathers of anti-semitism will want the perpetrators suspended and disciplined:

Well they are all being made redundant in about 6 months.......
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Roaming charges in the EU after Brexit ?

https://twitter.com/ThreeUK/status/1040008058922037249
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Utterly moot as there will be no flights to the EU for anyone to go there.
  • Options
    tpfkar said:

welshowl said:

There was an internal newsletter / opinion collection called the Free Radical, not sure if there still is. So you're not the first with that idea.
    I thought free radicals were good for the skin - because they're worth it?
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Not precisely correct to say that when you see the spire "you're nearly home" more accurately you're near the end of the long queue of traffic waiting to get in to the city.
    Ha ha, yes I’ll give you that, especially so at 6pm. Still easier to sit in that queue than the one past Stonehenge though, which is the alternative.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited September 2018
    TGOHF said:

No-deal Brexit won't bring back mobile roaming charges - minister

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45501007

I am not sure who Sky's government sources are, but I think they need some new ones.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

As Three quite rightly point out companies didn't have to impose ruinous roaming charges before, they chose to do so.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

I told you so. Raab had a tin ear when he hit out at JL. What on earth has got into the Tories that makes them almost automatically criticise those who ought to be their natural supporters?
    A mate of mine does merchandise displays at JL branches. He remarked to me months ago how devoid of customers their stores were looking these days.
  • Options
    RobD said:

TGOHF said:

The free roaming is a bit of a scam anyway - the phone companies found a way to charge us when we visited Italy in June. I suspect it will be kept anyway but not something I can get overly bothered about.
  • Options
    RobD said:

TGOHF said:

Do we get to select which one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse gets us? Or is it just pot luck? It's a shame too Easter is quite late this year because I doubt any of us are going to make it that far.
  • Options
    stodge said:

I let they were unimpressed with Stonehenge just like most people which visit it.

I wasn't.

We used to go to St Ives on family holidays which in the early 1970s meant a 4am start and a nine hour journey. Dad would drive us to Stonehenge and in the pre-dawn we'd get out and walk among the stones which you could back then.

Even as a young Stodge, it was a wondrous thing to be among the stones in the early morning sunshine.
    The most noticeable spectacle up there when I last passed was the fields of pigs and their accompanying shit. We are looking at building a tunnel at the cost of unknown millions to protect the world heritage site whilst the local farmer has peppered the surrounding countryside with pig huts in an apparent attempt to construct Wiltshire's own favela.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Guido links to a Sun story last night that the top 4 UK mobile companies (85% of the market) have agreed with the UK Government that they will not charge roaming fees in the EU after Brexit.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    Foxy said:

Quite right. What on earth are the Tories doing siding with Orban? They have forgotten what they are supposed to stand for.

Anyway, the sun is shining so have work to do and will do it in the garden while we still have it.

Till later.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

I am not sure who Sky's government sources are, but I think they need some new ones.
    Sky will interview anyone and quote anyone who says Brexit is bad. See Faisal Islam having a row with the Civil Aviation Authority yesterday for yet another example.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586
    Foxy said:

That is pretty disgusting. However, it should be noted that there were a few honourable exceptions...
    the Tories were the only governing conservative party in western Europe to vote against the move.

Of the Tory MEPs, only Nosheena Mobarik rebelled to vote for the motion, while two others, Charles Tannock and Sajjad Karim, abstained. Separately, Richard Ashworth and Julie Girling, who were elected as Conservatives but left their political group over Brexit and do not take the whip, also backed action....
  • Options

TGOHF said:

To my view Sky really is becoming unhinged in its seemingly endless desire to find the downside in everything. Their right and all that, but really?
  • Options
    welshowl said:

RobD said:

TGOHF said:

Do we get to select which one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse gets us? Or is it just pot luck? It's a shame too Easter is quite late this year because I doubt any of us are going to make it that far.
    I believe they'll be allocated out on a fair basis. I'm hoping that War gets me. Unless it's all an elaborate computer virus as in Red Dwarf
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Guido links to a Sun story last night that the top 4 UK mobile companies (85% of the market) have agreed with the UK Government that they will not charge roaming fees in the EU after Brexit.
    I would expect the big 4 to act in lockstep. Nobody wants to be seen as the rip-off network. But at some point they might choose to let roaming charges lag behind UK charges, as UK networks have relatively poor ARPU (believe it or not our carriers are really quite cheap) and roaming has in the past been a nice little earner.
  • Options

My new iPhone will cost me £1,449.

Absolute bargain and confirms once again iPhones are the phones of the working classes.

Why. for God's sake, why?

(Though the new ARM chip within, and the TSMC 7nm process it's being built on, is very interesting.)
    Has a bigger OLED screen, battery life, and half a terabyte storage for starters.
    Sorry, missed this reply.

And next years will have an even bigger OLED screen, even more battery life, and a terabyte of storage. People should stop paying through the nose to be early adopters, ,and use last year's tech instead, so the big tech companies don't skim them, and the people who design modules for their chips don't earn as much ...

Oh hang on, please buy two. ;)
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Ha ha, yes I’ll give you that, especially so at 6pm. Still easier to sit in that queue than the one past Stonehenge though, which is the alternative.
    I avoid both - only in Salisbury could the council planners grant planning permission for the construction of a supermarket in a location that means that traffic on the A36, one of the main trunk roads from west to east, have to give way to shoppers leaving Tesco.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115
    Cyclefree said:

Foxy said:

Quite right. What on earth are the Tories doing siding with Orban? They have forgotten what they are supposed to stand for.

Anyway, the sun is shining so have work to do and will do it in the garden while we still have it.

Till later.
    Who knows what they were thinking. Some high-ground issue about the EU imposing a silencing of all of Hungary's MEPs, I assume - but it was rotten politics regardless.

The best thing we can do is to get rid of all Tory MEPs.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Those who stick up for Orban should rightly be criticized. I personally wouldn't patronize the place with my business because of it.

However, the EU rebuke is as much about the fact along with Hungary a number of former Eastern block countries are increasingly causing trouble for the EU project as they have agreed privately to work together to leverage their positions. Orban is the one driving this.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,995
    Foxy said:

The PB tories are only very recent converts to the cause of identity politics (anti semitism sub-genus). You'll have to give them a few minutes.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Pulpstar said:

Nigelb said:

I'd pick Anderson for bowler.

Has to be Botham for all rounder.
    Grace and Hobbs were, each in their own way, nonpareils, whereas other countries have had bowlers and all rounders whom I'd pick before either Truman or (possibly) Botham.

We do have one test bowler who has no real equivalent:
    189 wickets at 16.43 in only 27 tests... SF Barnes - who declined an test place at the age of 47, as the administrators wouldn't pay for his family to accompany him on tour.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

Those who stick up for Orban should rightly be criticized. I personally wouldn't patronize the place with my business because of it.

However, the EU rebuke is as much about the fact along with Hungary a number of former Eastern block countries are increasingly causing trouble for the EU project as they have agreed privately to work together to leverage their positions. Orban is the one driving this.

It's virtue signalling. If they don't like them, kick 'em out.
  • Options
    So long as he doesn't try to run as an independent when he fails to secure the nomination...
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    tlg86 said:

The EU were warned when they expanded that a number of countries were really unsuitable, in fact they ignored their own reports into things like crime, rampant corruption and poor governance, which is suppose to be a disqualifier for being given the option to join.

Bulgaria is worse than ever and their president vetoed attempts to do anything to address it.
  • Options
    It seems the Salisbury Tourist Board's tie-up with little-known Russia ad agency GRU didn't go too well. It only attracted two tourists, but at least they visited twice.
  • Options
    Anyone from Moscow explained how these "tourists" had traces of Novichok in their London hotel room?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    EU driving licence holders, visiting or living in the UK after exit
    After exit day on 29 March 2019, arrangements for EU licence holders who are visiting or living in the UK would not change.

For visitors, with driving licences from EU or non-EU countries like the USA, Canada, Serbia, Japan and New Zealand will enjoy the same arrangements as today. The UK does not require visiting motorists, for example those coming to the UK on holiday or who wish to drive on business, to hold a separate IDP to guarantee the recognition of their driving licence.

At least one of us is playing at grown ups....
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,817
    edited September 2018
    Has Jezza called on Theresa May to apologize to Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov yet?

:D
  • Options
    Is this a snide dig from Ted Cruz at Trump's obviously artificially coloured locks ?
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/13/california-trump-gop-attacks-midterms-818418
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

I avoid both - only in Salisbury could the council planners grant planning permission for the construction of a supermarket in a location that means that traffic on the A36, one of the main trunk roads from west to east, have to give way to shoppers leaving Tesco.
    Indeed. Salisbury’s not a place to live if you don’t like the traffic. When I lived there I either worked a mile from home, was on the train to London or out of the door by car at 6am, so I managed to avoid it most of the time!
  • Options

Anyone from Moscow explained how these "tourists" had traces of Novichok in their London hotel room?

Well clearly they visited the world famous front door of Sergei Skripal's home, and accidentally came in contact with the door handle. They probably only missed bumping into the real assassins by minutes.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Below the breathless headline is the solution you may need to spend £5.50 on an IDP. As you already do travelling elsewhere.

Forget no deal, more like big deal.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Orban is just as likely to threaten to bung in an Article 50 notice - and put the EU on notice that he is going to set up a mid-European Singapore in their midst....
  • Options
    glw said:

Well clearly they visited the world famous front door of Sergei Skripal's home, and accidentally came in contact with the door handle. They probably only missed bumping into the real assassins by minutes.
    And the reason they visited twice was because there was too much snow on the ground on the first day.......said the Russians, who have never had snow on their boots...
  • Options
    glw said:

You mean, they were tailing the guys from Porton Down? They should offer to do a photofit then. Being such civic-minded citizens and that....
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926
    Apple's batteries look puny from what I can see. Not even breaking 3 Ampere hours !
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754

Scott_P said:
    Below the breathless headline is the solution you may need to spend £5.50 on an IDP. As you already do travelling elsewhere.

Much ado about nothing looks like it will be playing country wide all the way to March next year
  • Options

tlg86 said:

Orban is just as likely to threaten to bung in an Article 50 notice - and put the EU on notice that he is going to set up a mid-European Singapore in their midst....
    Would be fun if he did
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Much ado about nothing looks like it will be playing country wide all the way to March next year
    Not for car manufacturing, if there's no deal:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vehicle-type-approval-if-theres-no-brexit-deal/vehicle-type-approval-if-theres-no-brexit-deal#before-29-march-2019
  • Options

Scott_P said:

That will cut both ways presumably?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Foxy said:

Till later.
    The answer to almost all 'What on earth are the Tories doing' type questions is because they've shat the bed over Brexit.
  • Options
    The GRU poisoner's modus operandi: Leave and Let Die.....
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Is this a snide dig from Ted Cruz at Trump's obviously artificially coloured locks ?
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/13/california-trump-gop-attacks-midterms-818418

Probably a bit too subtle against someone whose benchmarks are your dad assassinated JFK and your wife's a dog.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

No, the government has very sensibly said we'd recognise EU licences.

If the EU want to shoot themselves in the foot by making it more difficult for UK tourists to visit them, more fool them.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vehicle-type-approval-if-theres-no-brexit-deal/vehicle-type-approval-if-theres-no-brexit-deal#before-29-march-2019
    its the same withaircraft IIRC as components fly back and forth. So the question is are the UK and EU going to close down two of their important industries ?

Personally I dont think they will.
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315

Scott_P said:
    After exit day on 29 March 2019, arrangements for EU licence holders who are visiting or living in the UK would not change.

For visitors, with driving licences from EU or non-EU countries like the USA, Canada, Serbia, Japan and New Zealand will enjoy the same arrangements as today. The UK does not require visiting motorists, for example those coming to the UK on holiday or who wish to drive on business, to hold a separate IDP to guarantee the recognition of their driving licence.

The IDP is valid for a year, can be bought at post offices and costs less than a single one way allocated seat on Ryanair. You do wonder how some of the more hysterical snowflakes ever manage to travel anywhere at all or indeed drive abroad on the right side of the road assuming they are even capable of finding the car hire desk.
  • Options
    brendan16 said:

Scott_P said:

The IDP is valid for a year, can be bought at post offices and costs less than a single one way allocated seat on Ryanair. You do wonder how some of the more hysterical snowflakes ever manage to travel anywhere at all or indeed drive abroad on the right side of the road assuming they are even capable of finding the car hire desk.
    I remember when Leavers said Brexit would reduce bureaucracy and cost.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

its the same withaircraft IIRC as components fly back and forth. So the question is are the UK and EU going to close down two of their important industries ?

Nor do I. I think a deal will be done.

What these documents highlight is what utter chaos (to both sides) would ensue if there is literally no deal. It's frankly unthinkable, but there's a non-negligible risk that it could happen almost by accident.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options

Scott_P said:

Nor do I. I think a deal will be done.

What these documents highlight is what utter chaos (to both sides) would ensue if there is literally no deal. It's frankly unthinkable, but there's a non-negligible risk that it could happen almost by accident.
    the HMG documents actually look fairly sensible.

Here's the issue this is what you must do about it, And as you say it cuts both ways.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

No, the government has very sensibly said we'd recognise EU licences.

If the EU want to shoot themselves in the foot by making it more difficult for UK tourists to visit them, more fool them.
    On a road transport note. I used to work for a road repairing company where over half the truck drivers were Romanian. Will the UK still recognise foreign drivers CPC card? This is seperate to a HGV card.
    To be honest, the whole scheme is a bit rubbish as it's about showing continuous training and you can compete the same module 5 times to pass.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

Cyclefree said:

I told you so. Raab had a tin ear when he hit out at JL. What on earth has got into the Tories that makes them almost automatically criticise those who ought to be their natural supporters?
    A mate of mine does merchandise displays at JL branches. He remarked to me months ago how devoid of customers their stores were looking these days.
    The detail seems to be that the never knowingly undersold promise is pulling their margins down. The desperate attempts by HoF, Debenhams, M&S etc to generate footfall are having an indirect effect. It's not really a story of Brexit, it's a story of competitors supporting themselves by cramming down their creditors and JL not doing so. The rescue culture isn't always positive.
  • Options
    New thread.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    Dura_Ace said:

Foxy said:

The PB tories are only very recent converts to the cause of identity politics (anti semitism sub-genus). You'll have to give them a few minutes.
    The rules to Identity Politics are available for us all now. It gave us Brexit and Trump. Its amazing when some people work out how a much smaller group managed to impose their will on a majority of people, while scorning much of what they stand for.

Brexit is worth it off it all it does is flush out those who used to successfully hide their prejudices and contempt for working people.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,932
    Nigelb said:

DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

matt said:

My new iPhone will cost me £1,449.

Absolute bargain and confirms once again iPhones are the phones of the working classes.

If you need to bang on about the price, I agree.
    Banging on about the price is rather nouveau riche, don't you think?
    Can be schemie as well, but normally just highlights lack of self esteem
    I wondered if “schemie” might need a translation for our southern readers.
    Scottish chav ?
    Well done Nigel
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995
    edited September 2018
    And how many of those who prefer him vote Labour or LD not Tory? I have no great problem with Javid but it is Tory members he needs to convince after he backed the Chequers Deal
This discussion has been closed.